Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I want to give my PS3 some love, but I only buy exclusive games for it... any good deal in a PS3 exclusive game besides Motorstorm: Pacific Rift?[/QUOTE]

If you can still find it, :ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 should be cheap now as well. It's been gone from around here for a while, though. Granted, it's not quite an "exclusive", since it's a remake of :360: Ninja Gaiden 2, but it does add some things and fix some problems with the earlier game. Can't think of any others right off.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I want to give my PS3 some love, but I only buy exclusive games for it... any good deal in a PS3 exclusive game besides Motorstorm: Pacific Rift?[/QUOTE]

I am the same way, only really pick up the exclusive PS3 games. Hot Shots Golf and Singstar Vol. 2 are sony exclusives I believe that are on clearance right now. Hot Shots might be pretty rare by this point, but people have been finding Singstar this weekend for 2.97..

Also managed to pick up a few PS3 games for trading and a few Wii games for myself:

Bakugan :ps3: 4.97
Guitar Hero Smash Hits :ps3: 4.97
Guitar Hero Metallica :ps3: 4.97
Guitar Hero World Tour :ps3: 4.97
Motorstorm Pacific Rift :ps3: 4.97

Wario Land Shake It :wii: 4.97
A Boy and his Blob :wii: 4.97
Muramasa :wii: 4.97
Guitar Hero Smash Hits :wii: 4.97
Guitar Hero World Tour :wii: 4.97
Medieval Games :wii: 2.97

Couldn't find Excitebots for Wii, and also very disappointed that all the 360 versions of these games are still 9.97...maybe next month.

Had a good trade in/buy day.

Turned $30 dollars worth of sears clearance games into $65 credit at games stop with the current promo.

Then hopped online and bought:
3D Dot game hero :ps3: -$29.99
Glory of Herculus :ds: -$10.99
Assassins Creed 2 :360: -$22.99 Used
Uncharted 2 :ps3: -39.99 Used

Used the 25DEAL, SAVER and EDGE for free shipping and to bring total after tax to $78.XX.

Used my $65 in credit and payed $13 for all the games, which come with $10 credit vouchers with all of them. So $43.xx-$40 in future credits= $3.XX for 4 games :)

[quote name='jlarlee']Not a game but a good gift for Father's day this 7" digital picture frame http://www.google.com/products/cata...fED6SClQSBwZW4Aw&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p was $12.97 at the Sears in Anchorage Ak[/QUOTE]

I wanted to say thanks for the heads up too. Been wanting a digital picture frame, but they're all so damn expensive. Went today looking at the games, ended up walking thru the isle with all the $60+ ones, and thankfully i remembered ur post. Snagged the only one they had :)

Thanks again!

Edit: Actually, got it for a dollar less @ 11.97. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a copy of Red Bull BC One :ds: today for $0.27, was constantly checking if any of the other games mentioned here would ring at cheaper prices but hardly anything. This Sears does have 2 copies of Star Wars Clone Wars (or w/e the name is) :ps3: for $9.97, worth it? I played the demo and it seemed fairly straight, no bugs and not the most entertaining game - but like i said it was just the demo so can anyone give me a recommendation?

Offtopic: Also found a copy of Army of Two 40th Day at Sam's for $19.11

[quote name='confoosious']Good! fuck em. If they buy for reselling and can't sell, they need to take a loss on the item just like sears would.

Why not? It's not such an outrageous request. If the clerk was nice, i'd have done it. Nothing wrong with helping someone out.[/QUOTE]
I don't see a problem with them being angry at people who buy multiple copies of the same game, and then return them later. Unless you're actually going to give these games to someone instead of selling them/trading them in, I think it's pretty selfish to do so.

I am going to check a couple of Sears stores tomorrow after work. Fingers crossed that I find A Boy and His Blob and Wet. Anyone in or around the Spartanburg/Greenville area know if the Sears have either game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to 2 Sears in Chicagoland, River oaks and a hood one 79th off Stoney Island. I really wanted Motorstorm:pR, but I didn't find it. But I Found:

At RO:
Bakugan (Ps3) 4.97
Spider-Man Web of shadows (wii) 2.97 (no plastic but the game was inside)
Ace Combat 4 (ps2) 1.97
Tony Hawk PG (ps2) 1.97

Nothing too great
on 79th:

2x Metroid Prime Trilogy (wii) 4.97
Hot Shots Golf:OT (ps3) .97
Spyborgs (wii) 1.97
Exitetruck (wii) 4.97
A Boy and his blob (wii) 4.97

I only found one game I was looking for (Blob) .

Found a copy of just about everything between a couple local sears-es. Not bad, most of its being gifted/traded and a :ps3: bakugan for my son. Didn't pay anything over $5 each so that was nice. Hoorah for sears! Next month can't come soon enough.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Went to 2 Sears in Chicagoland, River oaks and a hood one 79th off Stoney Island. I really wanted Motorstorm:pR, but I didn't find it. But I Found:

At RO:
Bakugan (Ps3) 4.97
Spider-Man Web of shadows (wii) 2.97 (no plastic but the game was inside)
Ace Combat 4 (ps2) 1.97
Tony Hawk PG (ps2) 1.97

Nothing too great
on 79th:

2x Metroid Prime Trilogy (wii) 4.97
Hot Shots Golf:OT (ps3) .97
Spyborgs (wii) 1.97
Exitetruck (wii) 4.97
A Boy and his blob (wii) 4.97

I only found one game I was looking for (Blob) .[/QUOTE]

Damn I wish I could find MP Trilogy for that price...much less 2 copies.

I wonder how much longer before stores like Target start clearancing it out? Then again even @ the $49.99 price point, they'll probably still sell out first.

I might go by Sears tomorrow to check on that price of Excitetruck w/ the Wii wheel. However this time I'll print out the bar code list first rather than having to hunt down someone for a price check.

Oddly enough, one of the 2 closest Sears to me about twice as many games as the other one does.

A month or so ago one of them had a clearance bin and a clearance rack, but a week or 2 later & the clearance bin was GONE.

Maybe they moved it to the backroom? I highly doubt (although it's likely) that someone bought all of those games in that short a span of time.

Sears in N. Thornton ,CO - Nothing really marked down for :ps3: .
Sears in Westminster,CO - Picked up :ps3: Wet for $4.97 but the game sucks,so guess it will be saved for trading. They also had Lego Rock Band at the same price.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Not to start drama w/ trading info, but Lego RB PS3 gets $13 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
OMGz now I can't find any at my stores because the HOARDERS saw your post! Thanks, go crawl in a shell and die and never share any information that others might find useful!

:: hopefully taken in the tone it's intended ::

[quote name='converse']OMGz now I can't find any at my stores because the HOARDERS saw your post! Thanks, go crawl in a shell and die and never share any information that others might find useful!

:: hopefully taken in the tone it's intended ::[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

Some people around here should try their bowl of cereal w/ milk instead of piss.

I don't really give a shit if he lists the entire amazon tiv database.

But don't pull the "i'm not trying to start anything here but..." bullshit. Because that's all he's trying to do.

I'm one of those people who actually think the OP should be updated so hopefully your post wasn't directed at me, converse.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']:lol::lol::lol:

Some people around here should try their bowl of cereal w/ milk instead of piss.[/QUOTE]

Learn to use the edit button.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't really give a shit if he lists the entire amazon tiv database.

But don't pull the "i'm not trying to start anything here but..." bullshit. Because that's all he's trying to do.

I'm one of those people who actually think the OP should be updated so hopefully your post wasn't directed at me, converse.[/QUOTE]

Not to start anything here but...too good to pass up! I'm generally one of those people who will ignore when people get all up in arms over something I perceive to be insignificant. When they blow up even more it draws me out of my shell to laugh at it. I think you may have converted me though, I think I might be a born again gamer.

[quote name='david12795']Can't we all get along guys!? =D[/QUOTE]

free-hugs-from-this-guy.jpg

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']
free-hugs-from-this-guy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dude what are you doing?! your mom is going to get pissed when she sees that picture online! LOL JK that's your dad.

hehe.

[quote name='david12795']Dude what are you doing?! your mom is going to get pissed when she sees that picture online! LOL JK that's your dad.

hehe.[/QUOTE]

:whee::whee:

Somehow I (scarily) picture that guy running around like that! ^^^

:lol:

I'd love to find Warioland, Boy and his Blob, and Motorstorm for those prices. Having a stupid Sears in a stupid mall with barely any stupid games...sucks for me :(

Did anyone else verify that PS3 Bayonetta had dropped to $19.97 at their store also? It was mentioned a couple pages back, but no follow-up that I saw....

With the current batch of drops hitting the floor price-wise, I think that Sears should be due for a new round of games to get cut....

Went to 2 Sears stored by me yesterday. First one doesnt even sell video games. Second one had a bunch of clearance games, but nothing worth noting really. A ton of Loco Roco 2s for $2.97 but i already got that at the Blockbuster B1G1 sale in April. I did pick up these though:

TNA Impact (WII) $.97
Stuntman Ignition (360) $.47
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (PS3) $4.97

SO not bad for roughly $7 after taxes. :)

Was hoping to find Lego Rock Band, WET, Boy and his Blob, and Metroid Prime Trilogy..but alas...no such luck.

I'll have to call around to some other stores near me to see if they carry video games.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Did anyone else verify that PS3 Bayonetta had dropped to $19.97 at their store also? It was mentioned a couple pages back, but no follow-up that I saw....

With the current batch of drops hitting the floor price-wise, I think that Sears should be due for a new round of games to get cut....[/QUOTE]
Still $39.99 (verified at price checker) when I checked at one of the Sears stores on Saturday where I found a decent amount of $4.97 titles.

Picked up:

Wheelman (PS3) 2.97
GH Metallica (PS3) 3.97
GH Smash Hits (PS3) 2.99
NBA 09 the inside (PS3) .97
Grand Turismo (PSP) 3.92

About 16 bucks after tax

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Picked up:

Wheelman (PS3) 2.97
GH Metallica (PS3) 3.97
GH Smash Hits (PS3) 2.99
Grand Turismo (PSP) 3.92

About 16 bucks after tax[/QUOTE]
Wheelman is on clearance?:whistle2:s I went looking for that when it hit clearance at Target and I'd definitely buy it at $3 for the PS3.;)

I'll have to check my Sears stores to see if there's any around here for that price.

Does anyone update the first post in this thread anymore? I was at Sears today trying to surf the web on my iPhone and it was tough trying to find out what I should look for as the "latest" deals.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Picked up:

Wheelman (PS3) 2.97
GH Metallica (PS3) 3.97
GH Smash Hits (PS3) 2.99
Grand Turismo (PSP) 3.92

About 16 bucks after tax[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh Wheelman...I only need 2 more trophies to platinum...thanks for the heads up on this one!

Also, the Sears at Southpoint (Durham, NC) had 4 Excitebot bundles for $4.97. There were 2 left around 1pm.

I went to my first sears in years today. Had nothing, it was the one near westfarms mall in CT. How does sears work on games, most of the games had no prices on them? Do you bring them up to the register and do it that way? Anyways, there were tons of games on clearance, just nothing I was looking for, and none of the highlights, such as metroid, blob, and motorstorm.

Went looking today since I was down the street at Best Buy looking for penny guides. Didn't really see too much that I wanted except for maybe Viva Pinata 1 for $1.97. Was also looking through the non video game clearance electronics (was looking for the digital photo frame someone posted about before, no luck) and ran across this digital camcorder:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQrQQwAA
Had a Feb $49.99 sticker on it so I figured I might as well scan it; was $11.97! Picked it up on a whim, will have to look up some reviews on it first before I decide if I want to open it and keep it or return it (and maybe wait for next drop lol, they had one left).

this is going on a limb, since most who find Metroid Prime are trying to hang onto it, but if any CAGers want to be generous and find an extra copy I would love to do some business, haha, thanks.

Stopped in today to get a price adjustment on the unopened copy of Muramasa I bought a little over a week ago but the cashier wouldn't do it for me since the game was clearanced. I asked him if I could just do a return and rebuy and he acted a bit surprised but did it anyway. Now I can actually open and play the game.

Unfortunately the single copy of Wario Shake It they had last week was gone. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Saw one copy of Muramasa at a sears by me with $9.97 sticker and 1 copy of Wet for Ps3. Looking for any copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 in any sears in Southern CA. Also still no price drop for Resident Evil Dark Side Chronicles, rang up at $39.99.

i scored lego rock band ps3 and far cry 2 ps 3 for 4.95 each.
however, bayonetta rang up 39.99, not 19.99 so i guess that deal is not corporate wide.

question: is saints row 2 ps3 or gta 4 ps3 supposed to be on clearance, and what are their prices? by the time i price checked the others, the clerk looked pissed so i didn't ask her and just left.

[quote name='PublikDefender']
question: is saints row 2 ps3 or gta 4 ps3 supposed to be on clearance, and what are their prices? by the time i price checked the others, the clerk looked pissed so i didn't ask her and just left.[/QUOTE]

I believe SR2 is $19.99 while GTA4 is $29.99 or maybe a bit less.

bread's done
Back