Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='aleraiders']trust me, one of the cons of working retail is hearing the same dam song over and over......and over, playing at a store i use to work in, still to this day when i here the backstreet boys "i want it that way", oh man, it reminds me of hell :wall:[/QUOTE]

The one company I worked for around here was a little fly by night company where I worked on strict commission only. They had this thing for one particular song from the 80's-90's(which somehow slips my mind now)and they would play it on a boombox in the parking lot at 6-7am while we practiced our pitches to potential customers on fellow employees.

I so wanted to rip the tape outta the deck, throw it hard to the ground and grind it into dust.

I lasted at the company for about 2-3 months just out of high school. Once I was out of training and not getting paid anything by my trainer for helping him on his route(which took him 40-50+ miles outside of our area one way in an average day)I quit the company since I'm a sucky salesman with no confidence whatsoever.

Yet I continued to go for telemarketing jobs throughout the 90's.:roll: Go figure.

just picked up :360: farcry 2 for 9.97, hoping next week it will drop and either get the difference back or return/rebuy

next week im hoping for these drops

:360:

dead rising PH
gears of war 2 or GOW 2 GOTY
LFD, LFD PH, LFD2
nascar 09
fallout 3 PH
mass effect or ME PH

[quote name='Vampjoe']What page is the new list on? I noticed the one on the first page hasn't been updated in quite a few months.[/QUOTE]

The first page is never updated because there are too many paranoid people in this thread. It's f'ing ridiculous but what can you do?

If you want nice orderly, I suggest the Target thread.

[quote name='confoosious']The first page is never updated because there are too many paranoid people in this thread. It's f'ing ridiculous but what can you do?

If you want nice orderly, I suggest the Target thread.[/QUOTE]

Odd how it's impossible to find clearance games that aren't shovelware at Target lately. I wonder if there is a correlation. . .

:whistle2:k

[quote name='sadakou']Odd how it's impossible to find clearance games that aren't shovelware at Target lately. I wonder if there is a correlation. . .

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

yeah. absolute 100% correlation. that and kmart.

tinfoilhat.jpg

Hell, I'll wear a tinfoil hat and read for 5-10 minutes if it means getting awesome games for $5-10. Beats having a lazy-man front page list, driving 10-20 minutes, wasting gas, and finding out a store has already been picked clean by SD vultures who also couldn't be bothered to read. :)

[quote name='sadakou']Hell, I'll wear a tinfoil hat and read for 5-10 minutes if it means getting awesome games for $5-10. Beats having a lazy-man front page list, driving 10-20 minutes, wasting gas, and finding out a store has already been picked clean by SD vultures who also couldn't be bothered to read. :)[/QUOTE]

yep, it's all SD people. and not the thousands of cags that read but don't post. or the ones who read and post. SD is the only site with hoarders. all cags are cool bros who hook each other up at cost + shipping.

Exactly. If you're afraid of hoarders, why post any info at all? Just everyone keep it to yourself.

Like hoarders aren't able to read anything but the front page. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']Exactly. If you're afraid of hoarders, why post any info at all? Just everyone keep it to yourself.

Like hoarders aren't able to read anything but the front page. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not having the list updated does deter some, but you are correct, they will still probably find what they are looking for. Of course, there are still the morons that post in here asking questions that were answered only a page ago, so don't give them too much credit......

The fallacy in the "don't update the OP" thinking is that hoarders won't spend the time to read through the thread.

Hey guess what? If the hoarders are making money from ebaying it, you better believe they're reading the thread. It's the lazy people who wont' read through the thread. Hoarders are scummy but they aren't lazy.

[quote name='confoosious']The fallacy in the "don't update the OP" thinking is that hoarders won't spend the time to read through the thread.

Hey guess what? If the hoarders are making money from ebaying it, you better believe they're reading the thread. It's the lazy people who wont' read through the thread. Hoarders are scummy but they aren't lazy.[/QUOTE]

Amen

[quote name='confoosious']The fallacy in the "don't update the OP" thinking is that hoarders won't spend the time to read through the thread.

Hey guess what? If the hoarders are making money from ebaying it, you better believe they're reading the thread. It's the lazy people who wont' read through the thread. Hoarders are scummy but they aren't lazy.[/QUOTE]

If people didn't buy from the secondary market as much as they do then there wouldn't be such a great deal of hoarders or horrible atrocious mark ups on supposedly said "rare games." Sounds easy saying but yeah, not going to happen.

I just wish this site was more of a community that helped each other out!

I'll admit, I head to Sears mostly to find games to resell. But ya know what, I don't buy every single copy of every game that hits clearance, and I don't mislead people on eBay. I don't act like the games I sell are rare, or list high Buy-It-Nows in hopes of an uninformed buyer thinking they get a deal. I list all my items at .99 and let the market decide how much I get through bidding. I see nothing wrong with what I do, as I contribute to these forums plenty and am not one to just lurk around this Sears thread in hopes of people posting new drops. /rant :)

[quote name='skiizim']If people didn't buy from the secondary market as much as they do then there wouldn't be such a great deal of hoarders or horrible atrocious mark ups on supposedly said "rare games." Sounds easy saying but yeah, not going to happen.

I just wish this site was more of a community that helped each other out![/QUOTE]

The toothpaste is already out of the tube.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']as I contribute to these forums plenty and am not one to just lurk around this Sears thread in hopes of people posting new drops. /rant :)[/QUOTE]

While I have no problem with the free hand of the market and the early hoarder gets the ebayworm, the fact that you've got a 1 trade rating means you're not contributing to the CAG community much at all.

[quote name='confoosious']the fact that you've got a 1 trade rating means you're not contributing to the CAG community much at all.[/QUOTE]

o7nciv.gif

[quote name='confoosious']yeah. absolute 100% correlation. that and kmart.

tinfoilhat.jpg
[/QUOTE]
How the hell did you get a picture of me and Mr. Fluffkins when we were wearing our matching tin foil brain meld hats?!?!?!?! That's our special time and you spoiled it.:lol:

[quote name='skiizim']If people didn't buy from the secondary market as much as they do then there wouldn't be such a great deal of hoarders or horrible atrocious mark ups on supposedly said "rare games." Sounds easy saying but yeah, not going to happen.

I just wish this site was more of a community that helped each other out![/QUOTE]
Why not step up and help out then instead of hoping for everyone else to be altruistic? If you can find games that are in demand(Fallout 3 GOTY, for one), then promise to ship them for cost + shipping and not a cent more.

See how many responses you get from folks wanting you to lose money in the process because 'I'm not going to pay that much for shipping'.

I admit that I've been a jerk before and ASSumed that someone got a game I was looking for for cheaper than they did and I made a stink about it. Then I had that same experience return to me ten fold.

But go ahead and try to do something nice for the community and see how long those rose colored glasses stay on before you're wanting to shove them up some bossy CAG's ass.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Why not step up and help out then instead of hoping for everyone else to be altruistic? If you can find games that are in demand(Fallout 3 GOTY, for one), then promise to ship them for cost + shipping and not a cent more.

See how many responses you get from folks wanting you to lose money in the process because 'I'm not going to pay that much for shipping'.
[/QUOTE]

Sure, you'll get a bunch of responses from assholes. It's bound to happen. But I also had someone ship me x-blades for cost of shipping when they got it free when I first started posting heavily on CAG. I'd happily repay that favor to that person or someone with good trade feedback.

Usually shipping kills the deal but for some items where the person doesn't mind a $2.50 - $3.00 (or whatever is fair to you) markup and still thinks it's a good deal, it works out for everyone.

Plus, just from reading people's posts, it's pretty easy to tell who is out for themselves and who will turn around and help you back or help someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Sure, you'll get a bunch of responses from assholes. It's bound to happen. But I also had someone ship me x-blades for cost of shipping when they got it free when I first started posting heavily on CAG. I'd happily repay that favor to that person or someone with good trade feedback.

Usually shipping kills the deal but for some items where the person doesn't mind a $2.50 markup and still thinks it's a good deal, it works out for everyone.

Plus, just from reading people's posts, it's pretty easy to tell who is out for themselves and who will turn around and help you back or help someone else.[/QUOTE]

I do agree that there are good cags out there, but 90% of all trade offers I receive are horrible. I am one of the people who likes to help CAGs out, but it has gotten to a point where most cags are looking to flip to GS or rip others off.

To toot my own horn...
I hooked a CAG up with an Uncharted Guide for $5 shipped. At the time they were selling for cover price, not $150 like they do now.

I hooked up a Chicago CAG with crackdown for $15 when they were were selling for $40, but I knew he was going to open it and enjoy it.

Unfortunately like eBay, CAG has gotten bigger and the sense of community is starting to fade away.

[quote name='slowdive21']I do agree that there are good cags out there, but 90% of all trade offers I receive are horrible. I am one of the people who likes to help CAGs out, but it has gotten to a point where most cags are looking to flip to GS or rip others off.

To toot my own horn...
I hooked a CAG up with an Uncharted Guide for $5 shipped. At the time they were selling for cover price, not $150 like they do now.

I hooked up a Chicago CAG with crackdown for $15 when they were were selling for $40, but I knew he was going to open it and enjoy it.

Unfortunately like eBay, CAG has gotten bigger and the sense of community is starting to fade away.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said the toothpaste is out of the tube. But hopefully, some of us can still help each other out with stuff.

I get crappy requests too but just delete them instead of getting mad. If someone is unreasonable and doesn't want to pay for something like delivery confirmation, then f em.

[quote name='confoosious']The toothpaste is already out of the tube.

While I have no problem with the free hand of the market and the early hoarder gets the ebayworm, the fact that you've got a 1 trade rating means you're not contributing to the CAG community much at all.[/QUOTE]

In all Fairness it is not fair to say someone is not contributing to CAG because of Trade Ratings. I have been a member for some time now and my visible rating is 66 and that was lots of work.. Some people just dont want to trade or the vice versa and that is only an option of this site.. I try to contribute to the site by posting various deals I see online or may run in to when in store but the thing that ruins it for me and makes me not want to even mention anything is when you post something and people will be rude...
Examples of that would be "Its cheaper here, Im waiting for X $$$ for this game. "I wouldnt Buy this etc... You try to do something nice but most of the time it ends up with some opinion that causes arguments and thread go off topic usually 1-2 posts in...

[quote name='Derrick1979']In all Fairness it is not fair to say someone is not contributing to CAG because of Trade Ratings. I have been a member for some time now and my visible rating is 66 and that was lots of work.. [/QUOTE]

true. my rating is even lower than yours. And half of it was selling points cards I picked up for cheap at microcenter. I guess when you're selling at $15, people don't complain too much.

But how about I couple my previous statement with "and often posts about how much they flip"?

[quote name='confoosious']true. my rating is even lower than yours. And half of it was selling points cards I picked up for cheap at microcenter. I guess when you're selling at $15, people don't complain too much.

But how about I couple my previous statement with "and often posts about how much they flip"?[/QUOTE]

Now that is plain bullshit and is rampant in this place.. there are certain people that are getting a bit ridiculous with this as well *CouGH.IATGC**Cough***
and claim to be out there for the better of the community... they are wearing the El'Hoardo Shirt under there regular one for sure... :lol:

I never trade on CAG but I also just don't buy that many games. Anything I do get rid of goes to Amazin so my wife can burn through the giftcards or to my two kid brothers back home. The thing is, I (eventually) play everything I buy, I don't think ever picked up a game or accessories just to flip them. Not to knock those that do, but I've always been a take only what you need kinda guy.

[quote name='confoosious']The toothpaste is already out of the tube.

While I have no problem with the free hand of the market and the early hoarder gets the ebayworm, the fact that you've got a 1 trade rating means you're not contributing to the CAG community much at all.[/QUOTE]

I have a 1 Trader rating because I never try to trade? No one has given me a good offer to this day. And I offered my in demand games (Muramasa at the time) to CAGs but they either didn't respond or lowballed me. I post deals and help people in threads all the time, that's what I meant by helping the community.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I have a 1 Trader rating because I never try to trade? No one has given me a good offer to this day. And I offered my in demand games (Muramasa at the time) to CAGs but they either didn't respond or lowballed me. I post deals and help people in threads all the time, that's what I meant by helping the community.[/QUOTE]

I would offer to make a trade deal but looking at your list you have nothing im interested in...

Now i did look at your list but this is a good example of why TRade ratings are low. Im mainly looking for PS3 games and for the most part people around here try to charge to much or they want to try to set up a trade that is not fair.

[quote name='confoosious']I HIGHLY doubt that if u offered muramasa at cost plus shipping that no one would take you up on it.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a copy of Muramasa from darthmalic I think his nam was for $15 shipped because that was the best deal anyone was offering after the recent drop at sears.. The Best part was I left him feedback when I got the game and he is yet to leave me any.. oh well. I have 66 visible Feeback but my actual number is 76 positives, and that comes from multiple trades with the same people.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why not step up and help out then instead of hoping for everyone else to be altruistic? If you can find games that are in demand(Fallout 3 GOTY, for one), then promise to ship them for cost + shipping and not a cent more.

I admit that I've been a jerk before and ASSumed that someone got a game I was looking for for cheaper than they did and I made a stink about it. Then I had that same experience return to me ten fold.

But go ahead and try to do something nice for the community and see how long those rose colored glasses stay on before you're wanting to shove them up some bossy CAG's ass.[/QUOTE]

My first 2 trades here were from giving 2 CAG's HSG:OoB for the price I paid $10 + shipping. I went out of my way for 1 copy on New Years Day early in the morning to search for it (which took me an hour because it was misplaced). Then I bought some copies of Battle Fantasia and gave those to a few CAG's for cost plus shipping. Currently I purchased a copy of Suikoden Tierkries for another CAG which I'm currently in the process of giving to him. If you wanted to know also I'm eating the taxes I payed for which is almost $2 and giving it to him for $20+shipping $3. I may not have a lot of trades here but I do look out for CAG's.

Found about 6 or so copies of Loco Roco 2 for the PSP at the Barton Creek Mall in Austin Tx for $2.97 each ($3.22) after tax

Well in the off chance that someone wants that Sting DVD that comes with TNA Impact! on the Wii, I'd be more than happy to ship it for $3 shipped. Ha basically free, I really have no use for it or a friend that wants it

[quote name='slowdive21']
To toot my own horn...
I hooked a CAG up with an Uncharted Guide for $5 shipped. At the time they were selling for cover price, not $150 like they do now.[/QUOTE]
:bomb: I just let go of my copy of the Uncharted guide for cash last month. I sold it for what Amazon was offering for it in trade($15-ish)to another CAG.

Oh well.
[quote name='Derrick1979']Now that is plain bullshit and is rampant in this place.. there are certain people that are getting a bit ridiculous with this as well *CouGH.IATGC**Cough***
and claim to be out there for the better of the community... they are wearing the El'Hoardo Shirt under there regular one for sure... :lol:[/QUOTE]
When you go through clearance droughts(like we're experiencing around here AGAIN)where everything disappears virtually overnight and you didn't even get a fair crack at it most times, you tend to wanna 'grab all dem shitz' whenever you see a clearance deal from then on out.:razz:
[quote name='skiizim']My first 2 trades here were from giving 2 CAG's HSG:OoB for the price I paid $10 + shipping. I went out of my way for 1 copy on New Years Day early in the morning to search for it (which took me an hour because it was misplaced). Then I bought some copies of Battle Fantasia and gave those to a few CAG's for cost plus shipping. Currently I purchased a copy of Suikoden Tierkries for another CAG which I'm currently in the process of giving to him. If you wanted to know also I'm eating the taxes I payed for which is almost $2 and giving it to him for $20+shipping $3. I may not have a lot of trades here but I do look out for CAG's.[/QUOTE]
I don't eat ANY of the cost anymore. I've just had too many folks say 'gimme it for this amount' and be unreasonable about it to even bother to wanna care to help most of them out anymore. The few people who I've dealt with before or those CAG's who are regular posters and seem reasonable I will still try to help, but the rest are SOL anymore.

That's why 90% of the time whatever I buy will end up flipped to X or Y store for cash or credit, since it saves me on shipping and aggravation.

Do I lose money? Not really. I make sure that I'm getting at least a 1:1 ratio versus what I paid and if the return period still hasn't lapsed I might just return the game(s)(sans clearance stickers;))and let someone else have a crack at them.

I'm about to go check out my nearest Sears, probably won't find anything worthwhile but it's something to do... and the mall is air conditioned, which is better than being outside in this 100 degree weather.

I got some bad news guys... Im hoping this is not a theme...

I looked up 10 games today to see what their drop prices would be on Friday (7/9)

9.97 games are dropping to 8.97!!
4.97 games are dropping to 3.97!!
19.97 games are dropping to 18.97!!

I only did a handful of games to lookup but this is a horrible trend for Sears to start. I mean 1$ drops? I hope it doesnt stay this way

Well at least it's something. All of the clearance games at my closest store are long gone. The cashier there said two older ladies have been coming in every few days and scouring the video games for deals.

[quote name='bib12342004']yeah this thread sucks, should be made like the target thread[/QUOTE]
This is your 2nd post in 8 months. Thanks for all you contribute, I am sure phear3d will do just what you demand, since you asked so nicely and have given us so much info.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I got some bad news guys... Im hoping this is not a theme...

I looked up 10 games today to see what their drop prices would be on Friday (7/9)

I only did a handful of games to lookup but this is a horrible trend for Sears to start. I mean 1$ drops? I hope it doesnt stay this way[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. :D

Did you happen to notice if any new games are joining the clearance lineup (as opposed to already clearanced games dropping lower)?

I have a sheet full of printed UPCs for games that have been bouncing around in the clearance bins but not actually clearance priced (mostly 2008-early 2009 games). I'll report any finds here on Friday.

[quote name='bib12342004']yeah this thread sucks, should be made like the target thread[/QUOTE]

Now that everyone and their mom is on CAG, Sears is the only store left where it is actually possible to find (good) cheap games (at least where I live where the stores keep their departments organized and up-to-date), and coincidentally, it is one of the only stores with a thread here that requires daily following rather than an EZ mode front page list.

Now go back to your retailer-controlled threads before the last shimmering hope on CAG is destroyed forever and we are left to pray that GoHastings breaks their online shopping cart again.

I know this is EXTREME wishful thinking, but could those $1 drops be a sort of 'placeholder'? e.g. $1 means "its going to drop" but its not finalized?

...yeah I'm dreaming

[quote name='xDerekRx']I got some bad news guys... Im hoping this is not a theme...

I only did a handful of games to lookup but this is a horrible trend for Sears to start. I mean 1$ drops? I hope it doesnt stay this way[/QUOTE]

was it all one system? Like the last drop the PS3 games dropped lower than the 360 games.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO. Sears, you so crazy!

Are the price adjusters going to take their games back to Sears and get their $1 back? :)

[quote name='callmewoof']I know this is EXTREME wishful thinking, but could those $1 drops be a sort of 'placeholder'? e.g. $1 means "its going to drop" but its not finalized?

...yeah I'm dreaming[/QUOTE]

Sadly not. The system tells you the new price and the new prices for the handful I checked were only 1$ lower.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']was it all one system? Like the last drop the PS3 games dropped lower than the 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Sadly I checked games on 4-5 different platforms and it was the same.

Again I only scanned 10 games but they were randomly picked just to check. So Im afraid if I checked 20 games this would have been the common theme.

Sears has never done this before. We will see on Friday what the deal is company wide but this is a lame trend if they start lowering the drops to 1$ at a time.

I wasn't doing sears clearance 'back in the day', but someone had mentioned that last year, there wasn't ANY clearance price drops in July. So could this $1 thing MAYBE be related to that? Maybe a month for their system to 'catch up' or 'recalibrate'? I'm grasping at straws but I... I dunno. :(

which games?

$1 a drop with each drop once a month would mean it would take over 2 years for a $29.97 game to get to $4.97! I really hope this is just a one time thing. KMart clearance sucks now and I'd hate to have Sears be just as bad.

Thanks for the heads up xDerekRx. Depending on what happens on Friday (still hoping for a drop), I may go check out Sears anyways to see if they put anything else from the back out that went on clearance last month.

bread's done
Back