Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='adamthered']If anybody is still looking for a new copy of Mass Effect Platinum Hits it appears Sears may still have them in stock. I was trying to find a new copy all over town and the only place that seemed to still have them in stock was Sears. Game Stop wanted $25 for a used copy, Sears wanted $15 for a new.[/QUOTE]

$15? I got mine for $12.97 there on Wednesday

[quote name='GBAstar']My store has three. I'm hoping they drop further.. and I recently bought an Xbox after only having a PS3 and yes it's the 4GB model so it would help immensely.

I wonder if they'll drop further OR if I offer then $50 if they'll take it (although I'd feel like an idiot trying to barter with a retail store)[/QUOTE]

My advice (take it or leave it) is to buy one and hold on to the receipt. It'll probably drop again, but if you wait for that drop, they'll all be gone. You could always try to barter.:)

I guess i have to ask why is it my sears don't follow these price changes? I've been in their numerous times and get games scanned at the register to see if they have had price changed but they're still ringing up 59.99 29.99 etc

Not all stores are the same. Some adhere to price drops more strictly than others.

Good on ya for actually scanning the games, and not just taking what the tags say at face value.

My local Sears has a white PSP for $49.99. Almost bit, but I just don't need another handheld I am never going to play.

local Sears was horrible, only thing that I thought about getting was White Knight Chronicles I for around $13. Also I saw a PSP charger for $5 but when I scanned it, it told me to get a store associate and I did. When they scanned it, they told me it was not in the registry. The guy refused to sell it to me, I'm just wondering if this was normal protocol as I heard another guy saying it rang up as $0.00

[quote name='JYabbz']local Sears was horrible, only thing that I thought about getting was White Knight Chronicles I for around $13. Also I saw a PSP charger for $5 but when I scanned it, it told me to get a store associate and I did. When they scanned it, they told me it was not in the registry. The guy refused to sell it to me, I'm just wondering if this was normal protocol as I heard another guy saying it rang up as $0.00[/QUOTE]

A local sears has had White Knight for a long time. I won't buy it though as it comes free with White Knight 2.

I had the same experience when movies clearanceD out to movies they sold. Many came out with no price and they refused to sell them even at any price.

[quote name='pulsar0510']My local Sears has a white PSP for $49.99. Almost bit, but I just don't need another handheld I am never going to play.[/QUOTE]

I could use a PSP GO. Which store location had one?

For those looking for the Wii points cards... they may not be near any of the points cards or Wii items.

Do NOTTT trust the sales associate to find them for you. Walk up and down the electronics aisles, as they may be in a place you'd least expect them to be.

Marked $14.xx. Rang up $8.xx.

I don't have a Wii, yet, but I got some anyway. Do these expire?

[quote name='JYabbz']local Sears was horrible, only thing that I thought about getting was White Knight Chronicles I for around $13. Also I saw a PSP charger for $5 but when I scanned it, it told me to get a store associate and I did. When they scanned it, they told me it was not in the registry. The guy refused to sell it to me, I'm just wondering if this was normal protocol as I heard another guy saying it rang up as $0.00[/QUOTE]

It zeroed out which means he SHOULD have contacted his manager to get a price. That's what I do when they bring me an item like that.

Sometimes they can get taken out of the system where we can't ring them up. I'm not sure if we can even sell them to you if we can't put a price for it.

Go in next time and ask to speak to their department manager and have him price it. It's policy that we do. Also why wouldn't they want a sell? lol

[quote name='Derrick1979']$15? I got mine for $12.97 there on Wednesday[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the store that supposedly had it for $12.97 no longer had it in stock so I had to go with the next store that did have it for $14.97.

[quote name='adamthered']Yeah, the store that supposedly had it for $12.97 no longer had it in stock so I had to go with the next store that did have it for $14.97.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that sucks but still better then GS selling for $24.99 used... ME1 is getting to be a little harder to find and I never really paid attention until I decided I wanted to do the trilogy run..

ME 1 is getting hard to find. Want it bad. On Ebay someone has thr trilogy(all 3) as Buy it now for 124 bucks.I think it said 2 and 3 are new. Thinking about going for it.

[quote name='mrclutch']ME 1 is getting hard to find. Want it bad. On Ebay someone has thr trilogy(all 3) as Buy it now for 124 bucks.I think it said 2 and 3 are new. Thinking about going for it.[/QUOTE]

This one? I don't know about this series. This came up under a 'platinum hits' search, though I don't notice those words on the cover.

http://www.frys.com/product/5668191?source=googleps

You could get 1 and 2, online, and wait for 3 to drop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mass-Effect...8088?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c63b41838

Tried to get a PSP Go from a nearby Sears that showed to be in stock via Google Shopping. However, when I got there, it was nowhere to be found. I asked a salesman and they told me that they only got the PSP 3000s left. I was disappointed, but at least I did not leave empty handed. I picked up a Deep Red DS3 controller for 21.97. Was tagged at 59.99, the salesman was so surprised, lol!

I still have a sealed original label Mass Effect from SEARS Clearance last year (it was only $4.97). How the hell they managed to keep that in stock so long is beyond me, but it still has the "Do Not Sell Before" orange label on top which is dated from 2007.

NHL 12 was stickered at $39.97 in the glass case. Will probably be in the wire bin in the next week (or month). It had a Feb. sticker, so it's probably cheaper now, but I was in a hurry to get out of there and didn't have it scanned. Can't find it for this price on Google Shopping...

Hey guys I picked up a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on clearance for $24.97. Best price I've seen anywhere for that game.

They also had Kirby's Epic Yarn for the same price.

[quote name='Gators300']Hey guys I picked up a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on clearance for $24.97. Best price I've seen anywhere for that game.

They also had Kirby's Epic Yarn for the same price.[/QUOTE]
Twilight Princes is coming down pretty fast as well.

Picked up the last PSP Go white at my store for $50, and then get home to discover it has clearly been used. Although everything is mint, the box did not have the seal on the side and there were telltale fingerprints on the screen. Sure enough, when I booted it up I saw some demos had been downloaded on Dec 25th. LOL. Obviously someone got this as a Christmas present but back it went when they realized it couldn't play them discs.

I dunno, I'm not that pissed off, but feel this was kind of a dick move from Sears, putting that back in the glass case with no indication that this was previously owned. Is this actually legal? Not looking to make a fuss, but just curious.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Picked up the last PSP Go white at my store for $50, and then get home to discover it has clearly been used. Although everything is mint, the box did not have the seal on the side and there were telltale fingerprints on the screen. Sure enough, when I booted it up I saw some demos had been downloaded on Dec 25th. LOL. Obviously someone got this as a Christmas present but back it went when they realized it couldn't play them discs.

I dunno, I'm not that pissed off, but feel this was kind of a dick move from Sears, putting that back in the glass case with no indication that this was previously owned. Is this actually legal? Not looking to make a fuss, but just curious.[/QUOTE]
That's why I honestly wanna check all of the ones I grabbed BEFORE shipping them out so that there's no problems when they arrive to the folks(from CAG) that I'm sending them to.

One of them has an issue with the side seal where it's peeling off and the one other one has an issue with the double seal where it's a bit looser than the other three. The double seal is down on what I guess would be the front of the box at the bottom where the box opens when you open the system.

So those two I'm leery about shipping out. But hopefully no one has been dishonest and returned the systems after using them for a while. I know that all four boxes feel exactly the same on weight as well, which was another thing I was checking while buying them and when I got them home.

Unfortunately the people at the store I bought them from said that they 'sometimes had to open them to show people them'. Hopefully they don't mean the ones I bought though.:cry::whistle2:#

EDIT: It would now appear that Google Shopping is showing that these are OOS at all three of my local Sears stores now.:cry: Oh well. So much for waiting on another drop to buy one that may have been stashed in the back room someplace.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Picked up the last PSP Go white at my store for $50, and then get home to discover it has clearly been used. Although everything is mint, the box did not have the seal on the side and there were telltale fingerprints on the screen. Sure enough, when I booted it up I saw some demos had been downloaded on Dec 25th. LOL. Obviously someone got this as a Christmas present but back it went when they realized it couldn't play them discs.

I dunno, I'm not that pissed off, but feel this was kind of a dick move from Sears, putting that back in the glass case with no indication that this was previously owned. Is this actually legal? Not looking to make a fuss, but just curious.[/QUOTE]
No, many stores will open up a box to showcase it. You could of thrown a fit and see if they dropped the price... but at that price the manager might of been no cuz he/she would of been happy to take it home.

I think I saw some PS2s at a sears and it looked like they were 50 bucks. They were white, but the boxes don't look like the white PS2s that I can see online. What is this and should I buy them?

[quote name='vishank']Tried to get a PSP Go from a nearby Sears that showed to be in stock via Google Shopping. However, when I got there, it was nowhere to be found. I asked a salesman and they told me that they only got the PSP 3000s left. I was disappointed, but at least I did not leave empty handed. I picked up a Deep Red DS3 controller for 21.97. Was tagged at 59.99, the salesman was so surprised, lol![/QUOTE]

How was it packaged? In the older plastic packaging or the new blue cardboard boxes?

Went to the Sears in Hurst, TX as google shopper showed the PSP Go in stock for $49.97 and even wrote down the item number to take with me. Item showed up as in stock in their system as well but after checking two areas it was nowhere to be found. I don't think the electronics guy was trying to pull one over on me either because he seemed to be a few fries short of a happy meal not to mention he was clueless of the product. On another note, not sure what their story is but about 90% of their video game inventory is clearanced and in clearance bins making the glass cases nearly empty. They had many titles on hand but nothing I was interested in.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Went to the Sears in Hurst, TX as google shopper showed the PSP Go in stock for $49.97 and even wrote down the item number to take with me. Item showed up as in stock in their system as well but after checking two areas it was nowhere to be found. I don't think the electronics guy was trying to pull one over on me either because he seemed to be a few fries short of a happy meal not to mention he was clueless of the product. On another note, not sure what their story is but about 90% of their video game inventory is clearanced and in clearance bins making the glass cases nearly empty. They had many titles on hand but nothing I was interested in.[/QUOTE]
Two areas? Which two areas? Just curious. I found the ones I grabbed at the bottom of the PSP/PS3 game case at my one local store.

But I have found other gaming clearance items(like HD-DVD drives) in the glass camera clearance cases near the camera section before. So you may want to recheck the WHOLE section and not just a couple of areas, since sometimes clearance items are where you least expect them to be.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Two areas? Which two areas? Just curious. I found the ones I grabbed at the bottom of the PSP/PS3 game case at my one local store.

But I have found other gaming clearance items(like HD-DVD drives) in the glass camera clearance cases near the camera section before. So you may want to recheck the WHOLE section and not just a couple of areas, since sometimes clearance items are where you least expect them to be.[/QUOTE]

You know it's never to late to donate even one of the GO's with the questionable seal :lol:

[quote name='Derrick1979']Ahh that sucks but still better then GS selling for $24.99 used... ME1 is getting to be a little harder to find and I never really paid attention until I decided I wanted to do the trilogy run..[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Got caught up on my current gen backlog and thought "what next?" Took advantage of that Best Buy coupon for $15 off ME2 as well so ME1 and ME2 brand new for $20 wasn't too shabby in my opinion :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Two areas? Which two areas? Just curious. I found the ones I grabbed at the bottom of the PSP/PS3 game case at my one local store.

But I have found other gaming clearance items(like HD-DVD drives) in the glass camera clearance cases near the camera section before. So you may want to recheck the WHOLE section and not just a couple of areas, since sometimes clearance items are where you least expect them to be.[/QUOTE]

Me and the guy that worked there looked all over the place and like I said the game cases were nearly empty so who knows. It's possible that if it's in the store it's obviously not where it's supposed to be but more likely the system has the wrong stock info. Didn't really expect it to be there anyway. I'm now 0/3 following google shopper leads.

Does anyone have the Sears stock/sku # or upc of the white psp go? Google shopper limited availability at my store and they didn't have any in the case. The guy was gonna check in the stock room for me but I had to get to work.

This was on friday and it still shows as limited availability on google shopper. I know inventory levels could be off but figure it's worth a shot.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Does anyone have the Sears stock/sku # or upc of the white psp go? Google shopper limited availability at my store and they didn't have any in the case. The guy was gonna check in the stock room for me but I had to get to work.

This was on friday and it still shows as limited availability on google shopper. I know inventory levels could be off but figure it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
The Sears item number for the Go is 05898021000. Hope that helps.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Does anyone have the Sears stock/sku # or upc of the white psp go?[/QUOTE]

On my receipt the item # reads 58 98021 and the UPC is 711719851400.

Is it hard to do whatever it is to be able to play N64 games and such? I've never read or attempted anything like that before, don't want to buy one and not be able to do anything with it.

For anyone who picked up a PSP Go, I just decided to mod mine...took 2 minutes. Holy crap is it stream lined now!! :)

Here is a copy/paste guideline how to do it (from a fellow Gaf poster)

Custom Firmware:
- Takes less than five minutes to install
- Can be set up to be "temporary", so that if you reboot your PSP, you're back on OFW
- Has access to PSN
- Works on every PSP model
- PSP's firmware won't get any more updates so there's no risk of the typical firmware/jailbreak arms race
- If you can download and install this patch, you've spent more time modifying your PSP than it takes to download and install CFW

Interested?
- Update your PSP's firmware to 6.60.
- Download this: http://procfw.googlecode.com/files/660PRO-B10.fix1.rar and extract it
- Connect your PSP to your computer in USB mode.
- Drag the PSP folder from the extracted RAR onto your PSP. (so you should have at least driveletter:\PSP\GAME\FastRecovery and driveletter:\PSP\GAME\PROUPDATE)
- Disconnect your PSP
- Run "Pro Update" on your PSP.
- When that is finished, you may delete or keep Pro Update.
- Every time you reboot you're on Official Firmware. Run Fast Recovery to switch to custom firmware. The switch takes about 5-10 seconds. Sleep mode keeps you in Custom Firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the Montebello Sears in CA. No PSPgo (sad), as far as games are concerned, here are some that I remember:
:ps3: Sports Champions 7.xx
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles marked as 14.xx, scanned showing 12.xx
:ps3: :360: Def Jam Rap star bundle 23.xx

Just to let the newbies know, before flashing CFW on the PSP Go. Without the pandora battery which is only usable on some PSP 2000 models and below, traces of CFW installed will be saved in NAND, even if you overwrite it with another CFW or OFW. There is also no way to "fully" unbrick a PSP without the pandora battery. That is why I use my PSP 2000 for homebrew/emulators and my PSP Go for buying stuff on PS Store.

Anyone have an extra PSP Go? I figure probably not, but PM if willing to part with one. I can't find one, but this deal seems too awesome not to give it a go on here.

I went ahead and deleted my message. Just wanted to make sure people don't go flashing uninformed of the consequences especially on the PSP Go without the option to use the PD Battery.

Picked up a Sony Ps3 Bluray Remote for 7.97 today, a nyko wii wand plus for 7.97 plus Cabelas Big Game hunter 11 with the gun for the wii for 24.97.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yep just checked, you guys REALLY might want to edit that CFW stuff out. Especially you irish[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something but somebody being around as long as he has should know better and deserves to be banned.

@TooPoor, I think all the pspGO's all sold out when they sold for $100.

[quote name='TooPoor']Went to the Montebello Sears in CA. No PSPgo (sad), as far as games are concerned, here are some that I remember:
:ps3: Sports Champions 7.xx
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles marked as 14.xx, scanned showing 12.xx
:ps3: :360: Def Jam Rap star bundle 23.xx[/QUOTE]

Still have my new, unopened $4.99 Def Jam Rap star bundle from Best Buy's $4.99 frenzy. PS3

[quote name='JPLS']Anyone have an extra PSP Go? I figure probably not, but PM if willing to part with one. I can't find one, but this deal seems too awesome not to give it a go on here.[/QUOTE]

IAmTheCheapestGamer does for $75/shipped.

[quote name='pksellers']Picked up a Sony Ps3 Bluray Remote for 7.97 today, a nyko wii wand plus for 7.97 plus Cabelas Big Game hunter 11 with the gun for the wii for 24.97.[/QUOTE]

Dag nammit. I had 1 in my hands, a few days ago, and figured I wouldn't use it. I'm going to go check on a different console... At that price... maybe I will get that remote, if it's still there.

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
IAmTheCheapestGamer does for $75/shipped.[/QUOTE]
Shush. I'm waffling on if I wanna sell them due to how the seals look on the packages. The ones I grabbed may be going back unless I can get people who PM me about them to gimme permission to double check the contents to assure the system inside the box is 100% unused/new.

I don't feel like getting hammered for refunds if someone bought the system n returned it after trying it out and I doubt anyone buying them from me would agree to lose the money if their system isn't 100% new/sealed and not complain for a refund.

bread's done
Back