Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='ImperialPie']Yeah I believe that Sears has decided to phase out their games section. None of my managers know what is going on nor do they know if they are phasing out the game section. They are still selling consoles and handhelds at a steady pace at my store.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but a manager said that Sears is leaving the videogame sales to K-mart, which is both sad and amazing on many different levels.

VM

[quote name='ZombieToast']I thought it already required one. Hmm.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. I won't even shoplift there anymore.[/QUOTE]

Somebody call the Sherriff
Lock him out ! Lock him out !
:lol::lol:

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The only time I have seen people buy games at Sears is when other stores are out of a game that is popular and since no one buys games at Sears, they had it in stock or during the holidays[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is about the only time I have ever seen people buy games or electronics at Sears unless its a super hot item that is sold out everywhere else or its the holidays and they are picking up games along with children's clothing as gifts. I have basically never seen anyone buy any electronics except for televisions and television accessories, and of course once you pick out your TV its either not in stock or they can't find it. One time I saw an old lady buy a Zune but that was several years ago.

Stopped by a sears today and no price drops happened this weekend, maybe next weekend as someone else said? Unusual but sears has never liked to follow their own patterns.

Anyway, did manage to pick up EA Sports Active 2 for $12.97 - $1.30 (10% sears friends and family promo) - $5.00 (your way sears rewards credit posted this weekend) = 7 and change out the door. Not bad, but lets hope for some decent drops soon.

[quote name='gnatforeva']Stopped by a sears today and no price drops happened this weekend, maybe next weekend as someone else said? Unusual but sears has never liked to follow their own patterns.

Anyway, did manage to pick up EA Sports Active 2 for $12.97 - $1.30 (10% sears friends and family promo) - $5.00 (your way sears rewards credit posted this weekend) = 7 and change out the door. Not bad, but lets hope for some decent drops soon.[/QUOTE]

It's normal. Sears used to price drop the first Friday that fell on a full week.

There were a few games that got price-dropped, like Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. But I already got DD from Best Buy for $5 and ST was still too much for me. It's $15 right now, but I'm waiting for $10.

Saw some May tags for clearance items so the drops did happen, your store may not have tagged anything yet. One drop I remember was FIFA11 for $14.97. Don't remember anything else remotely worthwhile.

Well, Checked at my Sears and they ran a nice little special. 50% off all Clearance Games. Copped God of War Collection for 10 bucks.

[quote name='NY Gamer']Well, Checked at my Sears and they ran a nice little special. 50% off all Clearance Games. Copped God of War Collection for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, the game sales must not be that bad at my store. I never see those types of sales.

I dunno, my closest Sears phased out games about 6-9 years ago. They still have auto section and TVs/appliances. They didn't even clearance the games out, just shipped them off to other Sears. We do have Kmarts but they only recently got the electronics section in order, thanks to Josh.

Now the Sears that are further away still sell games, but the section is so pitifully kept.

It would surprise me if ALL Sears are phasing games out, not just a few select locations.

I just went to Kmart yesterday and their video game section seems to be completely devoid of games other than the bin of value games at the front, that looks heavily picked over. Hardly anything as far as actual games stickered with stickers other than the big generic value stickers. This Kmart still has a lot of PS2 games, nothing worthwhile of course but I would think they would start marking those down soon, but I didn't see any signs of markdowns. I am guessing that this bin was cleaned out over easter and all the games were bought as easter gifts for kids.

[quote name='SaraAB']I just went to Kmart yesterday and their video game section seems to be completely devoid of games other than the bin of value games at the front, that looks heavily picked over. Hardly anything as far as actual games stickered with stickers other than the big generic value stickers. This Kmart still has a lot of PS2 games, nothing worthwhile of course but I would think they would start marking those down soon, but I didn't see any signs of markdowns. I am guessing that this bin was cleaned out over easter and all the games were bought as easter gifts for kids.[/QUOTE]
I just checked out my closest Kmart earlier and the markdowns were absolutely pitiful. They had most of the clearance games clearly marked and most were still just a hair under $20 apiece.

Funniest thing I noticed there was 2 copies of :ps3:Duke Nukem Forever, marked "down" from $17.99.....to $19.99. Someone got their numbers a lil reversed, me thinks.;)

The only thing I noticed that they had that might be considered a deal for some(if they didn't already get it from BB last fall for $25) is the :ps3:inFamous 2 Hero Edition for $60.

It's in an absolutely HUGE box, so I thought it was a PS3 system with inFamous 2 with it at first.

Just some stuff I noticed:

PS3:

Enslaved:Odyssey To The West $12.97
Final Fantasy XIII $14.97
GOW Collection $19.97
NBA Jam $17.97
The Sly Collection $19.97
Uncharted Drake's Fortune $9.97
(Infamous 2 was tagged $9.xx, but the guy said he couldn't sell it to me for that price because it rang up $29.xx. Wifi was locked, so I couldn't *research* it and I blew it off. But, I KNOW if I wanted it for $9.xx, I would have gotten it for $9.xx.)
**Official Sony USB charge cable(gold connectors dated2010) marked $7.97, rang up $4.97

Xbox 360:

Bayonetta $12.97
Enslaved:Odyssey To The West $12.97
Fable II $9.97
Lego Rock Band $1.97
Mass Effect Platinum Hits $13.97
Mass Effect 2 $14.97
NBA Jam $17.97
**Level Up Xbox 360 Compatible Storage Tower $19.97

DS:

Pokemon Platinum $19.97
Pokemon White $22.97

Stopped by my local yesterday afternoon. No change on any of the tags (still have March on them), and NOT A SINGLE GAME HAS BEEN TOUCHED IN OVER A MONTH. Everything that was there last month is still there. Not super surprising, considering that no one actually goes to Sears to buy games, but they haven't even bothered to update their "markdowns". That crap ain't gonna sell at the prices they got on 'em now, no way.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Just some stuff I noticed:

PS3:

(Infamous 2 was tagged $9.xx, but the guy said he couldn't sell it to me for that price because it rang up $29.xx. Wifi was locked, so I couldn't *research* it and I blew it off. But, I KNOW if I wanted it for $9.xx, I would have gotten it for $9.xx.)
[/QUOTE]

Ask the guy about Sears' Price Accuracy Policy. Sears' policy says that if a product scans inaccurately at the register, products under $5 would be free, products greater than $5 but less than $100 would be discounted by $5, and products over $100 would be discounted by 5%.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Stopped by my local yesterday afternoon. No change on any of the tags (still have March on them), and NOT A SINGLE GAME HAS BEEN TOUCHED IN OVER A MONTH. Everything that was there last month is still there. Not super surprising, considering that no one actually goes to Sears to buy games, but they haven't even bothered to update their "markdowns". That crap ain't gonna sell at the prices they got on 'em now, no way.[/QUOTE]
I'd be happy about stuff not being marked properly if I were you. They actually do re-sticker them around here and it sucks, since that's when the casual gamers and families notice the pink stickers and snap up anything they feel is a deal.:cry::whistle2:# Good for Sears, bad for super cheap deal hunters like me.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Byakurai']Ask the guy about Sears' Price Accuracy Policy. Sears' policy says that if a product scans inaccurately at the register, products under $5 would be free, products greater than $5 but less than $100 would be discounted by $5, and products over $100 would be discounted by 5%.[/QUOTE]

This policy is still in effect right, I remember trying to use it one time but they denied it ever even existed, even though there was a sign by the register stating the policy.

May tags showed up at one of my Sears, mostly on Wii and DS games that were either uninteresting or the drops were uninteresting like down from $25 to $20, etc. Some tags on 360 and PS3 stuff as well notably:

:360: Forza 3 (not GH) 9.97 down from 21.97
:360: Fight Night Champion 19.97 down from 24.97

I noted about thirty drops between all systems. Most drops were a few bucks, some were five and a few were ten like Wii Littlest Pet Shop down to 19.97 from 29.99 and some shovelware game down from $25 to $15.

I've been stalking a Bloggie Touch and hadn't mentioned it so a nearby lurker wouldn't be alerted, but now that it disappeared from google shopping:

Earlier bloggie 5mp pictures was $80 at one store and $65 at another dropped to $60 at the first store and unknown at the other because it was too far to drive without an idea that the touch had dropped to a good price.

Bloggie Touch with 13mp was $80, now ?

In all four bloggies are clearanced, but only one shows up in google shopping now. Also, google shopping STILL hasn't updated prices here yet.

Last year Sears had a similar RCA camcorder on clearance down to 15. It was pretty useful on our beach trip although photos were only 3mp. We stopped by a Sears on the way to visit family and snagged a clearance bloggie. We really like the bloggie. Fits in a pocket for me or in a purse for my wife and easy to use for great video and pics. I'd like to upgrade to the touch for around 50.

I'll be around a Sears today I'll check the bloggies prices if they have em.

*edit* None available at my Sears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google Shopping seems to have been updated now. Some of the games are either not showing up in my area now, or appear to be cheaper by about $5.

[quote name='Byakurai']Ask the guy about Sears' Price Accuracy Policy. Sears' policy says that if a product scans inaccurately at the register, products under $5 would be free, products greater than $5 but less than $100 would be discounted by $5, and products over $100 would be discounted by 5%.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I wasn't pressed about it. If I was, I would have gotten it for the $9.xx.:)

Found a Kodak Playsport HD video camera (zx3) for the April price of $48.97. I have never seen these in my store, so I'm not exactly sure where they came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
No new PCNs anytime soon. I'll check back in soon. I had to deal with with finals. Next week is May-mini but I will try my best check back with you guys. If anyone has any questions about anything PM me.

[quote name='snowmint']Anyone know if Pokemon heart gold and soul silver clearances out?[/QUOTE]

In my area both are at $29.97 but I suggest you Google Shop them for your area.

Hmm.. Looks like the closing Sears may be clearancing everything. The other day I saw a 320GB PS3 Move Bundle for $10 off and Google shopping is showing a Wifi/3G Vita launch bundle @ $10 off. Wonder how low they drop...

So there has been a DSi at my sears that has been clearanced at like $130 something since February. I wonder what it will drop to (if it drops lol) since Nintendo is suppose to be lowering the price of the to $99 on May 20th.

i was out with the wife and decided to check out a sears that i have never been too before. The willowbrook mall in NJ. Every single game they had was clearanced. Talked to the guy in the department and they said they were getting rid of games. Most were not that much of a sale but they did have a boat load of games. Way more then my middletown ny store. Found TV superstars for
iconps3.gif
for 2.97. Had a bunch of dj hero 2 sets for all systems. 39.97 for the party edition.

Had a coupon for an oil change at Sears Auto so I decided to check out Sears while I waited. Hadn't been there since I found the PSP Go's about two months ago...And I found the fabled Manager's Discount bin!

PSP Go 2 GB Memory w/ Adapter .50
PSP Go Ear Buds .50
Persona 3 FES 4.97
Kinect Sports Season 2 1.00(!)
Dance Central 2 1.00(!)
PS3 TV Superstars 2.97

I was shocked they had marked down Dance Central and Kinect Sports to $1. Seeing as it was a manager markdown, it's most likely just my store. I think they're shipping stuff to my store as there's a bunch of stuff I know we didn't have before. Three different PS3 system bundles(I don't remember each one exactly. One was the Infamous 2 320GB for $350. A 160 GB for $250 I think. The other was a Move PS3 System bundle 320 GB). Two PSP Assassins Creed Bundles for $79.97, a PSP Rock Band Bundle for $99.97. Those Kodak Easy Sport cameras and others

PSP memory stick prices have dropped. There was a 4 GB for $12.47 and an 8 GB for $19.99. Still doesn't beat the 8 GB one I got at Target for $14.97, but I picked up another 8 GB.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']PSP memory stick prices have dropped. There was a 4 GB for $12.47 and an 8 GB for $19.99. Still doesn't beat the 8 GB one I got at Target for $14.97, but I picked up another 8 GB.[/QUOTE]

Pro Duos? I so would like to find 8 GB memory stick pro duos at that price. My Sears doesn't have any of either memory sticks (pro duos or M2, no PSPgo memory sticks at all/sold out long ago) on clearance.

[quote name='SaraAB']This policy is still in effect right, I remember trying to use it one time but they denied it ever even existed, even though there was a sign by the register stating the policy.[/QUOTE]

Remember the associate doesn't have to honor that policy if he can't read.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']PSP memory stick prices have dropped. There was a 4 GB for $12.47 and an 8 GB for $19.99. Still doesn't beat the 8 GB one I got at Target for $14.97, but I picked up another 8 GB.[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's still way too much money for one of those things. I paid $2 for my 8 GB...I can't imagine paying much more than that.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Damn, that's still way too much money for one of those things. I paid $2 for my 8 GB...I can't imagine paying much more than that.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd like to know as well, where you are able to get $2 8 GB memory pro duos from? I've been wanting some more memory for my PSP for some time.

The cheapest 8 GB I've ever found was at Office Depot during black friday for about $20 - $30.

I have to agree though the price on these things are ridiculously high at this point. Figured 32 GB sticks would be a bit more common to see by now in local stores for less than $100.

Been considering one of those micro sd to pro duo converters that sell for dirt cheap online.

I always get stuff like this on eBay. SD cards, USB drives, memory card duos, Xbox 360 hard drives...it's all super cheap. They're Chinese knock-offs, but they work just fine. I've been going this route for several years now and I've only ever had problems with ONE microSD card...but they gave me a refund and I got to keep the card. It's currently in my old DSi that my wife now uses; it won't store data from a PC for some reason, but it works fine with DS data.

Just backup your stuff once in a while (which you should be doing anyway) and there's very little risk. Or if you're super paranoid, just get a microSD on Amazon (about $5 for a name brand 8 GB) and use a memory stick duo adapter (about $1 on eBay).

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Been considering one of those micro sd to pro duo converters that sell for dirt cheap online.[/QUOTE]
There's really no reason not to. It works just as well and you're able to use name brand memory while still saving quite a bit of money. It also makes it easier to backup your data if you don't have a duo slot on your computer.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I always get stuff like this on eBay. SD cards, USB drives, memory card duos, Xbox 360 hard drives...it's all super cheap. They're Chinese knock-offs, but they work just fine. I've been going this route for several years now and I've only ever had problems with ONE microSD card...but they gave me a refund and I got to keep the card. It's currently in my old DSi that my wife now uses; it won't store data from a PC for some reason, but it works fine with DS data.

Just backup your stuff once in a while (which you should be doing anyway) and there's very little risk. Or if you're super paranoid, just get a microSD on Amazon (about $5 for a name brand 8 GB) and use a memory stick duo adapter (about $1 on eBay).

There's really no reason not to. It works just as well and you're able to use name brand memory while still saving quite a bit of money. It also makes it easier to backup your data if you don't have a duo slot on your computer.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Amazon was the first store I saw those adapters. You're the first person I've encountered that has said something positive about the knock-offs from China.

Might try the double 16 GB micro sd adapter route for about 32 GB, which should be enough space.

Have a bunch of videos from the PSN that I got for free. I don't want to keep them on my PS3 since my 160 GB is getting close to full, but want to view the videos still without having to restore the backups so much.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
Might try the double 16 GB micro sd adapter route for about 32 GB, which should be enough space.
[/QUOTE]

I got a single slot adapter w/ a 32GB card for about $30 off of ebay and it works just fine. I cant believe that the 'official' one still cost so much.

I'll second getting Chinese knockoffs of memory sticks and such. I have 2 4GBs for my PSP that cost ~$6 overall. The speed may not be the greatest, but they've worked for 3+ years now. And some cheap USB flash drives.

bread's done
Back