Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='aleraiders']gamestop gives $6.30 w/ edge card, so i would suggestion dealtree, sears and gamestop are in the same mall, so i just dropped them off

im going to check some more sears, and trade them off to amazon ($9 also), if i can get any more[/QUOTE]

Not bad, gonna head back to 2 Sear's tommorow that were pretty loaded last time i checked. I need something to flip so i can afford RDR :(

[quote name='Toss']Got a bunch of motorstorm and dirt 2. The kid said they had a bunch more in back...he asked what I was looking for. He found me a 9.97 fallout 3 GOTY and a box cutter damaged ninja gaiden sigma 2, which I left. Viva pinata tip was 19.97.[/QUOTE]

I guess,
I'll return Fallout3 GOTY that I bought for $20
and try to find it for less from other Sears.

[quote name='lamuh13']I guess,
I'll return Fallout3 GOTY that I bought for $20
and try to find it for less from other Sears.[/QUOTE]

You might want to try to find it for less first before returning it. It's gotten pretty hard to find at this point.

[quote name='converse']Just a thought here, but it would be nice if we could get the Sears stock # on the games that you guys are finding. You can actually call Sears and ask for inventory if you have that stock #. It's not the UPC, it's a 8-10 digit number on the price tag.

I'm curious for one the # for Imagine Family Doctor if anyone has it. I'll pull the #'s from my finds too if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

if you could man that would be awesome!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Is that with or without the 30% bonus?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like with, since the last confirmed price was $5, and Gamestop tends to be quick to pick up on a massive spike in trade ins for a game, so the base price is most likely $4.50.

[quote name='converse']Just a thought here, but it would be nice if we could get the Sears stock # on the games that you guys are finding. You can actually call Sears and ask for inventory if you have that stock #. It's not the UPC, it's a 8-10 digit number on the price tag.

I'm curious for one the # for Imagine Family Doctor if anyone has it. I'll pull the #'s from my finds too if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

This it?

D58 M90283 X

[quote name='Dark Firstborn']Just came back from my sears... I didn't see anything in the ps3 section I think they sold out. I did see bakugan for 9.99 even though it was priced at 39.99. I was hoping for sigma 2, dirt 2 , pacific rift and wolfenstein but none were in stock. DAMN![/QUOTE]

i feel your pain.. :bomb:

I think all the copies of NGS2, MPT and Fallout3 GOTY sold out at my Sears when those dropped to $19.97. So, I can relate to not being able to find those for cheap at Sears, but hopefully you can pick up NGS2 at Target for $14.98.

[quote name='kk012']I think all the copies of NGS2, MPT and Fallout3 GOTY sold out at my Sears when those dropped to $19.97. So, I can relate to not being able to find those for cheap at Sears, but hopefully you can pick up NGS2 at Target for $14.98.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Fall OUT 3 GOTY but at regular price only the standard was at 19.99.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Just bought Dirt 2 (PS3) for $13 and Wolfenstein (PS3) for $10. I'm having buyer's remorse for Wolfenstein. Might return it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

why is that?

Just have to say thanks for this thread!

Pulled in 3x Imagine Family Doctor (left 3 in the bin as well) as well as the last Viva Pinata TiP.

Helped me pay off my Alan Wake CE at GameStop.

Thanks!

I found

:wii: Boy and his Blob for $9.97

Kinda disappointed I picked up Muramasa when it was $15 a few weeks ago. I haven't even started it yet so I feel a bit silly jumping on it so fast.

My Leominster, MA Sears has Fallout GOY for 59.99. I can't believe the lucky CAGers that are finding this cheap.

[quote name='Seraph830']Kinda disappointed I picked up Muramasa when it was $15 a few weeks ago. I haven't even started it yet so I feel a bit silly jumping on it so fast.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel silly. Maybe someone else would have bought it. And if you end up liking it at $15, $10 wouldn't have made a huge difference.

You could always try taking the game and receipt to the store. I tell them I want to return it and then put it on a different credit card. YMMV. But it has worked for me in the past.

A bunch of Singstar Vol. 2 with Microphone :ps3: at my store for $4.97. I would pick them up to ship to people, but shipping would be too much to be a good deal due to the weight.

[quote name='Drkirby']This it?

D58 M90283 X[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank you! It's on the receipt a little different, probably 58 90283.

For example:
58 96444 PS3 Guitar Hero Metallica
58 96356 PS3 Motorstorm Pacific Rift
58 96373 PS3 Singstar Vol 2 w/Mic
58 92717 Wii Muramasa the Demon Blade
58 96493 PS3 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
58 81355 PS3 Ninja Gaiden II
58 92704 Wii Guitar Hero Smash Hits

If we can get these numbers with the finds, it would be very helpful!

Also, not sure if others have tried it but I've done it the past month now (this weekend and 1 month ago) -- you can return and rebuy the merchandise within 30 days at the lower clearance price. Not sure if this is YMMV, but I have yet to face any challenges with it. One thing I have noticed though is that once the quantity of an item is zero at a location it freezes the price at that point. So you can't always get them to do the return/rebuy if there are no copies left at that location. It's helpful to scan the games before returning them to see if there are any available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried searching but I cant seem to pinpoint the exact answer to my question... if I do a trade with gazelle or dealtree, i.e. imagine family doctor @ $9, and they agree/give me the postage/etc, and while it's in transit the value drops to, say, $1, do I still get my $9? Can I ship it factory sealed or do I need to open it first? And lastly, WHERE is dealtree exactly? The main .com webpage for them doesn't seem to have tradeins (or it confuses me if it does), and the one through ebay doesn't seem to take video games? Sorry I'm sure this has all been asked before I just couldn't find it.

[quote name='callmewoof']I tried searching but I cant seem to pinpoint the exact answer to my question... if I do a trade with gazelle or dealtree, i.e. imagine family doctor @ $9, and they agree/give me the postage/etc, and while it's in transit the value drops to, say, $1, do I still get my $9? Can I ship it factory sealed or do I need to open it first? And lastly, WHERE is dealtree exactly? The main .com webpage for them doesn't seem to have tradeins (or it confuses me if it does), and the one through ebay doesn't seem to take video games? Sorry I'm sure this has all been asked before I just couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]
Try the forums for Gazelle or Dealtree. All things considered equal I would choose Gazelle over DealTree 7 days a week. DealTree has had some deals on TIV's which have helped increase their value. If you lock in a TIV it should be good for the time specified at the site. http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

A GR Sears had a bin listed for $2.XX - $29.XX clearance. A series of the titles listed here was there. They did had multiple Viva Pinata marked at $2.XX and I left them due to the probability I would have actually played the game. I went to grab a XB copy of Far Cry 2 after missing a series of deals in the past and walked out with a copy. Left one copy both platforms. PS3 version was marked $9.XX

This Sears has done a series of interesting things with their games. They had a rack set of Greatest Hits games PS3/360 over the clearance bin. They had a lot of games. This Sears also already had Lost Planet 2 PS3 on their racks but again I passed due to interest.

[quote name='ronfear']My Leominster, MA Sears has Fallout GOY for 59.99. I can't believe the lucky CAGers that are finding this cheap.[/QUOTE]

That Sears seems to have a lot of stuff that isn't clearanced that is at other stores. BTW was there anything worthwhile there?

[quote name='ronfear']My Leominster, MA Sears has Fallout GOY for 59.99. I can't believe the lucky CAGers that are finding this cheap.[/QUOTE]

Th 360 version is still $60 everywhere. The people who pick up a copy for $20 picked up the PS3 version.

[quote name='converse']Just a thought here, but it would be nice if we could get the Sears stock # on the games that you guys are finding. You can actually call Sears and ask for inventory if you have that stock #. It's not the UPC, it's a 8-10 digit number on the price tag.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get to excited if you call and they say the inventory system says it has one or two in stock. When I use to work at sears our inventory system was always a little off on games due to theft or other reasons. I would only make the trip out if they told you the system said it had minimum 3 on hand.

[quote name='TheYung1']I wouldn't get to excited if you call and they say the inventory system says it has one or two in stock. When I use to work at sears our inventory system was always a little off on games due to theft or other reasons. I would only make the trip out if they told you the system said it had minimum 3 on hand.[/QUOTE]
Right, I understand. At the same time if they say they have zero, they often do not have it in stock. When I've got a number of Sears in a radius it helps to eliminate stores for certain items.

Oh, found Tigger 2008 for the PSP seems to be $1.97. Also, the PS2 version is $2.97, my bet is it drops to $.97 next month.

Took 4 stores, but I finally found Muramasa :D

[quote name='Drkirby']Oh, found Tigger 2008 for the PSP seems to be $1.97. Also, the PS2 version is $2.97, my bet is it drops to $.97 next month.

Took 4 stores, but I finally found Muramasa :D[/QUOTE]

that's determination right there! :whee:

Not bad at all, went to 2 stores so far and found.....

Bakugan (360 and 12.99)
MUA2 (PS3 and 9.99)
Viva Pinata (2.99)
And 7 copies of Imagine Doctor (Dont judge me)

On the way to the 3rd soon, hoping for Fallout or Muramasa

[quote name='dgwillia006']And 7 copies of Imagine Doctor (Dont judge me)
[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is going to be flooded with this game, I love seeing all the copies of Sudokuball Detective and Nerf Elite Wii collecting dust on the shelves.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']MUA2 for 360 isn't on clearance correct? Haven't seen a copy yet to scan.[/QUOTE]

nope. scanned at 29.99 for me yesterday.

Picked up two imagines at the Chapel Hill Mall in Ohio. One was out in the bin marked $14.97 and one was in the glass case marked $.97 :p

[quote name='gxer2002']what's with ppl buying imagine doctor? are you guys flipping it somewhere or you really enjoy the game that much?[/QUOTE]
Do you really not know the answer to that, or are you trying to be funny?

[quote name='gxer2002']what's with ppl buying imagine doctor? are you guys flipping it somewhere or you really enjoy the game that much?[/QUOTE]

buy it for .97 and flip it at gamestop for 6.30 or dealtree or amazon for 9

my wife actually played the game and she said its a kids game, putting bandaids on cuts, wrapping wounds, etc etc....

[quote name='callmewoof']I tried searching but I cant seem to pinpoint the exact answer to my question... if I do a trade with gazelle or dealtree, i.e. imagine family doctor @ $9, and they agree/give me the postage/etc, and while it's in transit the value drops to, say, $1, do I still get my $9? Can I ship it factory sealed or do I need to open it first? And lastly, WHERE is dealtree exactly? The main .com webpage for them doesn't seem to have tradeins (or it confuses me if it does), and the one through ebay doesn't seem to take video games? Sorry I'm sure this has all been asked before I just couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

if u lock in ur TIV at 9, even if it drops as long as u locked in the TIV (meaning actually went threw the with the trade, u get the value that u were given) you have i think a week or so to actually send out the trade after u get ur postage and everything

[quote name='aleraiders']just flipped imagine family doctor (DS - $0.97 from sears) to game stop for $6.30 w/ edge card

also saw lego rockband, motorstorm pr, bakugan and wolfenstein for 9.97 all for ps3[/QUOTE]

sorry for the multiple posts

scored few games today at sears. Dirt 2 (360) $13, Motostorm: Pacific (PS3) $10, Lego Rock Band (PS3) $10, loco roco 2 (PSP) $5, MLB 2k9 (PS3) $5, Murasa: Demon Blade (Wii) $10 :)

Pretty epic day, all in all i ended up with...
MUA2 (PS3, 9.99)
Viva Pinata 2.99
Muramasa 9.99
Bakugan (360 12.99, i saw a bunch of PS3 9.99's but i already had some of the achievements for the 360 version)
11ish copies of Imagine Doctor (I cleaned out all of the stores in a 50 mile radius @_@. only one place i didnt go to)

Gonna be busy for a while ^_^, more games for the backlog, also getting Lost Planet 2 for only 10ish dollars=Ftw

Grabbed the last 3 copies of Red Bull for spare cases at $.47. Also picked up a copy of Too Human for 9.97, might take it back though. Undecided if I really care about it that much.

OK.

I guess I'm gonna be making a trip to the two closest Sears to clear out the following Imagine games(for flipping purposes:evil:):

Imagine Artist
Imagine Babysitters
Imagine Babyz Fashion
Imagine Boutique Owner
Imagine Cheerleader
Imagine Detective
Imagine Family Doctor
Imagine Fashion Designer New York
Imagine Fashion Designer World Tour
Imagine Makeup Artist
Imagine Master Chef
Imagine Teacher: Class Trip
Imagine Reporter

FYI: Those ALL get above $5 in TIV at DealTree/Best Buy and may prompt me to sign up for a Paypal account to get cash instead of credit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK.

I guess I'm gonna be making a trip to the two closest Sears to clear out the following Imagine games(for flipping purposes:evil:):

Imagine Artist
Imagine Babysitters
Imagine Babyz Fashion
Imagine Boutique Owner
Imagine Cheerleader
Imagine Detective
Imagine Family Doctor
Imagine Fashion Designer New York
Imagine Fashion Designer World Tour
Imagine Makeup Artist
Imagine Master Chef
Imagine Teacher: Class Trip
Imagine Reporter

FYI: Those ALL get above $5 in TIV at DealTree/Best Buy and may prompt me to sign up for a Paypal account to get cash instead of credit.[/QUOTE]

Are any of them on clearance? I don't recall any reports other than Family Doctor.

Yeah, im fairly sure only Doctor is at a price worth flipping, i saw those others though. (If they ARE on sale too, looks like im gonna make a late night trip tonight, saw a good 10+ other imagine Games at Sear's down the street.)

I should have asked for a scan though :(, but the lady at the register was pissing me off.

Either way, im betting the TIV is gonna drop soon, like within a few days. Gamestop catches on quick. (Heck, i traded atleast one copy into every Gamestop in the area XD, and the manager of the one down the street said he had gotten like 3 other copies already and he was planning to trade some in that he grabbed after he got off work)

bread's done
Back