Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

So I drove out to the sears here that had a good selection of stuff last month when I went to go get the Wii points cards (south hills pittsburgh) this afternoon just to see what was left and if there were any new markdowns. Well it was an interesting experience to say the least. First, all the clearance stickers said "March" on them still. Wouldn't they say "April" if this months price drop had taken effect and the employees had reduced anything today?

Second (my favorite part of the afternoon BY FAR) was that I found a copy of Silent Hill Homecoming for 360 @14.97 and since I drove out that way I figured I might as well get something while I was there. So I went to ask a guy who was helping a woman with a washer, and after 5 minutes of waiting another employee shows up (ignoring me in the process). I ask him after a minute if he could help me by getting a game out of the case. He says he doesn't have the key, ask the other gentleman if he has one (which he also replied no) and looks me dead in the saying "you know what you should just come back in like a half hour then maybe someone can help you. But if I was you, unless it is some crazy cheap clearance price, if I was you I would just go over to Gamestop and get it." I about laughed out loud at how crazy that was, to actively talk a customer out of giving your store money. That's amazing customer service for sure!

The sad thing is, as much as I hate Gamestop, I actually did walk down (just to price check) and it was more expensive used than it was new at sears.

[quote name='MasaTFC']So I drove out to the sears here that had a good selection of stuff last month when I went to go get the Wii points cards (south hills pittsburgh) this afternoon just to see what was left and if there were any new markdowns. Well it was an interesting experience to say the least. First, all the clearance stickers said "March" on them still. Wouldn't they say "April" if this months price drop had taken effect and the employees had reduced anything today?

Second (my favorite part of the afternoon BY FAR) was that I found a copy of Silent Hill Homecoming for 360 @14.97 and since I drove out that way I figured I might as well get something while I was there. So I went to ask a guy who was helping a woman with a washer, and after 5 minutes of waiting another employee shows up (ignoring me in the process). I ask him after a minute if he could help me by getting a game out of the case. He says he doesn't have the key, ask the other gentleman if he has one (which he also replied no) and looks me dead in the saying "you know what you should just come back in like a half hour then maybe someone can help you. But if I was you, unless it is some crazy cheap clearance price, if I was you I would just go over to Gamestop and get it." I about laughed out loud at how crazy that was, to actively talk a customer out of giving your store money. That's amazing customer service for sure!

The sad thing is, as much as I hate Gamestop, I actually did walk down (just to price check) and it was more expensive used than it was new at sears.[/QUOTE]

You should have told the manager. And, you should find a customer care number for them. They should give you a gift card.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You should have told the manager. And, you should find a customer care number for them. They should give you a gift card.[/QUOTE]
Not_Sure_If_Serious.jpg

[quote name='MasaTFC']So I drove out to the sears here that had a good selection of stuff last month when I went to go get the Wii points cards (south hills pittsburgh) this afternoon just to see what was left and if there were any new markdowns. Well it was an interesting experience to say the least. First, all the clearance stickers said "March" on them still. Wouldn't they say "April" if this months price drop had taken effect and the employees had reduced anything today?

The sad thing is, as much as I hate Gamestop, I actually did walk down (just to price check) and it was more expensive used than it was new at sears.[/QUOTE]
New price drops don't happen until Friday. You're early.

Sorry it was so late. I long workout. Anyways I gave y'all the item numbers this time. It should make it easier to check prices at your store. Go up to the sales person and give them the item number to check. You will need the division number. Division number for games is 58. They will ask for it for ex: 58/91077.

Xbox 360 :360:

91077 250 GB Xbox 360 Elite Console - 289.97
32246 NHL 11 - 19.97
33666 Tony Hawk Shred - 34.97

3DS :3ds:

39301 3DS Car Charger - 7.97
39362 3DS Clean & Protect Kit - 7.97
41388 3DS Power Case - 24.97

DS :ds:

93046 DSi XL Burgundy - 159.97
02762 America's Test Kitchen - 14.97
02762 Warioware DIY - 24.97
03703 Golden Sun Dark Dawn - 19.97
31890 Picross 3D - 14.97
32414 Dragon Quest IX - 24.97
38590 Minute to Win It - 19.97
90284 Pokemon Platinum Version - 24.97
90953 Zelda Spirit Tracks - 24.97
41583 Disney Case Universal - 9.97
93011 DS Mini Transport Case - 11.97

Wii :wii:

01789 Birthday Party Bash - 9.97
02351 Go Play City Sports - 14.97
03364 Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock - 37.97
03562 Who Wants to be a Millionaire - 14.97
03904 Rabbids Party Collection - 19.97
35799 Wii Party - 24.97
37080 Pokepark Pikachus Adventure - 24.97
92840 Wii Wheel - 11.97
92973 Wii Ultra Wireless Sensor Bar - 14.97
92993 Wii Classic Controller Pro White - 14.97

PS3 :ps3:

41175 PS3 Blu-Ray Disc Remote - 19.97 (this is the new remote with the Netflix button)
96406 PS3 Wireless Keypad - 39.97
96896 PS3 Move Bundle - 89.97 (this bundle comes with one game, it is not the bundle with two games, here's a picture of it: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4793934780_4203c148a0.jpg
02715 MLB 10 The Show - 29.97
32245 NHL 11 - 19.97

PSP :psp:

27153 MLB 10 The Show - 19.97

Misc Accessories

39245 10 FT HDMI Flat Cable - 24.97

Here's a special treat for all you camera folk. Division number is 3.

56055 Sony CX 110 HD Camcorder - 198.97
53299 Kodiak ZX3 Camcorder - 53.97
53394 Canon ELPH 100 HS Grey - 95.97
53395 Canon ELPH 300 HS Black - 122.97
52942 Sony DSC-W 560 - 87.97
53574 Samsung SH-100 - 84.97
54084 Panisonic DMC-FH25K - 67.97

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. None of those cameras are anywhere near those prices by me.:roll: I really hate that Sears is YMMV on clearance anymore to some extent.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's the worst part.

A kind friend of mine was blowing a Sears gift card and thought of me when he saw a 250GB Hard Drive for SLIM MODELS @ $59.xx

w00t.... this paired with the 360 I bought during Walmart's BF deal = what a steal.

Thank you CAG ;-)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo cards, that someone recommended to me, are on sale for $7.xx 2gb, $12.xx 4gb.[/QUOTE]

Sandisk Pro Duo card 2GB $ .97 and 4GB $1.97 if you can find some.

[quote name='Blaster man']New price drops don't happen until Friday. You're early.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Thats what I figured(the being early part). Maybe should stop by again today...

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Entire gaming section on clearance at my Sears. No amazing prices yet... the lowest I saw was Resistance 2 for $7.xx.[/QUOTE]

Same here (Maryland). Only newer stuff was untouched. Saw Mass Effect 2 PS3 for $14.xx, the rest were too high for me.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Entire gaming section on clearance at my Sears. No amazing prices yet... the lowest I saw was Resistance 2 for $7.xx.[/QUOTE]

Mine was like that last month. Most things were maybe 25-30% off. Some were half off (like MLB The Show 11) but were still not as cheap as other store MSRPs.

But MW3, ME3 and a few other new ones were untouched.

[quote name='postaboy']Sandisk Pro Duo card 2GB $ .97 and 4GB $1.97 if you can find some.[/QUOTE]

I would have stocked up on those. Hmmm... I will check Google.

Thanks!:)

[quote name='ImperialPie']Yeah that's the worst part.[/QUOTE]
Thing is, clearance wasn't YMMV until 2-3 years ago when.....uhhh things changed we'll say and leave it at that.:booty:;)

Anyone else have a Sears where nearly everything is on clearance? Pretty much any game that wasn't released within the last two months is on the clearance train.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, clearance wasn't YMMV until 2-3 years ago when.....uhhh things changed we'll say and leave it at that.:booty:;)[/QUOTE]

Not that you hold a grudge or anything IATCG. ;)

Hmm...missed out on the PSPgo in my area. Maybe I'll get a DSi XL.

Is the DSi XL pixels as bad as people claim?

I want a screen bigger than the DS lite. Wondering if I should just put that money towards a 3DS?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm...missed out on the PSPgo in my area. Maybe I'll get a DSi XL.

I want a screen bigger than the DS lite. Wondering if I should just put that money towards a 3DS?[/QUOTE]

IMO there's no point in spending that much (even the $15x.xx clearance price) on a DSi XL. Either get a $50 Cobalt DS Lite and save over $100 or spend a tad more and get the 3DS.

vita
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm...missed out on the PSPgo in my area. Maybe I'll get a DSi XL.

I want a screen bigger than the DS lite. Wondering if I should just put that money towards a 3DS?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='orion1998_1']vita[/QUOTE]
But not everybody wants to spend $200+ on a handheld game system. That's why I bought the PSPGo's for $50 cuz they were 75% off MSRP. At most that's all I'd EVER pay for a handheld system, since if I paid much more for it it better practically get up on my table n dance at that price.:razz:

I'm not a big fan of handhelds, but I checked out a display Vita at BB and it was pretty fuckin' sweet. If I traveled more I would grab one despite the price.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I stopped by my store at about 2PM today, still nothing but March stickers everywhere. Might check later tonight or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I've often seen games with last month's stickers, but they have the new, lowered price in the system. They probably just haven't gotten around to changing them yet.

Anyone know if google-shopping prices have been updated yet? The 4 items I'm following haven't changed and I'm hoping its a matter of a lack of website update rather than their prices staying the same.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone know if google-shopping prices have been updated yet? The 4 items I'm following haven't changed and I'm hoping its a matter of a lack of website update rather than their prices staying the same.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it. Last month it didn't update until after the store opened. I think it updated somewhere between 10 and 12.

Missed out on the GO? That's probably because cheapest gamer probably drove around every state on the east coast to buy the stock from every Sears.

Never used an XL, I still have an original DS phat to date. I did buy a few PSPs though, launch day 1000, Assassin's Creed LE 3000, and now a Vita.

Not fond of the 3DS at all, I passed.

Or maybe Google shopping updated the Sunday after the price drop? I really don't remember but I THOUGHT the update happened on the Saturday. Either way, I'm not going to Sears until I know there's some good prices for stuff I want.

[quote name='Romeo']Missed out on the GO? That's probably because cheapest gamer probably drove around every state on the east coast to buy the stock from every Sears.

Never used an XL, I still have an original DS phat to date. I did buy a few PSPs though, launch day 1000, Assassin's Creed LE 3000, and now a Vita.

Not fond of the 3DS at all, I passed.[/QUOTE]
Yep. That's right. I went all over the Tri-State area buying up as many as I could just to deny anyone else from getting them. You got me.:roll:

It hasn't updated on google shopping but the Sony alpha nex3 dslr dropped to 187.97 today (at my closest store). Got the last one and I couldn't be happier. :)

I had a XL a while back. Everything is a little more pixelated because of the larger screens. However I found the size of handheld to be more comfortable than both the Lite and DSi. I'd pick up another XL in a heartbeat if I could find one cheap, but the normal price right now is just far too much for a 'last-gen' handheld.

[quote name='Romeo']Missed out on the GO? That's probably because cheapest gamer probably drove around every state on the east coast to buy the stock from every Sears.[/QUOTE]Someone's pretty butt hurt. How old are you?

[quote name='Romeo']Never used an XL, I still have an original DS phat to date. I did buy a few PSPs though, launch day 1000, Assassin's Creed LE 3000, and now a Vita.

Not fond of the 3DS at all, I passed.[/QUOTE]And the bulk of this part was relative to the question how? Sounds like you're turning into IATCG with your journal posts. There's a blog section for that, you know. :lol:

As to the person that asked a question, I've seen the DSi XL and it's a welcomed addition if you have larger hands. I have a DS Lite and don't use it because I get cramps because it isn't comfortable to hold, and use, at all. I'd recommend it over the 3DS and I didn't have a problem with the screen. It's not as great as a Vita screen but that's apples to oranges.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']It hasn't updated on google shopping but the Sony alpha nex3 dslr dropped to 187.97 today (at my closest store). Got the last one and I couldn't be happier. :)[/QUOTE]

I have a couple of Google shopping pages up that I refresh now and then to see if the price of one of the products changes. Nothing yet.

Google shopping update is out. Some decent prices but nothing I want is low enough to get me off my ass and over to Sears.

Xbox 360:
Dragon Age 2 is 17.97.
Gears of War 2 GOTY Edition - 16.97
Bioshock 2 - 12.97
Toy Story 3 - 14.97
Fallout NV - 14.97
Army of Two : 40th Day - 12.97
Tony Hawk : Shred - 17.97
Saint's Row (first one) - 16.97
Kinect JoyRide - 14.97
Game Party : In Motion (Kinect Game) - 15.97
Kinectimals (original version) - 24.97
Dance Central - 19.97

PS3:
Tony Hawk : Ride - 2.97
Tony Hawk : Shred - 2.97
Def Jam Rapstar - 2.97
MGS4 - 12.97
Mass Effect 2 - 14.97
EyePet 12.97
Move Game Controller Charging Stand - 14.97
EA Active 2 - 12.97
Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition - 12.97
De Blob 2 - 17.97
Dragon Age 2 - 17.97
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 12.97
Medal of Honor : Limited Edition - 14.97
Band Hero (Software Only) - 7.97
Saint's Row 2 - 14.97
The Fight : Lights Out (move game) - 17.97
The Shoot (move game) - 17.97
Move Hero's (move game) -17.97

Wii:
Tony Hawk : Shred - 7.97
Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles - 12.97
Bakugan : Defenders of the core - 12.97
EA Sports Active 2 - 12.97
Wii Play Bundle - 39.97
Wii Play Motion Bundle - 39.97
Punch Out (nintendo selects version) - 14.97
Mario Super Sluggers - 14.97
Elmo's A to Zoo - 12.97 (some stores listed this as 17.97)
Band hero (software only) - 7.97
Iron Man 2 - 7.97
Sonic Colors - 17.97

Nintendo DS:
Lego Battles - .97
Layton Diabolical Box - 2.97
Jonas - 2.97 (LOL)
Scene it : Twilight - 7.97
Picross 3D - 14.97
Bejeweled Twist - 7.97
Imagine : Resort Owner - 7.97
Cake Mania 3 - 7.97
Brain Age 2 - 7.97
Tron Evolution - 7.97
Puzzler Colleciton - 1.97
Stitch Jam - 2.97
Margot's Word Brain - 2.97
Hannah Montana : The Movie - 7.97
GTA China Town - 7.97
WWE vs Raw 2010 - 7.97
Family Feud : 2010 Edition - 7.97
Ass Creed 2 : Discovery - 7.97
Left Brain Right Brain 2 - 7.97
Paws and clase dogs and cats best friends - 7.97

PSP:
MotorStorm : Arctic Edge - 2.97
Dead Head Fred - 4.97
Resistance : Retribution - 12.97
God of War : Chains of Olympus - 12.97

Misc:
Sony Handycam DCR - SX65 Camcorder - 193.97
LG 220C Cellular TracFone - 11.97
Asus Eee PC 1015PE Netbook with Intel Atom N450 processor and 10.1" screen - 162.97
Novel 7" Color Multimedia Android Tablet + Wifi Ereader - 49.97

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting. There's one of those tablets at the one store by me.;) Maybe I'll grab one of those if they last another drop.:D

I have one to add to that list. A plain old Wii system w/ no pack-in game is coming up $89.97 around here according to Google Shopping. It's OOS, of course.:roll:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...sa=X&ei=cNOAT6Rmz7vQAbfWkIUI&ved=0CM0BEPMCMAQ

The Sports Resort Pack Wii is also on clearance:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...sa=X&ei=cNOAT6Rmz7vQAbfWkIUI&ved=0CPEBEPMCMAc

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Very interesting. There's one of those tablets at the one store by me.;) Maybe I'll grab one of those if they last another drop.:D

I have one to add to that list. A plain old Wii system w/ no pack-in game is coming up $89.97 around here according to Google Shopping. It's OOS, of course.:roll:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...sa=X&ei=cNOAT6Rmz7vQAbfWkIUI&ved=0CM0BEPMCMAQ

The Sports Resort Pack Wii is also on clearance:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...sa=X&ei=cNOAT6Rmz7vQAbfWkIUI&ved=0CPEBEPMCMAc[/QUOTE]

I agree about that tablet. If it drops again it might be really tempting though I'm sure it's probably complete garbage to use.

edit:
Amazon customer reviews for the tablet are pretty bad so I definitely would NOT buy it for 50.
http://www.amazon.com/Pandigital-7-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

LOL according to one of the reviews it runs Android 1.5. SO be prepared to root it and install a newer version (assuming it has the power to run Honeycomb).

In the games I've played on, the bigger screen size actually accentuates pixels and makes reading text much easier. The added brightness is also welcome. I imagine it might make some full 3D environment games blurry.

[quote name='JKSonic']IMO there's no point in spending that much (even the $15x.xx clearance price) on a DSi XL. Either get a $50 Cobalt DS Lite and save over $100 or spend a tad more and get the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

I actually do have a Cobalt DS Lite. How much bigger is the 3DS screen compared to the Lite? (I'll google it later)

[quote name='orion1998_1']vita[/QUOTE]

No TV out or Dualshock 3 support like the PSPgo is what's stopping me from getting a Vita right now, besides not having that amount of cash at hand.

[quote name='Romeo']Missed out on the GO? That's probably because cheapest gamer probably drove around every state on the east coast to buy the stock from every Sears.

Not fond of the 3DS at all, I passed.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me as much now since I can bite my lip and buy one for $100 from Gamestop. If I really wanted that PSPgo. Not too fond of the 3D part of the 3DS either.

[quote name='czissis']I had a XL a while back. Everything is a little more pixelated because of the larger screens. However I found the size of handheld to be more comfortable than both the Lite and DSi. I'd pick up another XL in a heartbeat if I could find one cheap, but the normal price right now is just far too much for a 'last-gen' handheld.[/QUOTE]

I heard about that pixelated part. I enjoy my DS games on my DS, but would like a larger screen. Wish there was a TV out function for the DS. I mean, use the DS itself as a controller. With the television screens divided into the two screens. I can't find myself paying normal price for a DSiXL when I do have a DS Lite.

Can someone help me find this DS system...I can't find anything thing on it. It was a purple DS (not sure which version, it looked old) bundle pack that came with 2 games I think. I'm trying to find it on google shopping but I can't even find any info on it anywhere.

I saw it at a Sears store and the price was still pretty high. It's driving me crazy...I feel like it was just my imagination.

edit: the price tag called it "Adventure bundle"

Google shopping shows 250gb 360s entering the clearance cycle. First drop is meh at 289.97 but this bares watching.

[quote name='Byakurai']Jonas ds for $2.97 isn't bad as BBY gives $4 or so prior to bonuses.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather wait till it drops more before considering that since for me. Gas is so expensive right now, I'm sure I'd use at least a quarter gallon getting to Sears then driving to Best Buy in traffic then back home. Unless you're talking about online?

[quote name='Blaster man']I'd rather wait till it drops more before considering that since for me. Gas is so expensive right now, I'm sure I'd use at least a quarter gallon getting to Sears then driving to Best Buy in traffic then back home. Unless you're talking about online?[/QUOTE]
Luckily for me my closest Sears and Best Buy are within about a half mile of each other. We also have a TRU within a half mile of the Sears store. So it's nice to have so many stores grouped so close together.

bread's done
Back