Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It looks like a lot of older clearance games are out of the system. I scanned Personal Trainer Walking DS and some other random PS3 and 360 games that weren't tagged and all scanned as pricing not available at the price checker. I didn't feel like asking for price checks at the register since I thought they would go by the sticker price. It wasn't a wasted trip though since I did find 1 Vita 4GB memory card.[/QUOTE]

Take the stickers off? lol

[quote name='electricsleep']Just a heads up to check your SYWR accounts. I got $7 worth of points that expires the first week of april.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how successful these are? It's something that you don't see anyone else really doing (dripping out $3, $5, and $7 periodically) but they seem to think it works. I wonder if this gets people to go out and spend money they wouldn't normally spend or if it just is them losing money

SI

[quote name='StryderOmega']Take the stickers off? lol[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do that though. When it doesn't have a price in the scanner it means it's out of the system and from all the price drops it happen to not get sold. He may actually get charged more if he removes the sticker since there is no way to check the price of it.

I don't seem to get as much as you guys, but I got this offer showing up on my account, but no points in my account:

Free $3 in points
To redeem on your Kmart FOOD purchase of $30 or more
* Offer is valid for one-time only, not valid if already used.

I would buy something, but pretty sure I don't want to be buying food at Kmart regularly due to the fact that most of it is expired or outdated in the stores near me.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']I wouldn't do that though. When it doesn't have a price in the scanner it means it's out of the system and from all the price drops it happen to not get sold. He may actually get charged more if he removes the sticker since there is no way to check the price of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't do that period. You are also probably being taped by one of the store's surveillance cameras, and they would treat that as fraud.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah, I wouldn't do that period. You are also probably being taped by one of the store's surveillance cameras, and they would treat that as fraud.[/QUOTE]

Lol wut? How is that fraud? The system has the price in it still. They have to check it with the handhelds. What is fraud is them charging you one price when systemically it is cheaper.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Lol wut? How is that fraud? The system has the price in it still. They have to check it with the handhelds. What is fraud is them charging you one price when systemically it is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It's probably fraud cause one would be tampering with it to try to benefit themselves. When we considering our conversation about it, if the sticker was removed they wouldn't know what price to charge you cause the system doesn't keep that information when the item (if the item is already out of the system for being out on the floor so long) goes Clearance. Once it hits Clearance you can't check the normal retail price of the item, previous sales or the pass Clearance prices.

Customer could probably be screwing themselves if they remove a sticker and the Associate doesn't know what to price it and decides to charge you more than the sticker. Wouldn't be fraud on their part cause they don't have a price for an item. They could either try to sell you the item for the price they believe is worth it or send the item to RTV.

Tried using my SYW rewards today and got an "not eligible for shop your way rewards" showing up in the register with a 1-800 number to call. When I called up the number, the CS rep said everything looks fine. The cashier was also clueless. They were not able to fix the error so in the end I didn't proceed with my purchase. Anybody else had this error before?

[quote name='Chedeng88']Tried using my SYW rewards today and got an "not eligible for shop your way rewards" showing up in the register with a 1-800 number to call. When I called up the number, the CS rep said everything looks fine. The cashier was also clueless. They were not able to fix the error so in the end I didn't proceed with my purchase. Anybody else had this error before?[/QUOTE]

The exact same thing happened to me today. The Sears clerk called the 1-800 number and a SYW rep spoke with us. After 15 minutes, they basically said that there's nothing they can do. However, the SYW rep said that if I was unable to use the rewards points during the promotional period (thru the 24th), I could call back and they would add 5000 points to my account.

So, over the past couple of weeks, I have managed to visit every remaining Sears in my area except for the one that hasn't had any games in years. They have all stopped carrying video games. One is the only store in its mall (the entire mall is shut down except for the Sears), and they had only a single white Wii-U and a copy of NintendoLand. The Wii-U had a clearence tag for ~$283-ish dated January, so I asked the guy sitting down browsing the web if he could see if it had dropped lower. He was pretty sure it hadn't, but said he'd check. The numbers on the tag were faded and unreadable, so he had to get it out of the case, but he couldn't, because after 15 minutes of looking, neither he nor the other employee could find the key. They could not find the key to the display case, and they were pretty "meh, oh well, check back tomorrow" about it. I don't think a lot of people even know the store is still open. There is another one that is down to several Skylanders starter packs and 2 or 3 full priced vita games, and one more that I think had a full priced console (can't remember if it was a PS3 or 360, it was the first Sears I checked). I'm going to miss Sears clearance.

Well I suppose I can look and see if I find a Move bundle. Sears also seems like the type of place that might still have an Assassin's Creed Liberation Bundle as well.

[quote name='jester55']Just snagged the last crimson red 3DS in my area for $59.97!! Thanks a bunch guys![/QUOTE]

Scored a black DSi @ $59.97 earlier this week in Birmingham. It was slim pickin's and I was surprised to have scored it this late in the game. All the games are (and have been) long gone.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Lol wut? How is that fraud? The system has the price in it still. They have to check it with the handhelds. What is fraud is them charging you one price when systemically it is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

If the camera tapes someone removing a price sticker, that will automatically arouse suspicion. Security will assume customer is trying to defraud the store, even if it turns out not to be the case. IIRC this was mentioned in the Kmart or Sears thread in the past.

[quote name='duderanch']The exact same thing happened to me today. The Sears clerk called the 1-800 number and a SYW rep spoke with us. After 15 minutes, they basically said that there's nothing they can do. However, the SYW rep said that if I was unable to use the rewards points during the promotional period (thru the 24th), I could call back and they would add 5000 points to my account.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy a bunch of same/identical clearance items? I did, and it was several Xbox HDD transfer cables for $0.97 each. That was my last successful SYW transaction.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Did you buy a bunch of same/identical clearance items? I did, and it was several Xbox HDD transfer cables for $0.97 each. That was my last successful SYW transaction.[/QUOTE]

I bought a few PS Move bundles, but those points haven't even been applied to my account yet.

Stopped by the Sears near in in St Pete, FL. They have a small game section, but nothing on clearance. Was hoping to come across one of the move bundles.

I grabbed one of the PS3 Bluetooth v2 headsets for $10 last week and went back to grab the rest to sell to friends yesterday. There was only one left (they had 4 or 5 when i was there last) but it rang up $2. So...go for it if you have some close by!

MAJOR HEADS UP

If anyone was waiting on another price drop for the PS Move MM/SC bundle you might want to head to the Sears that had them ASAP because I scored one yesterday for 2 FREAKING DOLLARS! I had to ask one of the workers there to ring it up and check the price because it was on one of those locked hooks. He was relatively adamant that it would ring up MSRP, like every other Sears employee I've had ring something up for me that was locked up but reported to be on clearance. I was thinking it would come up at $15 like everyone else has been getting it, but I almost shit a brick when he told me $2.

He rang it up from the barcode on the box and there was no handwritten price tag on it, so I'm pretty much positive that this isn't one of the fabled "manager's specials." I don't know if this is an anomaly or if the next price drop came earlier than the standard first friday of the month. Good luck with the hunt.

[quote name='electricsleep']MAJOR HEADS UP

If anyone was waiting on another price drop for the PS Move MM/SC bundle you might want to head to the Sears that had them ASAP because I scored one yesterday for 2 FREAKING DOLLARS! I had to ask one of the workers there to ring it up and check the price because it was on one of those locked hooks. He was relatively adamant that it would ring up MSRP, like every other Sears employee I've had ring something up for me that was locked up but reported to be on clearance. I was thinking it would come up at $15 like everyone else has been getting it, but I almost shit a brick when he told me $2.

He rang it up from the barcode on the box and there was no handwritten price tag on it, so I'm pretty much positive that this isn't one of the fabled "manager's specials." I don't know if this is an anomaly or if the next price drop came earlier than the standard first friday of the month. Good luck with the hunt.[/QUOTE]

wow. U got lucky since it wasnt markdown or had a price ticket which is why it probably didnt sell or there is no CAG in your area lol.
I wonder, can i do a return and then rebuy? I got it for $15 and didnt want to wait since my sears are pretty good at updating prices and the employee is a gamer too.

If anyone was waiting on another price drop for the PS Move MM/SC bundle [/QUOTE]

Noob question. What does MM/SC stand for?

He rang it up from the barcode on the box and there was no handwritten price tag on it, so I'm pretty much positive that this isn't one of the fabled "manager's specials." I don't know if this is an anomaly or if the next price drop came earlier than the standard first friday of the month. Good luck with the hunt.[/QUOTE]
Checked mine, $14.99

So I found a Sears by me that still has the Black 3ds, Flame red 3ds, and Flame Red Mario 3D land bundle in stock. Anyone happen to know of more recent price drops on these? :p

(Last I saw was $5x.xx)

[quote name='StryderOmega']So I found a Sears by me that still has the Black 3ds, Flame red 3ds, and Flame Red Mario 3D land bundle in stock. Anyone happen to know of more recent price drops on these? :p

(Last I saw was $5x.xx)[/QUOTE]

The black old packaging was $149 near me. Assuming the red one is the old packaging as well, it should be $59 or lower. No idea on the mario bundle. Is it in the small box?

[quote name='domon']The black old packaging was $149 near me. Assuming the red one is the old packaging as well, it should be $59 or lower. No idea on the mario bundle. Is it in the small box?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the only way it came.

Thought the 3d land bundle was floating around the same price as the Flame Red 3ds, or was that a rare occurrence of ymmv?

[quote name='StryderOmega']Yeah that's the only way it came.

Thought the 3d land bundle was floating around the same price as the Flame Red 3ds, or was that a rare occurrence of ymmv?[/QUOTE]

If that was the flame red 3ds in the bigger box by itself then I recommend you pick it up soon. $60 is a ridiculous price. And if you decide that you don't want it, you can always sell it to me ;).

Not to mention the bigger box has the cradle which the smaller box does not have from what I understand, you can pick up the cradle from GS for a couple bucks but still.. may as well get one that has it in the package.

Not to mention I am guessing the larger box package may rise in value since its an older packaging??

I would definitely pick that up if you are lucky enough to have a Sears around you that still has one.

[quote name='SaraAB']Not to mention the bigger box has the cradle which the smaller box does not have from what I understand, you can pick up the cradle from GS for a couple bucks but still.. may as well get one that has it in the package.

Not to mention I am guessing the larger box package may rise in value since its an older packaging??

I would definitely pick that up if you are lucky enough to have a Sears around you that still has one.[/QUOTE]

I had a small box one I think and it included the cradle.

[quote name='domon']If that was the flame red 3ds in the bigger box by itself then I recommend you pick it up soon. $60 is a ridiculous price. And if you decide that you don't want it, you can always sell it to me ;).[/QUOTE]

Well I already got one on clearance, but I am waiting for a cheaper drop if it happens then I may pick another up.

[quote name='Blaster man']Yep, I've all but given up on them.[/QUOTE]

Nothing at my sears, but a sont heatset for $9.99. Guess its ymmv since one cag here said $2.

Randomly stopped by a Sears today and saw a pink DSi for $60. I was pretty psyched

then it rang up for $45 :cool:

also picked up a spare vita charger for $3.

Heads up...took my wife to buy an Exercise Bike and my friend scored a Cosmo Black 3DS for $99.99. This was the bigger, first edition box version that has been on clearance previously. Not as bananas of a price as the Flame Red 3DS ($59.99), but my friend did not want to miss an opportunity to score a 3DS on the cheap....

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Heads up...took my wife to buy an Exercise Bike and my friend scored a Cosmo Black 3DS for $99.99. This was the bigger, first edition box version that has been on clearance previously. Not as bananas of a price as the Flame Red 3DS ($59.99), but my friend did not want to miss an opportunity to score a 3DS on the cheap....[/QUOTE]

So the black dropped in price? I wonder if the Flame Red did again... I know of a Sears that has one in stock.

Edit: As well as the Cosmo Black, but that is still too pricy for me.

So I checked my Sears out for the first time in at least 6 months... Barren wasteland. One glass case with a few titles from each console. Seemingly no consoles or handhelds. Clearance held a lone copy of Guitar Hero for the PS2. My heart...it aches.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Heads up...took my wife to buy an Exercise Bike and my friend scored a Cosmo Black 3DS for $99.99. This was the bigger, first edition box version that has been on clearance previously. Not as bananas of a price as the Flame Red 3DS ($59.99), but my friend did not want to miss an opportunity to score a 3DS on the cheap....[/QUOTE]

Yikes didnt the first run of 3ds's have a defect that caused screen damage? Isn't that why amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware?

Their is no difference in the design of the 3DS between what is in the large or slim packaging. The large packaging is the first print and it comes with a charging dock while the slim packaging is sans dock however the design of the actual console is... well exactly the same.

bread's done
Back