Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

hey guys,

first off i'd like to say thanks to everyone who constantly and consistently contribute to this thread. over the past 2 or 3 years i've manage this thread, i couldn't have done it without some, if not most of you guys who frequent the sears thread. believe me i couldnt thank you enough.

with that said, im very sorry to say that i can no longer manage this thread like i used to. ive been very busy and i just can not keep up with the thread (i cant keep up with any threads on cag these days..). if theres any of you who would want to keep this thread going then please let me know via PM.

im not completely going away btw, i will still contribute to this thread as much as i can and whenever i go to sears i will always report what i find. you can also reach me at gamesniped.com (im a contributor - im there as phear3d as well) you can PM through the forums.

and btw, you dont have to do it as i was doing it all this time. do a format that would work for you. i thought about having the kmart rep to do the thread but i think its better if a cag does it. but if he's up for it, then i guess that wouldn't be too bad unless you guys oppose the idea.

one of the best things imo about the sears clearance, and has always been, was the fact that you'll be surprised on what stuff actually went on clearance that month. since we never really know, stuff just keeps getting marked down every month until they're finally down to $4.97. most people on cag just dont have the patience and are spoiled by the target clearance so they dont even bother with sears. i believe in digging for cheap games, the thrill of the hunt per se. some of my most expensive and rare games came from sears :)

now that they're changing how things are at sears, its going to be even harder to find clearance games at a good price. but we'll see i guess..

its been real guys. thanks again.

keepin' it real cheap,

phear3d

[quote name='phear3d']hey guys,

first off i'd like to say thanks to everyone who constantly and consistently contribute to this thread. over the past 2 or 3 years i've manage this thread, i couldn't have done it without some, if not most of you guys who frequent the sears thread. believe me i couldnt thank you enough.

with that said, im very sorry to say that i can no longer manage this thread like i used to. ive been very busy and i just can not keep up with the thread (i cant keep up with any threads on cag these days..). if theres any of you who would want to keep this thread going then please let me know via PM.

im not completely going away btw, i will still contribute to this thread as much as i can and whenever i go to sears i will always report what i find. you can also reach me at gamesniped.com (im a contributor - im there as phear3d as well) you can PM through the forums.

and btw, you dont have to do it as i was doing it all this time. do a format that would work for you. i thought about having the kmart rep to do the thread but i think its better if a cag does it. but if he's up for it, then i guess that wouldn't be too bad unless you guys oppose the idea.

one of the best things imo about the sears clearance, and has always been, was the fact that you'll be surprised on what stuff actually went on clearance that month. since we never really know, stuff just keeps getting marked down every month until they're finally down to $4.97. most people on cag just dont have the patience and are spoiled by the target clearance so they dont even bother with sears. i believe in digging for cheap games, the thrill of the hunt per se. some of my most expensive and rare games came from sears :)

now that they're changing how things are at sears, its going to be even harder to find clearance games at a good price. but we'll see i guess..

keepin' it real cheap,

phear3d[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping this thread going for so long and GL with all the other stuff you have going on.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I got some bad news guys... Im hoping this is not a theme...

I looked up 10 games today to see what their drop prices would be on Friday (7/9)

9.97 games are dropping to 8.97!!
4.97 games are dropping to 3.97!!
19.97 games are dropping to 18.97!!

I only did a handful of games to lookup but this is a horrible trend for Sears to start. I mean 1$ drops? I hope it doesnt stay this way[/QUOTE]

How about Locoroco 2, wasn't that already $3?

[quote name='Derrick1979']Thanks for keeping this thread going for so long and GL with all the other stuff you have going on.[/QUOTE]

This. Great job Phear3d. I think everyone in the thread appreciates how it was managed and the efforts that were made to keep the thread updated without making it too easy for hoarders to find the info they wanted.

[quote name='freeorelse']Well at least it's something. All of the clearance games at my closest store are long gone. The cashier there said two older ladies have been coming in every few days and scouring the video games for deals.[/QUOTE]

The mythical Las Viejoardas?

phear3d, please don't give the thread to the Kmart reps. If nobody else wants to take it over I will, but I saw what they did to the kmart clearance thread and it would be a shame for it to happen to this one as well.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']phear3d, please don't give the thread to the Kmart reps. If nobody else wants to take it over I will, but I saw what they did to the kmart clearance thread and it would be a shame for it to happen to this one as well.[/QUOTE]

SHC-gamer's brief run over the Kmart clearance thread has been over for a while. Kay has provided some updates to it but shc has his own thread with all of the other Shc people....but it was certainly better before Kaydigi was interrupted!

Like others have said, thanks for all the hard work phear3d! Even though I joined in kinda late, this is one of the few threads that i regularly checked and have actually had some success with

i gotta say that i agree with majority of people here. i haven't been able to find a single good clearance item at target and kmart, yet due to this thread i've been able to pick up 11 separate titles in the last couple of months.

now that phear3d's stepping down (thanks for the hard work!), let's keep the spririt of the thread alive in his honor.

[quote name='david12795']what did they do to it? looks normal to me lol.[/QUOTE]

they didn't do anything to it.

the paranoia got out of hand and every got tinfoil hats 3 for 1.

I'm a latecomer to this thread but I always appreciate the folks who "adopt" the clearance threads since it's an ongoing committment rather than a one-off deal.

Thanks phear3d!

keepin' it real cheap,

phear3d
[/QUOTE]

You people jinxed the thread about 3 pages ago by saying this was the only clearance thread not going to crap...

[quote name='spedmunki']You people jinxed the thread about 3 pages ago by saying this was the only clearance thread not going to crap...[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, "You people"?

[quote name='spedmunki']You people jinxed the thread about 3 pages ago by saying this was the only clearance thread not going to crap...[/QUOTE]

I blame internet tough guy Ralph Wiggum and his tinfoil obsession.

keepin' it real cheap,

phear3d[/QUOTE]
Thanks for maintaining this thread for as long as you did. I'd rather see the thread go to another CAG as opposed to the SHC crew, since it seems like since their arrival on CAG clearance has come to a halt at Kmart at least. So if they got ahold of Sears and looked into just how low the prices have been going there, I fear it would be the end of the clearance there as well.
[quote name='david12795']what did they do to it? looks normal to me lol.[/QUOTE]
You mean aside from the lack of any drops for at least a month or two, the posting of drops in 'averaged' format with no clearly defined and divided lists like kaydigi used to provide and the total death of anything worthwhile to talk about as far as Kmart clearance goes?

If not for all of that, then yeah the Kmart clearance thread has remained normal.:roll:

When I said 'averaged format', I meant that instead of giving us a list of what the prices SHOULD be per game across the whole chain, the SHC crew put out a list that contained weird clearance prices instead of the usual $9.97/$4.97/etc pricing levels. It was as if they put into the system every number that each store in the chain had for those games and averaged them out for the whole chain.

Mind you, some of those prices were much lower than anything has typically gone at Kmart before, but upon price checking some of those items at my local stores they came up much higher meaning that their new system of giving the 'new prices' was wayyyyy off and we were better off with kaydigi's updates.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

You mean aside from the lack of any drops for at least a month or two, the posting of drops in 'averaged' format with no clearly defined and divided lists like kaydigi used to provide and the total death of anything worthwhile to talk about as far as Kmart clearance goes?

If not for all of that, then yeah the Kmart clearance thread has remained normal.:roll:

When I said 'averaged format', I meant that instead of giving us a list of what the prices SHOULD be per game across the whole chain, the SHC crew put out a list that contained weird clearance prices instead of the usual $9.97/$4.97/etc pricing levels. It was as if they put into the system every number that each store in the chain had for those games and averaged them out for the whole chain.

Mind you, some of those prices were much lower than anything has typically gone at Kmart before, but upon price checking some of those items at my local stores they came up much higher meaning that their new system of giving the 'new prices' was wayyyyy off and we were better off with kaydigi's updates.[/QUOTE]

so if i understand correctly, shc changed the clearance games prices? if they didn't change the actual clearance prices, then how would it affect the thread? people can still go in and check for any price drops personally right? correct me if im wrong.

funny how shc has 2 sides. one side is they give great discounts on new games (from shc-gamer. the other side is they are horrible at clearance games. lol

again, correct me if im wrong, i may have misinterpret you. but i appreciate for the explanation :D

[quote name='david12795']so if i understand correctly, shc changed the clearance games prices? if they didn't change the actual clearance prices, then how would it affect the thread? people can still go in and check for any price drops personally right? correct me if im wrong.

funny how shc has 2 sides. one side is they give great discounts on new games (from shc-gamer. the other side is they are horrible at clearance games. lol

again, correct me if im wrong, i may have misinterpret you. but i appreciate for the explanation :D[/QUOTE]
What I meant is that instead of listing what the current clearance prices should have been for games at Kmart when posting an updated clearance list, they listed an average of what the current prices were across all of the stores in the chain and averaged that out to come up with the 'new clearance prices'.

Since they showed up on CAG clearance prices at Kmart have stagnated and nothing has moved downward on the usual clearance price schedule.

And judging from the measly $1 drops that xderekrx listed, the stagnation of clearance pricing is happening at Sears now as well. We typically had everything dropping at a normal pace with very few interruptions to the cycle before SHC and crew showed up.

Maybe SHC and crew have absolutely nothing to do with the stagnation, but before they showed up on CAG it seemed like everything dropped just about every month without fail. Since their arrival it seems like the focus has been on putting newer games on sale(which is nice)and the clearance games have been frozen in price.

[quote name='freeorelse']Clearance at Sears and Kmart is dead. Long live the clearance.[/QUOTE]

man, i knew something like this would happen.....fuck!!...i know for a fact this dude was sitting back in the his office thinking of BS like this, its funny the moment he started his "kmart" thread (6/10), then mysteriously the next month clearance drops are now $1 drops @ sears.....hmmmm....i wonder why.......looks like sears wont be getting anymore of my money....ive bought tv's, appliances, tools (lots of tools), games, etc etc etc....and im already regretting it....fuck man....

what games are the ones with $1 drops??? recent?? old??????

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What I meant is that instead of listing what the current clearance prices should have been for games at Kmart when posting an updated clearance list, they listed an average of what the current prices were across all of the stores in the chain and averaged that out to come up with the 'new clearance prices'.

Since they showed up on CAG clearance prices at Kmart have stagnated and nothing has moved downward on the usual clearance price schedule.

And judging from the measly $1 drops that xderekrx listed, the stagnation of clearance pricing is happening at Sears now as well. We typically had everything dropping at a normal pace with very few interruptions to the cycle before SHC and crew showed up.

Maybe SHC and crew have absolutely nothing to do with the stagnation, but before they showed up on CAG it seemed like everything dropped just about every month without fail. Since their arrival it seems like the focus has been on putting newer games on sale(which is nice)and the clearance games have been frozen in price.[/QUOTE]

oh that makes sense, i mean no other stores beat sears's clearance prices. :D

true, and by the time i started getting good luck with sears clearances, this happens -_-.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Nobody panic! Just calm the fuck down![/QUOTE]

you do realise when someone says dont panic, it means............

PANIC!!! :whee:

I didnt do anymore scanning today but I still wouldnt panic on the 1$ drops.

Ill be honest. Ive been doing Sears for so many years and I dont remember ever having 1$ drops.

Like 4.97 dropping to 3.97 and 19.97 going to 18.97 are things Ive not witnessed in my cagging years.

Maybe since I got job there they caught on :) JK

Part of me hopes Im wrong Friday but I cant argue with a computer.

This isn't the first time recently that sears has done something odd with the drops. The last batch of games, PS3 dropped to 10 when the 360 games only dropped to 12 or 13, followed by PS3 for 5 and 360 for 10. Unusual. Hopefully the dollar drops for July are either just your store or just a one time thing for the month of July (like others have said, there was no drop last July). At least there is some sort of indication of some type of drop this month, stop being so dramatic people ;o

Yes you are right. A few months back 14.97s dropped to 12.97. that was the start of me thinking something might be up.

I mentioned it before though. Sears wants product out of its store. They hate clutter. Games begin to clutter because no one buys them.

If they start doing 1 dollar drops, they will be left with some heavy clutter they do not want. So theres no way they keep this up in my opinion. I

So I agree with callmewoof, this month might suck but lets wait til next month panic.

[quote name='david12795']oh that makes sense, i mean no other stores beat sears's clearance prices. :D

true, and by the time i started getting good luck with sears clearances, this happens -_-.[/QUOTE]
Since joining CAG I've had the most luck at Sears and Kmart and the least luck at getting stuff from Target(unless it's from some store way out of my own area, since the local ones NEVER drop shit fast there:roll:).

So if Kmart and Sears start doing piddily drops and/or stuff completely disappears too early in a cycle, then I guess I'll have to resort to buying games from Gamestop more often.:puke:

Only times I've been buying from them was lately and only cuz I had a shitton of cheap credit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since joining CAG I've had the most luck at Sears and Kmart and the least luck at getting stuff from Target(unless it's from some store way out of my own area, since the local ones NEVER drop shit fast there:roll:).

So if Kmart and Sears start doing piddily drops and/or stuff completely disappears too early in a cycle, then I guess I'll have to resort to buying games from Gamestop more often.:puke:

Only times I've been buying from them was lately and only cuz I had a shitton of cheap credit.[/QUOTE]

same, but their promotions aren't bad (like 35% off used games). plus if anything, i'd buy their games online with all my credit and flip it back to gazelle/dealtree :p

ahh i miss that HWV $4.99 sale...

bbv closing soon, and no more sears drops and penny guides being snatched early... if it wasn't for all the glitches this would be a bad year for a cag

I think everything has changed since Gamerguy on K-mart board appeared on this CAG boards. That guy said that he is the new director of both Kmart and Sears game divisions. He orchestrates everything game related in the stores... My guess is that he doesn't like we CASs sweep all the clearance games out, and his main target, casual customers, whom the stores try to get to the others stuffs with cheap games, don't have any chance to get the cheap games. After he came to our CAG boards, K-mart clearance as well as Sears one became TERRIBLE! What a good job he did!

[quote name='infini2001']I think everything has changed since Gamerguy on K-mart board appeared on this CAG boards. That guy said that he is the new director of both Kmart and Sears game divisions. He orchestrates everything game related in the stores... My guess is that he doesn't like we CASs sweep all the clearance games out, and his main target, casual customers, whom the stores try to get to the others stuffs with cheap games, don't have any chance to get the cheap games. After he came to our CAG boards, K-mart clearance as well as Sears one became TERRIBLE! What a good job he did![/QUOTE]

internetlynchmob.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What I meant is that instead of listing what the current clearance prices should have been for games at Kmart when posting an updated clearance list, they listed an average of what the current prices were across all of the stores in the chain and averaged that out to come up with the 'new clearance prices'.[/QUOTE]

I didnt understand then, and still dont understand now what the big problem was with the list; especiallay from you IATCG. You seem to be a big fan of making people do their 'homework' and not posting lists where they are easy to grab, so I'd have thought you'd be all for a jumbled list to 'stop el Hordo'.

Seriously, I personally dont care if they reported the 'price' correctly. I just need to know what games are on clearance. We all scan games and if they dont scan at a price we want to pay, we just leave it. So if I see a list with Banjo at a price of $6.66, it doesnt matter. I'm not buying till it scans @ $2.97. But without "insider knowledge" how will we know what games have even entered the clearance cycle? It's easy to check drops, not easy to find newly clearanced games.

Look, I appreciate kaydigi as much as anyone and respect her decision to remain silent. But there was no real reason to bitch at SHC & crew over the list. The info was there if you were willing to to the tinyiest bit of legwork.

[quote name='hostyl1']I didnt understand then, and still dont understand now what the big problem was with the list; especiallay from you IATCG. You seem to be a big fan of making people do their 'homework' and not posting lists where they are easy to grab, so I'd have thought you'd be all for a jumbled list to 'stop el Hordo'.

Seriously, I personally dont care if they reported the 'price' correctly. I just need to know what games are on clearance. We all scan games and if they dont scan at a price we want to pay, we just leave it. So if I see a list with Banjo at a price of $6.66, it doesnt matter. I'm not buying till it scans @ $2.97. But without "insider knowledge" how will we know what games have even entered the clearance cycle? It's easy to check drops, not easy to find newly clearanced games.

Look, I appreciate kaydigi as much as anyone and respect her decision to remain silent. But there was no real reason to bitch at SHC & crew over the list. The info was there if you were willing to to the tinyiest bit of legwork.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'd be all for encrypting the lists via some sort of complex code that required you to remove every third letter/number just to decipher the clearance list.;) Make it a REAL challenge for the lurkers who just cut/paste it into their iPhone and go to Kmart/Sears to clear the place out.:D

At least then it wouldn't be so easy for other folks to just cut/paste it to other deal sites without first decoding it.:D

As for not wanting to do legwork, I just wished that the lists were with the prices they should be. Maybe kay spoiled us by listing the actual price the items should be as opposed to the averaged price like SHC was doing.

[quote name='hostyl1']

Look, I appreciate kaydigi as much as anyone and respect her decision to remain silent. But there was no real reason to bitch at SHC & crew over the list. The info was there if you were willing to to the tinyiest bit of legwork.[/QUOTE]

People just need a scapegoat. When clearance items dry up, someone is to blame, dammit! Whether it's El Hoardo or The Man, CAGs need someone to rage impotently at.

In the Target thread, it's the Plastic Prisons.

But again, I've always said that not updating the OP is foolish --- i mean not updating it for months at a time (holy crap, i just checked and the OP hasn't been updating since NOVEMBER) -- I have no problem with giving CAGs who comb the thread a week headstart on clearance hunting. I'd gladly take it over and actually publish a useful OP (you know, more than 1 update a year) but then people might bitch at me for ruining their clearance. :roll:

IATTCG - Wasn't I the one that suggested encryption as a possible way to keep lurkers out? (mostly as a problem solve). Then I thought about it for 2 minutes and realized it was stupid and unnecessary.

checked out a sears and didn't find any drops yet. but after having a bunch of games scanned, the clerk got pissed and refused to scan the picture frame.

does anyone know how much the colby 7 inch picture frame is supposed to be? the clerk said it is $49.99 but I don't believe him. It was the last one in stock sitting in some clearance pile.

[quote name='confoosious']People just need a scapegoat. When clearance items dry up, someone is to blame, dammit! Whether it's El Hoardo or The Man, CAGs need someone to rage impotently at.

In the Target thread, it's the Plastic Prisons.

But again, I've always said that not updating the OP is foolish --- i mean not updating it for months at a time (holy crap, i just checked and the OP hasn't been updating since NOVEMBER) -- I have no problem with giving CAGs who comb the thread a week headstart on clearance hunting. I'd gladly take it over and actually publish a useful OP (you know, more than 1 update a year) but then people might bitch at me for ruining their clearance. :roll:

IATTCG - Wasn't I the one that suggested encryption as a possible way to keep lurkers out? (mostly as a problem solve). Then I thought about it for 2 minutes and realized it was stupid and unnecessary.[/QUOTE]
Damn you. Don't mess with my clearance games, sonny. Keeping the first post as is is a fine way to keep those damned lurkers(and most anyone else who doesn't pay attention to this thread more than once a month;))from stealing all of my Gamestop trade...errrrrr I mean my games that I play and enjoy thoroughly after getting so cheaply.:D

Now get off my lawn.:bomb:

Maybe the first post int he new thread should just be an imformation hub..

Namely explain terms for noobs, and give links or whatever to the sites you use to create your scan sheets... If all else just put in the main post clearly that deals are listed throught the thread so check it to find deals posted by other CAG... that would most likely chase off a bunch of lurkers seeing they would have to actually watch the thread but all in all they will never go away because some will do the leg work...

Most of us regulars on this thread are already used to just watching posts to see what prices are being found,etc....
Either way whomever takes over this thread GL and look forward to seeing the new layout.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Maybe the first post int he new thread should just be an imformation hub..

Namely explain terms for noobs, and give links or whatever to the sites you use to create your scan sheets... If all else just put in the main post clearly that deals are listed throught the thread so check it to find deals posted by other CAG... that would most likely chase off a bunch of lurkers seeing they would have to actually watch the thread but all in all they will never go away because some will do the leg work...

Most of us regulars on this thread are already used to just watching posts to see what prices are being found,etc....
Either way whomever takes over this thread GL and look forward to seeing the new layout.[/QUOTE]

What he said^

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']phear3d, please don't give the thread to the Kmart reps. If nobody else wants to take it over I will, but I saw what they did to the kmart clearance thread and it would be a shame for it to happen to this one as well.[/QUOTE]

+1 vote for this cag ...

I would like to see confoosious take this on because he doesnt seem like he will take any shit from the cry babies or IATCG seeing he runs the Reduced Guide thread and does an excellent job there.

bread's done
Back