Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Just picked up the last copies Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Muramasa: The Demon Blade for 19.97 each. I was surprised they still had them, but this Sears is pretty dead and in a small town...which definitely helped.

Dang... My found two Lips bundles at an out of town sears that still scanned 49.99... Oh well, still scores H Shots OOB and Fallout 3... The games I really wanted

Ok so which Lips bundle is the one on clearance?

I am asking because I bought Lips: Number One Hits Bundle for $4.97 which required an override but I honestly didn't know there was any other bundles until I just checked Amazon.

[quote name='Prepster']Ok so which Lips bundle is the one on clearance?

I am asking because I bought Lips: Number One Hits Bundle for $4.97 which required an override but I honestly didn't know there was any other bundles until I just checked Amazon.[/QUOTE]

The original lips bundle comes with 2 mics. Number one hits is the new lips game.

[quote name='Frozone']My 1st *minor* comment...but anyone in the palm beach area (Florida) the Boynton mall Sears has a few copies of FO: GOTY for 20, Singstar Vol. 2 for 14.97, HSG: OOB for 4.97, I didn't check for other titles as I was goin off of memory...[/QUOTE]
Picked up FO3GOTY and Singstar, thanks a ton. Got something to do while my buddies are at Megacon.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The original lips bundle comes with 2 mics. Number one hits is the new lips game.[/QUOTE]

Wow alright thanks , I can't complain with getting a new game with a wireless mic for $5 then.

[quote name='confoosious']So has the OP abandoned this thread?[/QUOTE]
yeah he was sent jail for not updating it. poor dude.

The Lawnside, NJ Sears Essentials has 1-2 copies each of the following (not for long, I'm guessing):

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii): $19.97
Wario Land: Shake It (Wii): $19.97
A Boy and His Blob (Wii): $19.97
Dead Space: Extraction (Wii): $14.97
Spyborgs (Wii): $6.97
Wet (Xbox 360 & PS3): $19.97
Dirt 2 (Xbox 360 & PS3): $19.97
Bakugan (Xbox 360 & PS3): $19.97
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3): $19.97
Brutal Legend (PS3): $19.97
Fallout 3 GOTY Ed. (PS3): $19.97
Wolfenstein (PS3): $19.97
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3): $19.97
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (PS3): $2.97
Fight Night Round 3 (PS3, GH): $1.97
Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360): $19.97
Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360, PH): $9.97
Viva Pinata (Xbox 360, PH): $9.97
Final Fantasy IV (DS): $14.97

The store also has Soundstage Blu-rays (Seal, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks) for $4.97 each.

Lucked out, went to a sears about an hour away. Got the last copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, and the second to last copy of Muramasa. They didn't have Hot Shots though :(

They also had some Socom Confrontation bundles with the ps3 mic, I was hoping those were clearenced also like they are at Walmart, they were still full price :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is for you, exactly. (its probably been a bit longer then two weeks but I think the same reason stands)

[quote name='phear3d']hey guys.. i know some of you are asking why hasnt the op is updated. i usually update the op 2 to 3 weeks after the drops are reported. it gives everyone (cags) enough time to browse through the clearance without having to worry that there wont be any left. ive done it like this for the past 2 years and it works just fine. having the op updated right when the drop happens makes it too easy thus not having any left about a week later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phear3d']yeah he was sent jail for not updating it. poor dude.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on waiting...no reason to cut and paste to SD just yet...
and many members agree with you on waiting ...

and
DS FF IV $14.97
Wii Bee Movie $9.97

To everyone beating off about getting FO3:GOTY for $19, does it constantly freeze all the time like people all over the internet are saying? I have the original for 360, and want to get GOTY, but if it freezes all the time like everyone is telling me, I'm not gunna bite....well, probably will anyways...but still...does it?

[quote name='msriflegirl']I am hoping to find NGS2 at a Sears somewhere between NC and DC this weekend...I can't find a copy anywhere around Raleigh...[/QUOTE]

Make sure you check the shelf and the bin. NGS2 was in the bin for me but Muramasa was still on the shelf with 49.99 price on it.

[quote name='msriflegirl']I am hoping to find NGS2 at a Sears somewhere between NC and DC this weekend...I can't find a copy anywhere around Raleigh...[/QUOTE]

dammit lol I'm in the opposite boat finally found Hot Shots, Muramasa x2 and NGS2 x2 today but Metroid and Fallout GOTY ellude me...

wish I had more time today as one store had a bunch of older ps2 games...would've scanned all of them but time did not permit...

[quote name='donut']dammit lol I'm in the opposite boat finally found Hot Shots today and NGS2 but Metroid and Fallout GOTY ellude me...

wish I had more time today as one store had a bunch of older ps2 games...would've scanned all of them but time did not permit...[/QUOTE]

I can't find Metroid or Fallout GOTY either. The stores around me have tons of Dirt 2, Motostorm Pacific Rift, and Brutal Legend to name a few. The one closest to me doesn't mark any of their clearance games so I am hoping to hit the jackpot once some others start dropping. If it were not for CAG, I wouldn't know what to look for.

I almost got Party Classics today but I didn't want to get the "Display Copy" as stores should have more than 1 copy of a brand new game... I will probably just use Amazon and get it w/ 2 day shipping courtesy of my Prime trial. Just want to have it by next Wednesday (PARTY!) so... yeah.

I know this isn't a very CAG thing to say or do but I did find 2 copies of Lips (original) but they were still coming up $49.99 and I did pick one up. I haven't opened it yet and I am not sure I want to do so. I know it is hard to find new anywhere and I can still just check the other (fairly close) Sears store to see if they have it marked down. It will be within the return period in any case so I will know soon enough. Even if I keep it at the $50 price, it is still better than buying used a GS w/ no extra mics.

I did nab SingStar Vol. 2 for $14.97. I thought the PS3 SingStar games came with wireless mics though but the pic on the box shows otherwise.

[quote name='GeoHolyhart']Picked up FO3GOTY and Singstar, thanks a ton. Got something to do while my buddies are at Megacon.[/QUOTE]

No prob, glad to help. I have a friend that also frequents conventions such as megacon...

to be honest, i havent been to sears for nearly 2 months now. today i went and i was very disappointed.

- monster hunter freedom 2 is STILL full price. wtf.
- oblivion goty is still msrp. someone reported it awhile back that it was on clearance. might have been a mistake but who cares, i checked it.

i didnt pick up muramasa though but i saw 2 of them buried somewhere deep. the animal crossing wii games are gone completely. not surprising. i would have guessed that the employees might have taken them if they were $2.97-$4.97.

another thing i didnt see was metroid prime trilogy. again i was not surprised because people might have picked them up 2 or 3 weeks back. i was able to PM one of these to BBY's $19.99 price sometime ago.. so i got it for $17.99 with the 10% difference.

if someone's going to sears tomorrow or in a few days, please check those 3 pack ps2 bundles, the one thats $9.99. see if that went down.

[quote name='confoosious']If that's the reason, that's fine. I was just asking a question. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]
read back a few pages.. you might learn a thing or two.

digging for deals is somewhat of a dying trend here on cag. just because we have a gigantic list of clearance, it doesn't always mean it should be updated right when the drops happen.

i cant remember when it was, but when we have a giant list from our informant Ferrant and i updated the list before the dropped even happened, the games were basically gone within a few days. it was way too easy for everyone to just get everything and the next guy didnt even get a chance.. i dont care if people hoard or hates hoarding.. just work your ass off every now and then.

and please, no talk about hoarding, or not hoarding. we've had enough of that shit on other threads.

[quote name='deadtrees']The Lawnside, NJ Sears Essentials has 1-2 copies each of the following (not for long, I'm guessing): . . .
The store also has Soundstage Blu-rays (Seal, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks) for $4.97 each.[/QUOTE]I mentioned these awhile ago and you're the only other person to have noted these as well. They were still marked 9.97 the other day, but I think I'm going to return my Dead Space Extraction and while I'm there I'll see if they dropped here too. $5 is a buying price for a Tom Petty BR. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've been reading the last few pages and I've gotten all the latest drops. I just noticed that the OP wasn't updated and didn't know if you had abandoned the thread. I didn't even know who the OP was.

[quote name='confoosious']I've been reading the last few pages and I've gotten all the latest drops. I just noticed that the OP wasn't updated and didn't know if you had abandoned the thread. I didn't even know who the OP was. Don't get your panties in a bunch, sheesh.[/QUOTE]

That time of the month? LOL, go bother that dude who runs the TRU thread...he's worthless.

[quote name='lude21']That time of the month? LOL, go bother that dude who runs the TRU thread...he's worthless.[/QUOTE]

Whatever dude. You wanna lick phear'd backside, that's fine.

But if you look at my original post, it was a very simple question, asked without malice. Phear is the one that overreacted.

It's pretty obvious to me why the OP hasn't been updated, I would prefer keeping it just the way it is and make people filter through the thread to find deals. That way lurkers/sd soccer moms have less a chance to find the deals.

On the topic of lurkers, to which ever jackass bought all 5 remaining copies of Spiderman Web of Shadows and both copies of Metroid, I'll see you in hell :evil::hot::evil:

yeah, alot of those SD guys just wants to get everything they could get their hands on. its so pathetic. they're happy with their $3-$5 profit for flipping the games on ebay.

if you guys cant find the games at sears or target when it goes on clearance, try checking ebay chances are the value of the games on clearance had gone down. i was able to buy black label copies of god of war chains of olympus sealed for $7 on ebay when target had them on clearance for $2.48 + psp coupon for b1g1 $10 off :bouncy:

enjoy the deals and report them as you see them. welcome to my thread.

[quote name='EndlessChris']Scored the last copy of Metroid for myself! Thanks guys! Considering going back for Muramasa and Dead Space Extraction but I dunno...[/QUOTE]

Muramasa is awesome. I paid close to full price for it back when it came out (granted, mostly with a gift card and a Reward Zone certificate), and thought it was well worth it. It's one of the few games that's actually made me use my Wii.

hey anyone have metroid trilogy .. i bought 2 the other day and gave one to my cousin and the other to a friend ... today i went to a sears inside the mall they dont have crap .. did find muramasa for 19.97 animal crossing x 10 copies but 49.99 each was hoping someone can sell me one of the MPT new sealed ..

is there anyway in sears you can scan yourself, because i asked an employee to do it and he says its whatever the sticker says and if not its 29.99.

[quote name='hqn101']is there anyway in sears you can scan yourself, because i asked an employee to do it and he says its whatever the sticker says and if not its 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Buck up and make them do their job. They can't deny you a price check. If they do, ask to speak with their manager because they're just being a prick at that point.

[quote name='hqn101']is there anyway in sears you can scan yourself, because i asked an employee to do it and he says its whatever the sticker says and if not its 29.99.[/QUOTE]

You can look up the UPC numbers for each game you're wanting a price check on on Half.com or Amazon.com, then input them into UPCdatabase.com and make up a UPC sheet like others do.

In that way, you don't even have to deal with the lazy employees and can just know what price the items will ring up as before asking to buy them.

Of course, this may backfire if one or more of those games are the holiday special buy ones, which usually have a different UPC placed over the original UPC to make them ring up the price marked.

Or as said prior, if an employee gives you crap about price checking something, ask for a manager. That should get them to cooperate pretty quickly.

Just got back from Sears and scored myself the following games for 19.99 each.

:ps3: Dirt 2
:ps3: Fallout 3:GOTY Edition
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
:ps3: Wet

It was nice to find games that have been posted. Woo!

[quote name='kvntwvlf']To everyone beating off about getting FO3:GOTY for $19, does it constantly freeze all the time like people all over the internet are saying? I have the original for 360, and want to get GOTY, but if it freezes all the time like everyone is telling me, I'm not gunna bite....well, probably will anyways...but still...does it?[/QUOTE]

It isn't the GOTY edition that freezes up, it's the DLC stuff itself.

If you buy the original, and then install the DLC, it's exactly the same as the GOTY edition and locks up equally as much.

Went to my local Sears and found almost all of the games that have been clearanced.

This store is going out of business and the liquidators raised everything back up to MSRP and had 25% off.

This was my favorite store and I was able to find tons of clearance over the last two years.

[quote name='gaggil']Went to my local Sears and found almost all of the games that have been clearanced.

This store is going out of business and the liquidators raised everything back up to MSRP and had 25% off.

This was my favorite store and I was able to find tons of clearance over the last two years.[/QUOTE]

You don't mean the one in Whitehall, do you? :cry: That was one of my only reasons for occasionally making a trek down to the Lehigh Valley.

Although I was short on time the last time I was down there, I found a printer for $1.97, but it was the display model with no wires or anything.:roll:

The Sears I visited yesterday has a customer-operable price scanner just outside the electronics department. It'll scan games even if they're in an antitheft case.

I somehow walked out of my local sears paying only $42.50 for 4 games:

Dead Space Extraction
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Muramasa Demon Blade
Prince of Persia (ps3)

best game deal of the year for me.

im giving away xbox live 1 month codes to monthly contributors of the sears thread. ive always wanted to give something away to these people since they contribute to this thread monthly.

i'll also give some away to those who reported alot of new finds. this is not a competition.. just a nice small gesture of saying thanks. youll get a pm from me within a few days (whoever you are)!

i got the codes from the epic 1 month live trial glitch.

[quote name='deadtrees']The Sears I visited yesterday has a customer-operable price scanner just outside the electronics department. It'll scan games even if they're in an antitheft case.[/QUOTE]

The one I was at had their games in the aisle in these cases, but you couldn't remove them without an employ taking them off the rack.

[quote name='phear3d']im giving away xbox live 1 month codes to monthly contributors of the sears thread. ive always wanted to give something away to these people since they contribute to this thread monthly.

i'll also give some away to those who reported alot of new finds. this is not a competition.. just a nice small gesture of saying thanks. youll get a pm from me within a few days (whoever you are)!

i got the codes from the epic 1 month live trial glitch.[/QUOTE]

Very cool idea, phear3d. A nice gesture.

[quote name='phear3d']im giving away xbox live 1 month codes to monthly contributors of the sears thread. Ive always wanted to give something away to these people since they contribute to this thread monthly.

I'll also give some away to those who reported alot of new finds. This is not a competition.. Just a nice small gesture of saying thanks. Youll get a pm from me within a few days (whoever you are)!

I got the codes from the epic 1 month live trial glitch.[/quote]

epic !

[quote name='phear3d']im giving away xbox live 1 month codes to monthly contributors of the sears thread. ive always wanted to give something away to these people since they contribute to this thread monthly.

i got the codes from the epic 1 month live trial glitch.[/QUOTE]

I managed to get 17 codes :) glad i was online when it popped up

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I managed to get 17 codes :) glad i was online when it popped up[/QUOTE]

Me too! Alot of guys will be bummed when they log on tonight and read about it.

[quote name='Toss']Me too! Alot of guys will be bummed when they log on tonight and read about it.[/QUOTE]
yup, they snoozed, THEY LOOSE!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You don't mean the one in Whitehall, do you? :cry: That was one of my only reasons for occasionally making a trek down to the Lehigh Valley.

Although I was short on time the last time I was down there, I found a printer for $1.97, but it was the display model with no wires or anything.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I am referring to a Sears in New Jersey.

I work at Rutgers University and the Sears is close by.

The one in Whitehall has also treated me well in the past, but recently I have not found any great deals.

Long time since ive been on this thread. Anyways I still work in sears and I found a new clearance game for ya.

Marvel vs Dc universe for $2.97.

[quote name='(psp)snake']Long time since ive been on this thread. Anyways I still work in sears and I found a new clearance game for ya.

Marvel vs Dc universe for $2.97.[/QUOTE]
That would be a excellent find if it was real!

bread's done
Back