Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I actually found a store that had the TV. It took a while of explaining the model number, calling around various managers, being told it was probably a "inventory error", and having to go look in the back, but they finally came out and said they DID have one in stock.

... except it was still $280. Laaaaame.

Picked up the 60gb hard drive, Trauma Team DS, and Riddick 360.

Didn't realize till I got home that I wasn't charged for riddick :)

[quote name='yukonrye']I stopped by my local Sears in Cary,NC yesterday and found a copy of Singularity for $4.97. I saw they had a silver dualshock 3 but it was priced at $44 and I didn't have time to scan prices so I left it. After checking back on this thread I went back this morning and luckily it was still there. From that one store I picked up:

:ps3:
Dark Void $3.97
Fight Night Round 3 $4.97 (got the last one)
Singularity $4.97 (last one)
Silver DualShock 3 $19.97 (last one)
Nyko Charge Base 2 $9.97
Nyko 10ft. DS3 cord $1.97

:360:
Wireless Controller Arcade Pack $19.97 (last one)

:wii:
Wii Classic Controller $4.97 (last one)

I looked through the place pretty thoroughly so everything I marked "last one" one should be correct. They still have one more of the charge base 2, about 3-4 copies of Dark Void and Little Big Planet (which I think is $5 but not sure), a couple of the PS3 wireless headsets for $19.97, and a plethora of Nyko brand Wii and Wii plus controllers. Didn't really look through the 360,Wii,or DS games.

Some kid and his dad were looking through the games and I told them about the clearance stuff. The kid was pretty happy with that knowledge, the dad not so much.

Also, if anyone has a copy of Ratchet and Clank: Crack in time and wants to trade it for something else they couldn't find at their local stores let me know and I will check for you. None of the stores in Raleigh-Durham have it.[/QUOTE]

Bah! I wanted that Singularity...I bet its the one I returned last month while it was still at $10. I just got rid of a copy of R&C...if I get my hands on another I will let you know.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Hit another store today. Good stuff!

:360: Red Faction Guerilla
:360: Soulcalibur IV
:wii: Nights Journey into Dreams
:wii: Dead Space Extraction
:ps3: Rainbow Six Vegas
:ps2: Obscure The Aftermath

All $4.97 except Obscure ($3.97.) I had a hard time remembering what games to look for but eventually most of it came back to me.[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend & I drove to E. Northport specifically for that Soul Calibur! Glad atleast a fellow CAG member got it. We still scored a few games there, x2 $.97 4GB Pro Duo Cards (FINALLY!) and I found a 3 month XBL card hidden by the register for $3.97.

One new find, we were surprised that Need for Speed: ProStreet was also marked down to $4.97.

[quote name='lostdecoy']My boyfriend & I drove to E. Northport specifically for that Soul Calibur! Glad atleast a fellow CAG member got it. We still scored a few games there, x2 $.97 4GB Pro Duo Cards (FINALLY!) and I found a 3 month XBL card hidden by the register for $3.97.

One new find, we were surprised that Need for Speed: ProStreet was also marked down to $4.97.[/QUOTE]
Dang it! I wonder why the Pro Duos at my local store don't ring up at all. Like they cleared the inventory from the system but forgot to send them back.. Maybe I should just walk out of the store with them. And if anyone stops me I'll just say, "You don't sell these. They're not in your system."

-gok

Is there a sticker that says $3.97 on the 3-month gold cards? I've seen them at a few different Sears' but I didn't bother with them because they weren't marked at all.

I already see Craigslist listings for the Xbox 360 60 gb starter packs. I hope everyone who wants one for their own use was able to get in on this deal.

Finally hit a store with the additional 50% off clearance. 1.47 katamari damacy ps2 and alot of 3.97 and less games after additional 50%. The cashier said about half of what was originally put in the bins had sold in the last few weeks. Wish i had gone sooner. Got the 60gb starter pack and 360 wireless controller w/ games but both were 19.99 not 9.99.

[quote name='yukonrye']Also at this particular Sears the clerk pulled out a piece of paper next to the register that said 33% off all clearance games and had a barcode on it.[/QUOTE]
Damn, when I dropped by Monday to pick up Fossil Fighters, the cashier didn't pull out a piece of paper for me. Then again, I went to the counter in bedding since there was no one at the electronics counter.

For those in OH, Eastland sears had 4 60 starter packs. Unfortunately not many of the games were clearance down. They did also have 2 Guitar WT Guitar bundles and 2 360 GH WT Guitar bundles. It says they still have a clamshell 12 month live gold also, if you are lucky enough to find it.

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']Damn, when I dropped by Monday to pick up Fossil Fighters, the cashier didn't pull out a piece of paper for me. Then again, I went to the counter in bedding since there was no one at the electronics counter.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it said August 4 - 17 on it.

Didn't find a damn thing yesterday at Sears, although I did see 3 women get busted shop lifting.

They went into the fitting rooms with TONS of clothes and came out with a couple items which they laid down on a table and walked out the store. Next thing I know, plain clothes security guys come rushing over with their radios, inspect the stack of clothes they left, and then dart out into the mall to hunt them down. A minute later, here come the security guys with the three women walking in a line. Made passing the time while I waited for my girlfriend to look through the clothes racks much more interesting.

Anyone else notice the price of the silver dualshock 3's shoot back up to $55 online everywhere? I just grabbed one last night and was thinking about going again today to grab some for friends but I dunno now.

[quote name='Aznchaos3']Anyone else notice the price of the silver dualshock 3's shoot back up to $55 online everywhere? I just grabbed one last night and was thinking about going again today to grab some for friends but I dunno now.[/QUOTE]
They actually lasted that long in your area? Lucky you. Clearance hunting in Los Angeles is brutal!

Actually, I can't recall if the price drop was ever actually reflected on Google Shopping for the DS3. It still doesn't seemed to have updated itself.

-gok

[quote name='gok']They actually lasted that long in your area? Lucky you. Clearance hunting in Los Angeles is brutal!

Actually, I can't recall if the price drop was ever actually reflected on Google Shopping for the DS3. It still doesn't seemed to have updated itself.

-gok[/QUOTE]

Yeah, out here in the SFV there is nothing left.

Haha I can't imagine shopping against the competition out in cali.

But yeah, the price showed 47.97 on google shopping last night before i went, and then reflected the 19.97 price after i bought the last one on the shelf and came home.
Then this morning it shot back up to $54.99 and says that the controllers are "in stock", so i went back and asked to look up the upc on my receipt and the guy said there's 2 showing up in the system but he couldn't find them anywhere...oh well...at least i got professor layton and some other games :)

I found:
:ps2: Dual Shock ($4.97)
:ps2: Memory Card ($4.97)
:ps2: Guitar Hero Metallica ($4.97)
:ps2: Guitar Hero Smash Hits ($4.97)
:ps3: Singularity ($4.97)
:ps3: Kung-Fu Rider ($4.97)
:wii: Classic Controller ($4.97)

What's the best way to transfer data from my 20GB HDD to my new 60GB HDD? Do I need to use a transfer cable or is that only if you're changing to an entirely new console?

[quote name='Blaster man']What's the best way to transfer data from my 20GB HDD to my new 60GB HDD? Do I need to use a transfer cable or is that only if you're changing to an entirely new console?[/QUOTE]

Tranfer cables are you best bet.

Out of curiosity, one of the stores near me reflects that the 3-Month Gold Card dropped to 3.97... but they all show up as OOS. The same cards show in stock at the Sears I was just in. If I was to take the card from that Sears and take it to the dropped one, would it work? I've heard they don't mind because the cards are valueless until activated.

[quote name='RealDeals']Tranfer cables are you best bet.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. Since I'm using the same console, I don't need to do a license transfer right?

[quote name='Blaster man']Cool, thanks. Since I'm using the same console, I don't need to do a license transfer right?[/QUOTE]

Nah, you good.

[quote name='RealDeals']Nah, you good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. I haven't upgraded my HDD before. I just bought a transfer cable from Amazon. Now I'll just wait around for it to get here. Would it be best to resell it on Ebay to get most of my money back or just hold onto it in case I need it again in the future?

[quote name='cvraider']PS2 slim silver 19.97. Only 1 was there at my location.[/QUOTE]

77001 series, right? I got one of those last month and the Sears I usually go to had more but they were the 79001 and 90001 and they were both 99.99.

[quote name='Aznchaos3']Anyone else notice the price of the silver dualshock 3's shoot back up to $55 online everywhere? I just grabbed one last night and was thinking about going again today to grab some for friends but I dunno now.[/QUOTE]

Local in stock still shows them at 19.97 for me.

[quote name='lostdecoy']My boyfriend & I drove to E. Northport specifically for that Soul Calibur! Glad atleast a fellow CAG member got it. We still scored a few games there, x2 $.97 4GB Pro Duo Cards (FINALLY!) and I found a 3 month XBL card hidden by the register for $3.97.

One new find, we were surprised that Need for Speed: ProStreet was also marked down to $4.97.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry about that. Wait, am I being stalked? :lol:

I left plenty of other games and 360 accessories though..and there were definitely a couple I forgot to look for altogether.

About a year ago, I found a Silver Dualshock 2. It was at 24.97 price. Now for the last year I have been returning to the same sears once a month to make sure it hasnt dropped to a low enough price. It hit 9.97 when all the black dualshock 2s hit 24.97. now the black dualshock 2s have overtaken it in the clearance system at 4.97 and the silver one STAYED at 9.97 for the last 6 or so months. SO FRUSTRATING; im beginning to think it wont drop again...

Should i trust the red clearance stickers on the games or should I ask to get things scanned, hoping for a lower price?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Oh, sorry about that. Wait, am I being stalked? :lol:

I left plenty of other games and 360 accessories though..and there were definitely a couple I forgot to look for altogether.[/QUOTE]

All good! We're not that close to Northport but go on occasion...thinking back to 3 years ago when I got 4 years of XBL for $7 each since the employees INSISTED the original Xbox live cards could not be used for 360. The looks on their faces when I told them otherwise and grabbed them all haha

We also passed on the 360 accessories as we had no use for them either, but good to see it wasn't completely raped!

Picked up:

iLive docking station x2 - 7.97 each
Lego Rock Band (360) - 3.97
Chronicles of Reddick (360) - 4.97

Pass on Prey for 5.97 lol

[quote name='eldergamer']Should i trust the red clearance stickers on the games or should I ask to get things scanned, hoping for a lower price?[/QUOTE]
Definitely, definitely scan. I scanned a Professor Layton "clearanced" to 19.97 a month ago and it came to $6 ;)

[quote name='shurija']Picked up:

iLive docking station x2 - 7.97 each
Lego Rock Band (360) - 3.97
Chronicles of Reddick (360) - 4.97

Pass on Prey for 5.97 lol[/QUOTE]SHouldn't have passed on Prey.

[quote name='illennium']Saw a couple copies of Halo Wars: Limited Edition for $16. Worth getting at that price?[/QUOTE]Is that the PH version? If so, it's got some or all of the DLC on it which is $10 each so already a good deal, plus it's been that price for a bit so it's probably less than that now.

[quote name='RealDeals']Out of curiosity, one of the stores near me reflects that the 3-Month Gold Card dropped to 3.97... but they all show up as OOS. The same cards show in stock at the Sears I was just in. If I was to take the card from that Sears and take it to the dropped one, would it work? I've heard they don't mind because the cards are valueless until activated.[/QUOTE]

If you mean you plan to just take the card without paying for it and physically bring it to the other sears to buy it, good luck on that. Wear extra padded clothing as you walk out the doors to absorb the impact when security tackles you to the ground.

My local store still has not updated tags on clearance items. Picked up a 60gb Live starter pack (tagged $49.97), PS3 bluetooth (tagged $44.97) and a 8gb PSP memory micro (tagged $29.97).

They still have some of all three and the PS2 memory cards, dayglow PS3 controllers. I'm debating whether to pick some up to trade with others here that can't find them. I'm certainly not going to post the location since sd likes to watch our threads.

[quote name='RealDeals']Definitely, definitely scan. I scanned a Professor Layton "clearanced" to 19.97 a month ago and it came to $6 ;)[/QUOTE]

Which version is $6?

I picked up the following today:

:360:XBL Starter pack 60gb w/ 3 months XBL, headset and hdd x2-$19.97 each(still showing as in stock on Google Shopping, though I only saw the two there I picked up)
:360: Xbox 360 Arcade Play gaming pack(w/ wireless controller n XBLA games)-$19.97

Since I don't have a 360, the above will all be up for trade as soon as I see if my buddies' nephew wants one or all of them.:razz:

I also had them check for these , which are coming up on Google Shopping as $100. The employees told me the reason it's still showing up in stock online is because they had to rip open one to use with the 3-D tv's and they have the remainder of the set under the counter.

They were originally $400 or so they said. Both stores in my area have them showing up as in stock. Hell of a deal if you can find them though, since it comes with Coraline and Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs 3-D Blu-Rays.

[quote name='encino_man']Yeah, out here in the SFV there is nothing left.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I only found ONE after hitting up 5 stores in SFV and 2 stores further south. There were a TON of XBox Live Starter Kits, though. One store I went to had at least 12; another had about 7 or 8. Guess they're too much of a pain for El Hoardo to flip out here.

-gok

bread's done
Back