Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Picked up Dirt 2 260 for $10. Both stores I went to have craploads of these Nyko Wii wand/gun accessory packs for $15, are they worth it quality-wise? They're probably no wii-motes, but I was curious if anyone's used one yet?

I liked this thread back in day when I can just check the thread and see the latest finds with prices. Now I have to filter through the useless bickering.

On that note:

Both 4.97
:360: GH: Smash Hits
:360: GH: Metallica

Grabbed them 2 days ago.

[quote name='Yannie Boy']I liked this thread back in day when I can just check the thread and see the latest finds with prices. Now I have to filter through the useless bickering.

On that note:

Both 4.97
:360: GH: Smash Hits
:360: GH: Metallica

Grabbed them 2 days ago.[/QUOTE]
When did the Xbox 360 versions of these games drop as well? I was under the impression it was the PS3 version only that was on sale for $5. Can anyone else confirm getting it at this price?

[quote name='zpoor17']When did the Xbox 360 versions of these games drop as well? I was under the impression it was the PS3 version only that was on sale for $5. Can anyone else confirm getting it at this price?[/QUOTE]
I've seen the Xbox versions on clearance but haven't checked the price.

[quote name='yannie boy']i liked this thread back in day when i can just check the thread and see the latest finds with prices. Now i have to filter through the useless bickering.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='eastshore4']Picked up Dirt 2 260 for $10. Both stores I went to have craploads of these Nyko Wii wand/gun accessory packs for $15, are they worth it quality-wise? They're probably no wii-motes, but I was curious if anyone's used one yet?[/QUOTE]

This thread will help.

Anyway, I bought Viva Pinata for $1.97 (SURPRISE! :lol:) and Wet 360 for $9.97. Also scanned a copy of the legendary Imagine Family Doctor and it came up $11.97. I don't even know where this flippable to, but at that price, it doesn't even matter. And I'm pretty sure Wet should be $4.97, but whatever...

As a side note, if anyone has a PS3 version of Wet and wants a 360 version, meet me in the alley between P and M.

Picked up :ds: REd bull for .27 cents
2x:wii: excite bots for $4.97 each
:wii: Medieval games for 1.97
:wii: GH SMash hits for $4.97

Imagine Doctor or whatever for the DS rang up at 14.97.

[quote name='SnotRocket']Imagine Doctor or whatever for the DS rang up at 14.97.[/QUOTE]

You MIGHT have had the wrong one. There is: Family Doctor, Animal Doctor, and Animal Doctor Care Center. But then sometimes people have reported clearenced games that haven't dropped, so that could be it too.

I went and scanned a handful of random games and, just as I suspected, still not a single price drop. The only game that rang up lower than the price tag was MW2 which I never would have bought anyway. Meh, I'd really love to get prices like apparently every other Sears store, because there are some pretty great titles in the clearance bin.

Picked up :wii: DDR Disney Groove w/ two mats today for $9.97. They still have two copies of A Boy and His Blob, but both are still ringing up at $14.97. Otherwise, the clearance is long gone.

I did find :wii: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 sitting on a clearance shelf with some toys, but it scanned at $29.99. Me thinks someone else is haunting the place for clearance and left the game on a random shelf when it didn't come up on sale...

[quote name='freeorelse']Loco Roco 2 PSP $2.97 yesterday.
Everything else still $19.99 and up[/QUOTE]

Same here. Waiting on them to drop to .97, have about 7 copies at my store

Checked 2 stores today, first had jack squat, second had Bakugan for 360, though it was still marked 12.99 for some reason and rung up the same.

On a side note, i saw that new Transformers game there :O. (Wish i had enough damn money to have brought it, came back later and all 4 copies for both systems were gone)

Damn...after all my pick ups over the last three months, my Sears finally decided to update its price tags. Everything outside the case had June tags, so all the good stuff was gone. No Wets, no A Boy and His Blobs, no nothing. Looks like I have some competition now.

The only decent thing I saw was a copy of Viva Pinata sticking out from behind one of the game displays. It was an awful stashing job; it was pushed back as far as it could go but half of it was still poking out in plain sight. Out of a sense of principle, I bought it so the stasher couldn't have it. Don't know what I'll do with it since I bought Trouble in Paradise a few months ago for $5. I might return it to the Sears across town so someone else can have it.

Went by Sears today and the 5-6 copies of :wii: A Boy and His Blob I saw 2 weeks back were all gone. :whistle2:s Congrats to whoever hoarded bought them.

However, the trip wasn't a total bust as it seems this Sears dug up a copy of :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY ($4.97) from somewhere, so I walked away happy after all. :)

[quote name='elrobo8']Damn...after all my pick ups over the last three months, my Sears finally decided to update its price tags. Everything outside the case had June tags, so all the good stuff was gone. No Wets, no A Boy and His Blobs, no nothing. Looks like I have some competition now.

The only decent thing I saw was a copy of Viva Pinata sticking out from behind one of the game displays. It was an awful stashing job; it was pushed back as far as it could go but half of it was still poking out in plain sight. Out of a sense of principle, I bought it so the stasher couldn't have it. Don't know what I'll do with it since I bought Trouble in Paradise a few months ago for $5. I might return it to the Sears across town so someone else can have it.[/QUOTE]
Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise was $5 at Sears? Not at my local stores, though everything else was priced correctly(and mostly gone when I went back there this past Wednesday.:roll:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Checked 2 stores today, first had jack squat, second had Bakugan for 360, though it was still marked 12.99 for some reason and rung up the same.

On a side note, i saw that new Transformers game there :O. (Wish i had enough damn money to have brought it, came back later and all 4 copies for both systems were gone)[/QUOTE]
I was gonna say you must be in my area, since my one local Sears had the new Transformers game out the other night, but I let the guys in electronics know that it wasn't supposed to be out till next Tuesday.

Normally I would've probably come on here and reported that it was out for anyone who wanted the game early, but I was in a good mood so I informed them.

They also had out the new TF game for Wii as well(Cybertron Adventures).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise was $5 at Sears? Not at my local stores, though everything else was priced correctly(and mostly gone when I went back there this past Wednesday.:roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but that was two or three months ago and a very YMMV thing. About half the people who found it said it was on clearance while the other half said it was full price. There wasn't much rhyme or reason to it.

I picked up seven games today from a further off Sears, two of which went immediately to Gamestop for their $25 TIV promo.

I picked up the following:

Dirt 2:ps3:-$9.97 each x2(worth $25 a pop at GS)
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift:ps3:-$4.97 each x3
Lego Rock Band:ps3:-$4.97
Warioland: Shake It:wii:-$4.97

I left behind another copy of Warioland, 4-5 copies of LocoRoco 2 and at least a few other games including a couple copies of A Boy and His Blob for Wii.

They had tons of yellow clearance stickers stuck to the metal part of the glass case advertising other clearance titles, most of which were out of stock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up seven games today from a further off Sears, two of which went immediately to Gamestop for their $25 TIV promo.

I picked up the following:

Dirt 2:ps3:-$9.97 each x2(worth $25 a pop at GS)
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift:ps3:-$4.97 each x3
Lego Rock Band:ps3:-$4.97
Warioland: Shake It:wii:-$4.97

I left behind another copy of Warioland, 4-5 copies of LocoRoco 2 and at least a few other games including a couple copies of A Boy and His Blob for Wii.

They had tons of yellow clearance stickers stuck to the metal part of the glass case advertising other clearance titles, most of which were out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Majorly jealous on those MotorStorms... They're going for about $20 a piece on eBay

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Majorly jealous on those MotorStorms... They're going for about $20 a piece on eBay[/QUOTE]
I just wish some retail store(or even the slowpokes at Dealtree/EzTradein)were giving that much though, since I might consider shipping them all three copies then.;):D

I just wish I hadn't told the one fellow CAG about that store so I could've grabbed 2-3 more Fallout 3 GOTY's for $5 there this month for PS3.

Hopefully though I don't end up stuck with the Motorstorms, like it would appear I'm stuck with the Singstar Vol. 2 bundles, 4 of those $10 Rocketfish controllers for PS3 from Best Buy and 2-3 copies of that Sudoku game that was free from BB about 3 months ago.:roll:

Alright i've checked so many Sears to find the Fallout 3 GOTY edition, but it's always $59.99!!!!!

I'm from the mid-west, anybody see the Fallout 3 dropping in IL?

All I got was Far Cry 2 for $6.99. Not the greatest game, but it will provide some entertainment!

Please let me know about Fallout 3, I want to play it before Fallout: New Vegas comes out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just wish I hadn't told the one fellow CAG about that store so I could've grabbed 2-3 more Fallout 3 GOTY's for $5 there this month for PS3.[/QUOTE]

cmon man...u should of known better! #-o:shame:

so I bought lego rock band when it was 9.97 and kept it wrapped....at beginning of june I took it back to price adjust the 4.97 price ...the receipt says exchange...
im hoping to adjust price again in July when it drops to like 2.97
anyone know if the computer will give me problems?

i know sometimes places wont let oyu cuz the item has already been returned once

[quote name='Mag215']Alright i've checked so many Sears to find the Fallout 3 GOTY edition, but it's always $59.99!!!!!

I'm from the mid-west, anybody see the Fallout 3 dropping in IL?

All I got was Far Cry 2 for $6.99. Not the greatest game, but it will provide some entertainment!

Please let me know about Fallout 3, I want to play it before Fallout: New Vegas comes out.[/QUOTE]

It's the PS3 version only, I haven't seen any in stores since it was 19.97

[quote name='josh62488']so I bought lego rock band when it was 9.97 and kept it wrapped....at beginning of june I took it back to price adjust the 4.97 price ...the receipt says exchange...
im hoping to adjust price again in July when it drops to like 2.97
anyone know if the computer will give me problems?

i know sometimes places wont let oyu cuz the item has already been returned once[/QUOTE]

Is the $2 difference really worth the time, effort, loss of dignity, and gas it will take to do that? What do you plan to do with that extra $2?

Had a few nice finds recently...

:ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - $4.97
:ps3: Wolfenstein - $4.97
:ps2: Soul Calibur 3 - $1.97
:ps2: The Simpsons Game - $1.97
:ds: Imagine: Family Doctor - $0.47

[quote name='Josef']Had a few nice finds recently...

:ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - $4.97
:ps3: Wolfenstein - $4.97
:ps2: Soul Calibur 3 - $1.97
:ps2: The Simpsons Game - $1.97
:ds: Imagine: Family Doctor - $0.47[/QUOTE]

SC3 is really that cheap? Might have to grab it. Are a lot of the PS2 games marked down? I never bothered to scan them

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']SC3 is really that cheap? Might have to grab it. Are a lot of the PS2 games marked down? I never bothered to scan them[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say a lot of the PS2 games were really cheap, but a few were. Also $1.97 was one of the Ace Combats, I think Ace Combat 4. SC3 was the Greatest Hits version but the non-GH should be the same price.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Is the $2 difference really worth the time, effort, loss of dignity, and gas it will take to do that? What do you plan to do with that extra $2?[/QUOTE]
If their Sears is like my closest one and only about 2-3 miles away, then what's the harm in trying? The worst they could say is NO.

And what kinda cars are you all driving that it uses soooooo much gas to go back to the stores to do return/rebuys? Unless you're using a Humvee for your personal vehicle, it shouldn't cost all that much in gas to get to and from a store or three.

Then again, since gas prices have been going up again I've made sure I make it so I'm hitting multiple stores in the same area when I'm going for a return/rebuy or whatever.

As for loss of dignity, what's so bad about bullshitting the employees that you don't want the games, asking them to scan them while returning them and finding out if they dropped or not, then saying you'd gladly keep them if they were that cheaper price.

[quote name='ohnoitschris']I actually found a copy of :360: Shadowrun in the bargain bin at my Sears today. The only copy.

It rang up for $1.97 :D[/QUOTE]
I think I saw a copy of that game at the same store I got my haul from on Sunday.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone had a lot of luck in the Atlanta area, if so could you point me in the right direction? (Don't worry the only thing I hoard at my house is chips from when publix has b1g1)

2. How are y'all price checking the games, are you talking to an employee and asking them to open the glass case and check?

Thanks in advance!

I really want to find Fallout GOTY after my friend borrowed my Fallout 3 and lost the manual and then went out of the country for a few weeks while the disc is in his box at his house.

[quote name='confoosious']Has anyone found any Gamecube games lately in the $.1.97 range? I need a new case.

I haven't heard talk of a Gamecube clearance in ages.[/QUOTE]

I think all or most of the GameCube games left at the Sears around me hit rock bottom clearance over a year ago.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I think all or most of the GameCube games left at the Sears around me hit rock bottom clearance over a year ago.[/QUOTE]

yeah i figured that. I wanted a low low .97 cent price for a new case. It's cheaper to buy cases as games from sears than to actually buy a new case. :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']Has anyone found any Gamecube games lately in the $.1.97 range? I need a new case.

I haven't heard talk of a Gamecube clearance in ages.[/QUOTE]

Why not just go to gamestop and buy a used game with a case? I'm sure they have old sports titles for next to nothing.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Why not just go to gamestop and buy a used game with a case? I'm sure they have old sports titles for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]

That's why I need a new case. To replace the case on a game I got at GS.

The GC cases at GS look like hell. Most of them still have a Trade it In at EB Games sticker. I hate used shit but I found a complete Pikmin 2 that I had to pick up.

[quote name='confoosious']That's why I need a new case. To replace the case on a game I got at GS.

The GC cases at GS look like hell. Most of them still have a Trade it In at EB Games sticker. I hate used shit but I found a complete Pikmin 2 that I had to pick up.[/QUOTE]
You could try a Hollywood video / Movie Gallery. Last time I was there, they were selling all of their cases for .10 a piece. I picked up a bunch of Ps3 cases, and another dude was buying all their 360 ones.

www.VideoGameInstrctionBook.com was having a 40% off sale. Don't know if it's still going.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']Damn I'd kill for a copy of Motorstorm pacific rift for that cheap[/QUOTE]

If you cant find these at your Sears, try Walmart. Its not $4.97 but my WM had this game for $15 today. Of course Walmart can be YMMV.

bread's done
Back