Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shush. I'm waffling on if I wanna sell them due to how the seals look on the packages. The ones I grabbed may be going back unless I can get people who PM me about them to gimme permission to double check the contents to assure the system inside the box is 100% unused/new.

I don't feel like getting hammered for refunds if someone bought the system n returned it after trying it out and I doubt anyone buying them from me would agree to lose the money if their system isn't 100% new/sealed and not complain for a refund.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:# Just posted a fresh blog about your PSPgos. Got 5,000 hits today... Oops

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shush. I'm waffling on if I wanna sell them due to how the seals look on the packages. The ones I grabbed may be going back unless I can get people who PM me about them to gimme permission to double check the contents to assure the system inside the box is 100% unused/new.

I don't feel like getting hammered for refunds if someone bought the system n returned it after trying it out and I doubt anyone buying them from me would agree to lose the money if their system isn't 100% new/sealed and not complain for a refund.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Well let me know.

I know a little off topic but the Canon SX30 IS is $214.97, regular price $449.99. Really nice camera. No more updates on the next markdowns yet. Also keep an an eye out on the PSP 3000. This will go on clearance soon.

Picked up Mass Effect PH sealed for $14. The PSP Gos had dropped, but apparently they were out. They actually had the old blister pack Nintendo Points, but they hadn't dropped a bit at this particular store. In my experience Google Shopping has never been wrong when it says something is "In Stock" (ME), but limited stock not so much (50-50 chance, like the PSP Go). You win some you lose some.

[quote name='ImperialPie']I know a little off topic but the Canon SX30 IS is $214.97, regular price $449.99. Really nice camera. No more updates on the next markdowns yet. Also keep an an eye out on the PSP 3000. This will go on clearance soon.[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with the other, but ironically I noticed my local Target's stock of PSP3000s multiplied. Just the other day I only saw 2 or 3 in their display case, but today it was jam packed. probably 10-20 easy.

[quote name='jedolley']This has nothing to do with the other, but ironically I noticed my local Target's stock of PSP3000s multiplied. Just the other day I only saw 2 or 3 in their display case, but today it was jam packed. probably 10-20 easy.[/QUOTE]

Oh dang! Well I only say that the PSPs will go on clearance because it's on "discontinued" status at my store.

Also I saw that one of the stores in Houston had a 360 slim HDD for $59.97. Cheapest I've seen so far.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Still have my new, unopened $4.99 Def Jam Rap star bundle from Best Buy's $4.99 frenzy. PS3
[/QUOTE]
I know, I missed out on that. By the time I got a break from work the deal is already gone. Works always gets in the way, including this morning on the profitable Norton deal. Seeing that the bundles take up 50% space of the clearance rack, I have faith it will go lower.

[quote name='ImperialPie']Oh dang! Well I only say that the PSPs will go on clearance because it's on "discontinued" status at my store.

Also I saw that one of the stores in Houston had a 360 slim HDD for $59.97. Cheapest I've seen so far.[/QUOTE]

Really hope PSPs go on clearance. Mine's been opened too many times for repairs. Now I have a small bar on the right side of the LCD, and the shoulder buttons barely work. It doesn't make it impossible to play, but it's annoying when I notice it.

[quote name='ImperialPie']I know a little off topic but the Canon SX30 IS is $214.97, regular price $449.99. Really nice camera. No more updates on the next markdowns yet. Also keep an an eye out on the PSP 3000. This will go on clearance soon.[/QUOTE]

The PSP 3000 is $104.9x at Sears. Seeing as how Sears will have tax and Amazon has it for $129.xx, I'm thinking it isn't too much of a deal.

This is the console I'm thinking of going to check on. I believe I saw 1 at a store that isn't showing up in Google and there is another store that it IS showing up as having stock.

I'm going to PM you a question.

I checked for a PSP Go today at one of my local Sears, and they didn't have any... I might go check another one, not sure if it's even worth the effort though.

Nothing gaming related or whatever. I couldn't find a PSPgo but oh well.

I thought I share this out.

Good potential flip ($40 - $60 on eBay) or basic backup phone for T-mobile users.

My sears had these prepaid phone below on clearance. I just did a quick Google Shopping for more and it appears all of my local Sears except for one (30 miles way) is OOS of them.

Samsung t239 $4.97 each
Samsung t369 $9.97 each

I ended up selling 5 t239 and 2 T369 to some guy on craigslist for $225 (extra Vegas money on 3/23).

One for me (T369) just in case my T-mobile phone is broken, stolen, or lost.

Note: They can be used as a regular phone, simply by putting in your SIM card with your t-mobile service.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I checked for a PSP Go today at one of my local Sears, and they didn't have any... I might go check another one, not sure if it's even worth the effort though.[/QUOTE]

I saw your location is in Mass, did you go to the Cambridge store? I was thinking about heading over there later and if it's already been checked it would save me a trip :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I saw your location is in Mass, did you go to the Cambridge store? I was thinking about heading over there later and if it's already been checked it would save me a trip :)[/QUOTE]

I know it wasn't addressed to me, but I actually work right near the Cambridge store and was going to swing by during lunch. I am extremely doubtful of finding anything though as I worked at Sears in high school, and their inventory system and stock management/location is extremely shitty.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I know it wasn't addressed to me, but I actually work right near the Cambridge store and was going to swing by during lunch. I am extremely doubtful of finding anything though as I worked at Sears in high school, and their inventory system and stock management/location is extremely shitty.[/QUOTE]

I purchased one from the galleria a week ago. If you check back a few pages, you'll see how shady they were. I'm guessing there are still a few left, but only if you can get someone to check for you.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I know it wasn't addressed to me, but I actually work right near the Cambridge store and was going to swing by during lunch. I am extremely doubtful of finding anything though as I worked at Sears in high school, and their inventory system and stock management/location is extremely shitty.[/QUOTE]

Wow Boston coming out of the woodwork, I was gonna check for my cousin (already got 1 white go) but if another CAG is gonna look I'll take the backseat.

That Sears is the worst, but I can't blame them...probably a lot of theft due to it being the 'downtown' location.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Wow Boston coming out of the woodwork, I was gonna check for my cousin (already got 1 white go) but if another CAG is gonna look I'll take the backseat.

That Sears is the worst, but I can't blame them...probably a lot of theft due to it being the 'downtown' location.[/QUOTE]

Save some time. I just left there. The employee was a jerk and they didn't have any left.

I tried Montgomery Mall, MD, yesterday with no luck. (Google showed limited stock.)

While there, I noticed a couple copies of Forza 4 in the clearance bin for $24.97, and at least one copy of the newest Professor Layton game for $19.97.

[quote name='Lemmiwinks531']Save some time. I just left there. The employee was a jerk and they didn't have any left.[/QUOTE]

At the Cambridge store? Bleh, ohhhh well. Thanks for the heads up.

There were some Hannah montana PSP's at the Niagara Falls, NY Sears for $129 the last time I checked, however I don't think anyone here wants one. If you do want one, they are the 3000 model, and I have no idea if they are still there or not.

STAY AWAY FROM MY HANNAH PSP! :)
The Sears in McKinley has three of them for $100. I want it for my girl, but don't want to spend more than $75. Here's to hoping they last that long.

Thanks to Google shopping, I located a white PSP go for $49.99 at a Sears location 40 miles away (Central CA) yesterday. I'm satisfied with the deal, but the system had to have been a return. The system itself had no plastic on it at all & the firmware was updated to 6.60 out of the box. Still satisfied with it either way. Now to get some accessories!

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Thanks to Google shopping, I located a white PSP go for $49.99 at a Sears location 40 miles away (Central CA) yesterday. I'm satisfied with the deal, but the system had to have been a return. The system itself had no plastic on it at all & the firmware was updated to 6.60 out of the box. Still satisfied with it either way. Now to get some accessories![/QUOTE]
or maybe it was a switch-a-roo ? Either way, congrats on finding one!

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Thanks to Google shopping, I located a white PSP go for $49.99 at a Sears location 40 miles away (Central CA) yesterday. I'm satisfied with the deal, but the system had to have been a return. The system itself had no plastic on it at all & the firmware was updated to 6.60 out of the box. Still satisfied with it either way. Now to get some accessories![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't wait too long, every retailer has been clearancing the PSP Go accessories for at least the past three months. Between Sears, Toys R Us, Target and Wal-Mart I think I have picked up every Go accessory available!

[quote name='postaboy']Nothing gaming related or whatever. I couldn't find a PSPgo but oh well.

I thought I share this out.

Good potential flip ($40 - $60 on eBay) or basic backup phone for T-mobile users.

My sears had these prepaid phone below on clearance. I just did a quick Google Shopping for more and it appears all of my local Sears except for one (30 miles way) is OOS of them.

Samsung t239 $4.97 each
Samsung t369 $9.97 each

I ended up selling 5 t239 and 2 T369 to some guy on craigslist for $225 (extra Vegas money on 3/23).

One for me (T369) just in case my T-mobile phone is broken, stolen, or lost.

Note: They can be used as a regular phone, simply by putting in your SIM card with your t-mobile service.[/QUOTE]

I WISH I could've found either of those at my Sears but they only have Verizon and Trac phones. So I went to Sears today originally to pricematch the Toysrus Skylander sale. Picked up a 360 and 3DS starter pack for like $32 each almost. The manager comes out and remembers me from August when I pricematched the Toysrus GH guitar bundles for a crazy discount. He asked if I was looking for a camera cuz he had some clearanced out back. It's the GE A1455 for FREAKIN $16.97! I got the 4 they had for me and my family. 14 megapixels, 5x optical zoom. Idk if it's only one color or all of them but they only had red. UPC is 810027015532. Let me organize that better:

GE A1455 Digital Camera $16.97 (Red. not sure if all colors clearanced or not. My store only had red)
14 megapixels 5x optical zoom
UPC 810027015532

Then while I was there and they wanted to help I asked about the PSP Go. They had three of those for $49.97! What a day! Sorry CAGers, these are all spoken for. If there are more at another Sears and I go I'll pick them up

So I've gathered from the posts here that google shoppings inventory is kind of touch and go and limited stock is just as likely to mean out of stock. But how about the pricing? I'm showing a sears near me limited stock but priced at $99

There is a sears here that I think is closing. Is it worthwhile to go to those early or do they do like most closeouts and mark everything up to a billion times MSRP and then start the markdowns from there?

[quote name='jedifrog21']

GE A1455 Digital Camera $16.97 (Red. not sure if all colors clearanced or not. My store only had red)
UPC 810027015532

[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely pick up an extra camera at that price. Is it worthwhile to call ahead or is that a HUGE no-no with sears?

WTF?

Very, very odd...

For the past few days, only the black PSPgo has been showing up saying 7 nearby stores used to have it.

Now, the white 1 is showing up(for the first time) as 9 stores had it and the black is showing up as 9 stores had it. The black 1 added 2 stores and the white 1 is just being listed.

Maybe they had too many calls about them...

[quote name='Romeo']I'd definitely pick up an extra camera at that price. Is it worthwhile to call ahead or is that a HUGE no-no with sears?[/QUOTE]
I already checked and it's showing OOS for all three of the local stores. Moreover, the prices listed on Google Shopping for it are $100 or only slightly under and nowhere near the $17 someone else got them for.

I see a PSP Sports Pack with Madden 12 showing up for $95.99... out of stock.

...and, unless they had stock elsewhere, I wiped those Wii 2000 points $8.97 cards out some days ago, but they are showing up.

Edit: Madden 12 & Need for Speed: Shift is in the bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DerClaw']There is a sears here that I think is closing. Is it worthwhile to go to those early or do they do like most closeouts and mark everything up to a billion times MSRP and then start the markdowns from there?[/QUOTE]
I have a Sears thats closing,their video games were 40% off even off clearance prices i believe,but i didnt see anything i couldnt live without or didnt have.Not sure if they'll drop more or when the store closes.

Stopped by my local sears tonight and got the last two wii points cards for 11.87 a piece. The guy told me that they are going to clearance out all of their game stuff in the next couple of months because they aren't going to sell games anymore. Not sure if that is just that location or nationwide.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Keeping an eye on this 250 gig 360 slim hdd. Currently at $64.97. Might bite if it hits $40 or less.[/QUOTE]

what about the fat HD's??? i saw a few for about $100 or so

[quote name='goodnight144']Stopped by my local sears tonight and got the last two wii points cards for 11.87 a piece. The guy told me that they are going to clearance out all of their game stuff in the next couple of months because they aren't going to sell games anymore. Not sure if that is just that location or nationwide.[/QUOTE]
Just going by the amount of stuff on ImperialPie's lists I would say that's not really too far fetched. I know some Sears stores already stopped selling games a while ago. But with the condition Sears Holding is in where they're doing more store closings and are back on the verge of disappearing completely again I wouldn't doubt that they want to eliminate all unprofitable stores and departments as quickly as possible.

[quote name='jedifrog21']I WISH I could've found either of those at my Sears but they only have Verizon and Trac phones. So I went to Sears today originally to pricematch the Toysrus Skylander sale. Picked up a 360 and 3DS starter pack for like $32 each almost. The manager comes out and remembers me from August when I pricematched the Toysrus GH guitar bundles for a crazy discount. He asked if I was looking for a camera cuz he had some clearanced out back. It's the GE A1455 for FREAKIN $16.97! I got the 4 they had for me and my family. 14 megapixels, 5x optical zoom. Idk if it's only one color or all of them but they only had red. UPC is 810027015532. Let me organize that better:

UPC 810027015532

Then while I was there and they wanted to help I asked about the PSP Go. They had three of those for $49.97! What a day! Sorry CAGers, these are all spoken for. If there are more at another Sears and I go I'll pick them up[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to update my adventure today. Went to two other Sears. No PSP Go Pearl Whites, sorry everyone, and that digital camera was nowhere to be found. Google shopping shows three other Sears that have them listed for $79.99 but are out of stock. No clue why my store had such a huge difference in price

Tried one store today near the outskirts of Boston. The guy vehemently denied that there was any stock at his location. I asked him if he could check the warehouse where I go for merchandise pickup. He chortled and said all his stock is out here. I gave him the number from my sears e-receipt for him to check stock. Again he said he had none... but punched in the number.

Sure enough, there were 2 in stock. He muttered something and then called one of the warehouse guys. They exchanged pleasantries and the guy asked if he had any psp go's in the warehouse. The guy on the other side replied almost immediately no... end of story, at that point he refused to help me any more. These guys sucked worse than the guys at the gallieria!! I just know that 6-9 months down the line, i'll see these psp's on the shelf somewhere marked on clearance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just going by the amount of stuff on ImperialPie's lists I would say that's not really too far fetched. I know some Sears stores already stopped selling games a while ago. But with the condition Sears Holding is in where they're doing more store closings and are back on the verge of disappearing completely again I wouldn't doubt that they want to eliminate all unprofitable stores and departments as quickly as possible.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to believe this too. However we did just get PS Vita stuff and a few new games in the last month. My guess is that they will offer fewer games but continue to sell more systems.

[quote name='ImperialPie']I'm starting to believe this too. However we did just get PS Vita stuff and a few new games in the last month. My guess is that they will offer fewer games but continue to sell more systems.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm guessing maybe they will scale it back to AAA titles only. I've never actually seen another human being buy a game when I've been in there!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Yeah I'm guessing maybe they will scale it back to AAA titles only. I've never actually seen another human being buy a game when I've been in there![/QUOTE]
The only other people I've seen buying games in Sears(or even Kmart) were other CAG's or the very occasional soccer mom who was gonna buy stuff at full MSRP. Very rare to see anyone outside of the employees and the rare tv/appliance shopper in electronics in Sears.

The only time I see people buying games at Sears is during the holiday season or if a new popular game was just released and everyone else is sold out so some people go to Sears probably after checking Gamestop and other stores.

bread's done
Back