Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='-Pez-']
Gave one to a coworker for his niece and traded the other for $6.30 @ GS. Thinking about going back for another copy for my own niece.[/QUOTE]

You are an awesome uncle! Nice way to put family first!

Tried to get Superman Returns for the cheap price listed on the first page of the thread but it hasn't been updated in a while so I did not know that it was out of system ($0.00).

[quote name='YoungE808']Tried to get Superman Returns for the cheap price listed on the first page of the thread but it hasn't been updated in a while so I did not know that it was out of system ($0.00).[/QUOTE]

maybe it just dropped out..i picked it up 2 weeks ago for 1.97

[quote name='Drabelincoln']maybe it just dropped out..i picked it up 2 weeks ago for 1.97[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. That's most likely what happened.

Are these games normally marked? I went in there today and they had nothing.

Fallout 3: GOTY was still the same price it normally was.

Sorry, i've been reading a ton of pages and haven't exactly gotten to that.

[quote name='Mag215']Are these games normally marked? I went in there today and they had nothing.

Fallout 3: GOTY was still the same price it normally was.[/QUOTE]

Did you scan it?

[quote name='illennium']Did you scan it?[/QUOTE]

yeah, he wasn't too happy about doing it.

Pretty sad considering i was the only customer in the store.

Checked some other games i've heard were on-sale at Sears and they were the same price. Guess my Sears just sucks.

[quote name='Mag215']yeah, he wasn't too happy about doing it.

Pretty sad considering i was the only customer in the store.

Checked some other games i've heard were on-sale at Sears and they were the same price. Guess my Sears just sucks.[/QUOTE]

i've never had a problem when i asked someone to scan something...i usually say i want to look at something in the case..grab a few and tell them that my friend recently purchased these and they were on clearance at another sears location and i'd like to make sure they were before i bought them. I find if you tell them someone else got it for this they are more inclined to do it for you...less sighs ,whatnot from them.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']i've never had a problem when i asked someone to scan something...i usually say i want to look at something in the case..grab a few and tell them that my friend recently purchased these and they were on clearance at another sears location and i'd like to make sure they were before i bought them. I find if you tell them someone else got it for this they are more inclined to do it for you...less sighs ,whatnot from them.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow and going to be passing by another Sears. I'm going to try that over there.

Thanks for the help. I'll post if it works.

[quote name='Mag215']Good idea. I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow and going to be passing by another Sears. I'm going to try that over there.

Thanks for the help. I'll post if it works.[/QUOTE]

Give it a try...i worked in retail and the last thing anyone wants is a confrontational customer. The "my friend got this for xx amount" almost comes off as confrontational...but the conversation could go anywhere at that point. Anyhow thats just how I think and its been working for me...YMMV

Final Fantasy IV (DS) scanned for $19.99 at one store, $4.97 at another one.

Also picked up Imagine Family Doctor (DS) for $0.97.

I just picked 5 copies of Family Doctor, two copies of Hot Shots Golf and one (the last) copy of Medieval Games...

Which other games are on sale at Sears?

jrfz37.jpg

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']TIV at GameStop[/QUOTE]

Cash or credit? Someone just said a couple pages back that it gets $4.50 in credit there

[quote name='lolwut?']Cash or credit? Someone just said a couple pages back that it gets $4.50 in credit there[/QUOTE]

Credit I believe (Including extra 30% promotion + Edge)

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Still no luck in the SoCal area for those who care. Hoarders/employees galore taking stuff.[/QUOTE]

wutcha looking for?

has anyone picked up fallout3 goty for 360 on the cheap yet? i just started the reg edition recently n really have been diggin it

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I just picked 5 copies of Family Doctor, two copies of Hot Shots Golf and one (the last) copy of Medieval Games...

Which other games are on sale at Sears?[/QUOTE]

wii - tna impact - $1.97 @ sears, $4.20 TIV at GS w/edge card

[quote name='aleraiders']wii - tna impact - $1.97 @ sears, $4.20 TIV at GS w/edge card[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip... I saw several copies of that game, but I didn't ask them to scan them...

What about music games? I saw a lot of versions of Guitar Hero (and I mean, a lot) for the three systems...

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Thanks for the tip... I saw several copies of that game, but I didn't ask them to scan them...

What about music games? I saw a lot of versions of Guitar Hero (and I mean, a lot) for the three systems...[/QUOTE]

Well I know for sure Guitar Hero:World Tour (Game Only) and GH:Metallica are $9.97 for the PS3

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Are people seeing the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Lego Rock Band prices at $9.97 or is it very YMMV? Do these prices work at Kmart too?[/QUOTE]

I picked up :ps3:MUA2 for $10

Also I got a bunch of Muramasa: Demon Blade if anyone wants one PM me.

How much is heavenly sword going for and is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 9.97 on 360 too? Does Medievil Games trade in well somewhere?

It is amazing they don't have more games on clearance given some of the old games they have that had many price drops already everywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
:ps3: singstar vol 2 - $4.97

The outer box was opened, but the game was still sealed, and the mic and cords were still factory wrapped and tied. I plan on checking this out and if it sucks it is getting traded in to GS for what I paid for it.

I don't think I've seen it mentioned, but I scanned Final Fantasy IV on the DS earlier today and it came up $4.97.

If anyone wants a copy and is willing to pay $10 shipped I'll go back tomorrow and pick it up

[quote name='lolwut?']I don't think I've seen it mentioned, but I scanned Final Fantasy IV on the DS earlier today and it came up $4.97.

If anyone wants a copy and is willing to pay $10 shipped I'll go back tomorrow and pick it up[/QUOTE]

It's a small flip for you, but you can also net $9 Amazon credit if you so choose.

[quote name='david12795']i always have the worst luck :(

bioshock for ps3 rang up $20
Persona FES $20
Rachet & Clank TOD for $20[/QUOTE]
The original Bioshock for the PS3 has been $20 for a while now, ever since I found a lone copy just after the new year at the one Sears that had 2-3 copies I was watching when they were on the clearance schedule.

I had hoped to buy one at $1.97 or $.97, but they must've stashed that one copy in the back, then corporate decided to remove it or mark it back up in the system as a value priced game.:roll:

[quote name='estofan']It's a small flip for you, but you can also net $9 Amazon credit if you so choose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw, and thank you for pointing it out. I just rather have the $10 cash than $18 Amazon credit though. Everywhere that pays in cash only gave out around $7, and it wasn't worth the effort to make $4 IMO.

Just picked up Transformers Revenge of the Fallen for ps3 for $10 in Neshanamy Mall. They had 2 left as well as other clearance games that are listed elsewhere on the site.

I just picked up :ps3: Bakugan Battle Brawlers and :ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica, and much to my surprise they rang up at $4.96, not $9.97 like I expected. I scanned :wii: A Boy and His Blob and that was still at $9.97, though, so I'm not sure when these dropped.

Nice pickups Rave Child. I'll keep a lookout for GH:M.

I was wondering if anyone is still seeing some clearance wireless bluetooths(teeth?)? My friend just got a PS3 and he needs one.

[quote name='Rave Child']I just picked up :ps3: Bakugan Battle Brawlers and :ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica, and much to my surprise they rang up at $4.96, not $9.97 like I expected. I scanned :wii: A Boy and His Blob and that was still at $9.97, though, so I'm not sure when these dropped.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the store you hit was doing an extra 40-50% off the normal clearance prices? That's the only reason I could think of as to why some of the games came up cheaper.

As for me I checked my closest Sears yesterday and every copy of DIRT 2, MUA 2 and just about every other clearance game on the list were GONE.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The original Bioshock for the PS3 has been $20 for a while now, ever since I found a lone copy just after the new year at the one Sears that had 2-3 copies I was watching when they were on the clearance schedule.

I had hoped to buy one at $1.97 or $.97, but they must've stashed that one copy in the back, then corporate decided to remove it or mark it back up in the system as a value priced game.:roll:[/QUOTE]

well....i still had bad luck because i can never find ANY clearance games mentioned here in this thread :p

Was just at my local Sear today. Unfortunately, there were no copies of Muramasa. But they did have the first Endless Ocean game, which I haven't seen in store in a while.

[quote name='david12795']well....i still had bad luck because i can never find ANY clearance games mentioned here in this thread :p[/QUOTE]
I usually am able to go back and cherry pick whatever is left at 90% off most times, but it would seem that one of the other local hoarders rolled through and nabbed everything that was left.

Lucky for me I already grabbed Singstar Vol. 2 and MUA2 when I was there the other day or those would've been gone too.:cry:

I also talked with another CAG who hits sections of NY and PA(and sometimes NJ) and he told me he hit the one store I was hoping to score a FO3 GOTY from.:roll::cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I usually am able to go back and cherry pick whatever is left at 90% off most times, but it would seem that one of the other local hoarders rolled through and nabbed everything that was left.

Lucky for me I already grabbed Singstar Vol. 2 and MUA2 when I was there the other day or those would've been gone too.:cry:

I also talked with another CAG who hits sections of NY and PA(and sometimes NJ) and he told me he hit the one store I was hoping to score a FO3 GOTY from.:roll::cry:[/QUOTE]

Ugh I been wanting to get sing star since a few friends of my mine played it at the sony style store, especially at a clearance price.

[quote name='david12795']Ugh I been wanting to get sing star since a few friends of my mine played it at the sony style store, especially at a clearance price.[/QUOTE]
Then you'll especially hate that I also was able to pick up the first Singstar bundle last year or so from Sears for $1.97.:razz:

But if you're looking for some Singstar games, try Kmart as there's a bunch on clearance there too. They even had a $14.99 bundle of Singstar Vol. 1 for the PS3 for Christmas this year at Kmart.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then you'll especially hate that I also was able to pick up the first Singstar bundle last year or so from Sears for $1.97.:razz:

But if you're looking for some Singstar games, try Kmart as there's a bunch on clearance there too. They even had a $14.99 bundle of Singstar Vol. 1 for the PS3 for Christmas this year at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

its all good. sears was basically the "only" deal i missed out on, aside from all those, GS, DT, BBV, BB, HWV deals, im pretty much contented :p it makes up for my losses at sears. lol

but ill keep my eyes on those kmart clearances. i would love to get singstar for $1.97 if im lucky.

i can't find fallout 3 GOTY anywhere, has anyone checked if the clearance price applies to the 360 version? or is it still just the PS3 version

bread's done
Back