Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So how many months till Portal 2 drops to $10... if it's still even there.[/QUOTE]

In the 2010 cycle, the prices dropped by $3-5 every month with 0.97 cents being the price floor. There were also many games entering the cycle mid-year. The price drops were also universal across all stores. We had no SeaHoldCo representatives on CAG in 2010.

In the 2011 cycle, the prices dropped by $0-1 every month with many games not dropping any lower than 19.97 or 14.97, with the exception being that one month all of the games dropped by $8-10 out of nowhere. Almost no new games entered the cycle. Price drops became YMMV per store manager in 2011. SearsHoldCo representatives took over on CAG in 2011.

It's hard to tell how 2012 will play out at this point because this month was the first time in a while new games entered the cycle. Thankfully, there seems to be an absence of SearsHoldCo representatives on CAG this year and the price drops reported for FEB seem to be back to universal across all stores again (coincidence? ;)). We will have to wait until March to get a glimpse of how things will play out this year. Hopefully it is a return to the glory days of 2010 because 2011 sucked.

[quote name='ImperialPie'][long-ass list]

All done! Now these are only the games that had their prices changed this month. There were a few other games with older clearance prices that I saw. If I see any I'll let you guys know tomorrow. For future lists, I'll post them the day the prices go in effect. I'll let you guys know in advance when there will be a price change.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. You have my thanks!

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet: the :ps2: Persona 3 Collector's Edition hit $14.97. I was tempted to buy a second copy to keep sealed, but my funds are limited at the moment and that seemed like a needless purchase.

[quote name='newbslice']So those price that guy posted is that for all Sears or what[/QUOTE]

Some of these prices are not universal but most are. There are some clearance prices, like the Xbox 360 Slim HDD 250 gb or SSBB, that have different prices. The SSBB is not even on clearance here I think.

The huge list was to give people a perspective on what they should be looking out for. This was no means an accurate list for every game out there.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Picked up a copy of Layton Diabolical Box for $4.97 (left 1 copy). Thanks for the heads up about that one. Nothing else to report from my local, sadly.[/QUOTE]

We were totally out of those! Lucky! I might try to look at the 4 other or so Sears around me if they still have any.

The Xbox 360 slim 250 GB HDD was on sale before Xmas, so it should be dropping nicely for those looking to get one. Also this is a commonly unmarked item at some Sears stores, so you may want to get a UPC and use the self-scanner.

Before Xmas I also saw a copy of Super Paper Mario (the non-nintendo selects version) on clearance, so that is another thing to look out for if you happen to be hunting for it.

[quote name='borg20001']Google shop (at least for me recently) has been erratic. I searched for Professor Layton and the Diabolical box Sears and the first day it showed stores around me and listed whether it was instock or limitied stock and I found it to be accurate (at least at the store I went to - they did have it in stock for the clearance price). However, the 2nd day I went to check - using hte same search parameters, Google Shop found nothing. I had to remove Sears from the search criteria and then it never found any stores locally. And I know that was wrong because I went out that day and using the info from the previous day was able to find the game at my local Sears - which was when I bought it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because they were sold...?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Maybe because they were sold...?[/QUOTE]

Even if they sold, it would still appear on google, showing "out of stock". I just tried and can't get it to show up now either, but it did a few days ago when someone posted the deal

[quote name='mitch079']The price on the slim 250gb hard drive varies. I'm seeing it as low as 68.97 according to Google tracker and at different prices at the 4 other stores listed.[/QUOTE]

See one for $64.97 near me.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Even if they sold, it would still appear on google, showing "out of stock". I just tried and can't get it to show up now either, but it did a few days ago when someone posted the deal[/QUOTE]

Ahh.. I see... Well, let me know if you find 1 of those $10 Wii consoles. $15shipped, if you do! :D

If anyone was wondering, the 2000 Wii Nintendo Point's card that are 15 bucks are the ones in the plastic casing not the ones that aren't. They will say "Wii/DSi" on the bottom of the card. If it just says Wii with no plastic case around it, that is not it. These cards are the new cards that Sears are selling. I hope that clears things up

I found a copy of Muramasa(Wii) for $9.97 at my local Sears that I picked up. I did see a ton of new clearance items, but nothing with that great of a price. It also looked like the two people working were pulling more items to mark down today FWIW.

Got an email from Sears 5-20% off regular, sale, and clearance items in store and online. Instore all day this sunday with your shop your way rewards card, online 8pm ct sat-4am ct monday by using member id and promo code. plus with any purchase get 2 great coupn offoers $10 off future purchase of $50 or more, $20 off future purchase of $100 or more.

[quote name='J7.']Got an email from Sears 5-20% off regular, sale, and clearance items in store and online. Instore all day this sunday with your shop your way rewards card, online 8pm ct sat-4am ct monday by using member id and promo code. plus with any purchase get 2 great coupn offoers $10 off future purchase of $50 or more, $20 off future purchase of $100 or more.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I'll have to check my emails to see if I received that one. Normally the SYWR emails get deleted without a second look from me, since it's usually the same 'we'll give you 10% off' and then a list of shit I'd never want a discount on.:roll:

Too bad I think I left my $2.10 in rewards lapse/expire or I'd go back for Bayonetta if I could get the extra 20% off that AND use the rewards.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Maybe because they were sold...?[/QUOTE]

Not in this case. When I bought the one copy of Prof Layton Diabolical Box, there were 2 more still in the display case. Yet when I went to check for them via google shopping , entering in "Professor Layton and the diabolical box sears" I end up getting this message:

Your search - professor layton and the diabolical box sears - did not match any documents.

So it wasn't that they were sold out, it looked more like a case of the Google shopping search not being able to access Sears inventory any more.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. I'll have to check my emails to see if I received that one. Normally the SYWR emails get deleted without a second look from me, since it's usually the same 'we'll give you 10% off' and then a list of shit I'd never want a discount on.:roll:

Too bad I think I left my $2.10 in rewards lapse/expire or I'd go back for Bayonetta if I could get the extra 20% off that AND use the rewards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks IA, I forgot about my Shop Rewards acct. I went back and repurchased Diabolical Box for $4.97 plus tax minus about $2.50 in rewards to cut the cost even more. Too bad I did not get to go out Sunday with the coupon for another small discount added on.

[quote name='newbslice']So why is it some of you are reporting price changes and my sears still has the games at 59.99 talking about forza 4[/QUOTE]
Did you try having it scanned? Sometimes they don't mark the prices down by putting new stickers on everything. That, for most of us, is a lil slice of heaven. Since then the only other people who may know the price may be cheaper are other CAG's/deal hunters and the employees themselves.

That's when it's FUN to deal hunt, since you just get the looks of shock and disbelief from employees when the prices come up.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you try having it scanned? Sometimes they don't mark the prices down by putting new stickers on everything. That, for most of us, is a lil slice of heaven. Since then the only other people who may know the price may be cheaper are other CAG's/deal hunters and the employees themselves.

That's when it's FUN to deal hunt, since you just get the looks of shock and disbelief from employees when the prices come up.:D[/QUOTE]

Its those moments I live for :D

The only problem with that is when the employees then think it is a mistake and are hesitant to sell the game for that price. I bought Full Auto 2 for PS3 around 3 years ago for $0.97, it was tagged $59.99 which of course caused some concern with the person at the register but the manager said if it rung up for $0.97, that was the price it had to be sold for.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The only problem with that is when the employees then think it is a mistake and are hesitant to sell the game for that price. I bought Full Auto 2 for PS3 around 3 years ago for $0.97, it was tagged $59.99 which of course caused some concern with the person at the register but the manager said if it rung up for $0.97, that was the price it had to be sold for.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Probably a new employee. Everyone in my store knows how low clearance can get.

Quick update: No other markdowns this month. All the PCNs till the 27 are up and not a single one in games or even electronics. Yeah I know we have to wait but I thought I'd keep you guys updated. Hopefully they will send March PCNs soon.

Stopped to a different Sears the other day and what kind of CAG would I be to not get a game for $0.97? Especially, when I have the system for it. PS2 Amf Xtreme Bowling. Even if I don't ever play it or only play it once, it was too cheap to pass up!

Finally found something at a Sears.

I was poking around on google shopping and it looks like the Wii Fling Smash bundle is 29.97, another drop or two and it would be a great buy (also looks to be instock everywhere)

Sears in Santa Cruz Ca had a bunch of new clearance games. I found Rage Anarchy with slipcover 360, Deux Ex with slipcover 360, Need for Speed the Run, PGA Masters 12, LA Noir PS3, DQM 2, Bulletstorm and some others for $12. I can't remember the console for all of them. They also had a couple of you're in the movies for $5.

[quote name='shoe478']Cool, your store must've had something special going on because those games are $24.97 - $34.97 here.[/QUOTE]

I believe his sears is having an additional 50% off on clearance games with pink and yellow tags like mine is. I was able to grab these games last night - Rage PS3 $12.XX, Assassin's Creed 2 360 $7.XX, Mass Effect 2 PS3 $7.XX, Professor Layton Diabolical box $2.XX, Heavy Rain $12.XX, Vanquish PS3 $7.XX, and Socom 4 $15.XX.

[quote name='postaboy']I believe his sears is having an additional 50% off on clearance games with pink and yellow tags like mine is. I was able to grab these games last night - Rage PS3 $12.XX, Assassin's Creed 2 360 $7.XX, Mass Effect 2 PS3 $7.XX, Professor Layton Diabolical box $2.XX, Heavy Rain $12.XX, Vanquish PS3 $7.XX, and Socom 4 $15.XX.[/QUOTE]

They had stickers on them so I guess that means they have an extra discount. Wish mine would have had Heavy Rain.
Forgot to mention they had some 3DS games too like Nintendogs and Steel Diver.

The first few price change notifications for March came into the system last week. Nothing so far however the Play N' Type PS3 controller may get zero'ed out. I know at my store it will so you guys might want to pick it up soon if you want it. Mine zeros out on the 24.

[quote name='ImperialPie']The first few price change notifications for March came into the system last week. Nothing so far however the Play N' Type PS3 controller may get zero'ed out. I know at my store it will so you guys might want to pick it up soon if you want it. Mine zeros out on the 24.[/QUOTE]
Play N Type PS3 controller? It's an unofficial one, right? What's the price at right now?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Play N Type PS3 controller? It's an unofficial one, right? What's the price at right now?[/QUOTE]

Correct. It is an unofficial controller. It is the controller with the built in type pad. It is 25.97 at my store.

Saw two copies of Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box for $4.97 at the Sears in South Lake Mall, Merrillville Indiana. Passed on them. This was on Friday I believe..

Alright guys. So there's going to be another huge markdown March 3. Games that got marked down last time are getting marked down 2 to 5 bucks. Some newer games are getting added to clearance. I'll post a list soon. Check back next week. I'll have it up before the 3rd possibly the 2nd of March.

[quote name='ImperialPie']Alright guys. So there's going to be another huge markdown March 3. Games that got marked down last time are getting marked down 2 to 5 bucks. Some newer games are getting added to clearance. I'll post a list soon. Check back next week. I'll have it up before the 3rd possibly the 2nd of March.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. We barely had any markdowns that could be considered worthwhile while SHC-Gamer was in charge of gaming for Kmart/Sears. Now that he's seemingly gone from the company we not only get markdowns but SIZABLE ones again.:applause: I'd say that's a win for us cheapasses who like our games 2-5 years old and cheap as hell.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. We barely had any markdowns that could be considered worthwhile while SHC-Gamer was in charge of gaming for Kmart/Sears. Now that he's seemingly gone from the company we not only get markdowns but SIZABLE ones again.:applause: I'd say that's a win for us cheapasses who like our games 2-5 years old and cheap as hell.[/QUOTE]

Is there a kmart clearance thread anymore? I know there has been little since SHC joined, but I can't find a thread.

Actually stopped at a store that still had a tiny amount of decent clearance (the Boulevard Mall store in Amherst, NY). Grabbed Myst for the DS for $5. They also had a few copies of the first release of Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock (standalone) with the free Soundgarden CD for $10 or $15. Felt good to find something at Sears again seeing as how the one closest to me got rid of their clearance bin altogether and scattered the few remaining (mostly unmarked) clearance games around the gaming section.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. We barely had any markdowns that could be considered worthwhile while SHC-Gamer was in charge of gaming for Kmart/Sears. Now that he's seemingly gone from the company we not only get markdowns but SIZABLE ones again.:applause: I'd say that's a win for us cheapasses who like our games 2-5 years old and cheap as hell.[/QUOTE]

And $0.97 games again, I got Ultimate Band DS for that price. I know the game is probably horrible but since it's been a very long time since I have bought a game for under $1 at Sears, I had to get it.

Professor Layton and the DiAbolical Box scanned for $24.97 which I thought was weird.

bread's done
Back