Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='shoe478']Didn't you see his location? That explains everything.[/QUOTE]
This might be true.....I tend to run hot when someone pushes my buttons or is very rude. If he said that to me, I might have waited for him outside. (I kid :), I don't want to be arrested for assualt again, double kid:D)

[quote name='shoe478']Didn't you see his location? That explains everything.[/QUOTE]

so your sayin all new yorkers are rude huh?, lol. BIG misconception, i live in PA but im originally from the brooklyn/queens area. Sure...maybe were cocky, but ive noticed from living in NEPA (hickville) , people are very unpersonable and look surprised when i offer to help them with something/anything. These rednecks lack social skills, lol.

[quote name='lude21']so your sayin all new yorkers are rude huh?, lol. BIG misconception, i live in PA but im originally from the brooklyn/queens area. Sure...maybe were cocky, but ive noticed from living in NEPA (hickville) , people are very unpersonable and look surprised when i offer to help them with something/anything. These rednecks lack social skills, lol.[/QUOTE]

Them thar's fightin' words in my area of Hickville.;) But if you give me one of the copies of Imagine: Family Doctor ya picked up I might forget all about it.:D

Picked up a copy of Imagine Family Doctor...gave it to my gf. Got a copy of Dirt 2 for myself. They actually were putting the clearance items out when I got there...all stickered with the new prices...except Imagine.

[quote name='Readthepost']I heard the dumb comment from a Sears employee yesterday.
Jersery City, NJ 2pm
There was a white 40s year old guy trying to buy a Blu-ray player and an Indian (maybe Pakistanian?) employee at a register next to me. They were comparing a blu-ray player on the Sears website and the one at the store.

Employee: "It's the same thing, but the website is .05 cent cheaper".
White guy: "Are they the same model?"
Employee: "Yes, this one is model number xxxxxxxxxx."
White guy: "What, wait, can you write the model number so that I can compare it with the one back there."
Employee: "It's model number xxxxxxxxx, just remember the number."
White guy: "My memory isn't that good." He looked embarrassed.
Me to the employee: "You're an asshole" "This customer asked you to write the model number and you said "just remember it"?"
Me to the white guy: "This guy is an asshole, you should complain".
Employee to me: "Don't use that kind of language."
Me: "Then do your job, you lazy ass."
Employee print a little piece of paper and wrote the number down.
White guy to me: "Thanks"

By the way, this is what was left.
PS3 Wet $9.99 2 left
PS3 Wolfenstein $9.99 1 left
PS3 Forelore $14.99 1 left[/QUOTE]

I'm still not sure what race has to do with any of this.

(By the way: it's Pakistani, not "Pakistanian".)

Picked up 4 games today for the PS3 on clearance:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers: 9.97
Guitar Hero smash Hits: 9.97
Guitar Hero Metallica: 9.97
Guitar Hero World Tour: 9.97

And I also picked up Red Dead Redemption that Sears had already put on the shelf for the PS3!

[quote name='groundskeeper']And I also picked up Red Dead Redemption that Sears had already put on the shelf for the PS3![/QUOTE]

The Sears that I was in this afternoon already had Alan Wake out on the shelf. I passed on it, though, because it was only the regular edition, and I have the collector's edition pre-ordered with a coupon. I can wait a few more days. But, if anyone's in a real hurry for it, it might be worth checking Sears (YMMV, of course).

[quote name='jebnaut']I'm still not sure what race has to do with any of this.

(By the way: it's Pakistani, not "Pakistanian".)[/QUOTE]

*southern accent* He had to help out fellow white from the terrorist looking guy. WHITE power!

/sarcasm, for those with a broken detector.

[quote name='groundskeeper']And I also picked up Red Dead Redemption that Sears had already put on the shelf for the PS3![/QUOTE]

Also, if you get a chance to try it this weekend, please let us know whether there's anything to Cheapy's comment that he's heard that the PS3 version is "significantly inferior". Obviously you can't try it against the 360 version or anything like that, but let us know if anything stands out in the way of performance problems, glitches, crashes, etc. I've got the PS3 version pre-ordered, but after Cheapy's comment I've been debating whether to switch it.

[quote name='Bezerker']It wasnt cheapy's comment, it was cheapy's quote.[/QUOTE]

Read again . . . "Cheapy's comment that he's heard that . . . "

Anyway, regardless, hoping that we get some reports from people who manage to get it early, while it's still possible to change/cancel the pre-order if necessary.

[quote name='arcane93']Also, if you get a chance to try it this weekend, please let us know whether there's anything to Cheapy's comment that he's heard that the PS3 version is "significantly inferior". Obviously you can't try it against the 360 version or anything like that, but let us know if anything stands out in the way of performance problems, glitches, crashes, etc. I've got the PS3 version pre-ordered, but after Cheapy's comment I've been debating whether to switch it.[/QUOTE]

So far I do not see any major issues. The faces look a little lifeless and eyes a bit creepy. There are some artifacts here and there. Load times to get going seemed long but while playing the game seemed to flow smooth. Definitely setup like a GTA game. Has some basic cover type shooting. I did get into a duel. So far rode a horse and a horse and wagon. (No cars I saw in the first two towns yet.)

I am not a reviewer but I have played quite a few games. It is fun, but something feels just a bit off about the game. I plan to play a few more hours tonight and get further into the game.

Never had much luck at the Woodfield Mall (Chicago area) Sears before, but I saw a couple of PS3 titles today that aren't in the OP:

$14.97 :ps3: Lego Rock Band
$14.97 :ps3: Far Cry 2

The latter of which I picked up, and rang up for $9.97! Lego Rock Band may be the same but I didn't check.

[quote name='jebnaut']I'm still not sure what race has to do with any of this.

(By the way: it's Pakistani, not "Pakistanian".)[/QUOTE]
Race didn't have anything to do with it. I wroting more details than needed, I guess. I even put the location and time, what the customer was buying in my post.
I'll try to leave out unnecessary info in my future posts.

BTW I'm Asian. And I had no idea how to write "Pakistani", thanks for the info.

PS why is everyone reading so much into race? I really didn't mean anything by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zippon']"This guy was slightly rude, so I called him an a-hole twice, then a lazy ass. I sure showed him!" \\:D/[/QUOTE]
The employee did write the model number down for the customer...again, the results is what matters.:bouncy:

[quote name='warmsignal']*southern accent* He had to help out fellow white from the terrorist looking guy. WHITE power!

/sarcasm, for those with a broken detector.[/QUOTE]
LOL:lol:

[quote name='Readthepost']

PS why is everyone reading so much into race? I really didn't mean anything by it.[/QUOTE]

Because you felt the need to add "pakistani[an]" to your descriptor. If race didn't matter (to you) why mention it? The point of the anecdote is that he's a bad clerk right? So why mention his race. He's just a clerk, same as any other clerk. ahole or not.

[quote name='confoosious']Because you felt the need to add "pakistani[an]" to your descriptor. If race didn't matter (to you) why mention it? The point of the anecdote is that he's a bad clerk right? So why mention his race. He's just a clerk, same as any other clerk. ahole or not.[/QUOTE]
Because they wanted to be descriptive in their post and didn't know that people have a flying kinipshit over people mentioning someone else's race in a story?

[quote name='confoosious']Because you felt the need to add "pakistani[an]" to your descriptor. If race didn't matter (to you) why mention it? The point of the anecdote is that he's a bad clerk right? So why mention his race. He's just a clerk, same as any other clerk. ahole or not.[/QUOTE]
As I admitted before, I wrote more than needed. My mistake.

*This is a joke*
We can read more into the fact that a white guy and an asian guy is shopping (not working) while a Indian/Pakistani is working on a weekday at 2:00pm.
*Again this was a joke...maybe funny to some and not to others*

[quote name='groundskeeper']It is fun, but something feels just a bit off about the game.[/QUOTE]

Hm . . . well, if you manage to figure out what that is, do let us know. I'm curious, to say the least, whether the "a bit off" is version specific, or the game in general. I've read an article or two from people who got to play an advance preview at Rockstar's studios who seemed to think it was awesome, but they didn't specify which version they played.

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because they wanted to be descriptive in their post and didn't know that people have a flying kinipshit over people mentioning someone else's race in a story?[/QUOTE]

you know i don't take anything you say seriously. Not as in non-joking. As in I just dismiss it.

I was just answering his question as to why everyone went nuts.

I forgot to mention my pickups from yesterday:

Marvel Ultimate Alilance 2:ps3:-$9.97
Singstar Vol. 2:ps3:-$4.97

One left on MUA2 for PS3.

I also saw a copy of WET for PS3 while there and some of the other clearance titles. They had them all(except Singstar Vol. 2) out in one of the big metal bins they use for clearance.

[quote name='confoosious']you know i don't take anything you say seriously. Not as in non-joking. As in I just dismiss it.

I was just answering his question as to why everyone went nuts.[/QUOTE]
And I sorta quasi-answered it as well. I get a kick out of people having a stroke over someone saying anything that denotes race as being a negative comment rather than someone being overly descriptive.

Last edited by a moderator:
send me all of the family pet doctors you can find i want to piss off my roommate more :)
they knocked over my stack of games last night and screamed

CAN YOU GET ANY MORE #$#$#$ GAMES

love to see their face if i had like 100 pet doctors

of course im joking like i really have room for more of these games ..... THough i did buy one off amazon for a gift and its not that bad of a game to play

I forgot to post this a couple of days ago but i bought 10 copies of Imagine Family Doctor. I traded most of them in to get a copy of LP2.

Before
1274043261.jpg

After
1274043092.jpg

[quote name='slidecage']send me all of the family pet doctors you can find i want to piss off my roommate more :)
they knocked over my stack of games last night and screamed

CAN YOU GET ANY MORE #$#$#$ GAMES

love to see their face if i had like 100 pet doctors

of course im joking like i really have room for more of these games ..... THough i did buy one off amazon for a gift and its not that bad of a game to play[/QUOTE]
Wait till the inevitable Best Buy coupon glitch this month, then clear out every BB store within a 100 mile radius.:lol: Oh wait. That's my MO.;)

[quote name='jebnaut']I cannot clearly view the games in question because it appears you have some sort of rat infestation.[/QUOTE]

It's Lost Planet 2 and i will take care of the vermin problem asap.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait till the inevitable Best Buy coupon glitch this month, then clear out every BB store within a 100 mile radius.:lol: Oh wait. That's my MO.;)[/QUOTE]

I do want to follow Mike_Toole's idea and build a fort. I wish I hadn't slept in on the sunday the Nerf game was free because I could easily build a fort with 30 of those big boxes. :p

[quote name='dabamus']I do want to follow Mike_Toole's idea and build a fort. I wish I hadn't slept in on the sunday the Nerf game was free because I could easily build a fort with 30 of those big boxes. :p[/QUOTE]

The 3 copies I picked up ended up being my gas money for that week.

Needless to say it wouldn't take too many of those to build a fort. :lol:

A couple of notable mentions @ my Sears last night was Spyborgs for $2.95, Lego Rockband (PS3) for $9.97, & an 80 gig PS3 :hot:...they must have dug that one out of the back corner of the warehouse. It was still $299.99 however.

[quote name='dabamus']I do want to follow Mike_Toole's idea and build a fort. I wish I hadn't slept in on the sunday the Nerf game was free because I could easily build a fort with 30 of those big boxes. :p[/QUOTE]
Had I been more discreet and just walked up with 3 at a time as far as copies of that CrimeCraft PC MMO game went, I could've had enough packages from that game to make a whole frickin' castle, as my local BB stores had THAT many copies of it.

What sucks is that I gave all four copies of it to my one buddy(since he likes shooters) figuring he would play it for the 8 months or so that the activation codes allowed for when stacked, but he hasn't even touched the damn game and it's sitting on his brother-in-law's coffee table.

I still say that if they allowed you to switch sides withou having to switch characters/accounts in the Star Trek MMO I would probably join that if it's an action MMO just for the lulz of betraying my shipmates every other day.;)

Looks like the Clearance section is clean pickings now :(, went back yesterday to grab a Dirt 2 to use in the Gamestop Trade 2 special, and they were all gone. (They had like 5+ just the other day).

Looks like CAGers have cleaned the place out. (Though, i beat everyone to Family Doctor :D, 12 copies ftw)

Went back to a sears I hit last week. Found a bunch of stuff they didn't have on the sales floor then.
5x Imagine Family Doctor
3x Viva Pinata TIP

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Had I been more discreet and just walked up with 3 at a time as far as copies of that CrimeCraft PC MMO game went, I could've had enough packages from that game to make a whole frickin' castle, as my local BB stores had THAT many copies of it.

What sucks is that I gave all four copies of it to my one buddy(since he likes shooters) figuring he would play it for the 8 months or so that the activation codes allowed for when stacked, but he hasn't even touched the damn game and it's sitting on his brother-in-law's coffee table.

I still say that if they allowed you to switch sides withou having to switch characters/accounts in the Star Trek MMO I would probably join that if it's an action MMO just for the lulz of betraying my shipmates every other day.;)[/QUOTE]

I grabbed quite a few copies of Crime Craft knowing full well that it had little to no flipping potential, which is fine by me. I'm glad to know that it stacks w/ the activation codes.

It's not my fav MMO, but for a free game it's decent. I do like the mix of FPS/MMO.

I used to play City of Heroes/Villains (my fav MMO), but couldn't justify the $15/month although it's definitely worth it.

I'm going to have to wait until the next markdown cycle for VP:TiP and BK:N&B to go down to (hopefully) $2.97. Still disappointed they're still ringing up $19.99 here.

how much is Family Doctor? I am pretty sure my local Sears has a good amount of these

edit - hmmm so 97 cents and $4.50 credit at GS? damn I might head over tomorrow and see if I can flip for Red Dead or Alan Wake cheap

[quote name='dan13l858']I forgot to post this a couple of days ago but i bought 10 copies of Imagine Family Doctor. I traded most of them in to get a copy of LP2.[/QUOTE]

from what i hear, you are better off keeping those copies of family doctor

[quote name='aleraiders']from what i hear, you are better off keeping those copies of family doctor[/QUOTE]

Why would he? The price has been dropping, its probally gonna tank sometime this week

[quote name='dgwillia006']Why would he? The price has been dropping, its probally gonna tank sometime this week[/QUOTE]

i ment, that LP2 sucks, meaning keeping that credit for another game

It sucks to hear of so many people having trouble with the employees. I picked up viva pinata and MUA2 last month and had buyer's remorse on the former. Went back the other day and returned the viva pinata with no problem, and while the cashier was doing the return I added "I also think the other game I bought dropped in price, would I be able to get credited back for that?" and she gave me the $5 on it. felt good.
Also, picked up Fallout 3 GOTY for 9.97 and 2x Family Doctor for .97 ea
Gave one to a coworker for his niece and traded the other for $6.30 @ GS. Thinking about going back for another copy for my own niece.

bread's done
Back