Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

How does the return/rebuy process work? I would imagine you return the games, then immediately rebuy. I'm just surprised the associates would do that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Quick question for anyone who grabbed a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY for the PS3. Was your copy of the game Y fold shrinkwrapped or did it appear heat seal shrinkwrapped(with those seams along the edges)?

I just wanna know if once you opened it, if everything was ok inside there, since both copies I have grabbed appear to have been heat sealed. But I don't wanna open them up unless I intend on keeping a copy. As of now I'm only keeping them sealed to allow for return/rebuy cycles every month.[/QUOTE]

Found two last night and both are heat sealed but also have a square 2" sticker seal attaching the game to the cardboard sleeve on the bottom. Also this store had these games locked up.

You'd have to find a cool employee to get them to do that, since others have said they had to return them at the end of the night one night and come back in the morning the next day to rebuy before.

Thanks for the confirmation on the heat sealed FO3 GOTY as well, donut. Both copies of FO3 GOTY that I picked up were locked up in the case before I bought them.

[quote name='KingofGames']How does the return/rebuy process work? I would imagine you return the games, then immediately rebuy. I'm just surprised the associates would do that.[/QUOTE]

Technically as part of the price guarantee policy they are supposed to do a manual refund of the difference, however this requires a manager override (aka a chance to be shot down).

If you pay by credit card (and maybe cash?) you can do a return w/o needing manager approval and if the employee is cool, just ask it buy it back right on the spot.

It is YMMV on the employee. Most of the time i've had no issues, but every now and then you find the douche who thinks their king of the world cuz they have the keys to a glass case.

Do things that go on clearance at Sears also go on clearance at K-Mart? I can't find a copy of Lips at the Sears by me but I can find several copies at the K-Mart a couple towns away.

I know they're basically the same company and would love to get the Lips if K-Mart does the drop too.

Stopped by my nearest Sears the other day and they finally brought the clearance back after like 8 months of nothing. They had a good selection of Wii & PS3 pinked stickered but only a couple of decent 360 games. I managed to pick up the following.

:360: Dirt 2-19.97
:ds: Final Fantasy IV-14.97
And a single lone copy of :wii: Metroid Trilogy w/Steel Book Case-19.97.......now i just need a Wii to go with it :lol:

Stopped at another sears which had absolutely nothing on clearance and everything at full price original price. Even games that have had the MSRP dropped lower a long time ago. But figured I grab a copy of Castlevania OoE at 30 and a Fight Night 3 for 20, and go back to the previous Sears and try a return/rebuy. I took them up to a self scanner to check if they would be cheaper before I go through the hassle of trying to get a return/rebuy. Fight Night came up as the same price so I just returned that but the castlevania came up cheaper. I had to go back to electroics itself to do it and I got the head electronics manager, but she did it for me with no problems with no questions asked to my surprise so I got :ds: Castlevania OoE for 9.97

Which leads me to ask is the 1.97 Fight Night 3 people are finding the regular or platium hits verison?

The only clearance game I saw that I don't think was already listed was,
:360: Too Human - 19.97

Between Sears and the b1g1 20 off promo at Toys R us I got a good haul that should tied me over for quite a while.

Pickups from yesterday
ps3
ninja gaiden sigma 2 - $19.99
tiger woods 09 - $2.97
NHL 09 - $2.97
NBA live 09 - $2.97

wii
metroid prime trilogy - $19.97

these days the price adjustment is YMMV also. it used to be very easy.

i forgot to mention that the leapster games are out of the system. goodluck if you find one. the last known price on the price tag was $6.16 (wtf?). they wouldnt give it to me. the guy was really nice though, he asked every manager he could find to give it to me for $2.97. the ones i saw was Jedi Math and Cars.

[quote name='solidus_00']Stopped by my nearest Sears the other day and they finally brought the clearance back after like 8 months of nothing. They had a good selection of Wii & PS3 pinked stickered but only a couple of decent 360 games. I managed to pick up the following.

:360: Dirt 2-19.97
:ds: Final Fantasy IV-14.97
And a single lone copy of :wii: Metroid Trilogy w/Steel Book Case-19.97.......now i just need a Wii to go with it :lol:

Stopped at another sears which had absolutely nothing on clearance and everything at full price original price. Even games that have had the MSRP dropped lower a long time ago. But figured I grab a copy of Castlevania OoE at 30 and a Fight Night 3 for 20, and go back to the previous Sears and try a return/rebuy. I took them up to a self scanner to check if they would be cheaper before I go through the hassle of trying to get a return/rebuy. Fight Night came up as the same price so I just returned that but the castlevania came up cheaper. I had to go back to electroics itself to do it and I got the head electronics manager, but she did it for me with no problems with no questions asked to my surprise so I got :ds: Castlevania OoE for 9.97

Which leads me to ask is the 1.97 Fight Night 3 people are finding the regular or platium hits verison?

The only clearance game I saw that I don't think was already listed was,
:360: Too Human - 19.97

Between Sears and the b1g1 20 off promo at Toys R us I got a good haul that should tied me over for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

I've found stores with the clearance price, visited another with that store's receipt in hand and had the second store pm it...
Logic is simple, they pm other retailers, so they should easily pm themselves...had NO issues doing this ...
It would possibly save you a trip back to the clearance location.

[quote name='donut']I've found stores with the clearance price, visited another with that store's receipt in hand and had the second store pm it...
Logic is simple, they pm other retailers, so they should easily pm themselves...had NO issues doing this ...
It would possibly save you a trip back to the clearance location.[/QUOTE]

Most stores, including Sears, specifically exclude clearance prices in their price match policy. Therefore, even if it is on clearance at one Sears store, another store where it's not on clearance doesn't have to honor the clearance price. So it's YMMV on getting them to price match like that, depending upon the cashier and/or manager you get.

[quote name='robert5891']found yesterday
Lips xbox 390 $4.97

Madworld x2
Spiderman wos
Pikman x2
All for wii $2.97

at the muncie, IN sears[/QUOTE]

can you post the UPC for that Lips bundle? I googled it but couldn't find it definitively.

thanks

[quote name='confoosious']can you post the UPC for that Lips bundle? I googled it but couldn't find it definitively.

thanks[/QUOTE]

Lips UPC 882224733885

This is from the copy I got on clearance at Target awhile back. It matches the UPC on half.com, so I'm assuming it's the same as the one Sears carries.

Picked up a Singstar Vol 2 Bundle for $14.97 in Eden Prairie, MN today...

And to the joker that bought all of the Hot Shots Golf and Fallout 3 from Burnsville, I hope you choke on a french fry.

[quote name='Denzalo']Picked up a Singstar Vol 2 Bundle for $14.97 in Eden Prairie, MN today...

And to the joker that bought all of the Hot Shots Golf and Fallout 3 from Burnsville, I hope you choke on a french fry.[/QUOTE]

Theres worse ways to go.

[quote name='Denzalo']
And to the joker that bought all of the Hot Shots Golf and Fallout 3 from Burnsville, I hope you choke on a french fry.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='Frap007']Thanks for saving me a trip. Checked out St.Paul yesterday, nothing. Was just about to go to Burnsville.[/QUOTE]

No problem :)

[quote name='JmyHny']Not to sound dumb but what is this UPC sheet everyone keeps talking about?[/QUOTE]

you print out a upc from upcdatabase.com so that you can scan the item yourself instead of getting a reluctant employee to get it out of the case to scan.

[quote name='confoosious']you print out a upc from upcdatabase.com so that you can scan the item yourself instead of getting a reluctant employee to get it out of the case to scan.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not all stores have public scanners.:cry:

got me Lips with 2 mic for 4.97 and nhl 09 2.97 ... they must be hiding stuff in the back and taking them out whenever because i have never seen lips there before

[quote name='Izod517']Unfortunately not all stores have public scanners.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. One of my favorite Sears doesn't have any, and the usually-pissed-off guy who works there knows me as the annoying jerk who always wants 20 things price checked. :lol:

[quote name='NipPicker']got me Lips with 2 mic for 4.97 and nhl 09 2.97 ... they must be hiding stuff in the back and taking them out whenever because i have never seen lips there before[/QUOTE]
whats the upc for the lips?

[quote name='formerroadie']I picked up the following today:

Cooking Mama DS - 2.97
Dead Space Extraction - 14.97
Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 19.97[/QUOTE]

Saw Muramasa.. still pondering...

Worth it?

[quote name='Denzalo']Saw Muramasa.. still pondering...

Worth it?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it yet, but I have heard nothing but good about it. It was one of my top wants. :)

Just saw Burnout Paradise for 9.97, might be good to go in another month or so.

Someone bought all the Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma and Fallout 3 GOTY copies at my sears, so much for next month. =((

[quote name='gnatforeva']Just saw Burnout Paradise for 9.97, might be good to go in another month or so.

Someone bought all the Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma and Fallout 3 GOTY copies at my sears, so much for next month. =(([/QUOTE]

I may have to jump on Burnout Paradise for that price.

What system was Burnout? Also I remember it being discussed before, but is MGS4 on clearance? I remember the store near me having 4 copies, so I can check tomorrow but if someone knows it would save me a trip :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']What system was Burnout? Also I remember it being discussed before, but is MGS4 on clearance? I remember the store near me having 4 copies, so I can check tomorrow but if someone knows it would save me a trip :)[/QUOTE]

Burnout Paradise was for Xbox 360. Also, I've seen MGS4 for as low as 9.97, but most stores it is still full price.

Confirmation of the following:

PS3:
Tiger Woods '09 - $2.97
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - $2.97

Wii:
Spiderman WOS - $2.97
Disney Grooves (with 2 mats) - $29.97

[quote name='regis100']Confirmation of the following:

PS3:
Tiger Woods '09 - $2.97
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - $2.97

Wii:
Spiderman WOS - $2.97
Disney Grooves (with 2 mats) - $29.97[/QUOTE]

Man, I really need to jump on these deals. My local Sears is always ransacked.

[quote name='NipPicker']the upc for lips with 2 mic is 882224733885 hope that helps[/QUOTE]

THXY! Unfortunately it rings up 34.99 on Clarence for me :/

Is there anyone who has found a couple cheap copies of Lips w/mic willing to help a fellow CAG member out? I already posted in the Sears Trading Thread but don't think anyone has looked there in several months.

[quote name='RallyV']Is there anyone who has found a couple cheap copies of Lips w/mic willing to help a fellow CAG member out? I already posted in the Sears Trading Thread but don't think anyone has looked there in several months.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know there was one, have a link?

The Lips bundle I have been stalking for MONTHS that has steadily held at 49.99 FINALLY dropped down to 4.97! Also, it looked they had a ton of new clearance out, including Wet, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Dirt 2, and Motorstorm Pacific Rift all for 19.97. Finally, on a side note, they did have the new Pokemon DS games out in the case already, so maybe a possible street date break there.

Found a Metroid Prime Trilogy for 19.97 and a Fallout GOTY PS3 for 29.97, figured I might as well since I still have 3 of the DLC packs to buy anyway.

They also had Wolfenstein and Transformers 2 for PS3, and Viva Pinata for 9.97 among the clearance.

bread's done
Back