Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='ImperialPie']No PSP Gos or PSP 3000 cores. I'll post the small list tomorrow. Wii wireless sensor bar, the new PS3 remote with the channel, volume and netflix buttons (very very unusual), PS3 chatpad, PS3 eyetoy, and the ps3 move bundle with one game are all on clearance. The PS3 bundle with two games isn't. There is more but I thought those were important drops.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the update

[quote name='strait edge follower']I read a few weeks ago that Sears might stop selling games. Is this true ?[/QUOTE]

Half the game section is on "clearance" at my Sears... although the prices are far from clearance at this point. I honestly wouldn't mind getting some good deals on true clearancing out though, I don't shop there enough for games to miss it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I read a few weeks ago that Sears might stop selling games. Is this true ?[/QUOTE]

I've been to a couple of stores lately where the game cases have been nearly emptied other than a handfull of the newest titles. The rest were put into a wire bin and marked to $29.99 or less. I'd say it looks as if this might be true in some stores. I'll definitely keep my eye out for some liquidation prices.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Dang. Had my hopes up. I think you meant this one, as it'd be closer to 50% off.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSh...-3-0-Inch/dp/B003ZSHNG8/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header[/QUOTE]

Nope it was the Canon SX30IS. It was $214.97 before my manager marked it down further. I was able to find the battery, charger, lens cap, strap, and usb cord today after scrummaging in our back room. The camera only has very tiny scruffs around near the lens. Works fine though.

I picked up a new copy of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle for $2.97 today. The shrink wrap looked like hell, covered in some nasty stuff, but it wasn't ripped, and it won't matter, since it's coming off anyway.

btw, does anybody know if I can buy something at one Sears and get the same thing for the same price at another by showing them the receipt? Because the prices are YMMV.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']I picked up a new copy of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle for $2.97 today. The shrink wrap looked like hell, covered in some nasty stuff, but it wasn't ripped, and it won't matter, since it's coming off anyway.

btw, does anybody know if I can buy something at one Sears and get the same thing for the same price at another by showing them the receipt? Because the prices are YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about this but I can look into this for you. I believe you are trying to price match between stores. I'll ask my manager if it is possible tomorrow.

[quote name='ImperialPie']I'm not sure about this but I can look into this for you. I believe you are trying to price match between stores. I'll ask my manager if it is possible tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I've been to a couple of stores lately where the game cases have been nearly emptied other than a handfull of the newest titles. The rest were put into a wire bin and marked to $29.99 or less. I'd say it looks as if this might be true in some stores. I'll definitely keep my eye out for some liquidation prices.[/QUOTE]

My local Sears already has.

After many failed trips to my closing store (or moving as they put it) I finally found a pearl white pap go..... at Shopko.......at $37.xx!!!!!

Gonna go next week and see if they dropped their stock more than 20% or see if anything is left. Is nuts what people buy just because it has a clearance sticker it

Sonofabitch. The frickin' idiots at the next closest Sears still have not processed the $52.97 refund transaction to my credit card that I did on Wednesday.:bomb: My bill is due 4/1.:roll: So I guess I'm gonna have to pay it and then get a refund check from the cc company.

Why the fuck does it take seven days for a cc refund from Sears? This is ridiculous.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sonofabitch. The frickin' idiots at the next closest Sears still have not processed the $52.97 refund transaction to my credit card that I did on Wednesday.:bomb: My bill is due 4/1.:roll: So I guess I'm gonna have to pay it and then get a refund check from the cc company.

Why the fuck does it take seven days for a cc refund from Sears? This is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

When that sort of thing happens to me, I don't usually get a check from them, it usually just shows up as a credit the following month. Just buy some groceries with it or something.

Have you been to Kmart this month? I've been hoping someone would go and see if they had a real price drop too.

[quote name='shadowkast']After many failed trips to my closing store (or moving as they put it) I finally found a pearl white pap go..... at Shopko.......at $37.xx!!!!!

Gonna go next week and see if they dropped their stock more than 20% or see if anything is left. Is nuts what people buy just because it has a clearance sticker it[/QUOTE]

May I ask where this shopko was?

[quote name='Blaster man']When that sort of thing happens to me, I don't usually get a check from them, it usually just shows up as a credit the following month. Just buy some groceries with it or something.

Have you been to Kmart this month? I've been hoping someone would go and see if they had a real price drop too.[/QUOTE]
I ended up getting a credit the last time I had paid my cc bill and then ended up returning something I bought with it after the payment had posted. I just find it funny that the pre-paid Visa cards I have from converting BB gaming credit have been refunded almost instantly, yet a regular cc I have has the process take this fuckin' long.

Funny thing is the last time I got a credit from the card company I spent all but $.29 of it and they sent me a check for that in the mail.:lol: So I guess after a month of the credit sitting there they DO send you it back in cash(or in this case a check).:lol: It probably cost them more to mail the damn thing than it was worth.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just find it funny that the pre-paid Visa cards I have from converting BB gaming credit have been refunded almost instantly, yet a regular cc I have has the process take this fuckin' long.[/QUOTE]
That's because a prepaid Visa acts as a debit card, which is inherently faster because it doesn't take nearly as many steps (as I'm sure you know, it's almost the same as cash). The refund process for a credit card is unnecessarily complicated and requires new transactions due to more companies being involved, which is why it usually takes about a week. Some cards can take up to a month. It all depends on the card and its issuer, the billing department, and the lending bank. And if you request a refund near the end of your billing cycle, that will usually cause a delay because they might decide to not post the credit until the next cycle.

Sears did their part by sending the refund request; it's out of their hands now. If I were you, I would call the credit card company to inquire about the status of the refund. It's possible that the refund will post on the 1st and you can just throw the bill out. You will of course want to confirm this with them because they might do things differently or I might not be completely accurate.

[quote name='ZombieToast']That's because a prepaid Visa acts as a debit card, which is inherently faster because it doesn't take nearly as many steps (as I'm sure you know, it's almost the same as cash). The refund process for a credit card is unnecessarily complicated and requires new transactions due to more companies being involved, which is why it usually takes about a week. Some cards can take up to a month. It all depends on the card and its issuer, the billing department, and the lending bank. And if you request a refund near the end of your billing cycle, that will usually cause a delay because they might decide to not post the credit until the next cycle.

Sears did their part by sending the refund request; it's out of their hands now. If I were you, I would call the credit card company to inquire about the status of the refund. It's possible that the refund will post on the 1st and you can just throw the bill out. You will of course want to confirm this with them because they might do things differently or I might not be completely accurate.[/QUOTE]
The refund was showing up as a pending transaction just a bit earlier finally, but it hasn't posted to the account as of yet. Since it's the weekend I doubt it will post till Monday, yet my bill is due on Sunday(1st). I just don't wanna be stuck paying $100+ and then having to wait for a refund check from the cc company the next month.

Picked up Infamous 2 for $25 earlier today. They also had

:ps3:Darksiders $15
:3ds:Professor Layton/Last Specter $20

Gonna have to go back to check for DS Lite, as I've been looking for one anyway.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Anyone try pming b2g1 at sears to get clearance games even cheaper?[/QUOTE]

They only match something with a definite price, they won't do those types of deal matching

One of the sears in SoCal is closing In a few days, in the chaotic last few days, Dark Sector is still in a plastic case for 25 bucks. Good luck on selling that. I just grabbed a Samsonite suitcase for 60% off.

[quote name='TooPoor']One of the sears in SoCal is closing In a few days, in the chaotic last few days, Dark Sector is still in a plastic case for 25 bucks. Good luck on selling that. I just grabbed a Samsonite suitcase for 60% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a good experience in that Sears. Half the staff doesn't even pretend to care about helping you. Given up on finding anything good there until the day before closing. Manager's really trying to squeeze out whatever margin he still can I guess.

[quote name='ImperialPie']Also that Canon SX30 IS got marked down to 75 bucks.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-SX30IS-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B0041RSPR8

I picked it up as soon as I could. Associates have to wait a day after it is marked down. I got really lucky!!

The reason it got marked down so fast was because it went to VOM meaning it was going to be zeroed out but the managers have the option of reducing the price I think up to 50 percent. It was a floor model but it just didn't have the cap to cover the flash mount, the battery, the charger, strap, cords and manual. Those can be replaced.[/QUOTE]

This would have been a hell of a money maker!!!!!!!!!!! Sells for $320+ on eBay. Even Amazon gives a $140 gift card for it.

The 1 store that is supposed to have stock, according to Google, doesn't.

If any of you go looking for it, be sure to WRITE DOWN the model number. It's SX30 NOT>> SX130.

How often do prices drop?

I have a $20 gift card but the nearby store is closing down and is picked clean, so I went to an out of the way Sears last weekend. If I remember correctly, I saw Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for $25 but that still seems kind of steep.

Is this thread for the Kmart clearances too, because I can't find a Kmart clearance thread and I just got some of the best deals ever at my Kmart.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Is this thread for the Kmart clearances too, because I can't find a Kmart clearance thread and I just got some of the best deals ever at my Kmart.[/QUOTE]

There is no Kmart clearance thread anymore. What did you find?

Ran into a few goodies at a local Sears:

2 x Nintendo DS Lite Cobalt Blue $49.97
1 x PSPGo Black $ 99.97
4 x Nintendo Wii 2000 Point Cards $8.97
1 x Punch Out Wii $12.97

Here's hoping they will drop a little bit more for next week's monthly drop.

Good for you. Thanks for giving us the play by play on your credit card bills;)[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sweet. The refund from Sears finally hit my credit card. So now I just owe the $50 something from my dog's grooming bill at PetSmart n I'm paid up for the month.;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Civickid96']Ran into a few goodies at a local Sears:

1 x PSPGo Black $ 99.97
1 x Punch Out Wii $12.97

Here's hoping they will drop a little bit more for next week's monthly drop.[/QUOTE]

Good deals on the DS Lites. I looked everywhere when Radio Shack clearanced theirs last year for $69, but had to settle for a burgundy red one (wanted the blue).

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']This would have been a hell of a money maker!!!!!!!!!!! Sells for $320+ on eBay. Even Amazon gives a $140 gift card for it.

The 1 store that is supposed to have stock, according to Google, doesn't.

If any of you go looking for it, be sure to WRITE DOWN the model number. It's SX30 NOT>> SX130.[/QUOTE]

Both models are on clearance:

SX30 - $214.97 (near me)
SX130 - $99.97 (near me)

[quote name='shoe478']Thanks, we were all wondering what happened with that.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shadowkast']Good for you. Thanks for giving us the play by play on your credit card bills;)[/QUOTE]
You're quite welcome. I'm just glad I could share.;):booty:

[quote name='shieryda']Both models are on clearance:

SX30 - $214.97 (near me)
SX130 - $99.97 (near me)[/QUOTE]

WOW! Well, you should go see if the SX30 has gone to the $75 price at your store! I would snatch them up!!!!!!!!

$300+ eBay
$140.00 Amazon credit

If I found (or 100) and sold it(them) on eBay.... they would have to have a confirmed PayPal address, signature confirmation, it would be insured, and no returns accepted.

SX30!

Kmart clearances I found in Visalia, CA:

:360: Rock Band 3 game & keyboard bundle $27 (that's the cheapest I've seen this bundle or a keyboard by itself)
:360: 250GB hard drive for original style systems $100

:ps3: Official wireless keypad $30
:ps3: PS Eye camera $25
:ps3: Bluray Remote, first version without volume controls $15

:ps2: Buzz Junior & 4 Buzz remotes bundle $13

The only notable game in the clearance bin at Sears was :pc: Portal 2 for $20. Also, there were a bunch of games for $30. SOCOM 4, Crysis 2, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution were the only ones I remembered.

A lone black PSPGo was in the glass case but I couldn't check the price.

There was also this sign:
695Xd.jpg

:headache:

Both stores' shelves were barren! :cold: 5 to 10 games for each system, each game with 1 to 3 copies each.

[quote name='LouieT']Kmart clearances I found in Visalia, CA:

:360: Rock Band 3 game & keyboard bundle $27 (that's the cheapest I've seen this bundle or a keyboard by itself)

The only notable game in the clearance bin at Sears was :pc: Portal 2 for $20. Also, there were a bunch of games for $30. SOCOM 4, Crysis 2, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution were the only ones I remembered.

695Xd.jpg

Both stores' shelves were barren! :cold: 5 to 10 games for each system, each game with 1 to 3 copies each.[/QUOTE]

You should head out to the Kmart in Tulare as they have a lot of clearance games in the dump bin near the registers. I wound up in your neck of woods a few weeks ago as I bought the White PSPgo for $50 from the Visalia Sears (it was worth the drive...)

[quote name='LouieT']Kmart clearances I found in Visalia, CA:

695Xd.jpg

Both stores' shelves were barren! :cold: 5 to 10 games for each system, each game with 1 to 3 copies each.[/QUOTE]

We have similar clearance here, but there is a remote by Nyko that comes with a keypad for the PS3 for 24.99. I assume it sucks so I didn't buy it. The keypad was also 29.99 here as well as the 250Gb hard drive you mentioned. I can't believe sony charged $50 for the keyboard originally. The remote is 8.97 at Sears, so you can get them cheaper there. I don't think its worth paying $25 to get a remote that has volume control on it when the original is so much cheaper. Funny how Kmart and Sears are the same store but prices are different at each. There are a ton of games that have clearance stickers at local Kmart's that I haven't bothered to scan, most are not good games, and are worth less on ebay than the clearance price.

Kmart has also had 50% off Toy clearance the past 2 weeks, but mostly everything seems cleaned out over here. I did find a mindflex board game hidden behind some stuff on the top shelves (original price 79.99) marked 7.99 and 50% off that would make it $4 which is a crazy price for such an expensive item. However the game was clearly opened and not all the parts were there, so I did not bite.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Bump for April drops on Friday. Does Imperial Pie or anyone else have advance word or is just get in there and scan?[/QUOTE]

It's nice that he posted the list last month but I ended up finding out the PSP Go price from Google Shopping on the Saturday after the drops.

Today the new price drops came in. I will post them tonight. I don't have much though. Oh and the $75 Canon SX30IS is YMMV. It depends on how much the manager is going to mark it down. You can look up marked down VOMs/991s on the Sears Outlet website. You just need to find the your store that might have it and look under electronics then cameras. I'm not sure but it may not come up on google shopper because physical marked down items are not under the normal stock system (it will say zero in stock). Marked down items are under a different system (991 system). If walk into a store a 991/marked down item sticker should look like this:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...23533674708_38713389_39788899_581530227_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Civickid96
Ran into a few goodies at a local Sears:

1 x PSPGo Black $ 99.97
1 x Punch Out Wii $12.97

Here's hoping they will drop a little bit more for next week's monthly drop.

remember thos wii points should work on ds and 3ds systems as well...

loved to find a ds lite for 50.. might hit one up tomorrow morning

[quote name='slidecage']remember thos wii points should work on ds and 3ds systems as well...[/QUOTE]

The point cards work with DSs, but not 3DSs. I tried it about two months ago on my 3DS and it wouldn't take.

bread's done
Back