Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='yukonrye']Can you tell me the TomTom XXL model#? I'm looking for a good GPS unit and saw a couple that were on clearance at my local store, one was a TomTom for ~$49
and the other was a Magellan at ~$59. I didn't bite because I wanted to check if they were crap.
[/QUOTE]

TomTom XXL 540T. Had a july markdown sticker of 33% to 119.97, then it had a huge 'closeout' stickter saying it was 99.97 and is now 29.93.

Personal Review: I bought the 540M last year (same model, just lifetime maps instead of traffic) and I think it's awesome. I used a few Garmins and other TomToms in my time, and for my money this is the best GPS i've ever personally used or seen a friend use.

I should be able to use the lifetime traffic code on my own GPS, then gift it sans-traffic to a family member. My parents needed to update their maps, and just buying this was probably cheaper. That's if the traffic works the same way as the maps do... the 'lifetime maps' were just a code i had to enter when i first connected the unit to my PC.

So have the clearance prices at Sears updated yet for August or is that going to be this Friday? I've been following some clearance items on Google shopping that have yet to change prices.

The prices are already lowered on whatever is going to drop(with maybe a few exceptions), as the 60gb 360 kits are showing up the price they came up at my closest Sears.

I got this at a Sears, I'm sure the game of the year will be released in the near future but I couldn't resist.
dsc01407c.th.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[quote name='BargainGamer']I got this at a Sears, I'm sure the game of the year will be released in the near future but I couldn't resist.
dsc01407c.th.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice, this is extremely YMMV though because it is supposed to be the first LBP that is on clearance, not the second one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The prices are already lowered on whatever is going to drop(with maybe a few exceptions), as the 60gb 360 kits are showing up the price they came up at my closest Sears.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, thanks for the info.

[quote name='UNC5052']Nice, this is extremely YMMV though because it is supposed to be the first LBP that is on clearance, not the second one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, emphasis on extreme since the clearance sticker clearly states "ps3, little big planet". You were very lucky BargainGamer:D

I found 4 or so 60gb starter kits but since I don't have a 360, it stayed in the clearance bin. No luck finding Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles or any decent games in general.

[quote name='htown01']Yeah, emphasis on extreme since the clearance sticker clearly states "ps3, little big planet". You were very lucky BargainGamer:D[/QUOTE]

Makes me wonder how easy it would be to dupe one of the employees...

Great run so far today during lunch
Bought
60GB kit
4game pack with controller
black 360 controller x2 $19.97
360 headset $4.97

Also found
360 'bluetooth headset' $19.97 (should i go back and get them??)
360 white play and charge $19.99 damn
I guess i might go back to check on the black play and charge kit.....

P.S. To anyone who need one 60GB kit, PM me. Will sell for cost plus shipping plus $1 gas money!!!! lol if not i will just sell it on ebay.

Hate to mention this. But during the BBV clearance sale in June, the white 360 wireless headsets were $20 also. But the problem was that they were so old that the batteries were dead for a lot of people and it cost money for shipping to replace them which MS would gladly do at least. Just an FYI.

Those 360 headsets were $20 here at Sears so getting them for 4.97 is a steal. I would have bought one but I will keep that in mind about the battery on it, probably won't get one now.

Humm. that sucks about the headset. I bought a PSP extended life battery from Sears a while back and it was bad. Hope it isn't the same.

heard if you plug and leave the head sets on for a few hours/days. The batteries may be recharged, who knows never had them myself.

[quote name='nixmahn']heard if you plug and leave the head sets on for a few hours/days. The batteries may be recharged, who knows never had them myself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought a wireless headset from blockbuster a couple months ago. Out of the box, it appeared to be DOA, the lights couldn't come on to indicate it was charging when I plugged it in. But I left it plugged into a USB port for several hours, then unplugged it, and plugged it back in. This time, it did light up. Left it charge overnight, and now it works fine. So it was just a case of the battery being so completely depleted that it couldn't run the lights, but it did absorb at least a partial charge. So try that if you're otherwise stuck. Edit - to clarify, I used a USB port on my computer, so I didn't have to leave the xbox on overnight.

I picked up a couple things from the further off Sears today. I got: :ps3:Silver Dual Shock 3-$20, :ps2:Black Dual Shock 2-$5 and :ps3:Fight Night Round 3-$5. They still had about 2-3 PS2 controllers left and 1-3 PS2 memory cards at that store when I left, but some bastard came in and grabbed both copies of :ps3:Little Big Planet.:bomb: Oh well.

One of my Sears stores has the unadvertised 33% off all clearance games.

I didn't even know until the cashier mentioned it to me during checkout. He had a plain sheet with Clearance 33% off next to the register and a UPC that he needed to scan ... didn't even work. He had to manually adjust and call a manager for override. Everyone was extremely nice.

So, got ...

:ps3: Alpha Protocol $3.33 ($4.97 - $1.64)
:ps3: Fight Night Round 3 $3.33 ($4.97 - $1.64)

Paper said 33% off sale ran from 8/4 thru 8/27.

:bomb: I wish any of the Sears I've been in recently and bought shit woulda had the extra 33% off. It woulda been nice when I bought a couple 60gb hdd sets the other day or the DS3 n other stuff today.

Well I guess you could always return the headset if it was bad. I might try to get one if they go cheaper but not something I would pay $20 for. Also what is the difference between the wired xbox 360 headset that is commonly seen with bundles and in the starter kits and this headset, other than wireless of course. Is there any clarity difference or is the difference negligible other than not having wires of course.

[quote name='audilover']I really wish I got a dualshock 3

If anyone got an extra one I am willing to pay for the controller+tax+5 bucks for shipping[/QUOTE]

You are probably going to be criticized for your generosity.

[quote name='bgame2']You are probably going to be criticized for your generosity.[/QUOTE]

;) Ya think? No way would a controller ship for $5, unless someone sent it Media Mail and hoped like hell the USPS didn't inspect the package en route someplace. Either that or Parcel Post shipping might work. But yeah, that's quite the generous offer and why I clearly state my terms for anything I have up for trade.:razz:

I went to Sears today to glance at some clearance items and was surprised to find 2 Xbox 360 Wireless controller bundles with the 4 arcade games. Google shopping said they were $19.97 but out of stock so I was really surprised to find 2 of them sitting in the display case. The employee in the electronics area was surprised when they rang up as $19.97. I always find it funny how shocked the employees are when you pull something out of the display case and it rings up at a cheap price knowing it's going to thanks to Google shopping.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No way would a controller ship for $5[/QUOTE]

Not true. If removed from the packaging, it would cost about $2.56 to ship. Even considering the weight of the box and packing peanuts, there is no reason why it should cost more than $4.

[quote name='SaraAB']Those 360 headsets were $20 here at Sears so getting them for 4.97 is a steal. I would have bought one but I will keep that in mind about the battery on it, probably won't get one now.[/QUOTE]

Did not know people were getting them for $4.97, I thought $19.99 only. At that point it's worth a shot. Is it $4.97 or more YMMV than $19.99? [quote name='DJP519']Yeah, I bought a wireless headset from blockbuster a couple months ago. Out of the box, it appeared to be DOA, the lights couldn't come on to indicate it was charging when I plugged it in. But I left it plugged into a USB port for several hours, then unplugged it, and plugged it back in. This time, it did light up. Left it charge overnight, and now it works fine. So it was just a case of the battery being so completely depleted that it couldn't run the lights, but it did absorb at least a partial charge. So try that if you're otherwise stuck. Edit - to clarify, I used a USB port on my computer, so I didn't have to leave the xbox on overnight.[/QUOTE]

I thought I heard something about this. But there was at least one person who tried to send it back. Is this headset voice only or game audio is heard too? I'd imagine that it works for hearing voices and transmitting yours?

[quote name='flix1']One of my Sears stores has the unadvertised 33% off all clearance games.

I didn't even know until the cashier mentioned it to me during checkout. He had a plain sheet with Clearance 33% off next to the register and a UPC that he needed to scan ... didn't even work. He had to manually adjust and call a manager for override. Everyone was extremely nice.

So, got ...

:ps3: Alpha Protocol $3.33 ($4.97 - $1.64)
:ps3: Fight Night Round 3 $3.33 ($4.97 - $1.64)

Paper said 33% off sale ran from 8/4 thru 8/27.[/QUOTE]

i was at my sears this past Saturday and they had the 33% Clearance videogames sign nothing really interested me i bought all the stuff i wanted in past 6 months or so and saving my money for the 3ds this month too. also they 25% off sign for dvds too

[quote name='ZombieToast']Not true. If removed from the packaging, it would cost about $2.56 to ship. Even considering the weight of the box and packing peanuts, there is no reason why it should cost more than $4.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking, like how everyone just jumped to conclusion because they thought they were so smart. I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone, I was just being hopeful. I hope after this comment it can go back to the actual topic.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Not true. If removed from the packaging, it would cost about $2.56 to ship. Even considering the weight of the box and packing peanuts, there is no reason why it should cost more than $4.[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this $2.56 to ship estimate from? Does that include Delivery Confirmation? What shipping rate is it going? Unless you're shipping it MEDIA(which you can't unless it's a BOOK), then I can't see it being that cheap. Though the cheaper the shipping rate you send something, the longer it takes to arrive, hence the longer it gets beat to shit and bounced around while in transit. Cheapest rate I would ship controllers would be the medium flat rate Priority box(either the long or deep one) and I would ship it IN the packaging, which would give it at least another level of protection. But hey, if you want a non functional controller I'll go find another silver one and ship it to you in a bubble mailer via Media rate. If it gets inspected and shipped back to me, you'll pay for shipping it again and if it arrives dead as a doornail you'll just eat the loss cuz it had no protection en route, right? No? I bet you'd cry to someone on here that I sent you a dead controller, when it was you who wanted it shipped cheap in the first place. Not trying to be 'mean' or a 'douchebag' or start an argument, but if you ship cheap then you get what you pay for.[quote name='audilover']Thats what I was thinking, like how everyone just jumped to conclusion because they thought they were so smart. I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone, I was just being hopeful. I hope after this comment it can go back to the actual topic.[/QUOTE]

I've been shipping shit to people for YEARS, both on here and off. I made mistakes in the past(like sending guides in a misshapen box and having some of them get damaged en route or sending a single guide in a mailer with no padding to protect it and having a mailman cram it into someone's mailbox). But over the years I've learned how to PROPERLY ship stuff and I've learned what is allowed and what is excluded from each shipping rate the USPS provides.

What your asking for is being really hopeful. When it comes to items like these I prefer to hook up local CAG's than dealing with the post office.

EDIT: @IATCG, I think he did get that from media mail, I looked up rates earlier and it was about that for a 14oz package, parcel post was over $5.

This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm curious. Why are so many of you guys picking up Fight Night Round 3? I'm not putting the game down and I like sports games. I just didn't understand why it seems to be a very common pick up.

A Dual Shock 3 controller weighs under 7 ounces (6.2 technically, I just weighed one of mine). If you're good with the packing material, you'll be around 8 ounces. An 8 ounce package sent First Class Mail costs $2.56, which is where he got the number from. I think it'd be more like 9-10 ounces after material, plus the cost of the material itself (although I'm sure most people around here have a bunch laying around), and yeah... it should be under $4 total. Though I would prefer adding tracking as well.

So what does the seller get for spending time going to sears, packaging, spending time going to the PO etc. Come on atleast give the seller an incentive to sell.

[quote name='bgame2']This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm curious. Why are so many of you guys picking up Fight Night Round 3? I'm not putting the game down and I like sports games. I just didn't understand why it seems to be a very common pick up.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up because I haven't played one of these games in at least a couple of years and I just wanted a game I could pick up and play without having to worry about a real storyline or whatever. [quote name='xskaxninjax']A Dual Shock 3 controller weighs under 7 ounces (6.2 technically, I just weighed one of mine). If you're good with the packing material, you'll be around 8 ounces. An 8 ounce package sent First Class Mail costs $2.56, which is where he got the number from. I think it'd be more like 9-10 ounces after material, plus the cost of the material itself (although I'm sure most people around here have a bunch laying around), and yeah... it should be under $4 total. Though I would prefer adding tracking as well.[/QUOTE]

But that's sending it WITHOUT the package and in what kind of package? I'm pretty sure FCM parcels can't be over a certain thickness.[quote name='arsenal_fan']So what does the seller get for spending time going to sears, packaging, spending time going to the PO etc. Come on atleast give the seller an incentive to sell.[/QUOTE]

You get the joy of helping out a fellow gamer to get something that they themselves couldn't find, isn't that enough?;)

[quote name='arsenal_fan']So what does the seller get for spending time going to sears, packaging, spending time going to the PO etc. Come on atleast give the seller an incentive to sell.[/QUOTE]

This is what made me make my comment. I'm all for helping out CAGs. But I guess what I was thinking was that a newbie has to be cautious about basically saying that he would reimburse (just about to the penny) another CAG for taking the time to ship him a pretty good clearance find. Then again, there are guys in this thread who have helped me out, Ultragamer and IATCG come to mind, who I'd be more than willing to do this for without hesitation, but I just thought he should have been slightly more open minded in making his request.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked it up because I haven't played one of these games in at least a couple of years and I just wanted a game I could pick up and play without having to worry about a real storyline or whatever.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i personally haven't really played a boxing game since 'Ring King' more or less, and was willing at 5 dollars. My place had the ridiculous discount so for 1 dollar it was impossible to resist. Even if a game blows, you can sell it for 4-5 bucks... so it just becomes a very lengthy rental.

What sucks is I didn't notice till I got home that they didn't give me my receipt in the bag.:roll: This now makes the second time I've had an issue with a Sears Holding Corp store, though the first one was at least partially my fault cuz I didn't fully check the damned shrinkwrap on it before I left the store and the game was MIA. But SHC-Gamer is comping me for the bs at my closest store AND the missing game via a gc, so all's well on that front.;)

[quote name='cthomer5000']Yeah, i personally haven't really played a boxing game since 'Ring King' more or less, and was willing at 5 dollars. My place had the ridiculous discount so for 1 dollar it was impossible to resist. Even if a game blows, you can sell it for 4-5 bucks... so it just becomes a very lengthy rental.[/QUOTE]

I sank a ridiculous amount of hours into Ring King when I was younger. It is one of my favorite games ever. Like I said, I've got nothing against the fight night series, it just seemed to be a game that a lot of guys picked up during this month's drop.

Giving away clearance finds is hard. Anyway, I don't know about you guys but sometimes watching a clearance find ($2 :pS3: Brutal Legend) rest on my shelf fills me with more joy than probably playing the game would. In this case though it is basically giving away a great/rare find + a colossal waste of your time. Also, since people are buying older games :ps3: MLB 09: The Show is too on clearance for $4.97.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Giving away clearance finds is hard. Anyway, I don't know about you guys but sometimes watching a clearance find ($2 :pS3: Brutal Legend) rest on my shelf fills me with more joy than probably playing the game would. In this case though it is basically giving away a great/rare find + a colossal waste of your time.[/QUOTE]

I've given away a number of games/items I got on super cheap clearance to friends/family over the last 4-6 years(since I joined CAG). Just the look on the faces of my buddies' nieces when I handed them each a sealed/new game for their specific system was enough payment.Of course, the one year when I had a ton of GS credit I did 'cash out' a lil by buying their Wii system from GS, as well as a bunch of the games for it and selling it to their mom/stepdad for like 70-75% of cost. It was nice to help their family get stuff for the kids for Christmas AND get a lil green back in my pocket instead of the GS credit.:booty:

i do the same as IATCG, when i get super cheap games at sales or clearence, i try to remember if any of the my friends can play the games and i give them away. If they dont then i head to Goozex or trade them away here Havent been clearance searching Sears in awhile cause they are so far from where i live. The best i do now is Target and Best Buy. Good luck to all

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What sucks is I didn't notice till I got home that they didn't give me my receipt in the bag.:roll: This now makes the second time I've had an issue with a Sears Holding Corp store, though the first one was at least partially my fault cuz I didn't fully check the damned shrinkwrap on it before I left the store and the game was MIA. But SHC-Gamer is comping me for the bs at my closest store AND the missing game via a gc, so all's well on that front.;)[/QUOTE]

Sears has option to get receipt printed out or emailed or both. Are you a rewards member? Maybe it got emailed to you? I dunno, you seem pretty thorough so I doubt you would miss that, but you never know :)

bread's done
Back