Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Mine has FF X with a sticker tag of $49.99... Still rings up $29.99[/QUOTE]

If this were Toy Story, this game would cry every night due to never being played with.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Uncharted 2 (non-GOTY) was $17.97 last check

I really hope they dropped :)[/QUOTE]

Uncharted dual pack with Uncharted 2 GOTY was only $20 recently, so it'd have to drop a lot to be worth it.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I tell ya... Sears must be ran by cave people! I have seen PS2 games for $19.99!!!!!!!:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I've seen Gameboy Advance games at some Kmarts.

[quote name='sadakou']No new price drops or new games added to the clearance cycle this month. :([/QUOTE]

Maybe next week.

Stopped in tonight to check things out. Noticed some PSP games with January clearance tags, they were still $22.97. No new clearance tags on any other items present.

My store still has Red Steel 2 with Wii Motion plus for $19.97, is it worth it?

[quote name='shieryda']Picked up a copy of Guitar Hero: Van Halen (360) for $14.97. Had my eyes on it for 3 months.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting to get GH Van Halen forever just cuz I like Van Halen. Picked it up a week ago on Amazon brand new from a seller. About $8 including shipping if you want to check it out

Yeah, $15 isn't really that great of a price. I originally got it for free for buying GH5. I didn't have a case or artwork for it (just the sleeve it came in), so I recently bought another copy of the game for $5, which is less than what it would've cost me to buy a case and inserts separately.

[quote name='jedifrog21']I've been waiting to get GH Van Halen forever just cuz I like Van Halen. Picked it up a week ago on Amazon brand new from a seller. About $8 including shipping if you want to check it out[/QUOTE]

Yep. I actually just found one on Amazon for $3.99 (plus $3.99 shipping). Had some credit to use, too, so it came out to about $2.50. The Sears copy will be going back.:D

[quote name='shieryda']Yep. I actually just found one on Amazon for $3.99 (plus $3.99 shipping). Had some credit to use, too, so it came out to about $2.50. The Sears copy will be going back.:D[/QUOTE]

Cool glad you saved some money. Yeah sounds like the same seller I got mine from

It seems my local sears has been wipe-out cleaned of clearance games.

Anyway, my sears has the sandisk 2gig pro duo stick for $.97 cent. YMMV though. Grabbed the last 3 for my PSP.

[quote name='Byakurai']HUGE update on clearance prices today. Nothing that great, but a lot of games I wasn't expecting. Gears of War 3, SSBB, Star Fox 64 3DS.[/QUOTE]

What were the prices?

[quote name='Byakurai']HUGE update on clearance prices today. Nothing that great, but a lot of games I wasn't expecting. Gears of War 3, SSBB, Star Fox 64 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Lol right after I bought it for $25 on eBay

If it's less then $20 then :/

Curious about SSBB though

[quote name='esalw822']What were the prices?[/QUOTE] 39.97 for gow3 and ssbb and 34.97 for star fox according to google.

It looks like a new big clearance cycle has begun - google shows stuff like Homefront, LA Noire, Dead Space 2 etc priced at $25-$30. Obviously any CAG who knows what he's doing will have been able to get this stuff for far less, but by summertime these should be hitting the $5-$10 range.

Unfortunately the old cycle games didn't drop in price, but it is nice to see new games enter clearance. Hopefully these ones don't get stuck at the $19.97 mark like the older cycle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think Sears clearance is now up to the discretion of the individual store managers. So perhaps the manager at your store thinks that the game will still sell at $20 as opposed to letting it drop any further.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this has ever been address but actually all these clearance prices are from markdowns that come from someone higher up (possibly someone in corporate). I work at Sears specifically electronics. We get markdowns from the PCN (Price Change Notification) network. These price changes consist of either markups or markdowns including lowered prices, clearance prices, and zero-ed out items. In the network they send out a list of different divisions that will get a price change at our store. Usually they send these lists about 2 weeks in advance. The network also keeps a record of PCNs for several weeks till they disappear ( I think for at least 2 weeks). The network also keeps records for every Sears store, so I can actually look up any store and know what will go on clearance.

Here in Houston we just had a HUGE markdown on games and accessories. My list for division 58 (video games) was 545 video games and accessories. This counting for every game of each title so I'm sure there's 40+ titles going on clearance on different platforms. I'm not sure if this is the same everywhere else but I can confirm at least the Houston area.

[quote name='ImperialPie']I'm not sure if this is the same everywhere else but I can confirm at least the Houston area.[/QUOTE]
Will drop by my SoCal Sears after hearing this.

Saw a few new clearance titles:

DS Mario & Luigi: Browser Story $24.97
DS Golden Sun Dark Sun $29.97
Wii Donkey Kong Returns $39.97
Wii Sports Resort Bundle $34.97
Wii Zelda Twilight Princess Platinum Hits $15.97
360 Rage $24.97
360 250 GB HD $79.97

Picked up -

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box $4.97!

My wife was so happy, she loves those games!

[quote name='lude21']Picked up -

My wife was so happy, she loves those games![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I've been keeping a close watch on that game since it hit the clearance cycle last year. I'll have to check my Sears tomorrow to see if they marked it down too. With any luck, Animal Crossing: Wild World will have hit a similar price.

[quote name='ImperialPie']I'm not sure if this has ever been address but actually all these clearance prices are from markdowns that come from someone higher up (possibly someone in corporate). I work at Sears specifically electronics. We get markdowns from the PCN (Price Change Notification) network. These price changes consist of either markups or markdowns including lowered prices, clearance prices, and zero-ed out items. In the network they send out a list of different divisions that will get a price change at our store. Usually they send these lists about 2 weeks in advance. The network also keeps a record of PCNs for several weeks till they disappear ( I think for at least 2 weeks). The network also keeps records for every Sears store, so I can actually look up any store and know what will go on clearance.

Here in Houston we just had a HUGE markdown on games and accessories. My list for division 58 (video games) was 545 video games and accessories. This counting for every game of each title so I'm sure there's 40+ titles going on clearance on different platforms. I'm not sure if this is the same everywhere else but I can confirm at least the Houston area.[/QUOTE]

That information is actually well known. The guy that did it posted here under the title "SHC Gamer" although he mostly focused on Kmart deals. He left a month or so ago but didn't say what happened to him. I assumed he was laid off during the reorganization which is a shame since his wife recently had a baby and he really helped me and a ton of other people here out with deals and problems.

He said he would start posting here as a regular poster but he hasn't started yet or at least hasn't made himself known. Perhaps soon he will.

[quote name='Blaster man']That information is actually well known. The guy that did it posted here under the title "SHC Gamer" although he mostly focused on Kmart deals. He left a month or so ago but didn't say what happened to him. I assumed he was laid off during the reorganization which is a shame since his wife recently had a baby and he really helped me and a ton of other people here out with deals and problems.

He said he would start posting here as a regular poster but he hasn't started yet or at least hasn't made himself known. Perhaps soon he will.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok. Well I meant to bring the list of games that went on clearance here. From what I remember most of the 3DS games are on clearance except for Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3DS, some Pokemon game, and Lego Star Wars. Every PSP accessory is on clearance except the actual system (3000 model). Other games I can remember is Rage, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Alpha Protocol, Uncharted 2, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Portal 2, Dead Rising 2, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black, Pokemon Souls Silver, Pokemon Heart Gold, Golden Sun DS game. Some of the accessories was Playstation 3 Blu-ray remote, 3rd party Playstation 3 controller with a type pad, and the storage centers for PS3 and Xbox 360.

There is certainly way more stuff. I'll post games and prices tomorrow from my store. From what I have been reading here every game mention here so far since my last post are the same prices on my list so I assume this is universal. I'll do what I can to help you CAGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm. My closest Sears no longer shows up on the Google Shopping search when looking for clearance items. Plus it looks like the address of the second closest one has been changed in Google Shopping.

[quote name='ImperialPie']Ahh ok. Well I meant to bring the list of games that went on clearance here. From what I remember most of the 3DS games are on clearance except for Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3DS, some Pokemon game, and Lego Star Wars. Every PSP accessory is on clearance except the actual system (3000 model). Other games I can remember is Rage, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Alpha Protocol, Uncharted 2, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Portal 2, Dead Rising 2, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black, Pokemon Souls Silver, Pokemon Heart Gold, Golden Sun DS game. Some of the accessories was Playstation 3 Blu-ray remote, 3rd party Playstation 3 controller with a type pad, and the storage centers for PS3 and Xbox 360.

There is certainly way more stuff. I'll post games and prices tomorrow from my store. From what I have been reading here every game mention here so far since my last post are the same prices on my list so I assume this is universal. I'll do what I can to help you CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Thx! Will check your list tomorrow.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I saw Ratchet: Deadlocked for 7.97, although it was a November sticker. If it's 2 bucks or less, I will nab it.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually looking for a sealed copy, where was this at if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='ImperialPie']Ahh ok. Well I meant to bring the list of games that went on clearance here. From what I remember most of the 3DS games are on clearance except for Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3DS, some Pokemon game, and Lego Star Wars. Every PSP accessory is on clearance except the actual system (3000 model). Other games I can remember is Rage, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Alpha Protocol, Uncharted 2, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Portal 2, Dead Rising 2, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black, Pokemon Souls Silver, Pokemon Heart Gold, Golden Sun DS game. Some of the accessories was Playstation 3 Blu-ray remote, 3rd party Playstation 3 controller with a type pad, and the storage centers for PS3 and Xbox 360.

There is certainly way more stuff. I'll post games and prices tomorrow from my store. From what I have been reading here every game mention here so far since my last post are the same prices on my list so I assume this is universal. I'll do what I can to help you CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Be careful, a guy used to do that and he got fired from Sears.

For Nashville CAGs. Rivergate clearance has been moved to Hickory Hollow according to salesman on the floor. Didn't have much to begin with, but nothing now.

grabbed :360: enslaved for $7.48, which i'm happy about since i missed the $4.99 bby sale and there are seemingly no copies left there in my state.

Ton of new stuff here, too bad it was still damn near MSRP.

Saw a buttload of Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silvers for 34.99, might keep my eye out on those.

[quote name='lude21']Picked up -

My wife was so happy, she loves those games![/QUOTE]

Thanks to the OP about the Diabolical box price drop. I found it at my Sears in CT in the DS display. It was still marked $29.99. Great buy at $4.97!

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I'm actually looking for a sealed copy, where was this at if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

Monroe, MI. There were both greatest hits and black label copies. I'm gonna head there later for them to scan it and find out the real price. Hopefully they are cheap as dirt.

bread's done
Back