Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's not like there's been anything substantial to report for a while in here since everything seems to have stalled.:cry::razz:[/QUOTE]Well, there was a drop just the other day and very little has been reported on so who knows if it's substantial or not. Unfortunately, just about everything here has been bought up.

Two games I previously reported that had 14.97 OCT stickers at one store had 12.97 OCT stickers at another. Dunno if it's price YMMVness or bad stickering as they were PSP games (RType and Secret Agent Clank) and I don't have a PSP so I didn't scan them.

Also, got a Philips univeral remote SRU8112 which looks pretty good for 11.97. There seem to be a mix of reviews on it with the worst aspects being smallish buttons and difficulty of programming. If I keep it, it'll be used in a room where the tv isn't watched as much as I already have a harmony in the main room. Although I'd love another harmony, this is the price range I can afford for a universal remote. Anyone used this remote before?

Today i picked up some fun cheap stuff

.97 guitar hero band drum sticks
.97 GH brand guitar straps
2.97 SONY travel case for psp 2000 - the hard plastic kind that holds the unit and 2 umd and 2 memory sticks
2.97 SONY UMD case - hold 8 games
4.97 GH kick pedal with double bass adapter
10.97 nyko wii controller and pistol grip - I got a copy of wii COD WAW from goozex recently for kicks and DAMN that's hard to play online using a wiimote, maybe this thing will help....probably not

No cheap games though...well r-type for psp 12.97 and HAWX ps3 11.97 (I think)
- pass

[quote name='Toss']Today i picked up some fun cheap stuff

2.97 SONY travel case for psp 2000 - the hard plastic kind that holds the unit and 2 umd and 2 memory sticks
10.97 nyko wii controller and pistol grip - I got a copy of wii COD WAW from goozex recently for kicks and DAMN that's hard to play online using a wiimote, maybe this thing will help....probably not

- pass[/QUOTE]

Saw most of the same stuff at my local Sears. Nothing I was very interested in.

Fallout New Vegas and Vanquish both put out early at my local Sears. Not biting though, I want my Fallout Collectors Edition from Amazon. Only a day away...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Fallout New Vegas and Vanquish both put out early at my local Sears. Not biting though, I want my Fallout Collectors Edition from Amazon. Only a day away...[/QUOTE]

I was holding out on getting the CE too, but I didn't preorder in time and now its not available (guess they sold out). Just settling with the regular game, which I'm sure will still be a great value.

Did the blister packs of the ms points ever go on clearance? I was at a sears I rarely go too and saw a few there. Should have asked to scan them but I was in a hurry and nobody was in sight. O_O

Many thanks to whomever posted the Rockband bass pedal at 4.97.

I picked one up at my local Sears and never realized how crappy my old bass pedal was until using a new one that didn't miss one out of every three notes. It wasn't my foot after all.

My local Sears never has any of these clearance deals either. I checked on a lark and came up lucky. Maybe because it's a converted Kmart store.

[quote name='bmulligan']Many thanks to whomever posted the Rockband bass pedal at 4.97.

I picked one up at my local Sears and never realized how crappy my old bass pedal was until using a new one that didn't miss one out of every three notes. It wasn't my foot after all.

My local Sears never has any of these clearance deals either. I checked on a lark and came up lucky. Maybe because it's a converted Kmart store.[/QUOTE]

That must've got stuck or went back up, I got it for $1.97 months ago.

[quote name='shoe478']That must've got stuck or went back up, I got it for $1.97 months ago.[/QUOTE]Weird, it has dropped $5 a month for the last few months with it hitting $5 at the last drop here. Maybe I should go back for a second if it's that much better than the RB1 drum set pedal so I can double pedal.

damn was gonna go to sears but the idiot set fire to the gamestop in roseville, ca so now the sears and the rest of the mall is closed for a few weeks.

[quote name='bmulligan']Many thanks to whomever posted the Rockband bass pedal at 4.97.

My local Sears never has any of these clearance deals either. I checked on a lark and came up lucky. Maybe because it's a converted Kmart store.[/QUOTE]
is it actually a nicer pedal than the one on the RB2 kit or was yours just worn out?

[quote name='NipPicker']damn was gonna go to sears but the idiot set fire to the gamestop in roseville, ca so now the sears and the rest of the mall is closed for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Haha. This shouldnt be funny but it reads that way.

[quote name='shoe478']That must've got stuck or went back up, I got it for $1.97 months ago.[/QUOTE]

When it first went on clearance months ago, not all stores had it on clearance. It was $19.99 at every store I checked back then, now those same stores seem to have it on a difference clearance cycle a few months behind with it dropping to $4.97 this month.

[quote name='Toss']Today i picked up some fun cheap stuff

- pass[/QUOTE]

picked up the nyko controller and grip (x2) only need one so gonna try to flip at walmart if possible...also got dslite nerf case and wireless sensor bar for $2.97 ea

Gosh I knew there was a SEARS thread and I went yesterday and there was literally nothing but over priced 360 games. It was disappointing especially since it's in a shopping mall and half the stores have closed down.

[quote name='mgoody69']picked up the nyko controller and grip (x2) only need one so gonna try to flip at walmart if possible...also got dslite nerf case and wireless sensor bar for $2.97 ea[/QUOTE]
If by 'flip', you mean commit return fraud, then nooooooo. Talk of this nature is not allowed on CAG.

[quote name='chatgirl4']My local sears has Eragon on Blu-Ray for $5, is it worth the price?[/QUOTE]

No the movie was terrible. The book was 100 times better.

ps3 slim intercooler 13.97 didnt buy it i may come back for it next week
ps3 fat intercooler out of system but got it for 9.97 my 60gb run really hot
philips universal lcd remote sru8112/27 11.97 not bad

Don't forget you can also use that pedal to activate Overdrive while using the Rockband 3 keyboard - otherwise you have to reach over for a button.

[quote name='NipPicker']ps3 slim intercooler 13.97 didnt buy it i may come back for it next week
ps3 fat intercooler out of system but got it for 9.97 my 60gb run really hot
philips universal lcd remote sru8112/27 11.97 not bad[/QUOTE]
I heard that some intercoolers can do more harm than good.

yea but my 60gb was running so hot that it glitches when play online so it doesnt matter andit the nyko brand . the fat intercooler are running about $40 or more on ebay. i want to get the new slim intercooler for later on when the my slim start to overheat.

Saw today:

DJ Hero (360) - $69.97.

It had an October sticker, so watch for another drop later this month (this Friday?).

Hoping for a clearance on the 250gb hdd I saw there.

[quote name='shieryda']Saw today:

DJ Hero (360) - $69.97.

It had an October sticker, so watch for another drop later this month (this Friday?).

Hoping for a clearance on the 250gb hdd I saw there.[/QUOTE]
what sears?

[quote name='xDerekRx']Yeah there is a drop Friday, tomorrow. But I no longer work at Sears so I cant prescan stuff.[/QUOTE]

maybe ferant can fill us in?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ferant was released from Sears for giving out the lists, I believe.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I heard this but from what I know Sears doesnt care that much.

But I remember at the start of summer I would post hints at what prices would drop to. Never got a talking to. Now that I dont work at Sears I can openly say I actually posted on CAG using the computer in the Electronics department sometimes :)

Im upset I had to leave or else I would be posting the price trends for tomorrow but alas I cannot :(

I still know the staff so if I can I will at least try to get a list of some sort. But this is far from a guarantee.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ferant was released from Sears for giving out the lists, I believe.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yep, pretty much. Found a new job doing the same thing for more money for a company that cares more about their guests and employees than Sears so I suppose it is a win in the long run.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I heard this but from what I know Sears doesnt care that much.

But I remember at the start of summer I would post hints at what prices would drop to. Never got a talking to. Now that I dont work at Sears I can openly say I actually posted on CAG using the computer in the Electronics department sometimes :)

Im upset I had to leave or else I would be posting the price trends for tomorrow but alas I cannot :(

I still know the staff so if I can I will at least try to get a list of some sort. But this is far from a guarantee.[/QUOTE]

They do, or did. I am not sure if it was this one or Slickdeals that was the problem, as they brought both up. Never posted lists on Slickdeals just that a TV was going to be on sale ridiculously cheap an extra day coinciding with Friends and Family.

It makes me feel better though that the store manager was let go as a result of the electronics and appliance departments failing testing due to my no longer being there though. Proof that karma exists.

While I'm too new to this thread to have seen many of your lists, the couple I did get to see were a great help. Glad to hear you found yourself something better :)

[quote name='JAlbertL']what sears?[/QUOTE]

The DJ Hero for $69.97 was at the Six Corners store, in Chicago. They had 4 bundles left.

I also found 1 copy of Oblivion: GotY (360) that should be super-clearanced (or out of the system) by now. It rang up $29.99.

I got 2 Rockband pedals for $2.97 each, Rockband Jam Kit with drumsticks, guitar strap and guitar faceplate for $1.97 and 2 Nerf Wii wheels for $1.97 each.

[quote name='ferant316']Yep, pretty much. Found a new job doing the same thing for more money for a company that cares more about their guests and employees than Sears so I suppose it is a win in the long run.

They do, or did. I am not sure if it was this one or Slickdeals that was the problem, as they brought both up. Never posted lists on Slickdeals just that a TV was going to be on sale ridiculously cheap an extra day coinciding with Friends and Family.

It makes me feel better though that the store manager was let go as a result of the electronics and appliance departments failing testing due to my no longer being there though. Proof that karma exists.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I used to post on CAG at the computer. I tried to stay away from posting full lists. How did they ever find your name? Mines almost a little more obvious too ha.

I mean to be honest all we ever wanted to do in Electronics was sell TVs like the Sharp that had the 100$ spiffs. other than that I just scanned games all day ha.

I mean to be honest all we ever wanted to do in Electronics was sell TVs like the Sharp that had the 100$ spiffs. other than that I just scanned games all day ha.

Well, at least your were doing something. Whenever i go to Electronic department in Sears, i usually see all employees just talking to each other all day.

[quote name='dan13l858']Well, at least your were doing something. Whenever i go to Electronic department in Sears, i usually see all employees just talking to each other all day.[/QUOTE]

that's cause you were eyeing up the video games. If you'd have even gone near the TVs, they would've descended upon you like buzzards.

[quote name='confoosious']that's cause you were eyeing up the video games. If you'd have even gone near the TVs, they would've descended upon you like buzzards.[/QUOTE]

This is true. You dont realize it until you work there.

As a cagger for many years prior, I always thought the SEars employees were lazy.

Then after having worked there... well yes we are pretty lazy. There were days during the summer where I watched TV for an entire 6 hour shift. It helps to have a 60 inch LED to watch Dish Network on but theres a point youd rather sell stuff than watch movies all day. Its fun most of the time I suppose ha.

But the truth is all we care about is if you buy a TV because its commission. Video games we make like 50 cents on. Sears employees get a base like 6$ then commission on top. So youre always looking for a big TV sale.

I actually like the fact that Ive been on both sides of the fence. It also helps I know how the Sears system works inside out. Good for cagging future (ie tranfer sales) Probably the best thing I took away from the job.

BTW, did anyone check if anything new dropped? I havent been able to check. Looks like another quiet clearance at Sears.

[quote name='TheHelix']I see you driving downtown to the Sears I love and I'm like
fuck

Sears clearance is dead to me.[/QUOTE]

Bet most will have this refrence fly right by them.

[quote name='confoosious']that's cause you were eyeing up the video games. If you'd have even gone near the TVs, they would've descended upon you like buzzards.[/QUOTE]
I used to go by the tv's, act like I was interested in one, then once I got their attention say 'I need some price checks on some games'. The look on their faces was just priceless.:lol:

Of course after reporting that group of idiots watching ESPN rather than helping customers a couple of months ago I get much better service at that store anymore. What sucks is that there's nothing worthwhile on clearance there anymore, so I no longer NEED the help.:cry::whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to go by the tv's, act like I was interested in one, then once I got their attention say 'I need some price checks on some games'. The look on their faces was just priceless.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol! I'm going to do that from now on. :p

I picked up Rock Revolution DS for $0.47 and Superman Returns for the 360 for $0.97. YMMV on Superman since it rang up for $10.97 but was stickered for $0.97 and required a manager override so it was either a mistake of a YMMV markdown.

[quote name='TheHelix']I see you driving downtown to the Sears I love and I'm like
fuck

Sears clearance is dead to me.[/QUOTE]

I guess he's an xbox and I'm more atari
;)

:ps3: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2-$12.97

Unfortunately the cashiers at my closest Sears wouldn't honor the 'extra 30%' sign right near the bin. Otherwise I would've grabbed it.

bread's done
Back