Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Do these price drops affect all sears or they do it at different times? I've been going to my local sears and they haven't done and drops that i see on the games yet. The games are still the same price i've been seeing for months now. Although about a month ago i asked for price check and the guy insisted the prices are what they're marked and it turned out that all of them were the prices marked. I don't wanna come in every week and ask for price checks. So what's a good time to check up the price again?

ferant, do you know how or when the PSP bundles clearance? Are the stores notified by Sony directly? The Sears I went to today literally had 25 PSP bundles in stock of all kinds...Madden 09; Hannah Montana; Gran Turismo; Star Wars, God Of War & Jak & Daxter

[quote name='uEih']Do these price drops affect all sears or they do it at different times? I've been going to my local sears and they haven't done and drops that i see on the games yet. The games are still the same price i've been seeing for months now. Although about a month ago i asked for price check and the guy insisted the prices are what they're marked and it turned out that all of them were the prices marked. I don't wanna come in every week and ask for price checks. So what's a good time to check up the price again?[/QUOTE]

Everything is YMMV, one sears can be completely different from another. The only thing that seems to be relatively consistent is the day of drops. Your sears may take months to actually mark the correct prices, and by then the games you want may be gone. I suggest that you insist on a price check, if the employee still gives you trouble, I've told them that I have a friend that works at sears and I was told that the game's price has dropped, or you can ask to see a manager (since it is there job to give you a price check) and that will usually convince them.

Thanks, i'm trying to score some below $10 games and i think the only thing that will prevent anyone from buying em at the moment is not have any price check till the last minute possible when it's low. Or else the employees might bite before i do. I have a feeling some of these are currently lower than they are because last time i bought tiger woods 09 it was at 9.97. However there were other copies marked 29.99 so i KNOW my sears aren't consistent with their markings. I'll just wait till april to price check again and visit every week till then to see if they mark it down. Thanks.

Picked up Tony Hawk's Proving Ground PS3 for $2.97. Probably not worth any more than that, so why not?

Also, had the guy scan FNR3 and it still rang up $19.97, not the $2.97 mentioned earlier. Thought it was worth a shot.

Today I found Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Wet, Wolfenstein and Fallout 3:GOTY for 19.97, Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds and Stuntman Ignition for 2.97. I scanned Tony Hawks Project 8 to find it was $29.99 still. I also had him scan Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and that rang up 29.97 (I think that's a clearance price?)

Had a horrible time though. I asked the guy to pull out a copy of Animal Crossing WW and Super Mario DS
because I figured they might be on sale. They were not, so this guys gets annoyed and doesn't allow me to check any of the other games. I asked him what the price of Sigma 2 was and he's like ... "uhh that just came out so its $60." and for Proving Grounds he went to the sears website and showed me a $40 price tag. I then decided to go downstairs to a price scanner with my iphone with the sigma upc code and found out that it wouldn't scan it, but the guy in the cashier place told me he'd check it for me. It rang up 19.97, and Tony Hawk rang up the correct price (2.97) as well.

I decided to go back up there, and found another guy wiling to help. He was actually more than willing, I felt bad because I had him come to the glass a 3 or 4 times... I found Wet, and Wolfenstein for the ps3 on sale for 19.97 as well. 2GB Wii SD Cards were the normal 19.99 (I thought there was a sale?)

Could not find: Madworld, nor did I see any lips or whatever (BTW, what the heck is up with that anyway? Almost half this thread seem elated that they found a Singstar or Lips bundle....)

Edit: This was at the Santa Rosa, CA Sears.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I found another clearance game:

Cake Mania 3:ds:-$14.97[/QUOTE]

hmmm, not sure that is really a clearance price??? lol

[quote name='sonicemerald']
Could not find: Madworld, nor did I see any lips or whatever (BTW, what the heck is up with that anyway? Almost half this thread seem elated that they found a Singstar or Lips bundle....)
[/QUOTE]

Finding clearance games with accessories are harder to come by and those two games are pretty sought after especially Lips for its wireless mics.

[quote name='sonicemerald']
Had a horrible time though. I asked the guy to pull out a copy of Animal Crossing WW and Super Mario DS
because I figured they might be on sale. They were not, so this guys gets annoyed and doesn't allow me to check any of the other games. I asked him what the price of Sigma 2 was and he's like ... "uhh that just came out so its $60." [/QUOTE]

Yup. I had a similar experience at one store. This is why I hate having many of the clearance games under lock-and-key. One employee kept giving me huge sighs and saying, "That's the price. Right there, sir," and pointing at the price tag like I'm a moron. Even when he rang up two of the clearanced $20 titles, he acted like it was a fluke and didn't want to check any others for me.

I never, ever like going through an employee to get a clearance game.

Checked out the Jersey City store the other day, and they had a bunch of clearance stuff out in the cardboard displays. It was mostly the EA Sports games from last year, but hell, for $2-$3, you can't go wrong, right? They also had some copies of Stuntman for $3, I think. Enjoy my Hudson County CAGs!

[quote name='Zippon']Yup. I had a similar experience at one store. This is why I hate having many of the clearance games under lock-and-key. One employee kept giving me huge sighs and saying, "That's the price. Right there, sir," and pointing at the price tag like I'm a moron. Even when he rang up two of the clearanced $20 titles, he acted like it was a fluke and didn't want to check any others for me.

I never, ever like going through an employee to get a clearance game.[/QUOTE]

Having to ask them doesn't exactly thrill me either, but in reality its their job and they can give you all the sass they want its not going to get them out of it.

If they refuse just ask for a manager.

[quote name='sonicemerald']Today I found Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Wet, Wolfenstein and Fallout 3:GOTY for 19.97, Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds and Stuntman Ignition for 2.97. I scanned Tony Hawks Project 8 to find it was $29.99 still. I also had him scan Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and that rang up 29.97 (I think that's a clearance price?)

because I figured they might be on sale. They were not, so this guys gets annoyed and doesn't allow me to check any of the other games. I asked him what the price of Sigma 2 was and he's like ... "uhh that just came out so its $60." and for Proving Grounds he went to the sears website and showed me a $40 price tag. I then decided to go downstairs to a price scanner with my iphone with the sigma upc code and found out that it wouldn't scan it, but the guy in the cashier place told me he'd check it for me. It rang up 19.97, and Tony Hawk rang up the correct price (2.97) as well.
[/QUOTE]

It's their damn job to help you. HAHA. what an idiot. i would have found his manager and given him hell.

You have to wonder why some employees give you a hard time, especially when I've never seen a busy SEARS store.

At my local SEARS there are no price scanners so you have to go through the employees. Fortunately, they don't give me a problem.

[quote name='Rozz']You have to wonder why some employees give you a hard time, especially when I've never seen a busy SEARS store.

At my local SEARS there are no price scanners so you have to go through the employees. Fortunately, they don't give me a problem.[/QUOTE]

Because they've gotten so accustomed to getting paid for literally doing nothing in the electronics dept that something as simple as the act of speaking to them itself becomes an effort.

Classic case of retail martyrdom syndrome. Quite common in this age.

[quote name='Rozz']You have to wonder why some employees give you a hard time, especially when I've never seen a busy SEARS store.

At my local SEARS there are no price scanners so you have to go through the employees. Fortunately, they don't give me a problem.[/QUOTE]

Because they've gotten so accustomed to getting paid for literally doing nothing in the electronics dept that something as simple as the act of speaking to them itself becomes an effort. So much so that the line between menial tasks and personal sacrifice blurs.

Classic case of retail martyrdom syndrome. Quite common in this age

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Because they've gotten so accustomed to getting paid for literally doing nothing in the electronics dept that something as simple as the act of speaking to them itself becomes an effort. So much so that the line between menial tasks and personal sacrifice blurs.

Classic case of retail martyrdom syndrome. Quite common in this age[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the people in electronics at Sears are commission based employees, so it behooves them to go after people looking at televisions, rather than scanning dozens of games for CAG. Which is why I bring my barcode printout :) (sucks for those without the do it yourself scanners).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'm pretty sure the people in electronics at Sears are commission based employees, so it behooves them to go after people looking at televisions, rather than scanning dozens of games for CAG. Which is why I bring my barcode printout :) (sucks for those without the do it yourself scanners).[/QUOTE]

I prefer my colourful explanation. In truth its probably a mixture of both.

In the sears I went to, the games under glass were stacked in such a way that you can't see half the titles since they are covered by the ones in front of them. I asked an employee if he can open the case so I can look at the ones that are obscured but he said he couldn't do that unless I was going to buy something and then he added they were all the same as those in front of them.

Based on the above responses, I shouldn't have been surprised at his laziness.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Because they've gotten so accustomed to getting paid for literally doing nothing in the electronics dept that something as simple as the act of speaking to them itself becomes an effort. So much so that the line between menial tasks and personal sacrifice blurs.

Classic case of retail martyrdom syndrome. Quite common in this age[/QUOTE]

Sears electronics employees get a base rate of $6 an hour plus commission, they do not make anything off of video games at all, and that is why they give attitude when you ask them to open the case and scan a bunch of games. Commission rates sucks on everything also, I used to work there but it was really crap pay so I quit and became a filmmaker, lol. I know it is there job and all but Sears employees get crapped on all the time all day by management, the sick thing is most of them are around 50 years old and making nothing and been working there for 10+ years.

[quote name='polly']Is the $2.97 Stuntman Ignition for PS3, 360 or both?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the one at sears, but just last week I saw a good number of 360 copies at my local 5Below for $5

[quote name='spidamatrix']Sears electronics employees get a base rate of $6 an hour plus commission, they do not make anything off of video games at all, and that is why they give attitude when you ask them to open the case and scan a bunch of games. Commission rates sucks on everything also, I used to work there but it was really crap pay so I quit and became a filmmaker, lol. I know it is there job and all but Sears employees get crapped on all the time all day by management, the sick thing is most of them are around 50 years old and making nothing and been working there for 10+ years.[/QUOTE]

Never worked at Sears, but I know a few people who did, and he's absolutey right. The company is a wreck, and higher-ups are constantly placing the blame on whoever is below them.

I honestly cannot blame an hourly store employee for being somewhat annoyed about scanning a bunch of games they are not going to make any commission off of. I can understand a game or two, but sometimes, I see some of you complaining because they wouldn't take out and scan a half dozen games for you. Common courtesy goes both ways.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Never worked at Sears, but I know a few people who did, and he's absolutey right. The company is a wreck, and higher-ups are constantly placing the blame on whoever is below them.

I honestly cannot blame an hourly store employee for being somewhat annoyed about scanning a bunch of games they are not going to make any commission off of. I can understand a game or two, but sometimes, I see some of you complaining because they wouldn't take out and scan a half dozen games for you. Common courtesy goes both ways.[/QUOTE]

Sears? Every retail job is like that. You pretty much just have to deal with it or find a new job. I sincerely doubt Sears employees are worse off than some of the places I've worked.

Also, theres nothing discourteous about asking anyone to scan a half dozen, or even a dozen games. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes even for upwards of a dozen.

Yeah I get the comission thing, but its still their job to assist you. They can give you all the huffy attitude they want but they can't refuse to open the case and check game for you unless you're buying. A manager will fix that in short order.

Not every retail job is like that. Sears has been in a hole for a long time, and things just keep getting worse. And "finding a new job" is not some easy task, especially in this economy. That's a pretty silly attitude to have.

And yes, it's completely discourteous to expect an employee to be your personal price scanner for a dozen games. Those "minutes" you're wasting of his could be spent trying to help another customer who actually wants to buy something that isn't a dollar, and that can actually help the guy make some money. Please, if you have kids or ever plan on having them, don't teach them those kind of manners.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not every retail job is like that. Sears has been in a hole for a long time, and things just keep getting worse. And "finding a new job" is not some easy task, especially in this economy.

And yes, it's completely discourteous to expect an employee to be your personal price scanner for a dozen games. Please, if you have kids or every plan on having them, don't teach them those kind of manners.[/QUOTE]

Every retail job is like that. You've never worked retail if you believe otherwise. You are absolutely correct in that finding a new job is hard, thats why I said you have to find a new one or stick with it. Life isn't all peaches and daydreams. I guarantee no one here doesn't have something else they'd rather be doing than their current profession.

Again, it is in no way discouteous to ask to have a dozen games which are all next to each other scanned in under a minute. I can see if you have them running across the floor here and there to and fro, but there is nothing unreasonable or time consuming about game scanning.

I'd also like to note that I'm extremely couteous to employees when they do assist me, and thank them several times. I've been on the other end of the situation more than I cared to be in the past and understand more than you think. Regardless of how miserable you are or the bad day you're having you don't sigh, get huffy, or make a customer feel they aren't worth your time.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Every retail job is like that. You've never worked retail if you believe otherwise. You are absolutely correct in that finding a new job is hard, thats why I said you have to find a new one or stick with it. Life isn't all peaches and daydreams. I guarantee no one here doesn't have something else they'd rather be doing than their current profession.

Again, it is in no way discouteous to ask to have a dozen games which are all next to each other scanned in under a minute. I can see if you have them running across the floor here and there to and fro, but there is nothing unreasonable or time consuming about game scanning.

I'd also like to note that I'm extremely couteous to employees when they do assist me, and thank them several times. I've been on the other end of the situation more than I cared to be in the past and understand more than you think. Regardless of how miserable you are or the bad day you're having you don't sigh, get huffy, or make a customer feel they aren't worth your time.[/QUOTE]

Sears and any commission job is a completely different animal compared to say a Best Buy (i've worked there too) or a wal-mart. With Sears and being on commission, you have no idea where your paycheck is going to be, so you have to fight for sales, if you get stuck scanning a dozen games while the other employee is ringing up a $2500 TV. I agree with you that it is there job and they have to do it and all, but at the same time if you were that employee, you would feel the same. At Sears you literally feel like if you do not sell a tv; you will not make crap on your check and you could be fired at the end of the month. Management gives employees many different quotas to hit, and check up hourly on your numbers. Its rough to say the least.

I like it when i go there and the electronics guy is on break, then i get the people from other departments to do it, they dont seem to mind they must not get commission or something, i got a lady out of the bedding section to do it and she was really nice

[quote name='bredbu']I like it when i go there and the electronics guy is on break, then i get the people from other departments to do it, they dont seem to mind they must not get commission or something, i got a lady out of the bedding section to do it and she was really nice[/QUOTE]

You are correct, they get paid hourly wages. A lot easier to deal with if you can get them to come over to electronics.

Has anyone reported a Wolfenstien at less then 19.99? There was only one copy at my sears, and I have wanted to play it for a while, but would like one more drop first.

Picked up Motorstorm PR ps3 19.97 today, they had copies of every other clearance game also.
So far I got one of everything on the list, The only one I may still stop back for is WET but I'm iffy on that one I still don't know if that's even worth the 19.97 for it.

What Lips bundle is the one on clearance? I had a Lips :360: two wireless mike bundle scanned at two different Sears today, and they both rang up at $49.99

Went to my local Sears 2 days ago, they usually have the clearance games (if they have any :roll:, trust me this Sears is awful when it gets to things like that) in a bin near the cash register by the TVs. However, they moved them to the place where they usually stock other clearance items like - digital clocks, radio, etc. So I think that's why nobody really touched the games. Anyways bought:
Fallout 3 Collector's Ed. :ps3:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 :ps3: (haven't gotten to play it yet, because of the huge backlog a CAG has)
Unfortunately they were the last ones, but they had the following left:
$20
Dirt 2 :ps3: x1
Dirt 2 :360: x1
Wolfenstein :ps3: x3
Wet :ps3: x 1
Guitar Hero Metallica :ps3: x3-5
Guitar Hero Smash Hits :ps3: x5+
lots more

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground :ps3: x2 - $2.97 (How much does this trade in for)

Btw this is the Treasure Coast Mall in Jensen Beach, FL. Good luck and thanx CAG.

^^The original bundle, it has scanned full price for me at every store.

Also had Cooking Mama DS and Animal Crossing Wii price checked, $19.99 and $49.99.

[quote name='zmarselle']Has anyone reported a Wolfenstien at less then 19.99? There was only one copy at my sears, and I have wanted to play it for a while, but would like one more drop first.[/QUOTE]
None here, but ya $14.97 or lower would be nice same with WET.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
And yes, it's completely discourteous to expect an employee to be your personal price scanner for a dozen games. Those "minutes" you're wasting of his could be spent trying to help another customer who actually wants to buy something that isn't a dollar, and that can actually help the guy make some money. Please, if you have kids or ever plan on having them, don't teach them those kind of manners.[/QUOTE]

You are a perfect example of the screwed up logic that passes for the "norm" these days. Sorry, but what you said is absolute garbage.

I'm always polite to a fault when asking for a scan. Saying I'm somehow wasting his time is ridiculous.

Let's put it another way: If the clearance games were priced properly to begin with, we wouldn't have to "WASTE" their time asking them to verify the correct price. :dunce:

I just picked up (last one of each):
:ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY $19.97
:ps3: Hot Shots Golf $4.97
:ps3: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground $2.97

I'm very happy with my haul.

[quote name='Zippon']
I'm always polite to a fault when asking for a scan. Saying I'm somehow wasting his time is ridiculous.

Let's put it another way: If the clearance games were priced properly to begin with, we wouldn't have to "WASTE" their time asking them to verify the correct price. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, if they correctly tagged, nothing would be left because the employees and other customers would grab them all. I agree with you though, no one should ever have a problem getting a price check and I get very annoyed to be refused a price check. It rarely happens to me but when it does I say I want to buy it, then if it rings up for too much I say I changed my mind.

Once at Target that happened, the guy insisted a game was $49.99, and refused to check it. I said I'll buy it, it scanned for $10.98 as expected (this was years ago when pricing was different), and he never gave me trouble about price checks again.

[quote name='bredbu']I like it when i go there and the electronics guy is on break, then i get the people from other departments to do it, they dont seem to mind they must not get commission or something, i got a lady out of the bedding section to do it and she was really nice[/QUOTE]

Man, half the time it takes the electronics guys here ten to fifteen minutes to find the keys for the game case. One time I had a guy (who was an electronics guy) pull out a huge ring of keys, try every single one of them that would fit, and none of them worked -- he ended up telling me to come back in half an hour when the other electronics guy came off break. I couldn't image anyone from any other department actually managing to do anything useful.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They'll probably be $9.97 next month[/QUOTE]

If, that is, there are actually any left next month. Things have been getting pretty cleaned out around here.

Went to Sears in Santa Monica, CA today. They really did not have anything good in clearance. A lot of stuff that is already 20 bucks or less anyways. Was hoping to find Fallout GOTY but no luck. But if you are looking for a bunch of copies of Facebreaker, then head on over.

bread's done
Back