Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Man everyone is having luck with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Someone snatched the only copy at my sears when it was $19.99. Anyone kind enough to pick me up a copy for cost + tax and shipping? My sears also have Dirt 2, Singstar Vol.2 bundle, and Lego Rock Band all for PS3 at the latest clearance price. I know this isn't the place to ask for trades but I'm kinda desperate for some cheap good action games =(

[quote name='Gbear09']Woot, just scored at one sears! icked up:

2 Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Editions 13.97 each (still had the white 49.99 stickers)
1 NBA The Inside (Always wanted to play this series) 2.97
1 Spyborgs 2.97
1 Muramasa 14.97

I asked the guy about fallout 3 GOTY for ps3 and he said he found one lost in the back a while ago and checked the price, he ended up buying it for 2.97...[/QUOTE]

What year on NBA? Also, tough break on the GOTY.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']What year on NBA? Also, tough break on the GOTY.[/QUOTE]

Yup, the guy went back and took another look just in case, but didn't find anything. The NBA game was 09. Funny thing was the manager rolled around and asked me to answer some questions about my shopping experience. I gave them great reviews since they treated me so well.

My sears never have shit., I would kill for an oblivion GOTY... if someone finds one at 2.97 for ps3 I will give 8 - 10 plus shipping for it.

[quote name='dmdragon']My sears never have shit., I would kill for an oblivion GOTY... if someone finds one at 2.97 for ps3 I will give 8 - 10 plus shipping for it.[/QUOTE]
Man, I really need to print out a working UPC sheet to have a field day checking some of these prices. Has it been quoted at that price?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Man, I really need to print out a working UPC sheet to have a field day checking some of these prices. Has it been quoted at that price?[/QUOTE]

Someone earlier posted getting it for 2.97 on clearance at one.

It was LordSMVS for 1.97 actually post 1512

anybody in the orlando area, the sears at the florida mall has ninja 2, about 7 copies left. they had a shit load of games, but i was on vacation and did not want to piss of anybody else looking at all the games. i do mk vs dc rang up at 29.99 there.

Interesting, I tried to do a return/rebuy today and my return was declined by the system. It gives you a ticket # and a phone number to call. I called the number and they just said something about them not being able to find the item in their system.

It was the same store that I had originally bought it at, so that couldn't be the issue, and they currently had the game out for sale. It was only a $4 difference, so I decided to hold off since I didn't feel like getting a manager involved and waiting an hour over $4.

I scored a Lips Bundle for $4.97. It was tagged $49.99 and would not scan at the price checker. The clerk scanned it at $4.97.

I take it my store in Meriden, CT doesn't participate in clearance mark downs or they are very, very slow. I've seen almost nothing clearanced the last three months and they have 5+ copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy sitting in the case marked full.

Marked at 49.99?! You gotta have them scanned dude! I pick up clearance games at Sears all the time and they are usually marked at full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Either way, whether you take the sticker off or if you get an employee to take it off for you to get you the cheap price, it's taking money from Sears on games they paid for a special lot of.

What's so wrong with letting your friend borrow your copy of the game after you get done with it? :roll:

Honestly, if it's just that you both want one for your 'collection', go to frickin' Gamestop's website. It's $10 used there for either version(360 or PS3)and with CAG16 + EDGE discount you could take it down to $7 something.[/QUOTE]

This is a touch subject, the whole blue sticker game UPC...

But IATCAG, whats your view on return rebuy? A practice a lot of cags will do.

If I buy 49.99 Lips at Sears A and return to Sears B and have them rering it at 4.97, the company just lost 45$ technically.

I suppose its a large gray area. If its cleared 1 price at one sears, but not another, do you have a right to have it at the other sears price?

Ive done this a couple times. I even did it for PS3 MK vs DC. It rings up 2.97 at one Sears out of the 12 Ive checked, so I bought some at 29.99 at one Sears and did return rebuy at the Sears where it rang up 2.97...

I guess there is always a fine line. In all fairness taking a sticker off is altering something while doing a return rebuy is technically a legal process. Its not fraud since you legitimately bought it and returned it. Probably goes more under the "being clever" type of CAG move.

[quote name='Finishoff']Found Dirt 2 for the 360 for 14.99
Socom Confrontation with blue tooth, employee scanned and it's still 59.99[/QUOTE]

ive been waiting/eyeing that bundle for a looooooooooong time

[quote name='xDerekRx']This is a touch subject, the whole blue sticker game UPC...

But IATCAG, whats your view on return rebuy? A practice a lot of cags will do.

If I buy 49.99 Lips at Sears A and return to Sears B and have them rering it at 4.97, the company just lost 45$ technically.

I suppose its a large gray area. If its cleared 1 price at one sears, but not another, do you have a right to have it at the other sears price?

Ive done this a couple times. I even did it for PS3 MK vs DC. It rings up 2.97 at one Sears out of the 12 Ive checked, so I bought some at 29.99 at one Sears and did return rebuy at the Sears where it rang up 2.97...

I guess there is always a fine line. In all fairness taking a sticker off is altering something while doing a return rebuy is technically a legal process. Its not fraud since you legitimately bought it and returned it. Probably goes more under the "being clever" type of CAG move.[/QUOTE]

hmmm interesting
so sears doesn't enforce the 24 hour wait thing?

If I was to buy a game at one sears full price then take it to another sears where it has the same item on clearance...will that sears do a price adjustment?

[quote name='josh62488']hmmm interesting
so sears doesn't enforce the 24 hour wait thing?

If I was to buy a game at one sears full price then take it to another sears where it has the same item on clearance...will that sears do a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bezerker']Its corporate policy, so yes.[/QUOTE]
How about the other way around, then? Could you take a clearanced item and its receipt to a Sears where the item isn't on clearance and get it price matched?

Do games have a 30 or 90 day return period? I found a Marvel Ult All 2 for 14.99, I had bought one for 19.99 over 30 days ago, so I need confirmation from someone who has tried to return a game. Thanks.

[quote name='nakanenui']Do games have a 30 or 90 day return period? I found a Marvel Ult All 2 for 14.99, I had bought one for 19.99 over 30 days ago, so I need confirmation from someone who has tried to return a game. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure its only 30 days ;)

I went yesterday to get PS3 MUA2 price matched. It was within 30 days and the cashier really didn't want to help me suggesting the return period for video games was only 14 days. Then I showed him on the receipt where it specifically said 30 and he did it. He processed it as a price adjust rather than a return/rebuy, which I believe their price adjust policy is only 14 days.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']How about the other way around, then? Could you take a clearanced item and its receipt to a Sears where the item isn't on clearance and get it price matched?[/QUOTE]

A couple years ago you were able to take a receipt with a Kmart price on it and get that price at another Kmart, you didn't even have to bring the game. This really helps when the item is out of system. I can't say it would work today but I have done it in the past.

[quote name='xDerekRx']But IATCAG, whats your view on return rebuy?[/QUOTE]
Personally, I wouldn't waste the time/effort/cash on it most times. But if it's a technique that allows you to get the game for the price you want to pay and you're willing to shell out the price at the higher store on the 50/50 chance they'll let you immediately rebuy it at store two, then go for it.

And is Jackie still bitching about the 'omg restickered game' that he and his friend just HAVE to have so he's considering committing fraud to get another copy of?

Stranglehold sucked. I had it from Kmart for about $2 and that is all it's worth. Save your money for another BETTER clearance game to reach $2.

[quote name='nakanenui']Do games have a 30 or 90 day return period? I found a Marvel Ult All 2 for 14.99, I had bought one for 19.99 over 30 days ago, so I need confirmation from someone who has tried to return a game. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's only 30 days for video games/cd's/dvd's apparently.:roll: Even though on the damn receipt it may show the end date of a 90 day return period, saying you have the ability to return everything on there till then.:cry:

As for the price match/price adjust, it's only two weeks(14 days) from purchase. Anything beyond that and you may have to try a return/rebuy and hope the employee allows that.

My local Sears had NOTHING on clearance. Just bins of 29.99 and under, 19.99 and under ect

Found a price scanner, everything I picked up to scan showed full price.

Nothing even close to a deal.

[quote name='xDerekRx']
If I buy 49.99 Lips at Sears A and return to Sears B and have them rering it at 4.97, the company just lost 45$ technically.[/QUOTE]
What makes you think Sears bought it for $49.99, because we all know that's not true.:twisted:

Just picked up WET for PS3 for $14.97.

Didn't see this in the list, so just thought I would post my finding.

Good luck boys.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Just picked up WET for PS3 for $14.97.

Didn't see this in the list, so just thought I would post my finding.

Good luck boys.[/QUOTE]

WET is a frustrating game if you're not an absolute crackshot in shooters. It plays similar to Stranglehold in that you can do stunts in it. You regain life for how stylistic your kills are in WET.

In other words, if you just try run and gunning(my usual tactic), you're gonna be dead quick.:roll:

I'm surprised any of you guys are getting any price adjustments on clearance games, I used to work for sears for years and their policy has always been no price adjustments on clearance items. I used to have to turn them down all the time because of this policy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']WET is a frustrating game if you're not an absolute crackshot in shooters. It plays similar to Stranglehold in that you can do stunts in it. You regain life for how stylistic your kills are in WET.

In other words, if you just try run and gunning(my usual tactic), you're gonna be dead quick.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Um, can't you use slow time in the game pretty much constantly?... with one gun auto-aiming?

[quote name='SaraAB']A couple years ago you were able to take a receipt with a Kmart price on it and get that price at another Kmart, you didn't even have to bring the game. This really helps when the item is out of system. I can't say it would work today but I have done it in the past.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the answer. I'll remember to hold on to some Sears receipts whenever I go out of town... And/or print out some scans of other people's receipts. It would be interesting if they would honor it.

[quote name='GuardianE']Um, can't you use slow time in the game pretty much constantly?... with one gun auto-aiming?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember, as I played up until the second or third scene and I got frustrated by the way health regenerated.

My one friend who is a FPS and RPG nut even tried the game and he couldn't stand it either. Otherwise, it's a damn fine game. But the way to regen health sucks for those of us with poor shooting skills.

I guess I might be in for one hell of a time with WET. Thanks for the input IAmTheCheapestGamer.

I've been wanting to buy this game anyway. I was pretty happy at this price point.

It was one of my 'to buy' games and I picked it up for relatively cheap from either the GoHastings 30% sale a while ago or from the local shop, but once I got into it I realized what you had to do to regain health and I kinda groaned.

That's why I typically keep an eye out for good reviews on a title I'm considering picking up, unless it's from a dev/pub I trust(Rockstar Games, for one). Although they kinda irked me with the new control scheme for GTA IV, but I've grown accustomed to it now.

If you ever played Stranglehold, it's like that game a bunch, in that you do ALOT of slow-mo Hong Kong movie style diving, rolling and jumping.

Picked up an extra Ninja Gaiden 2 today at a local sears, if anyone didn't find it locally and happened to get an extra Metroid Prime Trilogy - I'll do a trade for it.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Saw 11 copies of HotShots @ local sears but my high went through the floor when it rang up for $59.99...[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, that sucks. The thought of flipping them to BBV though...*drool*

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Ahaha, that sucks. The thought of flipping them to BBV though...*drool*[/QUOTE]

BBV? You mean Best Buy(BB) and not Blockbuster Video, right? Cuz I'm pretty sure Blockbuster's TIV will be jack and shit.

I just traded my Hotshots to Amazon. They're offering $20 for it. Amazon >> BB (if you're going to use it to reinvest in games).

[quote name='tjm0711']I just traded my Hotshots to Amazon. They're offering $20 for it. Amazon >> BB (if you're going to use it to reinvest in games).[/QUOTE]

But BB beats Amazon in that they're offering $30 for either version of Little Big Planet, when the game is already $30 new for either.;):D

[quote name='Electro']has anyone found ninja gaiden sigma 2 and metroid prime trilogy in the las vegas area?[/QUOTE]
The moment I found about those drops, I guess early last month; I went to every SEARS here in Vegas and came up with nothing (Same with Fallout 3 GOTY, Motorstorm: PR).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But BB beats Amazon in that they're offering $30 for either version of Little Big Planet, when the game is already $30 new for either.;):D[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about doing a swap for a new LBP, but being without the game for 3-4 weeks when I already own most of the DLC might not be worth the trouble. But I agree, there are some good TIV at BB right now.

bread's done
Back