Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

:razz: Hey now. I resemble that remark. But in case you missed it, someone did quote SHC's comment that clearance games will no longer be going lower than $10 from here on out. So some of our 'paranoia' was well founded.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz: Hey now. I resemble that remark. But in case you missed it, someone did quote SHC's comment that clearance games will no longer be going lower than $10 from here on out. So some of our 'paranoia' was well founded.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Some of it. :)

I wish the lowest price point would be $5 instead of 10 but as long as stuff keeps getting clearanced, I'm ok with $10.

Remember all the handwringing about death of clearance and inside employees buying all the good stuff? Clearly, with all the problems reported in the kmart thread, kmart/sears employees don't care about video games any more than they did before SHC showed up. people see a guy in a suit and go bonkers. OH NOES! CORPORATE IS HERE! :whee:

It's fun to find $1,2,3,5 games but unless you get extremely lucky (say finding MPT at $5), most games aren't worth it if nobody will buy them even at $10. And you know as soon as it hits $5, El Hoardo is gonna scoop em all up anyway if they aren't buried. Seriously, Xblades could drop to $.47 cents but unless you need a spare case, is it worth your time to play that game? Not when every good CAG has a backlog longer than his arm.

(At this point, we will be bombarded with people saying how they found Panzer Dragoon at $1...)

What kills me is seeing stuff like Battalion Wars 2 at $20. Nobody is gonna buy that at $20.

So as long as more titles keep hitting the clearance cycle, I'm not worried about it capping at $10. Cause Fire Emblem Wii at $10 is still a steal.

[quote name='confoosious']either way, better safe than sorry and remove references to your actual location. that being said, don't sweat it. people are REALLY super extra paranoid in this thread in particular.[/QUOTE]

I think I removed all references. I really wish I could tell the execs somethings like, YOU SHOULD RAISE COMMISSION FOR YOUR SALES ASSOCIATES! IT WILL GO SO FAR TO BOOST EMPLOYEE MORALE!

[quote name='robotosan1080']I think I removed all references. I really wish I could tell the execs somethings like, YOU SHOULD RAISE COMMISSION FOR YOUR SALES ASSOCIATES! IT WILL GO SO FAR TO BOOST EMPLOYEE MORALE![/QUOTE]

I'd settle for "get some commissions, even if it's 1% on video game sales." Cause it sucks to go into a sears store and get snarled at if you dare break up the knitting circle next to appliances to ask for a video game out of the case.

^^^Battlion Wars 2 has been$19.97 since February 2009, I don't think it will ever drop. I know some stores went to $4.97 but my local store was at the $19.97 price.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']^^^Battlion Wars 2 has been$19.97 since February 2009, I don't think it will ever drop. I know some stores went to $4.97 but my local store was at the $19.97 price.[/QUOTE]

yeah, and i think 19.99 is the MSRP now. So... unless someone is desperate to get bw, it's never gonna sell.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, and i think 19.99 is the MSRP now. So... unless someone is desperate to get bw, it's never gonna sell.[/QUOTE]

BW looks fun, but does anyone even play that online anymore?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz: Hey now. I resemble that remark. But in case you missed it, someone did quote SHC's comment that clearance games will no longer be going lower than $10 from here on out. So some of our 'paranoia' was well founded.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

so does that mean i wasnt crazy about my tin foil hat???? :dunce:

[quote name='aleraiders']so does that mean i wasnt crazy about my tin foil hat???? :dunce:[/QUOTE]
You are correct, sir. Those of us who were wearing our tin foil hats were right.:applause: Or at least somewhat as clearance is still supposed to occur, but not reach the levels of epicness they have prior(PSP games for $.50 FTW).

[quote name='confoosious']either way, better safe than sorry and remove references to your actual location. that being said, don't sweat it. people are REALLY super extra paranoid in this thread in particular.[/QUOTE]

Yes do remember the last 3 months Ive been posting a week ahead of time before the drops as a heads up on what to expect. But its best to not disclose location/department. For all you CAgs know I work in Womens apparel and or lands end :)

But in all seriousness throw a couple tips to CAG ahead of time and it should all be fine. I just wouldnt post giant lists and state that youre "Bob from Richmond store #3343" :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You are correct, sir. Those of us who were wearing our tin foil hats were right.:applause: Or at least somewhat as clearance is still supposed to occur, but not reach the levels of epicness they have prior(PSP games for $.50 FTW).[/QUOTE]Really, it wasn't paranoia, just common sense. Just about any game will sell if marked ten bucks and set out on display properly. Sadly even the utter crap would disappear quickly marked properly at that price thanks to clueless shoppers. Knowing that and having someone in charge that pays attention to gaming pricing and sales means that epic clearance would end for the most part. It was my first thought when he made himself known. It's his job to maximize profits and by getting the clearance games out of the way of newer stock more efficiently without too severe of a discount is a step towards doing so. The great sales on newer stuff is another way and appreciated if I only had the money to take advantage.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Yes do remember the last 3 months Ive been posting a week ahead of time before the drops as a heads up on what to expect. But its best to not disclose location/department. For all you CAgs know I work in Womens apparel and or lands end :)

But in all seriousness throw a couple tips to CAG ahead of time and it should all be fine. I just wouldnt post giant lists and state that youre "Bob from Richmond store #3343" :)[/QUOTE]They're on to you, Bob!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Really, it wasn't paranoia, just common sense. Just about any game will sell if marked ten bucks and set out on display properly. Sadly even the utter crap would disappear quickly marked properly at that price thanks to clueless shoppers. Knowing that and having someone in charge that pays attention to gaming pricing and sales means that epic clearance would end for the most part. It was my first thought when he made himself known. It's his job to maximize profits and by getting the clearance games out of the way of newer stock more efficiently without too severe of a discount is a step towards doing so. The great sales on newer stuff is another way and appreciated if I only had the money to take advantage.[/QUOTE]
But after being on CAG for just over 5 years now and grabbing stuff for $1-5 at the lowest pricepoint, you get used to that sort of a pricing schedule. Besides which, I was grabbing clearance games for stupid cheap long before joining CAG.

I really think SHC needs to keep an eye on his discounted from MSRP game 'sales' and stop fucking with something that's worked perfectly fine for years as is.

If they wanna maximize profits they can do so by either A) eliminating electronics completely since most of the people working there act like they don't wanna be there anyway or B) get truly dedicated people who won't be lazy asses or apathetic about doing their jobs in the department.

The main reason most of us have been finding such cheaply priced stuff for so long is because employees don't mark stuff correctly. So it's not so much that the prices need to be locked in at a set final price as they need to get employees who aren't total lazy assholes who will do their motherfuckin' job without complaining about it.

If they can do that, then they will see profits rise from people buying random shit that otherwise would be rotting on their shelves forever until CAG's come to pick the places clean.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Really, it wasn't paranoia, just common sense. Just about any game will sell if marked ten bucks and set out on display properly. Sadly even the utter crap would disappear quickly marked properly at that price thanks to clueless shoppers. Knowing that and having someone in charge that pays attention to gaming pricing and sales means that epic clearance would end for the most part. It was my first thought when he made himself known. It's his job to maximize profits and by getting the clearance games out of the way of newer stock more efficiently without too severe of a discount is a step towards doing so. The great sales on newer stuff is another way and appreciated if I only had the money to take advantage.[/QUOTE]
I think SHC needs to stick to taking care of their MSRP coupon game 'sales' and stay away from clearance.

Mind you, the electronics departments of Sears AND Kmart around here are like ghost towns save for 1-2 random customers and most of them disappear soon after browsing for 5 minutes since almost no one buys electronics/games from Sears/Kmart.

As for marking stuff right, that would take employees who aren't lazy or apathetic. Social hour by the tv's in Sears is still more important than helping out any and every customer. So until SHC can remove the chaff from the wheat, prices will still be unmarked and they won't sell 90% of the shit in their game cases unless it's someone like us who know what's on clearance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think SHC needs to stick to taking care of their MSRP coupon game 'sales' and stay away from clearance.

Mind you, the electronics departments of Sears AND Kmart around here are like ghost towns save for 1-2 random customers and most of them disappear soon after browsing for 5 minutes since almost no one buys electronics/games from Sears/Kmart.

As for marking stuff right, that would take employees who aren't lazy or apathetic. Social hour by the tv's in Sears is still more important than helping out any and every customer. So until SHC can remove the chaff from the wheat, prices will still be unmarked and they won't sell 90% of the shit in their game cases unless it's someone like us who know what's on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Not this again

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Not this again[/QUOTE]
Could you repeat what he said, because it wasn't clear to me the first few times. Just kidding.

[quote name='sabo']anyone see ninja gaiden sigma for ps3 for less than 20?[/QUOTE]

I saw it for $14 a few months ago before they killed clearance.

[quote name='sabo']anyone see ninja gaiden sigma for ps3 for less than 20?[/QUOTE]

Got my copy for 5 used at BBV, kinda hard to find though, unless you meant NGS2, thats hard to find also.

I saw a greatest hits copies of Ninja Gaiden Sigma at Kmart as part of those display/pdq games with the sticker over the original upc barcode for $15.

Kind of surprised no else has noticed. I also saw the Platinum hits Sonic Unleashed on the Xbox 360, for I think the same price.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Not this again[/QUOTE]

[quote name='How to ignore a member']
Click user name, select ignore, click YES to verify. [/quote]
It's as simple as that. If you don't like what I have to say or think it's repetitive, then click ignore and be done with it.;)
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I saw a greatest hits copies of Ninja Gaiden Sigma at Kmart as part of those display/pdq games with the sticker over the original upc barcode for $15.

Kind of surprised no else has noticed. I also saw the Platinum hits Sonic Unleashed on the Xbox 360, for I think the same price.[/QUOTE]
Those games you saw are part of a special lot that Kmart/Sears purchased, hence the sticker over the original barcode.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's as simple as that. If you don't like what I have to say or think it's repetitive, then click ignore and be done with it.;)

Those games you saw are part of a special lot that Kmart/Sears purchased, hence the sticker over the original barcode.[/QUOTE]

I knew it was something along those lines as there was at least three copies of each game as well as other titles I don't recall at the moment. I figured everyone just ignored them because they were mostly greatest hits/platinum hits and what others would consider shovelware/unpopular titles.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well then you don't have to read it, do you?[/QUOTE]

Well i come in looking for any new deals but then i just see its you telling how everyone was wrong and you were right.

I stopped by my local Sears (Tyler, TX) today since I was in the area. The clearance bin had continued its trend of gradually shrinking over the past several months. I scanned several games for the heck of it, but they were all retail priced.

Thus far the only clearance title I've ever managed from there is Pikmin Wii at 9.87...

tl;dr Tyler Sears sucks

Found 2 different kits for $4.95 each. Kit includes matching guitar strap, guitar faceplate and drum sticks.

Rivertown Crossing GR.

Red Koi and Purple Tiger, you can find them online for $14.95.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jubeininja69']not all sears are the same. i have a poor sears near me and there was nothing in the bin as always.[/QUOTE]
2 of the 3 Sears within an hour's drive have no games at all, while the other one at the big mall in the city has none of the sweet clearance games. Everything is MSRP there.

[quote name='gastrophetes']I stopped by my local Sears (Tyler, TX) today since I was in the area. The clearance bin had continued its trend of gradually shrinking over the past several months. I scanned several games for the heck of it, but they were all retail priced.

Thus far the only clearance title I've ever managed from there is Pikmin Wii at 9.87...

tl;dr Tyler Sears sucks[/QUOTE]

Tyler sucks overall...

I stopped in the Sears I had the issues with last time that I did the survey for and the longest the employees were pausing to watch the crappy football game that was on one of the tv's was 20-25 seconds at most.:lol::applause::evil:

One of the guys who was loafing off last time looked pissed that he was having to actually work when there's a football game on he could be watching and getting paid to do so. A guy nearby who looked like a manager type was helping spearhead a major clean up/rearranging of some stuff in the store and he was checking in at least once every 10 minutes while I was there.:applause:

I found a Wet (ps3), which has now dropped out of the system at my Sears. Luckily, i told the cashier that I saw it for 3 bucks a week ago and he let me have it for that.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Found FF Renevant Wings for the DS for $10. Is it any good?? Would you guys recommend this??[/QUOTE]
That's like twenty in larger console dollars, and the game is just okay.

Going to the only Sears out of 3 near me that carries games tonight. Still an hour's drive though. Haven't been in a while, but I'm hoping I can get a copy of DOA4 for cheaper than $20...and if not, then I hope the guy there asks me if I want it again after checking the price so I can chuckle and say "No thanks" again.

To answer a few people-
fire Emblem Radiant Dawn-Wii-I dont think there was as i price checked Two weeks ago and it was still 49.99

Ninja gaiden Sigma Ps3-I bought two original black label copies for 19.99 each, thought it was a good deal, but they ve been sitting in my drawer for 3 months, PM me for a possible trade

Fallout 3 GOY-WAS clearanced, however all 4 Sears locations I usually go to all still have the game at 59.99

Sorry to be a bit off topic here but if anyone is dieing for Medal of Honor for the PS3 I saw 1 copy (collector's edition) in the case at the Sears in Bowie, MD.

No early news for today's drops, huh? Bummer. Was hoping to know so I don't waste time going to an outta the way sears for Wolfenstein if I don't have to.

[quote name='jdawgg76']No early news for today's drops, huh? Bummer. Was hoping to know so I don't waste time going to an outta the way sears for Wolfenstein if I don't have to.[/QUOTE]

How do you know there was a drop today?

Is there a list?

I went a few pages back and didn't see anything.

[quote name='confoosious']is that nyko wireless sensor bar good?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it's just two IR LEDs and a batter and a switch. Heck, you can make your own with tealights if you want so there's not much to screw up.

bread's done
Back