Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='deadtrees']The Sears I visited yesterday has a customer-operable price scanner just outside the electronics department. It'll scan games even if they're in an antitheft case.[/QUOTE]

if this is the case at some sears I will print out a upc sheet to check. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='phear3d']someone reported it already so its confirmed[/QUOTE]

Lies!!! If there were a Marvel vs DC nerds everywhere would be happy
Mortal Kombat vs DC is 2.97 :cool:

While I'm happy to see some great deals on PS3 games (since that's what I own), I wonder why there's barely any good drops on 360/Wii titles....better sellers/more in demand? Opinions?

And who in their right mind would buy games at Sears for full price anyway?

EDIT: Does the scanner in-store only show if the game is available at that location? I.E. if it doesn't scan, they don't have it?

this might be the last copies of MC vs DC Universe you'll ever see. the copies you see now are probably the last copies floating around since midway vaporized last year. its a future rarity..

i sent out the first batch of codes to those i recognized. thanks again, you guys deserved it better than i do. dont worry about me, i have xbox live until 2014 :whee:

if you dont have an xbox 360, just save the code for now. or trade it. or sell it. do whatever you want with it its yours. shove it up slickdeals ass if you want, probably be better use aint it?

someone on sd posted the new deals.. please do me a favor if you have an sd account: link to this thread and say REPOST

I'm pretty sure if anyone saw it they would buy it for themselves and/or it would be the lone copy, but I'd appreciate it if someone would be willing to pick up a copy of MK vs DC for me. I'd definitely pay you back for not only the game + tax but a decent amount for effort and shipping as well.

The SEARS by me have only ever had really old games "clearanced" at $20.

The only deal I've ever found there was about a year ago with Quake Wars: ET for around $5, and I ended up taking it back after I remembered how terrible that game was.

went to check out sears today, it was nice to see the games dropped from 29.99 to 19.99, hopefully they'll hit the 9.99 mark soon :D. also i went in to buy singstart volume.2 for $15 dollars since i didnt want to go home empty handed and when the lady rang it up it showed the $2 DOLLARS AND CHANGE CLEARANCE PRICE!!!!! the lady thought it was an error and called the manager she gaved the ok and i had singstar for 2 bucks and chnage :). excelent find indeed

I did find a copy of MK vs DC for Ps3 yesterday and it came up 29.99.
Got NBA inside 09 ps and ps3, madden 09 psp, tony hawk proving ps3 - all 2.97ea.
NGS2 19.97
This store had the 2.97 singstar bundles that others priced at 14.97, so maybe it has unusual pricing.

On a funny note...my wife came with me and was chasing my little girl into the clothing dept. She saw a jacket and said "I'd actally wear that". She put it on , it fit, and she liked it. She has never bought clothes there. It was martked 80 bucks so she put it back. I told her to scan it because, well, you never know what things cost there. Scanned 50% off...it was like my first CAG score there. Hope I haven't unleashed a monster..lol

[quote name='medetron']lady rang it up it showed the $2 DOLLARS AND CHANGE CLEARANCE PRICE!!!!! the lady thought it was an error and called the manager she gaved the ok [/QUOTE]
lol it still amazes me everytime they try to redo the scan. its not going to change its price a second time lady! then they call a manager and say "this game is showing up as $1, we have games for a dolla?" lolwut?

story time!

found a sears about a year ago and a half with 1 game thats priced .97 cents. anyways, not a big deal, so i asked the guy "is there any more of this?" he scoots down and brings out 2 boxes full of gba games and ps2 and xbox and gamecube games, all 97 cents each. i bought them all.

this concludes our story time for tonight.

[quote name='phear3d']lol it still amazes me everytime they try to redo the scan. its not going to change its price a second time lady! then they call a manager and say "this game is showing up as $1, we have games for a dolla?" lolwut?[/QUOTE]

To top it off she seemed to try and change the price back to $14.99 lol what the hell! but anyways it was still a better experince then what i got from a target employee in the morning, sorry for my tearm but, fucking ghetto target employee was to lazy to check a few games for me even when she had the scan device in her hand.... kept insisting it was the price showne yet every game she scanned showed up 10 dollars less. great customer serivce target....

[quote name='phear3d']this might be the last copies of MC vs DC Universe you'll ever see. the copies you see now are probably the last copies floating around since midway vaporized last year. its a future rarity..

i sent out the first batch of codes to those i recognized. thanks again, you guys deserved it better than i do. dont worry about me, i have xbox live until 2014 :whee:

if you dont have an xbox 360, just save the code for now. or trade it. or sell it. do whatever you want with it its yours. shove it up slickdeals ass if you want, probably be better use aint it?

someone on sd posted the new deals.. please do me a favor if you have an sd account: link to this thread and say REPOST[/QUOTE]

I already gave the SD thread a thumbs down, but I guess some there found it useful since it's gone up from a -9 or -10 to a -7.:cry:

I'm sure it's probably made it's way to FW too already.:roll: I'm registered there too, so if I see it there I'll give it a negative.:lol:

[quote name='phear3d']someone on sd posted the new deals.. please do me a favor if you have an sd account: link to this thread and say REPOST[/QUOTE]

Ugh, no, please. While I can understand that you want credit for your work and the site's not exactly a secret anyway, do you really want to direct the SD people back here if they don't know about it already?

[quote name='arcane93']Ugh, no, please. While I can understand that you want credit for your work and the site's not exactly a secret anyway, do you really want to direct the SD people back here if they don't know about it already?[/QUOTE]

I don't need the credit, credit goes to those who report the clearance. The games that usually gets posted are usually upto date.. So there's really no gain from other than the fact that there is a thread already started with the same exact deals making the thread redudant an unecessary. That's what report reminders are for.

[quote name='arcane93']Ugh, no, please. While I can understand that you want credit for your work and the site's not exactly a secret anyway, do you really want to direct the SD people back here if they don't know about it already?[/QUOTE]

I don't mind giving it a thumbs down, but will not link any more new lurking, noncontributors to this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a Lips 2 Mic bundle but it rang up MSRP. Was this taken off the clearance list? I only ask since all the other games from this month's clearance rang up at the right price if my store had them. I only picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Out of 8 Sears, I found a single one with Animal Crossing scanning in at clearance, only for them to have no copies in stock :/

Well, I did find a Lips bundle, a DDR3 Universe Bundle, a $3 Singstar vol 2., and some other stuff to trade into gamestop to put towards a copy of Monster Hunter.

I saw a price tag for Price of Persia 2008 at $4.99 the other day but I couldn't find the game at all. Maybe someone else will.

Found a Mad world 19.97 at one returned to another to rebuy at 9.97. NGS2 for 19.97 and Fallout 2 GOTY for PS3 for 19.97.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You don't mean the one in Whitehall, do you? :cry: That was one of my only reasons for occasionally making a trek down to the Lehigh Valley.

Although I was short on time the last time I was down there, I found a printer for $1.97, but it was the display model with no wires or anything.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Whitehall Sears is closing?! :whistle2:( That is the one I was going to attempt to go to just to see if they had Lips on clearance so I could get a price adjustment. I guess that might still work but .... I dunno. Wow. That sucks.

Is that just some random clearance printer you found? I just panicked there. Then I read a bit more to see it was a NJ Sears nearer to Rutgers. Ahh relief. At least I hope it remains to be the case. I barely get up near the Whitehall Mall so if I can swing that tomorrow or Friday, I will post some more here.

Tagging a thread with 'repost" and a thumbsdown at SD basically kills it. There are no links back to this site, and people ignore threads with the red thumbs down of death. It's the only way to quash a deal.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Tagging a thread with 'repost" and a thumbsdown at SD basically kills it. There are no links back to this site, and people ignore threads with the red thumbs down of death. It's the only way to quash a deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was specifically saying "link to this thread", though, which would be a link back to this site.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']Whitehall Sears is closing?! :whistle2:( That is the one I was going to attempt to go to just to see if they had Lips on clearance so I could get a price adjustment. I guess that might still work but .... I dunno. Wow. That sucks.

Is that just some random clearance printer you found? I just panicked there. Then I read a bit more to see it was a NJ Sears nearer to Rutgers. Ahh relief. At least I hope it remains to be the case. I barely get up near the Whitehall Mall so if I can swing that tomorrow or Friday, I will post some more here.[/QUOTE]

It was at the Sears at the Whitehall Mall and it was over a year ago unfortunately. I think it was a printer that multiple people found, but as I said it came with NOTHING(not even the 'sample' ink packs)for $2. I ended up NOT buying it for $2, since it would've cost me $30+ or more to get the wires, ink and everything else to make it worthwhile.:roll:

I know clearance is almost always YMMV, but I usually only get clearance stuff at Target (Wal-Mart and Best Buy clearance is non-existant around here).

Are there any patterns that Sears clearance follows? I know the pricetags have months on them, and the clearance prices end in 0.97, but do the prices drop monthly, bi-monthly, or what?

Got Muramasa for 19.97 and Pikmin for 4.97 at the Sears in Milford, CT. They had one other copy of Muramasa behind the glass case.

So here's my total buys from this round of Sears Clearance:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - PS3 (x2)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
DiRT 2 - PS3
Wet - PS3
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - PS3

Total: $103 + Tax

no MPT and Castlevania OoE rang up full price again :bomb:

ncaa football 09 - $2.97
tiger woods 09 - $2.97
animal crossing ww - $4.97

i passed on madden 09 360 - $9.97

mediocre haul.

Not sure if this is already posted but my Sears had a few Excitebikes & wheel packages marked $14.97. I passed on it though. And the 09 sports titles & FNR3 PS3 rang up as normal. :(

Quick question for anyone who grabbed a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY for the PS3. Was your copy of the game Y fold shrinkwrapped or did it appear heat seal shrinkwrapped(with those seams along the edges)?

I just wanna know if once you opened it, if everything was ok inside there, since both copies I have grabbed appear to have been heat sealed. But I don't wanna open them up unless I intend on keeping a copy. As of now I'm only keeping them sealed to allow for return/rebuy cycles every month.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Quick question for anyone who grabbed a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY for the PS3. Was your copy of the game Y fold shrinkwrapped or did it appear heat seal shrinkwrapped(with those seams along the edges)?

I just wanna know if once you opened it, if everything was ok inside there, since both copies I have grabbed appear to have been heat sealed. But I don't wanna open them up unless I intend on keeping a copy. As of now I'm only keeping them sealed to allow for return/rebuy cycles every month.[/QUOTE]

Mine had the Y fold, I haven't seen any games at Sears that have been heat sealed.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Mine had the Y fold, I haven't seen any games at Sears that have been heat sealed.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a copy of Blue Dragon at Sears that was heat sealed.

OK then. That's got me a bit suspicious of both copies I have, since both were bought from the same Sears. Although I think Bioshock for the PS3 had the same kind of heat sealed shrinkwrap and it was ok.

I don't wanna return them, but I definitely don't wanna sit on them for months during the return/rebuy cycles and find out they're CD-R's after waiting months to crack at least one open.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Quick question for anyone who grabbed a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY for the PS3. Was your copy of the game Y fold shrinkwrapped or did it appear heat seal shrinkwrapped(with those seams along the edges)?[/QUOTE]

Mine was a Y fold as well.

Crap. So now it's looking like the games are 50/50, with half being heat sealed and half being Y fold. For those with the Y fold seal though, did yours come with a slipcover? I ask because it seems like the normal shrinkwrap from Y fold copies might be too thick to accomodate the slipcovers properly.

i saw nba 09 at my local sears for 2.97 and i was gonna get it for lulz but i found out they stopped online service for it

also mua2 is 20 bucks for ps3. should i jump on it, despite not being able to get dlc and having some glitchy trophies?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Crap. So now it's looking like the games are 50/50, with half being heat sealed and half being Y fold. For those with the Y fold seal though, did yours come with a slipcover? I ask because it seems like the normal shrinkwrap from Y fold copies might be too thick to accomodate the slipcovers properly.[/QUOTE]

Both of the copies I picked up, were Y fold and had the slip covers. Unless you are trying to resell them, why not open em up and see if you have Hannah Montana cds or Fallout :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Crap. So now it's looking like the games are 50/50, with half being heat sealed and half being Y fold. For those with the Y fold seal though, did yours come with a slipcover? I ask because it seems like the normal shrinkwrap from Y fold copies might be too thick to accomodate the slipcovers properly.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, mine is heat sealed with the slipcover. It also has a sticker on the bottom so you can't slide it out of the slipcover without cutting the sticker.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Both of the copies I picked up, were Y fold and had the slip covers. Unless you are trying to resell them, why not open em up and see if you have Hannah Montana cds or Fallout :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I DO have one on my TL right now, though my one friend locally wants one from me as well. But seeing as how I paid $20 apiece for them, I'm not going to open them up and make them unreturnable just to check.

If anything, I'll just return them right at the end of the 30 days and keep rebuying them until they're $5 or less. Then I really wouldn't give a shit about it. Actually, I'm lying there, since $5 is $5 and I'd probably argue till I got whatever I paid back for them.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I DO have one on my TL right now, though my one friend locally wants one from me as well. But seeing as how I paid $20 apiece for them, I'm not going to open them up and make them unreturnable just to check.

If anything, I'll just return them right at the end of the 30 days and keep rebuying them until they're $5 or less. Then I really wouldn't give a shit about it. Actually, I'm lying there, since $5 is $5 and I'd probably argue till I got whatever I paid back for them.:lol:[/QUOTE]

That certainly is cheap.

bread's done
Back