Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Since most retailers in general, especially my Sears, seem to be slow at updating the sticker price on clearance games, how do you guys check the prices? Just grab a stack and ask for a price check?

I may go to mine this afternoon but I feel bad asking an employee to scan a giant stack of games.

[quote name='Seraph830']Since most retailers in general, especially my Sears, seem to be slow at updating the sticker price on clearance games, how do you guys check the prices? Just grab a stack and ask for a price check?

I may go to mine this afternoon but I feel bad asking an employee to scan a giant stack of games.[/QUOTE]

Usually if your store has it hit the self scanners, if not then ask the employee.

Dont feel bad about asking them it is thier job to help the customer , and also it breaks up the clump of employees not doing anything hanging out around the TV's or the appliance area. ;)

I'll be heading out in the next couple of minutes. Like someone else said, I feel bad asking for an employee to price check a whole fucking bunch of games. So what I plan on doing is asking whoever's handling the game section to let me see the list of games they're adding to the bargain bin. Hopefully they'll let me do that- otherwise, someone's going to have fun doing oodles of price checks for me. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'll be heading out in the next couple of minutes. Like someone else said, I feel bad asking for an employee to price check a whole fucking bunch of games. So what I plan on doing is asking whoever's handling the game section to let me see the list of games they're adding to the bargain bin. Hopefully they'll let me do that- otherwise, someone's going to have fun doing oodles of price checks for me. :p[/QUOTE]

Make sure you start with a game you KNOW is cheaper then marked. You might get an employee that will say everything is priced as marked, as soon as they are wrong with the very first game you scan, they will be wrong and cannot argue with you. Sears employees LOVE to say everything is priced as marked to avoid actually working (or to stop you from buying their cheap games).

[quote name='gnatforeva']Make sure you start with a game you KNOW is cheaper then marked. You might get an employee that will say everything is priced as marked, as soon as they are wrong with the very first game you scan, they will be wrong and cannot argue with you. Sears employees LOVE to say everything is priced as marked to avoid actually working (or to stop you from buying their cheap games).[/QUOTE]
That shouldn't work for them, given that NONE of the games in the cases are priced at all- only the ones in the bargain bin are. :p

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']El hardo is watching impatiently...[/QUOTE]
Best typo ever.

If you can't find a scanner what I've started doing lately is just taking up the possible clearance title and have them ring it up as if I'm for sure buying it, watch the price that rings up, and if it's not the right clearance price, I just say, "Oh sorry I thought it was cheaper, I don't want that one." Most sales reps think no harm, no foul. I've had too many reps give me the "It's priced right" argument (even when they're wrong) to bother requesting price checks anymore. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

At my local Sears, Viva Pinata dropped to $4.97. I picked that up. I scanned a handleful of 360 games.

Kane and Lynch $10.97
Viva Pinata TnP $9.97
GH Smash Hits $19.97
HAWX $14.97

Some drops here.

I can understand potentially some new titles being put on the clearance list but all this excitement over last months titles dropping another $5 or so ?

[quote name='Derrick1979']I can understand potentially some new titles being put on the clearance list but all this excitement over last months titles dropping another $5 or so ?[/QUOTE]

You can flip dirt 2 to gamestop as part of the 25 dollars towards a 29 and up game promo...

Most stuff seems to have dropped $5, with a few exceptions:

$2.97:
iconps3.gif
Score International: BAJA 1000
iconwii.gif
TNA

$9.97:
iconds.gif
Final Fantasy IV

$14.97:
iconps3.gif
Bakugan
iconps3.gif
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
iconps3.gif
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
iconps3.gif
Wet
iconwii.gif
A Boy and his Blob
iconwii.gif
Muramasa Demon Blade

$19.97:
iconps3.gif
MUA2

$19.99:
iconps3.gif
Brutal Legend (out of clearance cycle)

$49.99:
iconwii.gif
Animal Crossing: City Folk

$69.99:
iconwii.gif
Disney DDR (out of clearance cycle? This was a different store than I checked last month)

iconds.gif
Cooking Mama rang up out of the system, but was clearly marked at $4.97.

man, I don't know why my sears still has their :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY for 29.97. They say "Clearance" on the price tag but they still ring up 29.97!!!!!

[quote name='Sito']man, I don't know why my sears still has their :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY for 29.97. They say "Clearance" on the price tag but they still ring up 29.97!!!!![/QUOTE]

Um . . . $29.97 is a clearance price for Fallout 3 GOTY, as it's still got an MSRP of $59.99. Your Sears is still a drop (now two drops, if you checked today) behind most other Sears stores for some reason, but they're not lying when they call it clearance.

Is Wet worth $14.97? I had been really hoping for a drop to $9.97 on it. Not sure that it'll be a good idea to try to wait for another month at this point, though.

[quote name='KingofGames']Muramasa for $15... I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]

Get it -- it's easily worth that. I paid a little more than twice that for it back when it came out (got it in a Best Buy b2g1 sale), and I have no regrets.

[quote name='Ace_Defective']I can confirm :ps3:Wolfenstein, :ps3:Motor Storm:pacific Rift & :ps3:Dirt 2 dropped from $19.97 to $14.97 at my local Sears.[/QUOTE]

Add to this list Guitar Hero Metallica, Bakugan, WET, and Guitar Hero World Tour (all PS3). All are $14.97. also saw MLB 2K9 for $9.97 (PS3).

Disappointing to say the least.

[quote name='arcane93']Um . . . $29.97 is a clearance price for Fallout 3 GOTY, as it's still got an MSRP of $59.99. Your Sears is still a drop (now two drops, if you checked today) behind most other Sears stores for some reason, but they're not lying when they call it clearance.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed
iconps3.gif
Fallout 3 GotY for $19.xx last month from Sears. So... yes, there is a better clearance price than $29.97.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Add to this list Guitar Hero Metallica, Bakugan, WET, and Guitar Hero World Tour (all PS3). All are $14.97. also saw MLB 2K9 for $9.97 (PS3).

Disappointing to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Ya....its sooo disappointing to pay 15 dollars for a game when most people pay 60...

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Ya....its sooo disappointing to pay 15 dollars for a game when most people pay 60...[/QUOTE]

I doubt most people posting in this thread have paid $60 for a game at Sears. On a side note... why are you getting so bent about clearance prices? Jeez...

Got a boy and his blob (wii) and Obscure the Aftermath (wii) for $10 and $15 today. I didn't really price check anything because a sales clerk price checked everything for me before I went over and did it myself. I'm going back to get Viva Pinata and hopefully FFIV for DS and then to another one now to hopefully pick up some other games.

[quote name='shoe478']This is confusing, the page clearly says clearance but the coupon says not valid on clearance. Someone double check in case I am reading it wrong. If it does work, these $15 games will be $12.[/QUOTE]

Are you buying video games or women's apparel?

Wrong coupon.;)

Wow, what a small world. When I went in my local Sears today (Cookeville, TN) I was taking games from the bin back and forth to the price check, and saw someone take a couple games out of the bin, and start to walk off- one was A Boy and His Blob. So I was like, "A Boy and His Blob's $15." He turns around and says something like, "I take it you're from Cheap Ass Gamer?" I guess me carrying around my laptop and typing the prices/checking TIVs was a dead giveaway. :p We talked for a bit about games 'n stuff, and he was a pretty cool guy. Hopefully we'll run into each other some other time. :D Here are the prices I recorded, in no particular order:

Bakugan Battle Brawlers- $15
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen- $20
Dirt 2- $15
NBA 09 Inside (PSP)- $3
Wet- $15
Lego Rock Band- $15
A Boy and His Blob- $15
Guitar Hero World Tour- $15
Guitar Hero Smash Hits- $15
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2- $15
Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma- $15
Chaotic Shadow Warriors $15
Wolfenstein $15
Guitar Hero Metallica $15
Smackdown vs. Raw 09 $5
Viva Pinata $5

I'm not sure how many of those are price drops, either- I just wrote down the ones that were marked clearance by the computer. I picked up the last two Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2s to flip to Gamestop this afternoon- $18 apiece as of today and up to $27 with 40% tier'd + Edge. And I haven't read any of the thread since earlier this morning, so if anything is a repost, just consider it confirmation. X3

[quote name='shoe478']This is confusing, the page clearly says clearance but the coupon says not valid on clearance. Someone double check in case I am reading it wrong. If it does work, these $15 games will be $12.[/QUOTE]

I'll try it anyway.

If possible, anyone confirming metroid prime trilogy would be awesome. If not I'll have to try to get out there this weekend with one of those printed UPCs to check.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']Any opinions on WET for $14.97 ??[/QUOTE]
Its not bad, a little short. Watch some gameplay videos on youtube since it does kinda have a unique style of play, its one of those you'll either like it or hate it type games. I would pay $15 for it, but I also really enjoyed the game.

[quote name='arcane93']Is Wet worth $14.97? I had been really hoping for a drop to $9.97 on it. Not sure that it'll be a good idea to try to wait for another month at this point, though.[/QUOTE]
If you liked Stranglehold, you'll probably like Wet. It's basically what you'd get if you combined Stranglehold with swordplay. I would wait if I were you, though. It's not a good flip at all, and it wasn't received very well, so it probably won't sell at your Sears until then if I had to guess.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wow, what a small world. When I went in my local Sears today (Cookeville, TN) I was taking games from the bin back and forth to the price check, and saw someone take a couple games out of the bin, and start to walk off- one was A Boy and His Blob. So I was like, "A Boy and His Blob's $15." He turns around and says something like, "I take it you're from Cheap Ass Gamer?" I guess me carrying around my laptop and typing the prices/checking TIVs was a dead giveaway. :p We talked for a bit about games 'n stuff, and he was a pretty cool guy. Hopefully we'll run into each other some other time. :D Here are the prices I recorded, in no particular order:

Bakugan Battle Brawlers- $15
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen- $20
Dirt 2- $15
NBA 09 Inside (PSP)- $3
Wet- $15
Lego Rock Band- $15
A Boy and His Blob- $15
Guitar Hero World Tour- $15
Guitar Hero Smash Hits- $15
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2- $15
Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma- $15
Chaotic Shadow Warriors $15
Wolfenstein $15
Guitar Hero Metallica $15
Smackdown vs. Raw 09 $5
Viva Pinata $5

I'm not sure how many of those are price drops, either- I just wrote down the ones that were marked clearance by the computer. I picked up the last two Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2s to flip to Gamestop this afternoon- $18 apiece as of today and up to $27 with 40% tier'd + Edge. And I haven't read any of the thread since earlier this morning, so if anything is a repost, just consider it confirmation. X3[/QUOTE]

If you want BestBuy credit, they're giving $30 for Ninja Gaiden 2. Thanks for the list

[quote name='Seraph830']Checked out my Sears this afternoon (Troy, MI) and found Muramasa stickered at $29.99, but it rang up for $19.99.[/QUOTE]Ok so now that Muramasa is $15 and I bought it 2 days ago, can I go and get the difference? I still have the receipt but unfortunately I opened it already.

I feel so dumb :(

got 2 copies of hot shots golf ps3 for 2.97, saw bakugan and motorstorm pacific rift for 14.97. couldnt find any clearance 360 games of the ones i scanned.

Went back in to my sears today for the 2nd time and talked to a very nice and rather attractive young woman who was more than willing to do some price checks for me. (she actually just left the case open after and was like just tell me when your done)

Ended up walking out of sears today with-

2x Metroid Prime Trilogy :wii:= 13.97 Each
2x Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 :ps3:= 14.97 Each
1x Fallout 3 GOTY :ps3: fucking finally! = 14.97

Not bad for 76.XX

They had a bunch more Fallout 3 GOTY there (like 5-6) but they didn't have Dirt 2 which I wanted or Hot Shots Golf for a nice flip and credit

[quote name='Seraph830']Ok so now that Muramasa is $15 and I bought it 2 days ago, can I go and get the difference? I still have the receipt but unfortunately I opened it already.

I feel so dumb :([/QUOTE]

Worst case scenario: buy another one, then return that new sealed one with the old receipt.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']Any opinions on WET for $14.97 ??[/QUOTE]

If you're good at shooters and are a marksman, you'll love it, but if you're like me and really suck at shooters then skip it.

You have to fill a meter to regain health based on how many stunts you do while killing enemies. It gets rather old and repetitive fast.:roll:

So FO3 GOTY only dropped $5 this month? That blows. I was hoping it would've dropped to $9.97 a copy so I could go back to the further Sears n grab the other two I saw two weeks ago there.:D;)

For $5-10 it's a must have game, for $15...eh not so much. Plus, my LCD monitor I bought from Target is acting weird, so I might have to return it and go back to SDtv for now.:cry:

[quote name='cthomer5000']Worst case scenario: buy another one, then return that new sealed one with the old receipt.[/QUOTE]That's brilliant. Thanks for the idea.

Someone snatched the NGS2 from my store >.> Oh well. That sears has all the other clearance games that I don't have any interested in except NGS2 aargg should have picked it up when it was $20

@IATCG
thanks for the advice. It looks interesting, but I have the gut feeling it will indeed get old fast just like u had said. Maybe if it were to drop a little lower it would be worth a go, but at the moment it's a bit iffy.

bread's done
Back