Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Today, I got Singstar Vol 2 Bundle for PS3 for $4.97, Wolfenstein PS3 $9.97, Bakugan Battle Brawlers PS3 $9.97, and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen PS3 $9.97. Works for me. :)

[quote name='mickeyu422']I saw 3 Red Bull games at my Sears for $0.47. Anyone know how much they trade in for?[/QUOTE]

They traded for $.50 as of January at Gamestop.:lol: So that means they probably trade in for $.15 by now like the prior year's Madden games do.;)

If for nothing, you get cheap DS replacement cases for .47 each.

[quote name='mickeyu422']I saw 3 Red Bull games at my Sears for $0.47. Anyone know how much they trade in for?[/QUOTE]

i get $4-$5 at my local shop...

[quote name='lude21']i get $4-$5 at my local shop...[/QUOTE]
I'm still wondering how the hell you manage that. I can barely get them to give me $3 each for most games.:roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lude21
i get $4-$5 at my local shop...

I'm still wondering how the hell you manage that. I can barely get them to give me $3 each for most games.:roll:

Perhaps you need to bend over and grab your ankles! Hey, 5 bucks is 5 bucks!

After reading about other people's purchases, I went back to Sears. I picked up the SingSong bundle for 4.97 and another Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise for 2.97. I get the feeling that people don't really look at the games at my Sears. By the way, they had TWO copies of project sylpheed in the glass display and TWO copies of Enchanted Arms. Enchanted Arms rang up at 40 dollars and Sylpheed was 30. WTF?

Went to my local sears for the first time today. They had nothing of importance, only a few old sports games for 14.97 or 19.97. Kinda ridiculous, actually. Now I know why I don't go there....

Got Boy and his Blob (Wii) and GH: Metallica (PS3) for $9.97 tonight.

Unfortunately Dead Space : Extraction went back up to $29.99 here too...

Ok, I checked the following:

:ps3: Wolverine:X-Men Origins $39.99
:360: Project Slypheed $29.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $29.99

I did manage to pick up :wii: Muramasa, :wii: Excitebots with wheel, :wii: Wario Shake It, :ps3: Wet, :ps3: GH:SH, :ps3: Wolfenstein, :ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 with mics, :ps3: Lego Rock Band, and :360: Viva Pintata:TiP. I was hoping to find a few copies of :ds:Red Bull for the cases, but I couldn't find any.

Thanks so much to all the CAGs who post their finds! I love cheap games!

[quote name='xDerekRx']Nds - imagine family doctor - 0.97

It was marked 997 from April. I always say scan everything with an old tag. Some stuff drops more than 5[/QUOTE]

Wow, I wonder if any other $9.97 games are now $0.97.

No, many stores still have various games reported to be on clearance at full price. For example, Animal Crossing Wii has been reported to be $4.97 and I have scanned the UPC at 4 different Sears and it was full price at all of them

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Are these prices universal??[/QUOTE]

YMMV. They tend to be company wide, but sometimes stores just don't have the drops/manually get rid of them (Or sometimes even go lower), whole areas of the nation will or will not get a single item, ect.

But there is a good chance that if your local sears has these in stock, they will be at these prices. If you have 2 or 3 close enough to check, you have a pretty good chance of finding one store that follows the cleanness to the letter.

I have a huge problem and need help! I bought Wario Land Shake it on April 10 right after the last drop. To make things short this is what happened. My little sister opened up the game this past Monday and there was nothing inside the case. I went to Sears today to exchange the game, got denied and was told some BS about not being able to exchange or get a refund on open games.

They told me to call some 800 number and they were no help at all either. They told me to contact the manufacturer and have them deal with the problem. So the only thing I have left is to contact the store manager and see what he has to say about the situation.

Its only $15 but these people are complete ass hats.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Picked up:

:360: Tom Clancy's HAWX $12.97
:ps3: Wet $9.97
:wii: A Boy and His Blob $9.97
:ps2: Soulcalibur III $2.97
:360: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise $2.97
:wii: Medieval Games $2.97
:ds: Red Bull BC One $0.47

I have to wonder about anyone who paid full price (or, well, anything more than a dollar or so) for the Red Bull game -- it's beyond terrible (which I expected, but had to try it to see just how bad it is). But, I needed an extra DS game case, and I don't know where I'd get one cheaper than that. ;)

Unfortunately, :wii: Dead Space Extraction has oddly been taken out of clearance and raised back to $29.99 (checked it in two different stores, along with the other reports here, so guess it must be universal). Also was surprised to see a few copies of :psp: Jeanne d'Arc, which scanned at $29.99 as well -- interesting because that was on clearance for so long (I picked it up at Sears a year ago for $10.97). I really wonder how Sears decides that games shouldn't be on clearance anymore, because that seems like a weird one to bring back (good game, but not high in mainstream appeal).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']
I have a huge problem and need help! I bought Wario Land Shake it on April 10 right after the last drop. To make things short this is what happened. My little sister opened up the game this past Monday and there was nothing inside the case. I went to Sears today to exchange the game, got denied and was told some BS about not being able to exchange or get a refund on open games.

They told me to call some 800 number and they were no help at all either. They told me to contact the manufacturer and have them deal with the problem. So the only thing I have left is to contact the store manager and see what he has to say about the situation.

PLEASE HELP!!!!![/QUOTE]

that really sucks!
I would just try to raise hell with the manager at sears

[quote name='kk012']Ok, I checked the following:

:ps3: Wolverine:X-Men Origins $39.99
:360: Project Slypheed $29.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $29.99

I did manage to pick up :wii: Muramasa, :wii: Excitebots with wheel, :wii: Wario Shake It, :ps3: Wet, :ps3: GH:SH, :ps3: Wolfenstein, :ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 with mics, :ps3: Lego Rock Band, and :360: Viva Pintata:TiP. I was hoping to find a few copies of :ds:Red Bull for the cases, but I couldn't find any.

Thanks so much to all the CAGs who post their finds! I love cheap games![/QUOTE]

which sears was this i'm looking for wolfenstein :ps3:

[quote name='confoosious']Picked up Dirt 2, Motorstorm PR and Red Bull.

Gotta love it when it is stickered 9.99 and rings up 47 cents.[/QUOTE]

dirt 2 for 360? looking for a 360 version.

[quote name='skiizim']
I have a huge problem and need help! I bought Wario Land Shake it on April 10 right after the last drop. To make things short this is what happened. My little sister opened up the game this past Monday and there was nothing inside the case. I went to Sears today to exchange the game, got denied and was told some BS about not being able to exchange or get a refund on open games.​

PLEASE HELP!!!!![/QUOTE]

I agree, try talking with a manager and just explain what happened. If that doesn't work call Nintendo. I had to call a publisher to get a missing manual from a new game and it had no problem sending me a replacement. Nintendo has fantastic customer service. Just make sure you have your receipt available in both situations. Good luck!

[quote name='josh62488']are Wario Shake It & A Boy and his blob worth $10??

what about motorstorm pr on ps3? I was thinking about getting it b/c of the 3D?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chadt74']Is Transformers ROTF any good and worth $10? Saw that at my local Sears and didn't know if it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

If you want an idea about overall game quality, check metacritic.com for a compilation of online reviews. And, if you really like specific characters or game genres, the reviews probably don't matter at $10.

always good to see this thread blow up on a day I can get to a Sears! here's to hoping the one I go to has anything decent..looks like I may have them scanning an armful!

[quote name='gxer2002']dirt 2 for 360? looking for a 360 version.[/QUOTE]

no, sorry, ps3.

has anyone actually scanned the 360 version? how much is it?

Also might pick up Wet for 360 if I find it.

[quote name='skiizim']

PLEASE HELP!!!!![/QUOTE]

That happened to me at SEARS about two years ago with a PS2 game. I didn't bother even trying to return it, though, as it was only $3 and I didn't open it until many months later (way beyond a reasonable return time).

[quote name='Rozz']That happened to me at SEARS about two years ago with a PS2 game. I didn't bother even trying to return it, though, as it was only $3 and I didn't open it until many months later (way beyond a reasonable return time).[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened here with a copy of :ps3: Hot Shots Golf. Got home and noticed a small straight cut in the plastic. Sure enough, the game was gone. It was cheap enough not to worry about it, but still irksome.

Picked up the last Singstar Vol 2 Bundle at my local store for $4.97. Most all of the other drops mentioned above are active there too.

FYI - The entire bundle trades in for about $14 at GS right now with the current promotion.

I bought a PSP game last year in which the game was missing. Someone discretely sliced open the side of the shrinkwrap and pulled the UMD out. I didn't notice until I got home. I brought it back to Sears. At first they gave me a hard time and said the game had to be brought to security for investigation. But then I mentioned the game only cost $5 and it wasn't worth wasting time. Suddenly the cashier changed their tune. They let me pick any other game in the clearance section I wanted and would reduce the price to $5. So, I ended up getting a $15 game for $5.

Sskiizim, ask for the manager and complain. The store you purchased the game at should own up to this. You need to do this immediately as the return policy is almost up.

[quote name='thelonepig']Same thing happened here with a copy of :ps3: Hot Shots Golf. Got home and noticed a small straight cut in the plastic. Sure enough, the game was gone. It was cheap enough not to worry about it, but still irksome.[/QUOTE]

I bought Ninja Gaiden II out of a plastic security case a couple months ago and stupid me didn't realize until a week later that there was no shrinkwrap on it. I was just glad the disc was inside.

I got :wii: Excitebots W/wheel, :wii: Wario land shake it!, :wii: A boy and his blob, :wii: MLB 2k9 all $9.97 and
:ps3: Singstar vol. 2 bundle for $4.97

I wasn't going to stop until I saw some of the deals you guys got and now I'm glad I did. Thanks.

I wish I could get to a sears this weekend. Would love Muramasa and A Boy and His Blob for those prices. Hopefully I'll find some next weekend.

Also, I've really enjoyed Warioland Shake It and definitely think it's worth 10 bucks. It's not particularly difficult, but it is fun.

Kinda weird but i think they raised the price on some of the clerance games. Fallout GOTY was 19.95 last time now 24.99.

i don't know why i even try anymore, but i decided to check sears today to see if any of the good games being discussed here were on sale. and of course, everything had already been taken.

it's really no surprise. a few months ago, i talked to one of the employees and he said that the other employees always take the good stuff as soon as they mark it down and the rest gets bought up by some local hoarder who has bought 15+ games at a time in the past. i don't understand how that place stays in business.

[quote name='trent82']i don't know why i even try anymore, but i decided to check sears today to see if any of the good games being discussed here were on sale. and of course, everything had already been taken.

it's really no surprise. a few months ago, i talked to one of the employees and he said that the other employees always take the good stuff as soon as they mark it down and the rest gets bought up by some local hoarder who has bought 15+ games at a time in the past. i don't understand how that place stays in business.[/QUOTE]

so messed up. #-o

Will stop by sears again after work. To see if Transformers is 9.97 its tagged on the hanging rack for 14.97. Pain to have to look for an employee to unlock and scan it.

Went to a distant Sears where I made a good score once in the past. They had the usual clearance bin but for some reason most of the stuff in it (besides the current $10/$13 games) was $2.97!

This is super YMMV and probably just the one store but here's my haul, each game only $2.97.
:360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
:360: Popcap Arcade Vol. 1
:wii: SpyBorgs
:wii: Boom Blox
:psp: LocoRoco 2
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
:ps2: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
:ps2: Persona 3: FES (x2) shrinkwrap on both is torn though, grrr.

There was more but that's the best stuff. Knowing that in most Targets people buy the clearance games at $25 or higher, it just seems amazing that people left these games untouched.

[quote name='gxer2002']Will stop by sears again after work. To see if Transformers is 9.97 its tagged on the hanging rack for 14.97. Pain to have to look for an employee to unlock and scan it.[/QUOTE]

But if you truly want the deal, you have to put up with the annoyance of trying to find someone to unlock the case and scan it.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Went to a distant Sears where I made a good score once in the past. They had the usual clearance bin but for some reason most of the stuff in it (besides the current $10/$13 games) was $2.97!

This is super YMMV and probably just the one store but here's my haul, each game only $2.97.
:360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
:360: Popcap Arcade Vol. 1
:wii: SpyBorgs
:wii: Boom Blox
:psp: LocoRoco 2
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
:ps2: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
:ps2: Persona 3: FES (x2) shrinkwrap on both is torn though, grrr.

There was more but that's the best stuff. Knowing that in most Targets people buy the clearance games at $25 or higher, it just seems amazing that people left these games untouched.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to snag a :ps2: Persona 3: FES for ~$3, but the one copy I checked last month rang up $29.99 :cry:

I found some copies of :ds: Red Bull, but those rang up $9.97.:bomb:

bread's done
Back