Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

All the clearence is gone! Looks like black friday shoppers really did a number on the clearance section at my local store. :'( They didn't seem to touch the clearance cell phones and and a few other various items I've been waiting on dropping more so atleast I have some things to look forward to once price drops get situated on google shopping.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Hoping for a post along the lines of "All the clearence is back!". Afraid not :([/QUOTE]
:rofl: Good luck with that. You've got a better chance of being struck by lightning than seeing clearance make a full and glorious return.:booty:

;_; time to stand out on a beach during a thunderstorm with a metal rod poking out of the sand. This way, the glass can pay for some clearance titles.

[quote name='RockoMan']
I saw the rock band 3 with keyboard for $50

[/QUOTE]

For :360:?

Still debating on whether or not I actually need a 250gb hard drive. They are not officially "on clearance" (not ending in .97), so I'll keep watching.

Not clearance- but I picked up EA Sports Active 2 for the 360 for $20. Didn't notice if the Wii and PS3 versions were the same price. That's a good price on that game if you are interested- most places are still sitting at around $30.

Dunno if anyone's said this, but I saw Monster Hunter Tri for $20 yesterday. Last time I had checked the price it was $25

[quote name='cheeky']Lego Battles was clearanced to 2.97 but recently was converted (stickered with bar code) to generic 19.99 game.[/QUOTE]
Those games with the barcode over the original UPC's are actually a special shipment and NOT old games that Sears employees simply restickered. They've been getting those in for at least 4-5 years now at both Kmart and Sears for Christmastime. Once Christmas is over, you'll see those games clearance out(at Sears anyway).

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Unfortunately you probably won't see anything until January/February now because the Black Friday/Christmas shoppers will clean out anything that's left clearance wise. They're like a swarm of locusts that come down from above and pick the corpse of clearance games clean, yet they're thankfully blissfully ignorant and uninformed the rest of the year about these cheap games.

[quote name='sadakou']Just got back from my store and Kirby still rang up 19.97. It hasn't dropped since October and it's no longer on Google shopping so I'm thinking it somehow fell out of their inventory system or something.[/QUOTE]
I think Sears clearance is now up to the discretion of the individual store managers. So perhaps the manager at your store thinks that the game will still sell at $20 as opposed to letting it drop any further.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think Sears clearance is now up to the discretion of the individual store managers. So perhaps the manager at your store thinks that the game will still sell at $20 as opposed to letting it drop any further.[/QUOTE]

Some video game accessories I came across on friday were marked out of the system and the cashier offered a price and even lowered it and entered it in the register so this seems plausible maybe.

my sears clearance is shitty as hell. there were more then one copy of kirby mass attack and dqm joke 2 in there for msrp. and they usually have crappy ps2 games for $29.99, it makes target look like the promised land.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']my sears clearance is shitty as hell. there were more then one copy of kirby mass attack and dqm joke 2 in there for msrp. and they usually have crappy ps2 games for $29.99, it makes target look like the promised land.[/QUOTE]

Sears was a gold mine a few years ago but I haven't found many deals there since.

I like the user ID btw...

Motorstorm Arctic Edge PS2, $2.97. I'm not sure if I am going to return it though since I didn't think to look at the back of the case and saw it takes 8MB (an entire memory card) to save.

July and August were good times, it has been terrible since then.

I purchased a PSP/GO memory stick for $14.97 back in August. I found one on the shelf a few weeks ago and it rang up for $25!

Also, the Wii went on clearance for $129 a few months ago. Isn't that the new MSRP?

[quote name='Invicta 61']July and August were good times, it has been terrible since then.

I purchased a PSP/GO memory stick for $14.97 back in August. I found one on the shelf a few weeks ago and it rang up for $25!

Also, the Wii went on clearance for $129 a few months ago. Isn't that the new MSRP?[/QUOTE]

I think the new Wii bundles are at $149.99 and don't have GC backwards compatibility. So I could see how it might be worth picking up one of the older models for backwards compatibility at that price before they become scarce. Just checked, and most are already going for closer to $200 on amazon.

Found a few things today:

X360 Rock Band 3 w Keyboard - 49.97
Wii - Zack and Wiki - 9.97

Sony PRS-350/SC Kindle-Clone reader - 49.97

Went to Sears last night and saw a handful of good PS3 deals...

Elder Scrolls GH - $4.99 ($9.97 - 50%)
UFC 2010 - $9.99 ($19.97 - 50%)
White Knight Chronicles - $9.99 ($19.97 - 50%)

Interesting. Except they never do that 'extra 50% off clearance' thing around here or if they do it only applies to X and Y items and never the actual games for some reason.:roll:

[quote name='MR_E']I think the new Wii bundles are at $149.99 and don't have GC backwards compatibility. So I could see how it might be worth picking up one of the older models for backwards compatibility at that price before they become scarce. Just checked, and most are already going for closer to $200 on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Sonsabitch! Went back and they were all gone. I've been holding off on getting one waiting for the right price but I also want BC. I did end up finding the last black vertical model at TRU but I had to pay $149.99 :evil:

I did find a PS3 bluetooth on clearance with a hand written sticker for $9.97. They also had the Tony Hawk Shred bundles for $20 and the DJ Hero 2 bundle for $25.

If you can find a Rock Band 3 bundle for under $50, you are extremely lucky and should buy the shit out of that game.

Also, the Oblivion GotY edition for $5? That is nice.

Just went to my sears and they had the br100 3d transmitter for the Sony TVA for 4.99. Incase anyone with an older 3d model tv doesn't have one. Now all you need are the glasses.

man i was hoping i could find a cheap wii motion plus or wii motion plus bundle since i really need the wii motion plus for zelda :cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. Except they never do that 'extra 50% off clearance' thing around here or if they do it only applies to X and Y items and never the actual games for some reason.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah they never have those "extra % off clearance" signs here either...I always see people mention them and I'm jealous. We never have those crazy sale bins either. In fact during the holidays they take out the clearance table altogether. Hopefully when they bring it back it'll have some cool deals.

Of course if my Sears is one of the ones closing I might get a LOT of good deals. I doubt mine will though since it's in a mall. The one about 30min north of me might though, it's a tiny one in a strip mall that already did away with the video game section.

[quote name='Mexico619']man i was hoping i could find a cheap wii motion plus or wii motion plus bundle since i really need the wii motion plus for zelda :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think I saw a Red Steel 2 bundle for like $20 at one of the stores here, but that was sometime last month before black friday. They're probably all long gone by now.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah they never have those "extra % off clearance" signs here either...I always see people mention them and I'm jealous. We never have those crazy sale bins either. In fact during the holidays they take out the clearance table altogether. Hopefully when they bring it back it'll have some cool deals.

Of course if my Sears is one of the ones closing I might get a LOT of good deals. I doubt mine will though since it's in a mall. The one about 30min north of me might though, it's a tiny one in a strip mall that already did away with the video game section.[/QUOTE]

I have seen the sale bins around here, but they only seem to happen at certain locations, I also have never found anything actually worth purchasing in the sale bins, the few times I have seen them.

[quote name='hashiriya1']I just picked up Endless Ocean 2 w/ Wii Speak at Sears for $14.99.[/QUOTE]

damn, I thought I got a good deal on:

ENDLESS,OCEAN: BLUEWRLD WII
19.97T

all this talk about extra 50% off clearance games reminded me of one of my most epic finds at Sears a few months ago.

post 5997 of this thread - 75% off clearance tag games at my Sears for 6 hours only on a Sunday. I spent an hour going through every game in the store looking for pink tags. They were located at 3 different places in the store.

link below:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8780263&postcount=5997

My Kmart is closing right next to where I live.

So.. time to scoop up some sales. Wish I had an exact date for when they would close so I can avoid the 10% off sales.

Seems I'm losing a sears/kmart near me. Still have a few others nearby. Sucks either way though. And I know it's been said before, but I want to agree with the "stepping inside a kmart is like going back in time 20 years".

[quote name='MR_E']I think I saw a Red Steel 2 bundle for like $20 at one of the stores here, but that was sometime last month before black friday. They're probably all long gone by now.[/QUOTE]

I just saw one of these earlier this week at my store. I suppose that's a good price for a game and a Wii mote? I just picked up my first Wii last week.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The remote is not included it is just the motion plus adapter[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks! I'll compare prices to see if this is worth it... and decide if I'll ever use it!

[quote name='shieryda']I'm curious if most of these stores are stand-alones, or if they're attached to malls.[/QUOTE]

The one in Anderson, IN is attached to a mall but they apparently haven't carried games in quite a while.

hmmmmmm will drops still happen on the first friday of the month?

or with the pending RIP to the franchise, will they stop with the clearance?

I actually tend to think clearance would improve. This is just me thinking out loud (via keyboard) but Sears has acknowledged that part of the problem is their being a bit behind the curve compared to other stores. Whenever I am in a store and see a considerable amount of old merchandise my immediate thought is "wow no one buys X items from here." I am a CAG so that may be good for me, but I think the average consumer who has that thought then thinks that there must be better deals elsewhere or (more generally) there must be some reason why others shop elsewhere. This may lead to that consumer not purchasing X item there either.

So applying my (no retail experience) logic to this, it would better serve them to make sure older merchandise moves more quickly and does not linger on the shelves.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I tell ya... Sears must be ran by cave people! I have seen PS2 games for $19.99!!!!!!!:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Mine has FF X with a sticker tag of $49.99... Still rings up $29.99

Well, it's the first Friday of the month in a new year, I'll be hitting up a few Sears for a couple item's I've been watching...

XBOX 360 Arcade Play Wireless Controller Gaming Pack was $19.97 last check

and

Uncharted 2 (non-GOTY) was $17.97 last check

I really hope they dropped :)

bread's done
Back