Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shit. Apparently someone musta finally bought that black PSPGo up at my closest Sears for $100(unless they did another one of those frickin' 75% off clearance dealies again:bomb:) as it's showing out of stock now on Google Shopping.

Not to mention that the Black Friday PS3 bundle isn't showing up again on there.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

How do you check online for stock?

[quote name='ImperialPie']The Xbox 360 Slim HDDs are $20 at my store. Don't forget, tomorrow new markdowns start.[/QUOTE]

Really? What's the size? I need to upgrade my slim HDD. Have been using a gutted 60 gig from the white 360.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shit. Apparently someone musta finally bought that black PSPGo up at my closest Sears for $100(unless they did another one of those frickin' 75% off clearance dealies again:bomb:) as it's showing out of stock now on Google Shopping.

Not to mention that the Black Friday PS3 bundle isn't showing up again on there.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I hope you checked through all of the pages. I thought that about a PSP 3000, but it had been pushed back some pages after being in the same spot for months.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']One of my sears has mario galaxy 2 at $24.98. Hopefully it hits $19.97 or less on Friday.[/QUOTE]

I saw that 2 months ago and picked it up. I figured it would get bought by someone else if I didn't get it. $25 was still a great deal and for me, $5 isn't a big deal. But yeah, by tomorrow it should still be there. Hopefully the prices will drop tomorrow.

[quote name='xplode427']How do you check online for stock?[/QUOTE]
I searched for Little Big Planet PS3 Sears on Google Shopping. I even tried the link I posted in here a while back to see if it'd pop up that way and that didn't even bring up a result. Maybe I'll have to try it in IE in a bit.
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I hope you checked through all of the pages. I thought that about a PSP 3000, but it had been pushed back some pages after being in the same spot for months.[/QUOTE]
I checked about 3-4 pages, but normally that search I listed above would bring up all of the LBP games, God Of War III and a bunch of other stuff. It only brought up maybe 7 results.

Here's the search page: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....5996.27.14.0.13.13.1.176.1193.8j6.14.0...0.0.

[quote name='MiraiLink']Really? What's the size? I need to upgrade my slim HDD. Have been using a gutted 60 gig from the white 360.[/QUOTE]

It is the 250 GB HDD.

Saw and bought flingsmash bundle at sears today... clearance price $19.99! It was the only one left at the store!!

Stupid sears. I always get depressed when I read this thread. Besides finding Brutal Legend for $2 and Burnout Paradise :ps3: for $4 I don't think I have ever found anything half-decent in a year and a half at least.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Saw and bought flingsmash bundle at sears today... clearance price $19.99! It was the only one left at the store!![/QUOTE]

No Wii, yet. But, got the last 2 of those bundles for $11.90 each at BJ's Wholesale.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Would be nice to find 1 or 2 of those Move charge stations that have been mentioned! :D[/QUOTE]

Link? I'd love to get one of these.

[quote name='goodnight144']Anybody know if any of the May 3 markdowns happened yet today? I am trying to decide whether to pop into sears today or not.[/QUOTE]
Markdowns happen on the first Friday of the month. So you should check tomorrow May 4th

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Markdowns happen on the first Friday of the month. So you should check tomorrow May 4th[/QUOTE]

Damn the only time I can check is today. Oh well haven't been there in a while anyway.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Markdowns happen on the first Friday of the month. So you should check tomorrow May 4th[/QUOTE]

Damn the only time I can check is today. Oh well haven't been there in a while anyway. Does Sears have markdown patterns like how Target goes 30-50-70? Havent really bought any games there.

[quote name='Namerson']Damn the only time I can check is today. Oh well haven't been there in a while anyway. Does Sears have markdown patterns like how Target goes 30-50-70? Havent really bought any games there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, although I can't recall the pattern. Someone else might be able to though.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Yes, although I can't recall the pattern. Someone else might be able to though.[/QUOTE]

There is no pattern for Sears. A few years ago games would go down $5 every month, but ever since HeWhoShallNotBeNamed came (and left) the site, the clearance is mostly up to the store managers.

Earlier in the year the clearance looked like it was going to finally get back into the monthly cycle, but as we have seen in these recent months they are adopting the K-Mart approach where some games refuse to drop below a certain point and still retain their Feb/March prices. Sure, there are a few new games entering the cycle each month, but it's hard to care when they are $24.97 after getting so used to getting games in the $0.97 to $4.97 range.

[quote name='sadakou']There is no pattern for Sears. A few years ago games would go down $5 every month, but ever since HeWhoShallNotBeNamed came (and left) the site, the clearance is mostly up to the store managers.

Earlier in the year the clearance looked like it was going to finally get back into the monthly cycle, but as we have seen in these recent months they are adopting the K-Mart approach where some games refuse to drop below a certain point and still retain their Feb/March prices. Sure, there are a few new games entering the cycle each month, but it's hard to care when they are $24.97 after getting so used to getting games in the $0.97 to $4.97 range.[/QUOTE]

Hm, guess I got confused then. Welp, there's your answer.

[quote name='sadakou']There is no pattern for Sears. A few years ago games would go down $5 every month, but ever since HeWhoShallNotBeNamed came (and left) the site, the clearance is mostly up to the store managers.[/QUOTE]

Hm? Who's that? Voldemort?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Hm? Who's that? Voldemort?[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Oh cmon now. No one is gonna say it? The guys name on CAG was SHC-Gamer. He worked for Sears Holding corporate and only really did game deals on new release shit and stopped the clearance drop cycles at both Sears and Kmart dead in their tracks.

At one point in time you could be guaranteed that EVERY title on clearance would drop by $5 per month until they reached insane amounts like $.97 and even as low as $.48(and I think even lower on the last round of clearance before he joined CAG). After he joined and started doing his 'deals'(great if you liked paying MSRP for a game just to get a $10-20 coupon towards the next likely MSRP 'deal') both Sears and Kmart became clearance wastelands where nothing ever dropped.

What was left is what you see now, where some shit drops and some shit stays at the highest price until the individual store managers determine that it just won't move at $30-40 or more and FINALLY drop it. Before he came here the updates happened automatically and nothing was left up to the individual managers' discretion. It was the perfect(for CAG's anyway) system.

But with the way Sears Holding is going now, I predict both Kmart and Sears will be circling the drain and going down it this next time. They've already closed a buncha stores and I'm sure this isn't the last round of closings we're gonna see.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: Oh cmon now. No one is gonna say it? [/QUOTE]

The only reason I didn't mention him by name is because it seemed as though while he was here the mods had a filter that would alert them any time his name was brought up in a post so they could delete it instantly. I'm still under the impression that during that time period the company had their hands in this website's pockets (let's see how long THIS post stays up), but I can't speak too much about it or the Confoosious Retailer Defense Force will come in here ranting and raving about tin foil hats. ;)

Now be honest though guys, IATCG I remember you noting in prior threads that you had received help from him in getting a gift card for your troubles on one occasion.

Prior to his arrival how successful was anyone in obtaining any corrective action from customer service?

On Topic, what the hell are we all looking for tomorrow?

Hold on. I read IATCG's post, but I don't understand what he did that was bad. He put games on clearance and had the price drop by $5 each month. Is that it?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Hold on. I read IATCG's post, but I don't understand what he did that was bad. He put games on clearance and had the price drop by $5 each month. Is that it?[/QUOTE]

No, the price dropped by 5 dollars a month BEFORE he arrived. The drops stopped when he arrived..........

[quote name='bgame2']Now be honest though guys, IATCG I remember you noting in prior threads that you had received help from him in getting a gift card for your troubles on one occasion.

Prior to his arrival how successful was anyone in obtaining any corrective action from customer service?

On Topic, what the hell are we all looking for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I remember IATCG got a gift card too. Lets face it, Josh (SHC-Gamer) definitely fucked up clearance for us BUT he helped people here - myself included. My Sears refused to sell me clearance games because the price tags were higher than the price in the computer. That's because your employees are fucking lazy and didn't update the goddamn sticker! Well, their loss prevention person came out and told me I had to pay sticker price for them and they knew I was cheating them (what am I doing, re-programming the computers?????). I left pissed off and told him I'd contact corporate. He told me, "Go ahead, we've already told them about this problem and they're aware of it". Anyway, I sent Josh an email and asked the loss prevention manager to call me and apologize. Guess what? HE DID. I went to the store after work and took my time looking around. I wasn't a dick like he was BUT I certainly made my presence known.

Also, two years ago on Black Friday they had Mass Effect 2 on sale. I mentioned that I was thinking about waiting for the complete edition to buy it. Well, he threw in a 1600 MS point card for the same price but only folks that read his thread knew about it so it wasn't really available to the general public which was nice.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Hold on. I read IATCG's post, but I don't understand what he did that was bad. He put games on clearance and had the price drop by $5 each month. Is that it?[/QUOTE]

You got it backwards. Clearance games used to drop by $5 per month until he arrived. For clearance he was bad. He was trying to make the gaming section profitable for his company, which was his job.

Clearance games don't make the company money (or very little of it). One thing I've noticed is that there are very few new games showing up on the shelves at Kmart and Sears. Soon it is possible the game section in Sears will be gone, along with the store.

[quote name='Blaster man']
Also, two years ago on Black Friday they had Mass Effect 2 on sale. I mentioned that I was thinking about waiting for the complete edition to buy it. Well, he threw in a 1600 MS point card for the same price but only folks that read his thread knew about it so it wasn't really available to the general public which was nice.[/QUOTE]

2 years ago? You forgot your log in? Lol.

[quote name='bgame2']Now be honest though guys, IATCG I remember you noting in prior threads that you had received help from him in getting a gift card for your troubles on one occasion.

I did. I got a $40 gift card for not getting a $20 coupon for Ratchet and Clank. Took them 4 months to send it but I got it. Used it towards a Vita.

[quote name='sadakou']The only reason I didn't mention him by name is because it seemed as though while he was here the mods had a filter that would alert them any time his name was brought up in a post so they could delete it instantly. I'm still under the impression that during that time period the company had their hands in this website's pockets (let's see how long THIS post stays up), but I can't speak too much about it or the Confoosious Retailer Defense Force will come in here ranting and raving about tin foil hats. ;)[/QUOTE]
:lol:Yeah. It did seem like as soon as his name was mentioned in any way other than blindly praising him it was deleted post haste. It was pretty funny to see the Kmart Defense Force come out in full anytime someone dared to disparage these 'great deals' he was doing for them.

The only halfway decent deals I got in on while he was doing them was that L.A. Noire deal(free $20 game and a $20 off coupon) and the Fallout New Vegas coaster coupons.

I was pretty successful in getting help resolving customer service issues without him in times past. For example, I did the survey on a receipt from a further off Sears store(Stroudsburg, PA) and let their manager know about the employees standing there watching ESPN rather than help customers. I received a call from the manager himself and the next time I was in that store all of those employees were working and not watching tv.:evil:

But yeah, he did get a gift card out to me to make up for the one ahole employee here being rude to me and the missing $5 game I bought up in NY state. Thing is, I think I went back to that mall store up there within a month, but I forgot to bring the empty case with me to get a refund there. I think I still have that case somewhere around here in the collection of empty cases I bought from HWV when they were going outta biz.
[quote name='Blaster man']I remember IATCG got a gift card too. Lets face it, Josh (SHC-Gamer) definitely fucked up clearance for us BUT he helped people here - myself included. My Sears refused to sell me clearance games because the price tags were higher than the price in the computer. That's because your employees are fucking lazy and didn't update the goddamn sticker! Well, their loss prevention person came out and told me I had to pay sticker price for them and they knew I was cheating them (what am I doing, re-programming the computers?????). I left pissed off and told him I'd contact corporate[/quote]
I had this same kinda issue with Circuit City up in NY state back in the day. Their employees never marked anything down, so I was routinely getting games marked $40-50 for $2-4. That is, untill the one bitch manager pulled a hissy fit and wanted to know how I knew the prices would be so cheap and then refused to sell me anything unless I paid the sticker price.:lol:
Also, two years ago on Black Friday they had Mass Effect 2 on sale. I mentioned that I was thinking about waiting for the complete edition to buy it. Well, he threw in a 1600 MS point card for the same price but only folks that read his thread knew about it so it wasn't really available to the general public which was nice.
I wanted ME2 for the longest time too. But I'm glad I waited like I did, since I got it a couple months ago for $5 after the @Gamer coupon.:razz:

[quote name='sadakou']The only reason I didn't mention him by name is because it seemed as though while he was here the mods had a filter that would alert them any time his name was brought up in a post so they could delete it instantly. I'm still under the impression that during that time period the company had their hands in this website's pockets (let's see how long THIS post stays up), but I can't speak too much about it or the Confoosious Retailer Defense Force will come in here ranting and raving about tin foil hats. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol, hilarious....and yet so true.

I really liked Josh aka SHC-Gamer. He worked his way up from a security guard to a buyer at a major retail chain, as bad a chain as it was. He tried to turn a part of his company around. Failed, but tried all the same.

Meanwhile, you idiots are selling oranges by the freeway or some equally dead-end job and you have absolutely no chance of making anything of yourselves in life. So, you know, keep hatin and bottom feeding!

\\:D/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I really liked Josh. He worked his way up from a security guard to a buyer at a major retail chain, as bad a chain as it was. He tried to turn a part of his company around. Failed, but tried all the same.

Meanwhile, you idiots are selling oranges by the freeway or some equally dead-end job and you have absolutely no chance of making anything of yourselves in life. So, you know, keep hatin and bottom feeding!

\\:D/[/QUOTE]
U-MAD-BRO.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']
Meanwhile, you idiots are selling oranges by the freeway or some equally dead-end job and you have absolutely no chance of making anything of yourselves in life.

[/QUOTE]

I also sell flowers! The business is actually QUITE lucrative!!!

DSCF3594.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']I really liked Josh aka SHC-Gamer. He worked his way up from a security guard to a buyer at a major retail chain, as bad a chain as it was. He tried to turn a part of his company around. Failed, but tried all the same.

So much truth. I love it!

[quote name='confoosious']I really liked Josh aka SHC-Gamer. He worked his way up from a security guard to a buyer at a major retail chain, as bad a chain as it was. He tried to turn a part of his company around. Failed, but tried all the same.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I've been to a lot of places on the internet, but whenever there's drama on CAG, it has a tendency to be really, really weird. I think I'm going to stick to just reading the topic title for deals.

[quote name='sotc1988']I've been to a lot of places on the internet, but whenever there's drama on CAG, it has a tendency to be really, really weird. I think I'm going to stick to just reading the topic title for deals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree lets just get back to the deals this has gotten way off topic

[quote name='FFWRX']Anybody check to see if anything dropped today?[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to use google shopping (which probably wouldn't update until tomorrow but my store has completely disappeared from google shopping. My store is in the same zip code as me yet the closest store even existing for me in google shopping is 20 minutes away. It's really odd.

Friends and Family sale today. But it's only for like 3 stores, none of which are mine.:cry:

State St., Chicago, IL
1st Ave., Seattle
Broadway, Oakland

bread's done
Back