Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Sears in Fredericksburg, VA:

Clubhouse Games for DS was marked to $4.97, but they were sold out.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade for Wii was 19.97 (picked one up)
Brutal Legend for PS3 was also 19.97.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']The thrill of the hunt is half the fun, for me at least.[/QUOTE]

The thrill of the hunt is all well and good, but after a point it just becomes ridiculous.

Besides, the more time that passes, the more it becomes a snipe hunt. I'm not saying that there aren't any stores out there that still have copies, but let's face it -- this has been posted here, as well as on Slickdeals and probably Fat Wallet, amongst other sites, for nearly a month now. The majority of copies that were out there (particularly along a fairly urban corridor like I-95) are long gone at this point.

[quote name='arcane93']The thrill of the hunt is all well and good, but after a point it just becomes ridiculous.

Besides, the more time that passes, the more it becomes a snipe hunt. I'm not saying that there aren't any stores out there that still have copies, but let's face it -- this has been posted here, as well as on Slickdeals and probably Fat Wallet, amongst other sites, for nearly a month now. The majority of copies that were out there (particularly along a fairly urban corridor like I-95) are long gone at this point.[/QUOTE]

I personally have no idea how far that guy drove, but I know I drove an extra 15 minutes to a second sears just to see if they had an extra copy of hot shots golf. I don't see how there is anything wrong with doing it.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I personally have no idea how far that guy drove, but I know I drove an extra 15 minutes to a second sears just to see if they had an extra copy of hot shots golf. I don't see how there is anything wrong with doing it.[/QUOTE]

Sure, 15 minutes is nothing. Fayetteville, NC to Bethesda, MD is 329 miles (more than a five hour drive without stopping), and while I'm sure that "almost every store along I-95" was hyperbole to some extent, that's a good number of stores.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with doing it, just that it's kinda insane. :lol:

[quote name='arcane93']Sure, 15 minutes is nothing. Fayetteville, NC to Bethesda, MD is 329 miles (more than a five hour drive without stopping), and while I'm sure that "almost every store along I-95" was hyperbole to some extent, that's a good number of stores.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with doing it, just that it's kinda insane. :lol:[/QUOTE]

No more insane that yelling at a BestBuy clerk or manager to get a free game!
:argue:

Besides, maybe he had other work to do along the way, like checking out Target clearances and pennied guides. :ziplip:

[quote name='arcane93']Damn. For the amount of time and gas you're spending on that quest, you could probably just buy a copy somewhere else and actually save money. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='arcane93']Sure, 15 minutes is nothing. Fayetteville, NC to Bethesda, MD is 329 miles (more than a five hour drive without stopping), and while I'm sure that "almost every store along I-95" was hyperbole to some extent, that's a good number of stores.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with doing it, just that it's kinda insane. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hehe...yeah, I was exaggerating a bit. Actually, I am checking Sears stores when I go off on trips. I went to DC a couple weeks ago and checked a bunch of stores along the way (Colonial Heights and many of the Sears around DC in MD and VA...since the trip was leisure and a good part of it was planned for shopping, it wasnt a big deal). I also check the stores in Southeastern NC when I go home to visit the parents. I am trying to find a reason to go to Durham and check some stores out there. Trust me, the game isnt THAT important that I would drive up and down the east coast just to find it...lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Arakias']Unless you mean its worth driving over 300 miles from Fayetteville NC to Bethesda MD and spending prob at least $40 on gas in order to find a clearance game for $20 that is $60 new, he was directing his comment at someone else.

There is the thrill of the hunt and the insanity of bargain shopping/hoarding.[/QUOTE]

I hope you guys really didn't think I would drive 300+ miles just to find a game that I can purchase at one of the 3 big box stores or 3 Gamestops that are 5 minutes from my house. The game was "great if I find it" mission...the main mission was enjoy my spring break causing mischief in DC...

[quote name='boneless']No more insane that yelling at a BestBuy clerk or manager to get a free game!
:argue:

Besides, maybe he had other work to do along the way, like checking out Target clearances and pennied guides. :ziplip:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...I actually did check the Target and BB in Colonial Heights (since they are in the same shopping area)...no luck :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
And what game exactly was it you were looking for again, msriflegirl? Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3?

I just saw two more copies at the Sears I hit yesterday for a Lips:360: bundle and another copy of Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds:ps3:.

For the record, I still have one copy of FO3 GOTY for PS3 left out of the two I bought locally.;) I'm still debating if I wanna keep it for myself or offer that one up for trade/sale too.:razz:

My local Sears had pretty much everything talked about in this thread, so I scooped it all up after the last price drop except a couple games I'm hoping will drop to the $10 range

But man...they have two sealed copies of the Persona 3 Deluxe edition sitting in their case at $49.99. And they've been sitting there for, quite literally, years. I mean, I have one already. And I know it's not a money game. But darned if it's not a rescue mission at this point. Yet every time I do a price check...$49.99...$49.99...$49.99...

GAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The one Sears by me has an HD-DVD drive still marked and ringing up at $49.99, SteelSD. So I know where you're coming from, since that drive was clearanced a while ago at Sears.

Just picked up Madworld for 97 cents, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for 19.97, and an Eye of Judgment bundle for PS3 for 24.97 at the Woodfield Mall location in Schaumburg, IL. They had a few of the EoJ bundles left marked for the price on the shelf.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And what game exactly was it you were looking for again, msriflegirl? Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3?

I just saw two more copies at the Sears I hit yesterday for a Lips:360: bundle and another copy of Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds:ps3:.

For the record, I still have one copy of FO3 GOTY for PS3 left out of the two I bought locally.;) I'm still debating if I wanna keep it for myself or offer that one up for trade/sale too.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Booooooooo...lol...I bet you are somewhere I would never get to visit too.

Let me know if you decide to sell that one...

[quote name='Dahk']Are we anticipating another drop tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Should be first Friday of the new month. Might take them a min to stamp it all and place it.

[quote name='rvdnsx']Just picked up Madworld for 97 cents, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for 19.97, and an Eye of Judgment bundle for PS3 for 24.97 at the Woodfield Mall location in Schaumburg, IL. They had a few of the EoJ bundles left marked for the price on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Madworld for 97 cents? Is that a new drop?

[quote name='nddave']Should be first Friday of the new month. Might take them a min to stamp it all and place it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ferant316']9th next drop. Sorry thought I posted that weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Ferant is a Sears employee, burn it into your skulls. :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one Sears by me has an HD-DVD drive still marked and ringing up at $49.99, SteelSD. So I know where you're coming from, since that drive was clearanced a while ago at Sears.[/QUOTE]

Why havent you just bought it and did the old return/rebuy at another sears? Fearing the the likelyhood itll ring up out of system anywhere else?

[quote name='xDerekRx']Why havent you just bought it and did the old return/rebuy at another sears? Fearing the the likelyhood itll ring up out of system anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

Probably because that doesn't work 100% of the time. I tried it with Cranium Kabooki that I got for $29.99 at one store and returned it to another store that had it for $1.97. They wouldn't do a price adjustment or a return and rebuy. They said they had to send it back but I found it weeks later on the shelf. :)

No hints of any new drops for next Friday yet, huh?

Will keep checking back.....

To all CAGs that scan/rescan games and/or annoy Sears employees - Thanks for the continuing effort! I appreciate it!

[quote name='msriflegirl']Booooooooo...lol...I bet you are somewhere I would never get to visit too.

Let me know if you decide to sell that one...[/QUOTE]

I just might be selling that other one too, since I still have Just Cause 2 to finish and I really doubt I'm going to play Fallout 3(GOTY or not).

But if FO3 GOTY drops to $5-10 this month, I may make a swing back to get those other two copies, assuming they're still there.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Why havent you just bought it and did the old return/rebuy at another sears? Fearing the the likelyhood itll ring up out of system anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

Because I don't feel like wasting $50 on the hopes I can get an HD-DVD drive for $5 and that's IF they'll sell it to me at another store if it was out of the system at that other store.

Then again, I also don't want to take a chance since the HD-DVD drives supposedly had a pretty high failure rate too like the 360.

I had three of these prior when Kmart clearanced them for $12 each, traded one(which ended up being two due to the fuckin' high failure rate:roll:)and returned the other two, including the defective one the CAG I traded with returned to me.

Which is why I never deal in hardware of any kind anymore on here, unless it's some old gen stuff I've completely tested. Testing the HD-DVD drive is a total pita too even with a newer PC, since it takes insane specs to get it to work as even an external DVD drive.:roll:

[quote name='shoe478']Probably because that doesn't work 100% of the time. I tried it with Cranium Kabooki that I got for $29.99 at one store and returned it to another store that had it for $1.97. They wouldn't do a price adjustment or a return and rebuy. They said they had to send it back but I found it weeks later on the shelf. :)[/QUOTE]

You have to play the Return/Rebuy thing better.

Its quite easy actually.

Im not saying you have to goto acting school or anything... but there are a few ways to do it low key.

First one is return the game late at night before they close. Then come in the next morning to see if they put it back on the shelf. The only way it wouldnt be there is if the employee bought it. Thats possible but sometimes you get the old, female, or whatnot employee that does not care.

The second option is what I used a on the Lips bundles. I bought 2 at one store, then returned them to a store where it was 4.97 in the system. I told the employee I bought the wrong version. 5 minutes later I told him my friend texted me and said I actually bought the right version. He happily re rang them up. He actually seemed happy for me that I got 90$ deal.

In the end its all about getting a good employee. Because once you return an item, its in their store until someone buys it. At that point, its all about how to go about rebuying them. The first idea is safer, and honestly its a no lose situation. If you return the game and someone buys it before you can get it, then you didnt lose any money. If its sitting on the shelf, you win.

I got burned once at Kmart. Bought a 360 HD for 120$ at one store. Returned it to the store that had it for 15$. Apparently at that store you have to wait 24 hours to rebuy. I came back next day and it was gone. Worth a shot I suppose... got one for 15$ eventually at another one.

I guess return/rebuy is best used if you really want something and the price difference is huge. Like Lips 50$ at one, 5$ at another.

Only problem with the return/rebuy where you wait 24 hours is the gas wasted going to and from the store multiple times. That's why I always try the rebuy part about 5 minutes after I do the return. That way if it's not there the next day, I know it was me who bought it and I got the deal.

[quote name='xDerekRx']You have to play the Return/Rebuy thing better.

Its quite easy actually.

Im not saying you have to goto acting school or anything... but there are a few ways to do it low key.

First one is return the game late at night before they close. Then come in the next morning to see if they put it back on the shelf. The only way it wouldnt be there is if the employee bought it. Thats possible but sometimes you get the old, female, or whatnot employee that does not care.

The second option is what I used a on the Lips bundles. I bought 2 at one store, then returned them to a store where it was 4.97 in the system. I told the employee I bought the wrong version. 5 minutes later I told him my friend texted me and said I actually bought the right version. He happily re rang them up. He actually seemed happy for me that I got 90$ deal.

In the end its all about getting a good employee. Because once you return an item, its in their store until someone buys it. At that point, its all about how to go about rebuying them. The first idea is safer, and honestly its a no lose situation. If you return the game and someone buys it before you can get it, then you didnt lose any money. If its sitting on the shelf, you win.

I got burned once at Kmart. Bought a 360 HD for 120$ at one store. Returned it to the store that had it for 15$. Apparently at that store you have to wait 24 hours to rebuy. I came back next day and it was gone. Worth a shot I suppose... got one for 15$ eventually at another one.

I guess return/rebuy is best used if you really want something and the price difference is huge. Like Lips 50$ at one, 5$ at another.[/QUOTE]

You are telling this to the guy that has gotten immediate return/rebuys at Target. Basically you reiterated what I said, it doesn't work 100% of the time.

[quote name='dmdragon']God I want a copy of Hot shots golf, but none of my sears have it :( Wish there was a nice person who would pick them up for cags.[/QUOTE]

I offered up Sudoku Ball Detective for like $4-5 shipped a while back when BB did the coupon oopsie on it and I had a few supposed bites, but I guess I was supposed to 1) use Paypal and 2) underestimate shipping cost to get it to folks for $2 shipped.:lol: Suffice to say, I still have 5-7 copies of it because no one wanted to pay the in person prices(at the post office) for shipping first class with DC.:roll:

I use Priority Mail flat rate envelopes anymore for shipping($5)plus DC($.75) due to loooong ass shipping times on some prior deals and I still have two copies of Hot Shots Golf: OOB up for sale. By the time I factor in maybe $1-2 or so for my time, it's closer to $15 shipped and most would balk at that.:roll:

So yeah, that's why very few offer to pick up games for others anymore(or at least why I do). I understand being a cheapass and all, but you even get people demanding you send it such and such rate and it's your ass if it got lost or heavily delayed.

I'd imagine by now the HD-DVD's are out of system. Those dropped long before stuff like Monster Hunter & Table Tennis, which are now out of system.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I offered up Sudoku Ball Detective for like $4-5 shipped a while back when BB did the coupon oopsie on it and I had a few supposed bites, but I guess I was supposed to 1) use Paypal and 2) underestimate shipping cost to get it to folks for $2 shipped.:lol: Suffice to say, I still have 5-7 copies of it because no one wanted to pay the in person prices(at the post office) for shipping first class with DC.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the pawn shops in your area are like, but I sold My last copy of SBD for $5 cash after I forgot to take it to GS before the trade value tanked.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I offered up Sudoku Ball Detective for like $4-5 shipped a while back when BB did the coupon oopsie on it and I had a few supposed bites, but I guess I was supposed to 1) use Paypal and .[/QUOTE]

I know two people who don't have paypal. They're both 90 years old.

It's 2010. Who the hell doesn't have paypal?

[quote name='Bezerker']I'd imagine by now the HD-DVD's are out of system. Those dropped long before stuff like Monster Hunter & Table Tennis, which are now out of system.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the HD-DVD drive never even lowered from the $49.99 price around here. I checked it multiple times while others were reporting getting it for various prices throughout it's clearance cycle.

[quote name='Ace_Defective']I don't know what the pawn shops in your area are like, but I sold My last copy of SBD for $5 cash after I forgot to take it to GS before the trade value tanked.[/QUOTE]

The pawn shops around here are totally fuckin' worthless. No matter how new or old a game is, they offer you less than the lowballers on Craigslist. I'm talking like $5(less for older shit) with $10 being MAX for less than month old games.

I know they gotta make money and all, but if I wanna get bent over and fucked without being lubed up, I'll go to Gamestop where they might at least have something I might want.
[quote name='confoosious']I know two people who don't have paypal. They're both 90 years old.

It's 2010. Who the hell doesn't have paypal?[/QUOTE]

I don't.:razz: I refuse to get it either, since I prefer actually handling the cash or MO and having the cash in hand and not having to tell people to 'cover the fees' for Paypal and getting an argument over 'it's the cost of doing biz through there'.

I just don't like the idea of electronic payments. Period.

[quote name='luan87us']Hmm hopefully NGZ2 drop to $9.97.[/QUOTE]

Hmm never heard of this "NGZ2", lol I kid. I'm hoping that most $20 games are dropping as well, especially since there not all bad.

[quote name='confoosious']I know two people who don't have paypal. They're both 90 years old.

Somehow I don't think IATCG has a cell phone either :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know they gotta make money and all, but if I wanna get bent over and fucked without being lubed up, I'll go to Gamestop where they might at least have something I might want.[/QUOTE]

Oh, good, it was getting to be too long without someone making this stupid fucking statement. I was starting to worry.

[quote name='Survivalism']Oh, good, it was getting to be too long without someone making this stupid fucking statement. I was starting to worry.[/QUOTE]

Oh relax guy. CAG has become a place where any comment relating to stores is fine. Heck 4 years ago I remember talking about flipping on ebay was taboo. Now everyone wants to know what they can get on Ebay for said game.

I went to a different Sears today and it had a bunch of the clearance games. Only problem is that they didn't mark any of it down. For fucks sake, Madden 08 for the PS3 scanned for $30!!!

[quote name='Jiggaloj']I went to a different Sears today and it had a bunch of the clearance games. Only problem is that they didn't mark any of it down. For fucks sake, Madden 08 for the PS3 scanned for $30!!![/QUOTE]

That's a deal!

[quote name='Josef']Somehow I don't think IATCG has a cell phone either :)[/QUOTE]
You are correct, sir. Unless you count that $8 clearance Virgin Mobile phone that I never activated or bought a time card for yet that I got from Kmart.:lol: I really should put it up on my TL for the hell of it to see if I can get an offer of at least $10 plus shipping, since I've had it for like two years now sitting here.:roll:
[quote name='Survivalism']Oh, good, it was getting to be too long without someone making this stupid fucking statement. I was starting to worry.[/QUOTE]
I was simply saying that the pawn shops try to fuck you over, but at least at Gamestop I might find something there while being fucked over. Why is that so wrong? I'll admit that GS serves a purpose, but only when they have exploitable glitches or trade promos in conjunction with some free game giveaway at Best Buy via some coupon.

I don't either. Which is why I like dealing with Cheapest the few time we've crossed paths. Nice and simple.

Actually, speaking of that, there are somethings that are calling my name on your list, IATCG. I just have to consider if I really want them. :cool:

[quote name='Chronis']I don't either. Which is why I like dealing with Cheapest the few time we've crossed paths. Nice and simple.

Actually, speaking of that, there are somethings that are calling my name on your list, IATCG. I just have to consider if I really want them. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Chances are if the items have been there for a while, they'll be there for a while longer, since I'm mainly in selling mode anymore and not doing very many trades.;) It's just nicer to have cash or a MO as opposed to more stuff I will never finish playing.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Chances are if the items have been there for a while, they'll be there for a while longer, since I'm mainly in selling mode anymore and not doing very many trades.;) It's just nicer to have cash or a MO as opposed to more stuff I will never finish playing.:D[/QUOTE]

I need to get in selling mode too. These tiered promos at GS has helped to force me get rid of stuff to qualify...mirror's edge, fear 2, psp junk, that kind of stuff. GS B1G1, closing HWVs, and SEARS are hard to resist though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Chances are if the items have been there for a while, they'll be there for a while longer, since I'm mainly in selling mode anymore and not doing very many trades.;) It's just nicer to have cash or a MO as opposed to more stuff I will never finish playing.:D[/QUOTE]

Of course. But actually, the things I have my eye on have appeared pretty recently. But actually, I'm wondering, didn't you say a few pages back that you had Hot Shots PS3 for sale also?

That they are. This coming week I may try to take a trek down to the further off Sears I hit up last week for a Lips bundle and another copy of Hots Shots Golf, assuming the price drops go into effect and they drop FO3 GOTY to $10 a copy(and those copies I left there last week are still there).

But the employees did seem a big shocked by how cheap it came up, so I should've probably bought at least ONE copy to have a spare. Then again, I still have one left from one of my closer Sears stores that I bought both from.

[quote name='Chronis']Of course. But actually, the things I have my eye on have appeared pretty recently. But actually, I'm wondering, didn't you say a few pages back that you had Hot Shots PS3 for sale also?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I used to have three of HSG, but I flipped one to GS during the promo prior to the current tiered one for $11 and change. I just wish I had someone to buy up these PS1 games I just bought last week from a thrift store in the Poconos. I way overpaid($5 each).

I'm sure someone will be interested in some PS1 games... :razz: Anyway, so you still have 2 HSG to get rid of then? Maybe I'll throw one of those into my conceptual bundle also. :cool:

Yeah. I thought I had a bite for it on CL, but the person just did the 'is this still available', I responded and then they disappeared. Usual CL stuff.:roll:

I have two copies of it(HSG) still and one of Fallout 3 GOTY, which I'm not sure I'll ever get to playing on my own, since I have Just Cause 2 and I spend hours just sky diving/base jumping and doing stunts in that.

I'm in the same boat with Fallout 3. Actually, it was a little worse (...maybe) for me. I found a reg copy for $10 at Target so i figured that was cheap enough to see if I liked the game. Then I saw the GOTY edition for $20 at Sears and figured that the extra $50 of content for $10 was great so I picked that up also. So I was stuck with 2 copies of a game that I have little interest in (at least compared to the old versions). Luckily, I was able to sell the vanilla editoon to my friend for $15

bread's done
Back