Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='akalboy']I don't know how you guys are able to get like 5+ games in one go! I'm lucky if I find 1 game that's less than $15 once every 3-4 visits![/QUOTE]

You gotta travel a lil. Go outside you're box a bit. You'll find a store that's good and doesn't get hit hard. Then you can go back there and clean up when the drops come. If I only went to the nearest of each retail store that has clearance chances are I wouldn't come out with much. Whereas I could drive an hour and find multiple targets and sears and bestbuy etc and come back with 25 games. Sure it may take a tank of gas and a day's time but to save hundreds of dollars it's worth it!

[quote name='smcmanus1980']You gotta travel a lil. Go outside you're box a bit. You'll find a store that's good and doesn't get hit hard. Then you can go back there and clean up when the drops come. If I only went to the nearest of each retail store that has clearance chances are I wouldn't come out with much. Whereas I could drive an hour and find multiple targets and sears and bestbuy etc and come back with 25 games. Sure it may take a tank of gas and a day's time but to save hundreds of dollars it's worth it![/QUOTE]

true, plus for me its also the thrill of the hunt of finding clearance games

[quote name='addicted2games']true, plus for me its also the thrill of the hunt of finding clearance games[/QUOTE]

i jus love the feeling when i feel like im "stealing" games

[quote name='addicted2games']true, plus for me its also the thrill of the hunt of finding clearance games[/QUOTE]

The problem is when you pick up TNA Impact for 97 cents but you have no idea what to do with it except use the Sting DVD as a frisbee/coaster.

Amen brother. On another note there's a a bunch of clearance games that I've seen in my travels that have eluded mention on here as far as I can tell. At the beginning of the year I picked up little league 2008 or 2009 or something for the Wii for 2 or 3 bucks. Maybe 3 months ago Civilization for DS for $4. RSV2 is on clearance now for 8 or nine. Obscure Wii has been holding for like a year at $10 for some reason. Some stupid Pet Vets games just entered the cycle at too much $ along with Secret Agent Clank and R-type for PSP. Endwar PSP is like $3. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch more.

[quote name='confoosious']The problem is when you pick up TNA Impact for 97 cents but you have no idea what to do with it except use the Sting DVD as a frisbee/coaster.[/QUOTE]

I give them away as gifts. I give so many games to friends and family as gifts, they regard me as some kind of crazy year-round video game Santa. Even though they know I hunt for clearance deals, they're always amazed when I pull stuff out for them. I've gotten four of those TNA Impacts so far - one went to my nephews, and two went to coworkers, and the last one went on eBay and got me $10. Sweet, it paid for the gas money!!

Another thing I like to do is give games to charity. There's a shelter for runaway/recovering addict teenagers down the road for me, I've given them a shitload of :360: games because someone donated a console over Christmas. Recently I found out that it broke (got dropped, so no free RROD repair :( ) so I'm in the hunt for a replacement.

Seriously, I never, ever pass up a $1-2 game unless it's an old Madden. SOMEONE will want it!

[quote name='Mike Toole']I give them away as gifts. I give so many games to friends and family as gifts, they regard me as some kind of crazy year-round video game Santa. Even though they know I hunt for clearance deals, they're always amazed when I pull stuff out for them. I've gotten four of those TNA Impacts so far - one went to my nephews, and two went to coworkers, and the last one went on eBay and got me $10. Sweet, it paid for the gas money!!

Another thing I like to do is give games to charity. There's a shelter for runaway/recovering addict teenagers down the road for me, I've given them a shitload of :360: games because someone donated a console over Christmas. Recently I found out that it broke (got dropped, so no free RROD repair :( ) so I'm in the hunt for a replacement.

Seriously, I never, ever pass up a $1-2 game unless it's an old Madden. SOMEONE will want it![/QUOTE]

Nice! When i pick up cheap games, i usually use them as trick a treat gifts for the local kids around the neighborhood. It's a good substitute than candy. The donation route is a very nice thing too. I might have to find a good cause to give all my extras games too.

[quote name='dan13l858']Nice! When i pick up cheap games, i usually use them as trick a treat gifts for the local kids around the neighborhood. It's a good substitute than candy. The donation route is a very nice thing too. I might have to find a good cause to give all my extras games too.[/QUOTE]

thats nice. i never thought about that.

A few prices I saw:

Markdowns:

Little Big Planet GOTY - $9.99
Persona 3 (with artbook/soundtrack) - $9.99
PS3 Dark Void - $4.99
PS3 Burnout Paradise - $4.99
PS3 Devil May Cry 4 - $9.99

Wii Zack and Wiki - $9.99

There were a few others, but that's all I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']A few prices I saw:

Markdowns:

Clearance:

PS3 Dark Void - $4.97
PS3 Burnout Paradise - $4.97
PS3 Devil May Cry 4 - $4.97

Wii Zack and Wiki - $4.97

There were a few others, but that's all I remember.[/QUOTE]

Dark Void for $4.97? Wow. Anyone else can confirm this? If no one does I'll try to check out Sears after work in like 12 hrs.

On a side note I did manage to find 1 game on Clearance
:360: Shadowrun $1.97

Hadn't seen Shadowrun in like 6 months so I picked it up.

Just nabbed :360:TC's Hawx for 8.97. It was marked 9.97 with a pink/purple colored sticker but it rang up 8.97.

I see a lot of very low prices being mentioned in this thread. For example, games that are .50 or .97. Are all of these games being found marked this low? Or are you taking them to the register and getting the price scanned? Only reason I am asking is because several of the games that mentioned on here going for that cheap are still 15 or 20 dollars at my Sears.....thanks!

Markdowns:

Clearance:

PS3 Dark Void - $4.97
PS3 Burnout Paradise - $4.97
PS3 Devil May Cry 4 - $4.97

Wii Zack and Wiki - $4.97

It would be sweet if someone else could confirm these seeing it may be YMMV and my stores dont open for about an hour..

[quote name='rybrammer']Just nabbed :360:TC's Hawx for 8.97. It was marked 9.97 with a pink/purple colored sticker but it rang up 8.97.

I see a lot of very low prices being mentioned in this thread. For example, games that are .50 or .97. Are all of these games being found marked this low? Or are you taking them to the register and getting the price scanned? Only reason I am asking is because several of the games that mentioned on here going for that cheap are still 15 or 20 dollars at my Sears.....thanks![/QUOTE]

ALWAYS scan for yourself.. For instance, that Imagine Family Doctor I found for 25 cents? It was labeled $9.99.. That's how we manage to get these great deals, because the majority of stores don't update stickers for 2-3 months, maybe ever.

[quote name='ninja dog']Ill check out DMC4 PS3 today. I'd buy yet another copy of that game for that price.[/QUOTE]

What price are they? I saw a couple at my store

I had DMC4 for PS3 scanned on Monday and it came up as 29.99 still. Are Sears YMMV as well? I hadnt seen that mentioned in this thread, so I thought they were standard across all stores.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']What price are they? I saw a couple at my store[/QUOTE]

A few posts back someone said $4.97... to me it seems very ymmv but you never know.

[quote name='Derrick1979']A few posts back someone said $4.97... to me it seems very ymmv but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks, hadn't seen it mentioned. I'll check it next month

[quote name='Derrick1979']It would be sweet if someone else could confirm these seeing it may be YMMV and my stores dont open for about an hour..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd be all over DMC4 and Dark Void at that price. Imight even pick up a Persona 3 again to loan out - more people should try P3 & P4.

[quote name='wrencrest']I had DMC4 for PS3 scanned on Monday and it came up as 29.99 still. Are Sears YMMV as well? I hadnt seen that mentioned in this thread, so I thought they were standard across all stores.[/QUOTE]
Both Sears and Target are highly YMMV, while it would seem that a good percentage of Kmart stores are spot on with each drop, though there probably all the stragglers where the manager(s) decide to void out the drops somehow in their system. Be it for them not wanting to sell their inventory that cheap or whatever the case may be.

It's really quite annoying, since the only non YMMV clearance that I've seen is TRU. They seem to do their updates automatically without any need for employees to enter them or not. That's how it should be across ALL chains, since if it's left to the employees to enter them it may NEVER get done, as we've seen with the other chains.:roll:

Of course their clearance has sucked so much and had so little I've actually wanted over the last couple of years that I stopped paying attention at all to the clearance thread for them.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Derrick1979']Saw a copy of Metroid Prime 3 with a March clearance sticker of $29.97.. had it scanned and bam $29.97 :roll:[/QUOTE]

Better to buy and return/rebuy next month, than to miss out entirely.

Still waiting/looking for MUA2 for 360 to drop below $10. $4.97 would be fabulous.

[quote name='shieryda']Better to buy and return/rebuy next month, than to miss out entirely.

Still waiting/looking for MUA2 for 360 to drop below $10. $4.97 would be fabulous.[/QUOTE]
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 rung up as $30 when I checked my Sears yesterday. Not even on clearance at all.

[quote name='zpoor17']Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 rung up as $30 when I checked my Sears yesterday. Not even on clearance at all.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Perhaps I'll just Goozex it. Need 2 more for my bro-in-law and another buddy, though.

After the reaction to the prices, I went back to Sears to double check. I was off a bit. Here are corrections/additions:

All of the clearance games I mentioned are actually markdowns. I have no idea why I had in my mind that they were clearanced. Anyway, Devil May Cry 4 and Zack and Wiki are actually $9.99 and not $4.99. The others are just changed from .97 to .99. I've edited my original post to reflect this. Other drops:

PS3 Prototype $9.99
PS3 Street Fighter IV $9.99
PS3 Tekken 6 with slip cover $9.99
PS3 Mirror's Edge $9.99

Wii Muramasa: The Demon Blade $3.97 (yes, .97. I bought this one.)

[quote name='Derrick1979']Saw a copy of Metroid Prime 3 with a March clearance sticker of $29.97.. had it scanned and bam $29.97 :roll:[/QUOTE]

That should have been $9.97 or less by now.

Could some one point me to a good place to look up upc's? I've been reading the thread but if anyone posted a site I must have missed it! Thanks!

Also I picked up :360: Wolfenstein for $12.97 at the Sears at Cumberland Mall in GA. I think they have 2 or 3 left. :)

I printed out some UPC's, I am hoping to get to Sears before they close at 9, I'll post if they are YMMV or not if I get there before closing

I found a lot of clearances not mentioned yet:

Dualshock 2 19.97 (I only saw silver and blue colored, not sure if black is)
PS3 psyclone touch chargers 18.97 (good if it lasts a couple more drops)
Rockband guitar straps 3.97
Rockband drumsticks 3.97
Rockband starter kits (includes guitar strap and drumsticks and stickers ec) 12.97
psp external battery charger 24.97
psp starter kit 12.97
psp umd case 9.97
nerf wii sports accessories dont remember price
psp av cable 12.97(?)
psp 4gb memory stick (dont remember price)
Basically there were A LOT of newly clearanced accessories (mainly for psp, wii, and rockband stuff) that I didn't remember the prices on.

I only picked up:
360 Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes 3.97

Markdowns:

PS3 Dark Void - $4.99

Well I went to check on these titles myself and found that all the titles that were listed were $29.99 that is also including Tekken 6, SF4, and Prototype. I was truly hoping for the Persona 3 to drop to $9.99 because my Sears has two sitting there for months but its still was $49.99. So it does looks like it is YMMV. Just for reference this was a Southern Illinois store.

might have to stop by one of the two local sears and see if either dropped Persona 3... they have copies but it's been quite some time since I got a price check on them.

Markdowns:

PS3 Dark Void - $4.99

I stopped by one Sears tonight and scanned some UPCs. Unfortunately, the cheap games reported by kuroi kenshi weren't scanning for those prices :cry:

Markdowns:

PS3 Dark Void - $4.99

Checked my local Sears, all scanned in at full price 29.99.

HA yeah I fell for the same trap. GR MI Sears Little Big Planet $29.XX Burnout $19.XX

Many copies too that sucks oh well. I did see a few WII/360 GH:WT with the $1 mark down and some DS junkware and some of those Wiiguns and mats people have been reporting on clearance. Picked up nothing sadly.

[quote name='akalboy']I don't know how you guys are able to get like 5+ games in one go! I'm lucky if I find 1 game that's less than $15 once every 3-4 visits![/QUOTE]

You're visiting a Sears that has too much CAGS/SD traffic. You won't find anything at that particular store. All CAGs have at least 1 or 2 secret stores they visit each month. Find one in the your area that no one goes to.

[quote name='dan13l858']You're visiting a Sears that has too much CAGS/SD traffic. You won't find anything at that particular store. All CAGs have at least 1 or 2 secret stores they visit each month. Find one in the your area that no one goes to.[/QUOTE]
But it's no good if you tell your secret store location to a fellow CAG since you figure they'll never swing down that way, only to find out that they cleared out some of the games you were looking at nabbing when they dropped to 90% off or so.:bomb:

I made that mistake once recently, though that was also to keep me from grabbing much of anything there so I don't waste money on shit I'll never play. Although I've bought more than enough games that qualify in that right as it is recently.:roll:

It's like a compulsion with me. I see a cheap game and buy it, even though I know I'll probably never play it and end up flipping it for cash/credit someplace.:cry:

Found a few things at my local Sears:

Ener-g gym rockets (DS) 1.97
GH Smash Hits (Wii) 3.97
DDR Disney Grooves w/2 dance mats set (8.97)

Box on the DDR is a little worn but still a nice score. GH metallica for the Wii was ringing up at 19.99 (they had 5 of em) as did Viva Pinata: TIP and someone plucked the lone copy of Wolfenstein for the 360 that I was waiting on to hit $9.97 :cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
It's like a compulsion with me. I see a cheap game and buy it, even though I know I'll probably never play it and end up flipping it for cash/credit someplace.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I feel the same...if CAG style buying/flipping/trading/selling were an actual game, I'd have platinumed/maxed out achievements and gamer score 10x over. Is there a cagaholics annonymous? I easily sit at my laptop more hours each day than at any of the consoles I own.

On a side-side note: I found a super scratched up copy of Knights of the Old Republic XBOX in a stack of CDs I had lying around and popped it into my 360. I find it to be as good as any of these modern console games maybe better because of its simplicity. If you haven't played it, do so.

Oh yeah... found 2 more Motorstorm Pacific Rift hanging in those plastic security boxes in the full price section. I never really look there so I think I by passed them for 2 or more price reductions. BOOYAH 3.97!

Found Bakugan (360) for 7.99 last night, time to finally 1000/1000 it, then trade it in ^_^.

Had them scan a crapload of other games (Including Burnout Paradise, DMC4, Viva Pinata, and like 5 other games), and nothing at all was on clearance =/.

bread's done
Back