Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I have about 6 sears stores within 40 mins or less from here...I should check out clearance at them sometime. I wonder if any of those will be closing?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So you're no longer nice? Or no longer a lands end sweater?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I guess this should be a separate thread, but I was just at Kmart and saw the following DS deals (best deals on games I was interested in, tagged and scanned at these prices):

Castlevania Tales of Ecclesia $12.99
Dragon Quest IV $12.99
Final Fantasy Echoes of Time $12.99
Art Academy $12.99
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble $4.99
Jake Hunter Detective Story Memories of the Past $9.99 (bundled with Homie Rollerz, haha, $9.99 for both)

Comparing the prices on the list IATCG posted to what I saw, I believe markdowns for DS have done this:
$14.99 --> $12.99
$12.99 --> $9.99
$7.99 --> $4.99

[quote name='Tonks']I guess this should be a separate thread, but I was just at Kmart and saw the following DS deals (best deals on games I was interested in, tagged and scanned at these prices):

Castlevania Tales of Ecclesia $12.99
Dragon Quest IV $12.99
Final Fantasy Echoes of Time $12.99
Art Academy $12.99
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble $4.99
Jake Hunter Detective Story Memories of the Past $9.99 (bundled with Homie Rollerz, haha, $9.99 for both)

Comparing the prices on the list IATCG posted to what I saw, I believe markdowns for DS have done this:
$14.99 --> $12.99
$12.99 --> $9.99
$7.99 --> $4.99[/QUOTE]

I don't have a DS but thanks for the info. Hopefully it'll help some CAGs

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's the older red Dual Shock 3's in the bigger plastic clamshell packaging that're on clearance. The ones in the newer packages are MSRP still as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

I should point out that some of this is true. I know the clamshell packaging for some of the other controllers are not on clearance. I need to go back and check which one I found wasn't. Also I'm very sorry for not replying to all who PM'd me about PSP Gos. Work on Thursday was terribly busy and I wasn't able to be on the computer very much. Tomorrow should be differen't hopefully. I did check the PCN network, and the first of April PCNs have been posted but no markdowns yet. There was a zero out marked down especially for that Canon camera I mentioned a few posts back. I don't believe it will zero since most managers will keep it on the table to sell for 30 days. I think that's how the policy goes but I'm still learning this process. Again I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

Got lucky and found a copy of WWE All-Stars on PS3 for $25 a few days ago (last copy); considering I haven't seen it below $38 on Amazon I snapped it up.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']fuckck YOUUUUUUUU Google shopping and fuckck YOUUUUUUUU Sears and/or your shady azz employees!!!!!!!!!!!

The store from the other day, which was said to have the Infamous 2 PS3 bundle for $179.xx and the PSP 3000 for $77.xx, was weird as hell, to me. It's in a plaza. It has another name on it ...Sears + something else. There's a sign on it saying it's closing and everything must go. Ummm... NOT if you have old ass games for $59.xx with 40% off and PSP 3000s for $129.xx.

The fact that I'd been watching that PSP 3000 in Google shopping for a while and the fact that it dropped from $129.xx to $77.xx, in Google shopping, gave me that extra push to drive almost an hour to that store in that creepy ass town.

I would like to thank the CAGs in the thrift store thread for mentioning games their! Stopped to a Goodwill and found a pink GBA. I'd been looking for a pink GBA SP, on eBay, for a while, but haven't seen a price I'd want to pay for 1 and some people seem to want to bid backwards for 1 of those old things, LMFAO! Wtf? This screen is dark as %&*+-!!! ... but, for $4.99, I may play it here and there, plus it will get me to Gamestop for those 75% off games. Weird. It was fate that I found it!... waiting there for help and spotted it in an old Easter basket under some stuffed animals.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately when stores end up doing those closing sales all bets are off when it comes to clearance items and what not. Everything is usually raised up to MSRP and then discounted from there.

[quote name='Blaster man']So were there really no clearance drops after that? That's almost half a year. I'm fairly sure the Kmart clearance happened on the third Sunday of the month which is why I was discussing this.[/QUOTE]

There were drops, but no one reported them.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']So whatever happened to Josh at Kmart? Did he get laid off or quit? Or did he just lose funding for gaming sales/coupons?[/QUOTE]

He didn't say. He told us he'd be back here as a regular poster but that hasn't happened (though he could be lurking). Presumably he was laid off given the timing was right when they started the reorganization (and store closings).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately when stores end up doing those closing sales all bets are off when it comes to clearance items and what not. Everything is usually raised up to MSRP and then discounted from there.[/QUOTE]

Just found it odd that they had JUST dropped the price from $104.xx to $77.xx in Google shopping, then I get there and they say they're $129.xx and 'could' take off 10%. :roll:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']then I get there and they say they're $129.xx and 'could' take off 10%. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Did the computer say this or did a human? If it was a human, that could be the issue.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Just found it odd that they had JUST dropped the price from $104.xx to $77.xx in Google shopping, then I get there and they say they're $129.xx and 'could' take off 10%. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Lol same thing happened to me a store closing like an hr away showed a 4gb Xbox console for 119.99 on Google shopping but when I get there he's like no its only 10% off MSRP I even had him scan it ...wasted gas on that trip sucks.. and they don't give u info over the phone cuz the store is closing they won't even tell you what's in stock lol

[quote name='Bezerker']Did the computer say this or did a human? If it was a human, that could be the issue.[/QUOTE]

The computer scanned at $129.xx, but the associate said they were told they 'could' take 10% off. Crazy how it was listed in google shopping for $104.xx at that store then dropped to $77.xx in Google shopping. That's someeeee 'everything must go' sale!

Oh well. I didn't get 1 for a reason. :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately when stores end up doing those closing sales all bets are off when it comes to clearance items and what not. Everything is usually raised up to MSRP and then discounted from there.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I ran across a closing Kmart and found a Little Big Planet combo pack that had been on clearance for $20 everywhere. It rang up at $42.
:roll: I did get Viewtiful Joe 2 on GC, Intellivision Lives! on PS2 for $2 each and Pixel Junk Monsters PSP for $6.

Do we even have a Kmart clearance thread anymore?

[quote name='Invicta 61']Yep. I ran across a closing Kmart and found a Little Big Planet combo pack that had been on clearance for $20 everywhere. It rang up at $42.
:roll: I did get Viewtiful Joe 2 on GC, Intellivision Lives! on PS2 for $2 each and Pixel Junk Monsters PSP for $6.

Do we even have a Kmart clearance thread anymore?[/QUOTE]
We haven't had a Kmart clearance thread for at least a year or two. That's why I cut/pasted the lists from the now closed KmartGamer thread, so someone would perhaps take the initiative and create one. Even better would be if the OP with the lists were wikified, so then people could go in and edit them when they found a lower price than what's listed.

The Wii and 360 cases were empty, I asked what happened and they said that they were closeout and were making room for new releases. And when i mean empty, I mean all games and systems were completely gone.

[quote name='ets']The Wii and 360 cases were empty, I asked what happened and they said that they were closeout and were making room for new releases. And when i mean empty, I mean all games and systems were completely gone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah about 6 months ago or so my sears was LOADED with games. Full cases, 2 racks front/back of 360 and ps3 games. ANOTHER bin full of wii games and another with just ds games.

So I Went to Sears and found these xbox 360 250GB hard drives.
(Anyone know how to post pics on CAG?)
The gaming department games look empty. The supervisor said that Sears is doing away video games, but may carry only a few popular stuff. The supervisor said that most stores that have limited stock may have only 1 or 2 left, but if they cant find it, then most likely it was stolen. He also said that Sears is about to RTV stuff. So Im thinking that those harddrives wont drop anymore.
Anyway, what is a fair consider amount to purchase a xbox 360 phat 250GB Hard drive and a xbox 360 250 GB slim? (Want 1 and to help some of CAG here that cant find it.)

Interesting that closing Sears are raising prices back to full price. I know that is normally the standard thing but when a kmart near me closed a few years ago they kept the clearance prices in the system, but the games didn't drop anymore when the price was lowered at other stores not counting the store closing discount. Same thing with Circuit City, the clearance games were not taken off clearance when the liquidation started.

well just wasted an hour and a half trying to get that pspgo; google shopping listed it as in stock but was nowhere to be found in the store and of course the employees have no way of checking inventory since they're still operating on some archaic system and their clusterfuck of a website proved to be pretty useless; managed to get the psmove gun controller for $3.97 and resistance 3 for $29.97 but could have just went to the sears that was 2 miles away rather than 20 miles away for those same two items

[quote name='The Punisher']So should I get the remaining xbox 360 250Gb hard drives????[/QUOTE]

If you mention the sale price, maybe we can let you know (unless I missed it somewhere).

[quote name='ets']The Wii and 360 cases were empty, I asked what happened and they said that they were closeout and were making room for new releases. And when i mean empty, I mean all games and systems were completely gone.[/QUOTE]

At mine they had "clearance" tags sticking out from just about every game in the normal game (non-clearance) area. Was crazy, not sure if they're getting ready to clear out the gaming section or what.

[quote name='joseraul']If you mention the sale price, maybe we can let you know (unless I missed it somewhere).[/QUOTE]

It's $79.97 Limited stock. Im kind of thankful for everyone here when I found deals like the Sears 4GB pro duo sticks that I got for$2.97 back then. I even traded someone here last year. I offered him the $2.97 each plus only add $5.00 to the total in exchange for Amazon credit as i dont know how money orders work. Here on CAG, i keep hearing people say why CAG cant sell it at that xxx price that everyone is listing + shipping. Does CAG make people super cheap? I understand that they want the price, but people need to factor prices are in different areas + time. I know the $79.97 will never hit lower because in my area i seen stuff once go limited stock, it may be gone or go back to RTV. (I notice some say on google shopping $119.97 OOS)
So if i get it to help someone here, Im willing to lose $10-$15 if someone can trade for something +Amazon credit.

[quote name='The Punisher']It's $79.97 Limited stock. Im kind of thankful for everyone here when I found deals like the Sears 4GB pro duo sticks that I got for$2.97 back then. I even traded someone here last year. I offered him the $2.97 each plus only add $5.00 to the total in exchange for Amazon credit as i dont know how money orders work. Here on CAG, i keep hearing people say why CAG cant sell it at that xxx price that everyone is listing + shipping. Does CAG make people super cheap? I understand that they want the price, but people need to factor prices are in different areas + time. I know the $79.97 will never hit lower because in my area i seen stuff once go limited stock, it may be gone or go back to RTV. (I notice some say on google shopping $119.97 OOS)
So if i get it to help someone here, Im willing to lose $10-$15 if someone can trade for something +Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]
if you have a gamestop around you they usually sell 120GB hard drives for about $25 when they have it on sale, i remember grabbing one for $20 but it was a sale for PUR members

[quote name='exaznkid']if you have a gamestop around you they usually sell 120GB hard drives for about $25 when they have it on sale, i remember grabbing one for $20 but it was a sale for PUR members[/QUOTE]

Already have a 120GB hard drive that im planning on giving to a friend.
I was planning on getting 1 250GB for myself and was wondering if I should get the others to help CAG that maybe interested. I just dont know what CAG here consider as "fair" price. Plus, was going to trade it here for some swag or something, but prefer Amazon credit over Cash because i dont know how money orders work and dont have paypal.

[quote name='JKSonic']At mine they had "clearance" tags sticking out from just about every game in the normal game (non-clearance) area. Was crazy, not sure if they're getting ready to clear out the gaming section or what.[/QUOTE]

Same at my store (which has been providing awesome clearance since 2009). About 90% of the video game stock was moved out into the aisle near the TVs as a gigantic clearance with only a few rows of Gears 3 and other newer stuff still on mostly empty shelves in the ex-gaming aisle.

Sad to see it go as Sears (minus the year of SHC taking over CAG) has always been the most reliable (and relatively unknown until this White PSPGo fiasco) place for clearance games. This thread used to only be bumped once a month from the people in the loop, and now it has been on page 1 every hour of every day.

[quote name='The Punisher']It's $79.97 Limited stock.[/QUOTE]there was a deal on buy.com 320gb for $79.99 after coupon (coupon was $15 off $75+ items).

My clearance in Plantation FL was labeled "CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING IN THIS BIN 20-40% OFF ORIGINAL PRICE" aka everything was 29.99. They even had MLB 10 The Show for $40 still.

[quote name='The Punisher']Alright. So I got the xbox 360 hard drives. Anyone looking for one PM me. I will work something out. (Interested in amazon credit/trades)[/QUOTE]

I'm all set for now but I'll keep you in mind, thanks

[quote name='The Punisher']It's $79.97 Limited stock. Im kind of thankful for everyone here when I found deals like the Sears 4GB pro duo sticks that I got for$2.97 back then. I even traded someone here last year. I offered him the $2.97 each plus only add $5.00 to the total in exchange for Amazon credit as i dont know how money orders work. Here on CAG, i keep hearing people say why CAG cant sell it at that xxx price that everyone is listing + shipping. Does CAG make people super cheap? I understand that they want the price, but people need to factor prices are in different areas + time. I know the $79.97 will never hit lower because in my area i seen stuff once go limited stock, it may be gone or go back to RTV. (I notice some say on google shopping $119.97 OOS)
So if i get it to help someone here, Im willing to lose $10-$15 if someone can trade for something +Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]
But that's the thing, some folks on here just want stuff for redonkulous prices(I myself have been guilty of that at times) and they don't wanna hear what you paid, what the current going rate for it is here or there or whatever. They just want it for what they want it for, which usually turns out to be (insert list of 3 shovelware games) in exchange for an in demand item that no one can find.

I understand everybody on here is out to try and get the best deal they can, but sometimes it's just insulting. That's why my prices are my prices and if you like em then great. If not, then oh well.

As for money orders, people CAN get them at somplace like Wally World(Western Union), but I myself prefer US Postal Service ones due to the security features in them. Not to mention they can verify it's 100% legit as I'm cashing it to pay for shipping the item people paid me for versus with WU MO's you usually have to cash em or plop em in your checking account n hope they don't bounce higher than the Empire State Building since they're the most counterfeited type of MO out there.

Good luck either way. It is nice to see someone willing to give back in this way to the CAG community.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But that's the thing, some folks on here just want stuff for redonkulous prices(I myself have been guilty of that at times) and they don't wanna hear what you paid, what the current going rate for it is here or there or whatever. They just want it for what they want it for, which usually turns out to be (insert list of 3 shovelware games) in exchange for an in demand item that no one can find.

I understand everybody on here is out to try and get the best deal they can, but sometimes it's just insulting. That's why my prices are my prices and if you like em then great. If not, then oh well.

As for money orders, people CAN get them at somplace like Wally World(Western Union), but I myself prefer US Postal Service ones due to the security features in them. Not to mention they can verify it's 100% legit as I'm cashing it to pay for shipping the item people paid me for versus with WU MO's you usually have to cash em or plop em in your checking account n hope they don't bounce higher than the Empire State Building since they're the most counterfeited type of MO out there.

Good luck either way. It is nice to see someone willing to give back in this way to the CAG community.[/QUOTE]

I understand everyone wants the best deal or "Well Sears has blank on clearance for xxx, but they are stating what google shopping shows them while others in other states report a higher amount. Then CAG here want it at that lowest price that was report. I was trying to break even on take a small lost as long as i got something else to make up for the lost.
Here is what I was thinking:
$60+cost of shipping +maybe 1 swag (could be a poster,keychain,old game,etc)
I prefer Amazon credit because its fast and I shop there a lot. Amazon credit is not the same as cash anyway. As the old saying goes Cash is king.

So I finally said fuck it to the pspgo at sears and bought a psp 1001 for $20 from someone on craigslist. The guy was stranded at walmart with no money for gas to get home or food.

It was pretty funny cause he had texted me the night before that someone had offered more than I did for it. So yesterday he texted me several times literally begging me to come buy it.

On that note my sears has a copy of birth by sleep that I'll be picking up soon.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']So I finally said fuck it to the pspgo at sears and bought a psp 1001 for $20 from someone on craigslist. The guy was stranded at walmart with no money for gas to get home or food.

It was pretty funny cause he had texted me the night before that someone had offered more than I did for it. So yesterday he texted me several times literally begging me to come buy it.

On that note my sears has a copy of birth by sleep that I'll be picking up soon.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Its old and phat, but u can do many great things with it.

Forgot to mention... Haven't seen the movie, but got Wall-E(ps3) for $4.47.

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice. Its old and phat, but u can do many great things with it.[/QUOTE]

1 question. Can it play everything a PSP 3000 can?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Forgot to mention... Haven't seen the movie, but got Wall-E(ps3) for $4.47.

1 question. Can it play everything a PSP 3000 can?[/QUOTE]
Yes. PSP Model is not a pre-requisite for PSP games.

Not sure if these are YMMV or if they were clearance a while ago and my store still has some... But they have a few DS Lite's for $50

Huh, checking out google shopping it says there's 1 in stock, a cobalt/black one. However all the other colors in stock are still $100. Not sure if it's a mistake or what. For $50 though damn might have to head over even just to resell it! Cheapest used cobalt one on Amazon is still $62 and cheapest new is $118.

There's a store near me with 1 PSP. It's been there for a while. In plain sight. Laughing at me. :cry:

Not too pressed about the Go. Would have sold any GOs I found. I'm more interested in the 3000.

Yeah even though the one I have is a 1001 model and it is a bit scratched up it still functions great for $20. I'll eventually buy a new pristine scratch enclosure for it from deal extreme sometime.

My sears also has a psp starter kit on clearance with a november of 2011 sticker on it... might need to check the price next time I stop by there.

bread's done
Back