Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Got the $100 red 3DS at my Sears as an impulse buy today, too. Apparently, it's only the red one (no bundle). The non-bundle black one is also being clearanced for $150 (hah!).

If you've found the red one at your local Sears and do not see it marked down, ask for a price check! It's likely that the no one marked it down/place a sticker on it (some proactive electronics associate might; like the one at my store).

Thanks for the heads up elrobo8, the regular Wii nunchucks (in the slim cardboard packaging) are both ringing up $9.97 (not $4.97 in my store for the white unfortunately), I'll be adding those to my scan sheet for another hopeful drop next month.

The only thing I would be remotely interested in is the 1-year starter kit with the chatpad. That thing has got to clearance this year. Can't figure out why it hasn't yet.

Did vita cards get clearanced yet?

I may go and walk around my sears today but the only scanner is on the other side of the store. I won't have time to make a UPC sheet before I go and nothing is ever correctly marked.

[quote name='bgame2']Did vita cards get clearanced yet?

I may go and walk around my sears today but the only scanner is on the other side of the store. I won't have time to make a UPC sheet before I go and nothing is ever correctly marked.[/QUOTE]

I saw the 4 gb vita memory card was on clearance for $14.97.

[quote name='bgame2']Did vita cards get clearanced yet?

I may go and walk around my sears today but the only scanner is on the other side of the store. I won't have time to make a UPC sheet before I go and nothing is ever correctly marked.[/QUOTE]

I bought a couple of 8 gb vita cards for 4.97 each 2 (maybe 3) months ago.

[quote name='slowdive21']I bought a couple of 8 gb vita cards for 4.97 each 2 (maybe 3) months ago.[/QUOTE]

Did you really meant seeing 8gb PSPgo/MSPro Duo memory cards on clearance or actual PSVITA mem cards? That's a huge difference.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Did you really meant seeing 8gb PSPgo/MSPro Duo memory cards on clearance or actual PSVITA mem cards? That's a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

They are vita. I think they were marked 24.97, rang up 9.97 and the manager marked them down to 4.97 each. My local store clearanced out stuff months before other stores. It is a 'test store'.

Mine still had the vita cards full price. :( hoping they clearance out the game section soon. it just looks sad . there isn't anything left. but a couple games some systems and MSRP accessories.

Store near me had DSi's for 80$ and DSi XL's for 75$. Whats up with that.

They also have a bunch of other things on sale. A Wii remote with motion plus for 30$ and 3DS cradles + chargers for 5$ each.

I was really trying not to impulse buy there last time I went.

I've been thinking about upgrading from my old DS Lite for a while and sure enough, my local Sears had a non-bundled red 3DS in the back of the case stickered at $99.97. The sales rep was shocked when he rang me out, saying the price was less than the store's cost. :cool:

Awesome deal - thanks for the heads up!

Already picked up NSMB2 with Gamestop credit and splurged on Zero Escape. Contemplating another game or two to round things out.

Found the 3DS at a local Sears. Google shopping said they had limited stock and when I went I didn't see it in the case so I figured it was another strike out. I went ahead and asked an employee to check and after checking the system he showed they had one on hand. He had me pay out and take my ticket to merchandise pick up and I scanned my receipt at the kiosk and about 5 minutes later an employee appeared with the 3DS. I honestly expected them to say they couldn't find it but I was pleasantly surprised. Kind of odd that every other console but the clearance 3DS was on the sales floor. No doubt put back there by an employee waiting for it to hit rock bottom to snag for their self. Anyone else who is seeing the same limited stock indication on google shopping but can't find it on the sales floor might try the same thing. Item # 93070

Non gaming related but I bought a Sony Alpha SLT-A35K DSLR Camera on clearance for $234. The employee said the store cost was $600; the first clearance cycle appears to have been $399 but it just dropped to $234.97

Oh weird I went to my local store to pick up the flame red 3ds and I guess I missed it by an hour and the clerk told me about the same guy picking up 2 of those DSLRs the clerk was really surprised at how cheap they were!

[quote name='Chedeng88']Are you sure about this item number? Sears' item nos. are usually 11 digits long.[/QUOTE]

That's the number I gave him and he was able to find it in the system.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']That's the number I gave him and he was able to find it in the system.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.

Where did you get this number by the way, since the red 3DS console is no longer on the Sears website?

[quote name='Chedeng88']Ok thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.

Where did you get this number by the way, since the red 3DS console is no longer on the Sears website?[/QUOTE]

Funny story actually, I googled it and clicked on a link that took me to a picture posted on Slick Deals haha!

[quote name='Chedeng88']Are you sure about this item number? Sears' item nos. are usually 11 digits long.[/QUOTE]

Actually they are 5 numbers long. Some items may have more numbers but they only need the first 5 numbers of the model and two number from the Department number. Not sure what the department number for electronics.

As a former Sears employee and Cager I can tell you that the item number is indeed 5 numbers preceded by a 2 digit department number

Division 58 is video games. So a copy of Mario would be like 58-11111 for example. I think Division 03 was cameras or consoles. So 03-11111. So the DS is probably 58-93070. Cant remember if consoles were 58, your receipt will show it. Games are 58 consoles might be 57 or some close number.

If you ask the employee to look up the item they should know the division for consoles so youre fine by just bringing them the 93070 number. When looking things up the employee has to enter the division number separate then the item number.

@RedFoxCommando and @xDerekRx,

Thanks for the information guys! I was able to snag the last red 3DS at my local Sears.

I also checked the supposedly clearanced Sony Alpha DSLR, but it was not. It was ringing at $400. Hmmm...

[quote name='xDerekRx']As a former Sears employee and Cager I can tell you that the item number is indeed 5 numbers preceded by a 2 digit department number

Division 58 is video games. So a copy of Mario would be like 58-11111 for example. I think Division 03 was cameras or consoles. So 03-11111. So the DS is probably 58-93070. Cant remember if consoles were 58, your receipt will show it. Games are 58 consoles might be 57 or some close number.

If you ask the employee to look up the item they should know the division for consoles so youre fine by just bringing them the 93070 number. When looking things up the employee has to enter the division number separate then the item number.[/QUOTE]

As a current employee, I can tell you this is incorrect.

[quote name='secondhand1']As a current employee, I can tell you this is incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Be careful, poor xderekrx got fired for posting on here. Of course Josh (aka Kmart Gamer) and the other SHC execs that used to come here are all fired too so you're probably safer than he was.

[quote name='secondhand1']As a current employee, I can tell you this is incorrect.[/QUOTE]
Well as a current employee who has to deal with stock numbers and junk everyday I can say at least he's correct when it comes to how it works at my store. Though can't say if the numbers he provided is correct. I'm not in that department, but the method is the same for me.

[quote name='Blaster man']Be careful, poor xderekrx got fired for posting on here. Of course Josh (aka Kmart Gamer) and the other SHC execs that used to come here are all fired too so you're probably safer than he was.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I remember all of that. Sucks. I won't be giving out crucial info about the company so I'm not worried.

I guess the vita cards were marked down in march/april:

vita8gb3_zps225be6ee.jpg

This is one of them that I bought. I paid $4.97, but I think they were 9.97 at that time.

Ran across a few of the Flame Red 3DS but I passed. I really doubt I would get around to actually playing it with the glut of games I already have.

[quote name='slowdive21']I guess the vita cards were marked down in march/april:

vita8gb3_zps225be6ee.jpg

This is one of them that I bought. I paid $4.97, but I think they were 9.97 at that time.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to find a Google Shopping listings for Sears but I can't.

IIRC my store only carries the 4GB and 8GB cards and I know they have stock of each but I can't seem to locate it to see if they are on clearance

[quote name='Invicta 61']Ran across a few of the Flame Red 3DS but I passed. I really doubt I would get around to actually playing it with the glut of games I already have.[/QUOTE]

Worth buying just for the Pokemon games IMO if you like that series, there are 2 3DS exclusive Pokemon games coming out. The only other games I have are Scribblenauts and Style Savvy and IMO that will be enough to hold me until the release of Pokemon in October. I probably won't even play scribllenauts that much since I won it in a contest so it was free to me, I wouldn't recommend paying $40 for it however. If you don't like Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrain odyssey, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing (coming out soon), Harvest Moon or anything else I might have missed then I don't think this system is for you. If you want even one of those games then its worth buying.

Even if I only bought the one Pokemon game that comes out in October this system would have been worth it for me. Much better than having to pay $169 for it or $199 for the XL which I hear is quite heavy to hold.

[quote name='kraftwerks']DSiXL systems down to $39.97.[/QUOTE]

would that be ALL Dsixl systems?? or specific colors only? for example, I know that bronze clearanced out before all others

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']would that be ALL Dsixl systems?? or specific colors only? for example, I know that bronze clearanced out before all others[/QUOTE]

I'll double check later. I believe I only have the blue model in stock but that should be a good indicator.

[quote name='Blaster man']If google shopping shows 74.97 does that mean its really 39.97?[/QUOTE]

Google shopping has always been 100% accurate for me regarding price UNLESS their is a manager special where they take an additional % off but that usually requires an override.

[quote name='SaraAB']Worth buying just for the Pokemon games IMO if you like that series, there are 2 3DS exclusive Pokemon games coming out. The only other games I have are Scribblenauts and Style Savvy and IMO that will be enough to hold me until the release of Pokemon in October. I probably won't even play scribllenauts that much since I won it in a contest so it was free to me, I wouldn't recommend paying $40 for it however. If you don't like Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrain odyssey, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing (coming out soon), Harvest Moon or anything else I might have missed then I don't think this system is for you. If you want even one of those games then its worth buying.

Even if I only bought the one Pokemon game that comes out in October this system would have been worth it for me. Much better than having to pay $169 for it or $199 for the XL which I hear is quite heavy to hold.[/QUOTE]

I like Shin Megami Tensei and wouldn't mind trying out a Zelda (haven't played one in about 10 years) but I have such a tremendous backlog that it may be at least a year before I could attempt to play anything on it. I already have a PSP and a PSP Go that have barely been used. My backlog on PS3 titles alone I would estimate at 120, that includes time consuming titles like Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Dragon Age. I just don't have the time to play all the stuff I want to. (To be honest, since joining CAG I have probably spent more time looking for deals than actually playing.)

[quote name='Blaster man']If google shopping shows 74.97 does that mean its really 39.97?[/QUOTE]

Im getting $75 as well

[quote name='GBAstar']Google shopping has always been 100% accurate for me regarding price UNLESS their is a manager special where they take an additional % off but that usually requires an override.[/QUOTE]

Iirc, Google shopping shows only the last price that the item has sold for. So it could very well be 39.97 in the local Sears system but the last time it sold it was $75.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Iirc, Google shopping shows only the last price that the item has sold for. So it could very well be 39.97 in the local Sears system but the last time it sold it was $75.[/QUOTE]

It usually updates the day after the price updates. If he thinks its 100% accurate the. He's not checking the day of the price change.

$75 at my sears as well, just checked 20 minutes ago. Bought it though (sticker said it had been price reduced on the 4th, so I didn't want to wait until next month lest it vanish).

[quote name='Invicta 61']I like Shin Megami Tensei and wouldn't mind trying out a Zelda (haven't played one in about 10 years) but I have such a tremendous backlog that it may be at least a year before I could attempt to play anything on it. I already have a PSP and a PSP Go that have barely been used. My backlog on PS3 titles alone I would estimate at 120, that includes time consuming titles like Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Dragon Age. I just don't have the time to play all the stuff I want to. (To be honest, since joining CAG I have probably spent more time looking for deals than actually playing.)[/QUOTE]

I know how u feel.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Im getting $75 as well[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $75 here as well. For $40, I would definitely get one, but $75 seems too much for an old system, considering the 3ds xl has all the funcitonality of a dsi xl, in addition to playing 3ds games.

Yeah I feel your pain on the backlog, its just that this is so cheap for this system you will probably have to wait another 3 years until we see a $99 price drop on it so even if you want one game its worth getting for that price. Heck you could probably sell it used for more than what you paid new.

It doesn't make much sense to buy a DSi XL now at any price really, maybe for $25 or if you really want to have one in your collection especially if you can get the 3DS for $99.

I can testify that DS games look just fine on the regular 3DS and the black border around the top screen doesn't bother me at all. I have no idea how regular DS games look on the 3DS XL.

I havent tried DS on a 3DSXL, but on a regular 3DS it was far from optimal. I can play NES games on my tablet for instance, but it isnt as good as if i were playing them on real hardware. That kind of thing.

bread's done
Back