Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Blaster man']Yikes didnt the first run of 3ds's have a defect that caused screen damage? Isn't that why amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember hearing the same thing (something about how the hinges closed and damaged the screen). Apparently that was fixed when they released the later colors. Don't know for sure since I have the 3ds xl.

So was the Flame Red an all-store clearance deal? And was it a specific version of the red? Also is the Cosmo Black the same deal or is all this stuff YMMV? Aren't the games always store-wide, it's just that when the are actually marked down is YMMV or...?

[quote name='GBAstar']Their is no difference in the design of the 3DS between what is in the large or slim packaging. The large packaging is the first print and it comes with a charging dock while the slim packaging is sans dock however the design of the actual console is... well exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There were plenty of complaints about it and it's been fixed since then.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430287
http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/31008
http://3dsforums.com/nintendo-3ds-3/dissapointing-screen-damage-9788/

Of note, the Gaf thread is talking about (and has a picture of) the Cosmo Black version, that's the same one this guy picked up.

My understanding is that Amazon stopped carrying Nintendo hardware because they wouldn't take back the defective units and forced Amazon to eat the return cost. No 3 year RROD style warranty on this defect...

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']New drops today. Deadmund's Quest Move Bundle down to $9.97, picked up the last two in Irving.[/QUOTE]

Must not be system wide or at least not yet? Just checked a Sears (in WI), still at $15. There is another Sears, but haven't gone to that one.

Got a Vita Cradle for $2.97 MSRP is at $19.99. Probably would have dropped even more this Friday, but it wouldn't even be worth the gas to save $1!

[quote name='Blaster man']I wouldn't be so sure about that. There were plenty of complaints about it and it's been fixed since then.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430287
http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/31008
http://3dsforums.com/nintendo-3ds-3/dissapointing-screen-damage-9788/

Of note, the Gaf thread is talking about (and has a picture of) the Cosmo Black version, that's the same one this guy picked up.

My understanding is that Amazon stopped carrying Nintendo hardware because they wouldn't take back the defective units and forced Amazon to eat the return cost. No 3 year RROD style warranty on this defect...[/QUOTE]

The 3DS only has two designs; Original and XL.

They don't have an Original A and an Original B.

At some point they decided to stop making the Aqua Blue and Flame Red and go to a slim packaging for the remaining colors (Black, Pink, Purple) and do away with the cradle.

The consoles in the slim packaging are the same as the ones in the original fat packaging. They didn't alter the top screen or bottom screen at any point.

I skimmed your links but I'm not sure why you included them in the first place. I thought the scratching was common knowledge so I don't need to read through threads from 2011 that highlight that fact.

Randomly went to sears and found the wii white classic controller pro for $4.97. Employee scanned the black one as well but it rang up for $19.99.

[quote name='Killa0793']Randomly went to sears and found the wii white classic controller pro for $4.97. Employee scanned the black one as well but it rang up for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Saw a black 3ds (big box marked $99.XX) but only the black big box was marked down not the other big boxes (wtf?) already have a 3ds so I passed

[quote name='Killa0793']Randomly went to sears and found the wii white classic controller pro for $4.97. Employee scanned the black one as well but it rang up for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I picked up two of those plus two white nunchuks all at that price about a month ago at my local Sears.

I did pick up a Nintendo dsi xl case for $4.97 about a week ago. My 3ds xl fits in it perfectly.

Anyone know why the big black 3ds bundle is ringing at 169.99 at one store and 99.97 across town? I have had 3 different employees scan it and ring it but still 169.99 (I didnt trust the one main electronics guy:)).

No sticker over the upc or anything. Do they need to enable clearance prices or something?

I really don't know about that one. I asked an employee to scan a large box and a small box 3DS and he kept insisting that it was full price. He scanned them and they were full price. He showed me and he even said it after he showed me again just to try to make me angry.

What a jerk. Must have been his greatest accomplishment in life.

Because as a former employee Sears' inventory system sucks. When selling something if the customer didn't physically have it in their hand I would have to go check and make sure the store had it. There was once a TV that the computer said we had 32 of and we didn't have a single one. And if the system says they have 0 Big box Black 3DS even though they have one then it will never be marked down.

This reminds me to check on the big box 3DS' I found that I have been contemplating on.

I wonder (if they are still there) if the red one got another price drop.

Picked up a turquoise 3DS case for .97. There were a few other odds and ins of clearance accessories, including PS3 blue tooth headsets for $9.xx. No games on clearance at all.

[quote name='TuHawj']Must not be system wide or at least not yet? Just checked a Sears (in WI), still at $15. There is another Sears, but haven't gone to that one.[/QUOTE]

Move bundle is out of the system now so good luck getting it for $10-15. Found one today, wouldnt scan and both employee and manager were inept at figuring out the price. I knew I shouldve checked before last Friday. Oh well I didn't really need or want it but for $10 I wasnt gonna pass it up.

Picked up Elder Scrolls V Skyrim PS3 9.97. X360 version was 24.97. Long beach, ca location still have 3 copies left tagged in the case.

Wow. I saw the Xbox 360 ones like a month ago. The PS3 ones weren't that low. I might go, but it might not be worth the trip.

How long ago was this?

A few months ago I managed to score the black CC for like 8.98 because they put the wrong sticker on it. They had one of those huge tags with the price on it but this required manual override, but since the sticker was on the package there was no question about it.

The white is probably better as it won't show fingerprints, oh well.

I think there is a GOTY of sorts coming out for Skyrim, might wanna wait.

I was able to grab a copy of :ps3: Skyrim for $9.97. First store I went to had the tag for $9.97 but no copies. The second store wasn't tagged and had four copies. It did ring up for $9.97.

Skyrim for PS3 was $9.97 in the Shoreline, WA Sears location (Aurora). The 360 version was $29.97. The guy working there said that the PS3 version was on clearance because they were trying to get rid of them.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does Sears clearance no longer show up in Google shopping?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I haven't had any luck using it the last few months.

[quote name='Foxfitness92182'] The guy working there said that the PS3 version was on clearance because they were trying to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this always the reason for clearancing an item? Glad to hear you found one. I'll be out on the search for one this week some time.

I was waiting for the Legendary ed of Skyrim, and I didn't even see this thread, but yes, I snagged the last copy of Skyrim for $9.97 in my city. Everything else was fullprice. Called in an employee to double check something...before i could even tell what game, he knew it was Skyrim lol and he was shocked too when he first saw it.

[quote name='SaraAB']
I think there is a GOTY of sorts coming out for Skyrim, might wanna wait.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this is where its not a good idea to wait. That GOTY ur talking about is Skyrim Legendary edition, and it's retailing at full price on release day.

Ive got sum credit to burn, and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper to buy the individual DLCs.

Dunno where you'll get a brand new skyrim for the ps3 for $9.97

I was in the vicinity of the Sears at South Park Mall in San Antonio and decided to have a look. They had *three* PS3 Skyrim in stock at the 9.97 price. Well, now there are *two* (no, I never buy multiple copies. I'm an amateur CAG, haha, buying games to play them and not to hoard or flip them)... I was hoping to come across the Move bundle, but that's long gone by now, I think. I pulled the trigger on it last summer at a different Sears for $30, and I don't regret it, since there were only 2 in stock when I did, and there's no telling if i would've beat the hoarding hordes of El Dohordo to the $10 and $2 price cuts.

I'm still gonna wait for the Skyrim GotY for Xbox 360, because I can wait until the price on that goes down to something reasonable (Black Friday, I hope), because I'm not going to bother with the DLC for the PS3 edition (which I've heard was plagued by bugs, but even if patched I'm going to play the game in full on 360 instead) and because Sears didn't have a similar clearance for the 360 vanilla edition (presumably because it wasn't plagued by bugs and thus sold better than the PS3 version).

It's always kind of sad going to Sears (or Kmart for that matter), I'm guessing they're struggling just to stay in business period, much less compete in the video game retail market. But if there's a game I'm interested in and I can find it in Sears clearance, so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zerobscure']Yea, this is where its not a good idea to wait. That GOTY ur talking about is Skyrim Legendary edition, and it's retailing at full price on release day.

Ive got sum credit to burn, and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper to buy the individual DLCs.

Dunno where you'll get a brand new skyrim for the ps3 for $9.97[/QUOTE]

For those of us who want all the dlc on disc, we'll just wait until the GOTY drops in price.

[quote name='bruceg']For those of us who want all the dlc on disc, we'll just wait until the GOTY drops in price.[/QUOTE]

Yea. Goodluck waiting til next year for a remarkable drop :cool:
Gandalf told me i shall not pass on this deal. You wait while i move on to better things.

It's not really "Clearance" but among the box of clearanced PS2 games at my local Sears, a first run print of Persona 3 was beat to hell and cable wrapped (with the cables digging into the slip cover) still at full price. I got it home and after removing the plastic and slip cover, everything inside was undamaged saved for a slight indentation on the hardcover art book. A pretty neat find considering the age of the game.

[quote name='zerobscure']Yea. Goodluck waiting til next year for a remarkable drop :cool:
Gandalf told me i shall not pass on this deal. You wait while i move on to better things.[/QUOTE]

All the other previous GOTY iterations of the series dropped significantly, so no reason this won't either. They're also transitioning to next gen consoles, so doubt it will be that long of a wait as you say.

Just went to Sears to get my oil change and an inspection, so I browsed the electronics and saw these on clearance:

Mass Effect 3 :ps3: 14.97
Skyrim :ps3: 9.97
Big box Cosmo Black 3DS: 75.97
Big Box Aqua Blue 3DS: 157.97

Looks like all the big box 3DS systems are hitting clearance now.

[quote name='bappt']It's not really "Clearance" but among the box of clearanced PS2 games at my local Sears, a first run print of Persona 3 was beat to hell and cable wrapped (with the cables digging into the slip cover) still at full price. I got it home and after removing the plastic and slip cover, everything inside was undamaged saved for a slight indentation on the hardcover art book. A pretty neat find considering the age of the game.[/QUOTE]

That is a random find.

Picked up:

Big box Cosmo Black 3DS: 75.97

The price tag didn't reflect any clearance prices. I had to ask to get a price check. The price is just too good to pass up. Now I need to get rid of an extra 3DS XL that I have...

[quote name='billbemus']For anyone looking for the 10.00 Skyrim, there are 3 left at Carolina Place mall in NC. Thanks for heads up on this.[/QUOTE]

If thry are still there i would pay the $10 plus shipping if u be willing. To ship it

Dropped in today and saw quite a bit of marked down items

Assassin's Creed 3 - $24.99 PS3, 360
1 Year Playstation Plus - $38.xx
Couple of Turtle Beach headsets for 360 for $20 off each (Can't remember which ones but they were marked down to $39.99 and $59.99)
Playstation Move Controllers were down about $20 each as well.

And there were a couple other markdowns like Skylanders starter pack $29.99 for all systems and a 360 down to $270 as well.

Sad day. Found and price checked a Cosmo Black 3DS, Pink 3DS, and Red DSiXL at the Cookeville, TN Sears today. All rang up at full price, trying with both the stickers AND the bar code. No PS3 Skyrims were available, either.

There's one PS3 Skyrim left at the Sears in Santa Maria, CA as of half an hour ago. I already own and played the hell out of it, but it's there if anyone in the area is reading and is interested.

Sad day. Found and price checked a Cosmo Black 3DS, Pink 3DS, and Red DSiXL at the Cookeville, TN Sears today. All rang up at full price, trying with both the stickers AND the bar code. No PS3 Skyrims were available, either.
We're the 3DS in the big box or small box? Big boxes are the ones on clearance. I dunno about the pink tho.

We're the 3DS in the big box or small box? Big boxes are the ones on clearance. I dunno about the pink tho.
Both 3DS's were in small boxes. That would explain why at least the Cosmo Black wasn't ringing up for the clearance price.

Now, I wonder if they'd let me print off a UPC for the other and let me ring it up with that instead... :p (I can dream.)

Online prices are ridiculous. Modern Warfare PH for $69 when its $19 at Wal-Mart. Same for Forza Horizon which is $119 there and $29 everywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online prices are ridiculous. Modern Warfare PH for $69 when its $19 at Wal-Mart. Same for Forza Horizon which is $119 there and $29 everywhere else.

That's because Sears.com allows 3rd party sellers/vendors to list on their site. Most items with oddball prices aren't actually sold or fulfilled by Sears

bread's done
Back