Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

found Lips with 2 mics for $18.97 at an out of state Sears while I was vacationing in Missouri. I decided to returned it to my state Sears when I got back. A week later I went in to rebuy it at the returned Sears and the price jumped up to $59.99. not a good idea as I should of just kept it while it was $20. now to pay another visit to Sears and get my $60 back. what happened?!

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']They were using special knife-resistant kevlar tape. Totally stops shoplifters. :D[/QUOTE]
It may have been knife resistant, but it wasn't peel resistant, since I saw a few games with the tape half peeled off.:roll:
[quote name='shinryu333']found Lips with 2 mics for $18.97 at an out of state Sears while I was vacationing in Missouri. I decided to returned it to my state Sears when I got back. A week later I went in to rebuy it at the returned Sears and the price jumped up to $59.99. not a good idea as I should of just kept it while it was $20. now to pay another visit to Sears and get my $60 back. what happened?![/QUOTE]
That's why I always check the price on a scanner en route to electronics to return the games I'm going to try and return/rebuy locally. Case in point, I just recently returned a copy of Wolfenstein for the PS3 that I bought at $10 at a further Sears. It's $15 at my closest store.:roll:

What happens is I guess some managers don't want to activate the price drops since they don't feel they should sell stuff for that cheap.:roll:

That's why I wish the price drops happened automatically with no way to override them across the entire frickin' chain.:bomb: It would put an end to this YMMV crap pretty quick.

Of course the best was walking into a Circuit City and having a bitch manager tell me she wouldn't sell me shit cuz the price wasn't right(still marked $49.99 but came up $5:lol:). They think you tampered with the price in their system somehow when THEY don't keep track of their own stores pricing. fuckin' idiots.

As for me, there's two of the Lips bundles at my closest Sears and they're full price here too.

[quote name='Mastastic']The Cookeville, TN Sears was barren today.[/QUOTE]
Aw, even the copies of A Boy and His Blob? It had a bunch there the last time I was there. :/ Thanks for the heads up. :D

I picked up Rock Revolution for the PS3 for a a whopping $.97; well worth the money. Gamestop told me that if I wanted to get rid of it they would give me $.40 for it lol

[quote name='muscles_soccer']I picked up Rock Revolution for the PS3 for a a whopping $.97; well worth the money. Gamestop told me that if I wanted to get rid of it they would give me $.40 for it lol[/QUOTE]

Instead of giving it to GS, use the case as a replacement case, the manual as toilet paper, and the disc as a drink coaster. Tada, good use of 97 cents. lol :D

[quote name='addicted2games']Instead of giving it to GS, use the case as a replacement case, the manual as toilet paper, and the disc as a drink coaster. Tada, good use of 97 cents. lol :D[/QUOTE]
:lol:

They can't even give them away at Best Buy. They have them on the reduced game rack up front at many stores, they're marked $5 and the cart is either 25 or 50% off and they still can't get rid of them.

[quote name='addicted2games']Instead of giving it to GS, use the case as a replacement case, the manual as toilet paper, and the disc as a drink coaster. Tada, good use of 97 cents. lol :D[/QUOTE]

Haha I picked up Rock Revolution for $.97 a month ago at Sears for the sole purpose of getting a replacement case for the used copy of Uncharted I bought at a closing HWV for $10. :D

You could also use the disc as a mini-frisbee.

I still have my multiple copies of Rock Revolution from Best Buy's B2G1 blunder this past holiday season. I can't even GIVE THEM AWAY to friends, they act like I am trying to give them the plague.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Aw, even the copies of A Boy and His Blob? It had a bunch there the last time I was there. :/ Thanks for the heads up. :D[/QUOTE]

Those were gone by the time I got there LAST month. The only games they had left were the PS3 Guitar Hero games and Far Cry 2 for 9.97. I didn't notice any other decent games for low prices.

Picked up another
3.97 PS3 Motorstorm Pacific Rift
3.97 PS3 FarCry2
and I'm keeping the 9.97 of PS3 Star Wars: Republic Heroes to play...

There was 2 copies of LocoRoco, but they rang up 29.99!?!?

[quote name='sadakou']I wish I could find a cheap drum set for Rock Revolution so I could at least get SOME use out of it =\[/QUOTE]

My local hastings has a few brand new ones for the PS3 for $15. If you live by one you should check em out.

[quote name='VFL83']My local hastings has a few brand new ones for the PS3 for $15. If you live by one you should check em out.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! There is one nearby I will check out. Thank you :D

[quote name='NipPicker']damn it , can anyone fine me all those game for ps3 .. i will pay extra for it[/QUOTE]

sure. i'll get right on that for you.

^^^^ jeez i can wish someone will do it.. dont have to ruin the kid dream .. next the your be saying would be like santa not real, tooth is yo daddy, easter bunny out to get you

[quote name='NipPicker']^^^^ jeez i can wish someone will do it.. dont have to ruin the kid dream .. next the your be saying would be like santa not real, tooth is yo daddy, easter bunny out to get you[/QUOTE]

:shock: WTF did I just read?!

Alright dude, what if I pick up this game for you?

955858_116934_front.jpg

holy shit ! i really need to proof read what i write. never liked taking english. that why i speak and write engrish. and that game wouldnt help either im not a mexican. though i do like burritos and tacos

[quote name='NipPicker']holy shit ! i really need to proof read what i write. never liked taking english. that why i speak and write engrish. and that game wouldnt help either im not a mexican. though i do like burritos and tacos[/QUOTE]

You and more than half of the internet hate English. Pretty soon we'll have broken, cockney styled American English. And wow, automatically say Mexican when it's Spanish. I find that offensive.

[quote name='dabamus']Um... he said he isn't a Mexican... he didn't call the language Mexican...[/QUOTE]

You don't see what he did? He offended everyone that speaks Spanish by assuming everyone that does is a Mexican. Quite offensive, in my opinion. If I was from Spain and spoke Spanish and I was called a Mexican, I would be offended. Wouldn't you?

Either way, he's an idiot, so we can drop it, can't we?

[quote name='DarkRider23']If I was from Spain and spoke Spanish and I was called a Mexican, I would be offended. Wouldn't you?[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the OT but wouldn't this line of thinking make you the racist?

I had the worst experience at my Sears today. I could find games for cheap very easily. The very same store I found Metroid Prime Trilogy from. There were some new employees in the electronics department talking about how the cleaned out the backroom of all of the video games that were cheap.

Nothing worse than employees who love games and know about the deals in their store. I don''t think I will stand a chance at that store anymore.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']I had the worst experience at my Sears today. I could find games for cheap very easily. The very same store I found Metroid Prime Trilogy from. There were some new employees in the electronics department talking about how the cleaned out the backroom of all of the video games that were cheap.

Nothing worse than employees who love games and know about the deals in their store. I don''t think I will stand a chance at that store anymore.[/QUOTE]
Luckily for me it's mostly older folks working at the two local stores, though someone is obviously cleaning out both stores, since I haven't found very many games in forever at either.:roll:

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']IATCG the guys actually told me don't even bother looking through one section of games as they already got everything :shock::cry::baby:[/QUOTE]
That's American macho for you.

Made out pretty good at 2 different Sears today. Mostly just stuff for flipping through the Gamestop Trade 3/Get $10 Extra promo (although I think I'll keep the Star Wars game, give it a run through).

6x $1.97 Ener-g Gym Rockets DS(3 from each store, although one still had at least 5+ left. Considering going back to get more to flip to Gazelle for $5 each)
3x $1.97 LocoRoco 2 PSP
2x $0.97 Rock Revolution PS3 (Replacement cases for the win!)
1x $3.97 Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes 360
1x $0.97 Viva Pinata 1 360
1x $0.50 TNA Impact 360

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']IATCG the guys actually told me don't even bother looking through one section of games as they already got everything :shock::cry::baby:[/QUOTE]
That's why I said I'm glad there's no gamers at either store near me(that I know of anyway). But someone obviously grabbed everything up recently from there, since there were at least some decent deals left(Dirt 2 for PS3, for one).

hey everyone, what are you guys are doing with your metroid prime trilogy collector's edtion (wii)? have you guys been picking them up just to trade to amazon or gazelle ($30 tiv), or are you keeping them for yourselves? will they be collector's items in the future and thus worth more than $30, or should I just send in mine now and collect the $30?

Went to most of the Sears in Pennsylvania yesterday and cleared out most of their good clearance games. I'll post a list + pictures later. Probably gonna break the character limit per post because i got so many games.

[quote name='ninja dog']Went to most of the Sears in Pennsylvania yesterday and cleared out most of their good clearance games. I'll post a list + pictures later. Probably gonna break the character limit per post because i got so many games.[/QUOTE]
That's unpossible....cuz I already hit and cleared out every Sears in PA.;):razz:

This must be the worst situation ever. El Hoardos working in the Sears electronics department. Maybe, they are just working there for a summer job, right?

So, is it pretty much confirmed that most clearance games just dropped a dollar this month?

[quote name='kk012']This must be the worst situation ever. El Hoardos working in the Sears electronics department. Maybe, they are just working there for a summer job, right?

So, is it pretty much confirmed that most clearance games just dropped a dollar this month?[/QUOTE]
This is why I always avoid the younger guys that work there for both scans and purchases. Think about it. Just by purchasing games, we create el frankenhoardo! It is a vicious cycle! The first thing one of those guys will do after they ring you up for your copy of far cry 2 or whatever is to go el hoardo on the rest of the batch. I only allow myself to get rung up by the older workers. Most of the time I even bring my games out of that section of electronics down to a register at the whirlpool washing machines and ask to be rung up there.

Remember, cags. keep your purchases on the downlow or el frankenhoardo will be the death of us!

Thanks I thought the PS3 version might have been on clearance too but I guess that explains why the store still had it since it if it was $0.97 (with other games correctly tagged) it would have been long gone.

I was keeping my purchases to an older gentleman who helped me no problem. I avoided the young people. last time I was there I did very well. I stopped by randomly today and they were redoing the game section. I think that is what tipped them off. I had never seen them before. There were guys just walking over telling me don't bother as there aren't any games good clearance games. i will try Friday with my new old friend as he is probobly the one who gave me games from their stash.

They did try to throw me a bone and give me Unreal Tornament for 360 at 14.97 but I passed.

update: the two sears in my area finally got the drop to $3.97 from $5. no ninja gaiden 2 sigma ps3 at either location though...all i saw were the same old guitar hero world tours

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3rd and final store in my area:

Imagine: Family Doctor (DS) - .25 :drool: It was still there, through all these drops
Ener-G Gym Rockets (DS) x3 - 1.97
LocoRoco 2 (PSP) x3 - 1.97
MLB 2K9 (PS3) - 1.97
MLB 2K9 (Wii) - 3.97
Medieval Games (Wii) x2 - .97
Spyborgs (Wii) - .97
TNA Impact! (Wii) x2 - .50
TNA Impact! (360) - .50

15 games for $23.77. Pretty good haul once again

i've been waiting on either guitar hero smash hits and or gh:WT. went back to the sears today by work that had 10+ copies of each and now they are all gone :(

I don't know how you guys are able to get like 5+ games in one go! I'm lucky if I find 1 game that's less than $15 once every 3-4 visits!

Meriden, CT Sears still never has anything on clearance as of late. I know a month ago they had metroid prime trilogy but I've never seen it marked on clearance, and of course now all the copies are gone.

They even had Fallout 3 GOTY and Batman AA OUTSIDE of the case despite being full price. It's like they wanted them to be stolen.

bread's done
Back