Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Went to my Sears for the first time ever today. They had several PS2 games, I don't remember many prices. What I remember for PS2 was God of War for $5 and Hot Shots Tennis for $5 or less. I was going to pick up God of War until I found the rack of dozens of God of War HD Collections for PS3 at $20 which I picked up. There was a wall of clearance Wii shovelware and some older DS games(quality games, marked clearance, but still $30. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc). For 3DS, games like Ridge Racer, PES, and I think SS3D were $17. I'm not sure if Tiger Woods 12 is this year's version or last year's version, but it was $30 for PS3/360. Not much more stuck out other than 4000 MS points for $40. This has all probably been reported, but figured I'd just leave some of the things I saw in case anyone was interested

is there a way to search inventory for a sears store?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']You're the first person I've encountered that has said something positive about the knock-offs from China.[/QUOTE]
Well, to be fair, a lot of shoddy products come out of China (and it would be crazy to anything expensive). Because of that, I think most people aren't even willing to take a chance when it comes to electronics, which is fair. But I've been using cables and memory devices from there for a long time now and, like I said, I've had almost no trouble. A lot of times, they actually just take name brands (possibly stolen from factories?) and put them in new cases. On several occasions, I've bought these things and opened them up to find Seagate, Western Digital, and Kingston products inside.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but when so little money is involved and you have Paypal's buyer protection, it's worth taking a chance.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, to be fair, a lot of shoddy products come out of China (and it would be crazy to anything expensive). Because of that, I think most people aren't even willing to take a chance when it comes to electronics, which is fair. But I've been using cables and memory devices from there for a long time now and, like I said, I've had almost no trouble. A lot of times, they actually just take name brands (possibly stolen from factories?) and put them in new cases. On several occasions, I've bought these things and opened them up to find Seagate, Western Digital, and Kingston products inside.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but when so little money is involved and you have Paypal's buyer protection, it's worth taking a chance.[/QUOTE]
i definitely agree on small trivial things. i ordered some 95 cents blutooth adapter for my laptop from meritline that ships straight from China. if it works for even 5 hours I'd be satisfied at that price lol. i would never take a chance on a hard drive though, even though they all have a lifespan, i'd just be too scared it would crap out on me really early

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, to be fair, a lot of shoddy products come out of China (and it would be crazy to anything expensive). Because of that, I think most people aren't even willing to take a chance when it comes to electronics, which is fair. But I've been using cables and memory devices from there for a long time now and, like I said, I've had almost no trouble. A lot of times, they actually just take name brands (possibly stolen from factories?) and put them in new cases. On several occasions, I've bought these things and opened them up to find Seagate, Western Digital, and Kingston products inside.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but when so little money is involved and you have Paypal's buyer protection, it's worth taking a chance.[/QUOTE]

Don't those guys make all the ipads, iphones, and Ipods? I think they make everything right? I did buy some cheap shipping tape that had Made in the USA printed proudly on it! Yay us.:cry:

[quote name='Toss']Don't those guys make all the ipads, iphones, and Ipods? I think they make everything right? I did buy some cheap shipping tape that had Made in the USA printed proudly on it! Yay us.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Funniest(and/or saddest) thing I ever saw was during the period just after the 9/11 attacks. I went to Wal*Mart and looked for a U.S. flag set. Guess where they were made: CHINA!!:lol::roll::whistle2:#

The most disgusting thing I ever saw though was about 4 months later. I received a pack of advertisements in an envelope, one of which was using an image of the Twin Towers burning after the planes hit. It was an ad for insurance of some kind.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

The most disgusting thing I ever saw though was about 4 months later. I received a pack of advertisements in an envelope, one of which was using an image of the Twin Towers burning after the planes hit. It was an ad for insurance of some kind.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Words fail me...

May stickers were on the games last night. NHL was re-stickered but still stuck at the low price of $39.97. It was the same price last month.

Game sales are still alive at my store, because I saw Max Payne 3 there.

[quote name='No.']I'll second getting Chinese knockoffs of memory sticks and such. I have 2 4GBs for my PSP that cost ~$6 overall. The speed may not be the greatest, but they've worked for 3+ years now. And some cheap USB flash drives.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't recommend you ever do anything financial or work related on a computer touched by those memory cards, it's well known the knock offs can be preloaded with back door software. The us military banned flash drives, shit is real. Like the one guy said maybe you're just lucky, and got a good deal :) Computer AIDS is no problem to a smart shopper like you.

Sears just started printing out a SYWR coupon today(?) at my local Sears. I wish I could make any sense of this, like if you get the points for buying video games or what the deal is. If it's a decent coupon, it might be handy for picking up clearance stuff at sears.

Earn $10 in Points
Kmart DVD &VDO Games

Kmart is within 5 miles from here!
Did you knwo you can earn & redeem
Points at all Sears and Kmart locations?
Check out more details at
www.shopyourway.com/rewards
This offer valid at Kmart only. ZJQ1993

I'd post the 16 digit code, but the barcode is limited to one use only, I believe. If someone could clarify if you actually have to buy something from Kmart to get the points added, or just scanning the coupon when you make ANY purchase will qualify you for the $10 in points.

I went to Sears hoping to find some goodies for my newly acquired PSPGo. I didn't really see anything but the 2gb M2 cards were marked at $1.97.

I didn't pick up one up but for the price I might go back.

Anyone know what the price for a 12 month Xbox live mess. Kit with PGR might be? It looked old as hell but since I was with my family i didn't care to ask for a price check.

[quote name='WesWarlord']I went to Sears hoping to find some goodies for my newly acquired PSPGo. I didn't really see anything but the 2gb M2 cards were marked at $1.97.

Anyone know what the price for a 12 month Xbox live mess. Kit with PGR might be? It looked old as hell but since I was with my family i didn't care to ask for a price check.[/QUOTE]
it was $60 at my sears according to the sticker and google shopping

Anyone purchased a pearl white pspgo recently? Sears is charging me the full price because its no longer in the system so their going by the sticker price.

[quote name='Marauder7']Anyone purchased a pearl white pspgo recently? Sears is charging me the full price because its no longer in the system so their going by the sticker price.[/QUOTE]

I got mine back in March and it was $49.97. Surprised it didn't drop further than that

If it had dropped to 90% off, I probably would've taken mine back in and done a return/rebuy. Mind ya, I'm finally getting some use out of one of them and I sold one to someone on Amazon.;)

[quote name='WesWarlord']I went to Sears hoping to find some goodies for my newly acquired PSPGo. I didn't really see anything but the 2gb M2 cards were marked at $1.97.

Anyone know what the price for a 12 month Xbox live mess. Kit with PGR might be? It looked old as hell but since I was with my family i didn't care to ask for a price check.[/QUOTE]

Shock to hear they still carry it since it was clearance last year. I got 4GB Sony pro duo for $2.97 each. I helped a followed CAG here named Toldawg128.

Does anyone have prices on the PS3 move bundles? There is the sports champions bundle with 1 game then there is another bundle with 2 games. The only price I could see was 99.99, but I am suspecting lower.

[quote name='jedifrog21']I got mine back in March and it was $49.97. Surprised it didn't drop further than that[/QUOTE]

Were they able to scan the barcode? The sales rep said only way they can sell me the pspgo is by manually entering in the price and they won't go any lower than the retail price of 199.99.

[quote name='Marauder7']Were they able to scan the barcode? The sales rep said only way they can sell me the pspgo is by manually entering in the price and they won't go any lower than the retail price of 199.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah was marked $249.99 and rang up $49.97

Just found out my nearest Sears is going to stop selling games. They just started to clearance things so prices are still high but I did manage to pick up a PS3 Bundle Pack of Dark Sector and Beowulf for $4.97.

[quote name='coopscohen']Just found out my nearest Sears is going to stop selling games. They just started to clearance things so prices are still high but I did manage to pick up a PS3 Bundle Pack of Dark Sector and Beowulf for $4.97.[/QUOTE]

Im at springfield massichusates for my vacation right now and a Sears there said this same thing. Most of the games left are at msrp but that wont be for that much longer. This i need to keep an eye on

[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone have prices on the PS3 move bundles? There is the sports champions bundle with 1 game then there is another bundle with 2 games. The only price I could see was 99.99, but I am suspecting lower.[/QUOTE]

I think the Sports Champions Bundle is $89.97

It looks like the 2-game bundle is $69 at Amazon so as of right now that is my better deal, as I have credit to Amazon, and enough credit to completely cover the bundle. I don't need it right away so I will keep shopping around though. I won a $50 gift card to a local mall, which I am sure I can easily burn in their Sears or Gamestop!

Not sure if anyone notice, but they clearance:

Xbox 360 storage tower for $2.99
Nintendo DS XL case for $2.99
official sony component cable ps3 $10

The package says official sony component cable ps3/PS2.
It says it works for PS3 and PS2 consoles. Does this work with PS2 slim?
Does this improve the video/sound on the PS2?
I was debating on this, but I dont have a Ps3 and only a PS2 phat.
Anyone know anything about this cables?

Also, I was looking for a component cable for a sony s580 blu ray player.
cause im using the cables that came in the box. Is there a big difference? I do have HDMI cables, but my Tv is from 2005 and doesnt have HDMI port.
I guess component cables huge improvement to HD?

Not just should but *will* work on either a PS2 phat, PS2 slim, or PS3. I have a set of cables that I have used on all three models. The connection is exactly the same. You'll be fine.

[quote name='The Punisher']Not sure if anyone notice, but they clearance:

[/QUOTE]

Dang these were at $20 still last time I saw them, I want one but my buying price is $10 because that is really all its worth to me. I might have to stop by there today and see if they reduced them any more at my sears.

[quote name='The Punisher']Not sure if anyone notice, but they clearance:

Nintendo DS XL case for $2.99
official sony component cable ps3 $10

The package says official sony component cable ps3/PS2.
It says it works for PS3 and PS2 consoles. Does this work with PS2 slim?
Does this improve the video/sound on the PS2?
I was debating on this, but I dont have a Ps3 and only a PS2 phat.
Anyone know anything about this cables?

Also, I was looking for a component cable for a sony s580 blu ray player.
cause im using the cables that came in the box. Is there a big difference? I do have HDMI cables, but my Tv is from 2005 and doesnt have HDMI port.
I guess component cables huge improvement to HD?[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I'll have to check my local Sears today to see if the PS3 storage tower is $3 as well.:pray: I hope so. Maybe then I can get my games off my couch and store them properly.:lol:

I got a DS starter kit for $4.97 It has 3 stylus's, screen protectors, earbuds, screen cloth, 3 plastic game holders, a car charger & a DS case in it. Pretty good deal!

Picked up two of the Xbox 360 storage towers at mine today for $4.97 each. Thanks for the heads up Punisher!

On a side note the clearance game bin has shrunk dramatically and I doubt someone bought all of those games as they were still too high. Do they send them back to the warehouse when they arent selling sometimes or what?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Does anyone have a google shopping link for the storage tower?[/QUOTE]
I checked to see if they had a :ps3: tower earlier and they only had Wii ones at my next closest Sears.

They had bupkiss at my closest Sears for clearance in general.:whistle2:#

[quote name='mitch079']It was a world of difference back then going from composite to component. The cables should work with a phat. The list of 16:9 480p/1080i games is here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_HD_support

Component cables - http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10235&cs_id=1023507&p_id=320&seq=1&format=2

Larger/smaller available depending on what you need.[/QUOTE]
Those would work, if the ps2/ps3 had standard component outputs.

... problem is that that component connector on the ps2/ps3 is a proprietary connector:

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Component-AV-Cable-Playstation-3/dp/B000MIXFWA

[quote name='mitch079']No, I meant that the PS3 cables would work on the PS2. The other components were for his Blu-Ray player.[/QUOTE]
Ah ... sorry. My mistake.

[quote name='flix1']Those would work, if the ps2/ps3 had standard component outputs.

... problem is that that component connector on the ps2/ps3 is a proprietary connector:

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Component-AV-Cable-Playstation-3/dp/B000MIXFWA[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Is this the cheapest/best deal for component cable for blu ray players?
The storage towers at another Sears was still all $59.99, BUT I found a display model Panasonic BDt-110 for $9.99. YES, $10 with a manager override.
The player was $79.99 on google shop about a month ago, but couldnt find it due to being use as a display with the tv. I guess when they move stuff around, they found it. Anyway, they had a small section with a Sign that says Extra 50-75% off the regular price, but the items had reduce prices from like Jan. The google shop said this was $50, but when they scan it, it came up as $39.97. I didnt say a word, and the guy saw the sign and did the 75% markdown with manager override. (the sign says price already taken off register in small print) That was so cool to get this for $10. Sure display, no built in wifi, and last year model but this has great reviews comparing to the BPT-210 and 310 models. Even at $50, I would got this hands down for a blu ray player.
Also, they have Phillips Ipod arm case with armband that scan for $5, knock down 75%= $1.23.
Please use google shop. My area show from $50-$100 for the player, so YMMV.

It looks like they're getting rid of the games section at my Sears unfortunately (though Google Shopping does list recent releases at full price) since it looked like even the vast majority of games behind cases were marked for clearance.

I grabbed a 360 copy of the original Left 4 Dead for $10.97. I thought I might as well since I enjoyed the second.

Also, I saw a Sony Bloggie camera/camcorder for $49.97. Does anyone have any experience with one? I should get something to take pictures with already, and most reviews I've seen indicate that it gets the job done, but does anyone have any hands-on experience?

[quote name='Raccoon2117']It looks like they're getting rid of the games section at my Sears unfortunately (though Google Shopping does list recent releases at full price) since it looked like even the vast majority of games behind cases were marked for clearance.

I grabbed a 360 copy of the original Left 4 Dead for $10.97. I thought I might as well since I enjoyed the second.

Also, I saw a Sony Bloggie camera/camcorder for $49.97. Does anyone have any experience with one? I should get something to take pictures with already, and most reviews I've seen indicate that it gets the job done, but does anyone have any hands-on experience?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Did u see how much it cost on Ebay/Amazon,etc? That price sounds good.
Also, this was odd.They were cleaning out the back room and found one Sony M2 8Gb Pro sticks, but scan came up item not found. The manager on duty look it up on Sears/kmart and try to sell it for $40

[quote name='The Punisher']Nope. Did u see how much it cost on Ebay/Amazon,etc? That price sounds good.
Also, this was odd.They were cleaning out the back room and found one Sony M2 8Gb Pro sticks, but scan came up item not found. The manager on duty look it up on Sears/kmart and try to sell it for $40[/QUOTE]

The lowest price on that was $0.97. Find someone with a pricing gun.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Scored a Heavy Rain for $6. Tagged as $24.99 but showed up $5.97. =D[/QUOTE]
Lucky SOB. My local stores are both sold out of the game at $14.97-$19.97 and the stores in my other usual deal hunting ground(Syracuse, NY) have it coming up as $14.97 on Google Shopping.:cry:

Visalia, CA:
All consoles and handhelds are gone.
All shelves with video games and accessories had small sticker tags with inventory totals on them. The tags were not on any other shelf in the electronics section.

No awesome clearance prices in the clearance bin. The bin just has outdated sports games and old music games. There were a bunch of :ds: Pokemon Black and White, but the price tag was still at around $30.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Lucky SOB. My local stores are both sold out of the game at $14.97-$19.97 and the stores in my other usual deal hunting ground(Syracuse, NY) have it coming up as $14.97 on Google Shopping.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Oh yea, my local Sears are the same way. I was shopping w/ my gf further away and checked out that Sears. Got lucky. :D I've been meaning to buy it again

[quote name='kell']Not clearance, but if you can find a mario kart dsi xl bundle it's $130.[/QUOTE]
:D I think there is one left by the Sears at my work. I had it checked a couple of weeks ago and it was full price. I think I'll bite.

How were the clearance DSi XL systems affected by the MSRP drop? Did they drop down to normal full price, out of the clearance cycle or did they drop to a clearance price below MSRP?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']:D I think there is one left by the Sears at my work. I had it checked a couple of weeks ago and it was full price. I think I'll bite.

How were the clearance DSi XL systems affected by the MSRP drop? Did they drop down to normal full price, out of the clearance cycle or did they drop to a clearance price below MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Its sad to see a blue DS Lite bundle with lego batman sitting at $135.

bread's done
Back