Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='shieryda']Found a few PS2 titles (Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Band Hero and some Hanna Montana game) for 97 cents this week. They have no trade-in value, so I didn't buy them. All other games still had June stickers on them.

Friends and Family on Sunday.

Dude in electronics told me that my store is eventually going to phase out all games and consoles at my store. He hadn't received the e-mail from Corporate yet, but he thinks it's coming soon and the drops will start happening then.

I thought my store would be spared from the phase-out, but apparently this won't be the case.[/QUOTE]

FYI, friends and family excludes video games (and everything else) this time around. It's solely on TV's 46" and larger and home audio systems.

Picked up a USB cable for the PS3 for $2.97. No good price drops on anything else. Saw Golden Sun for $9.97, but I already have 5 of them from when I got them for $5, so no go there. I would VERY MUCH LIKE for the 50% off deal to COME TO MY STUPID SEARS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Picked up a USB cable for the PS3 for $2.97. No good price drops on anything else. Saw Golden Sun for $9.97, but I already have 5 of them from when I got them for $5, so no go there. I would VERY MUCH LIKE for the 50% off deal to COME TO MY STUPID SEARS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Also picked up the USB cable at a non-local Sears for $2.97. Passed on a Move charger base for $5.97 (since I don't have/want the Move). Otherwise, the store was almost bare of gaming anything. Sad to see.

[quote name='elrobo8']The July drops finally hit at my store. Nothing worth noting, though. Everything I checked was just $1-5 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

None of the games were marked with July stickers but all games that end in .97 were 25% off.

Dropped by my locals sears to buy some photo albums for the wife so I checked on the games section. It's now 75% on all clearanced games. There was only one cart of games left to pick through. Most of the titles are shovelware, but some, like deBlob 2 for Wii can be had for $3 bucks or so. Picked up

:ps3: WWE All stars
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon
:ds: Wario Ware DIY

all for $8.95 total! Too bad Sears is getting out of this business, I will surely miss this type of haul!

The main reason why hauls like that exist is because they are getting out of the business. If they were successful at selling games, they'd be going for higher prices.

Went to a Sears today near the Best Buy I was going to and saw some great stuff. 2GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo for $1.97. There were three of them and I got them all. I picked up one last month for $4.97. Does anybody know how long they give us for a return or price adjustment?

Just to reiterate, 14-day price match (protection) guarantee, 30-day window to return/rebuy, 110% price match vs. competitors that have the game in stock or orderable (BBY deals of the day count).

My store also has the unannounced 25% off clearance games going on. So far the only gems I'm seeing are all of my pokemon games are ~$18 each. Black, Heart Gold, Platinum, et cetera.

Thirty days for return/rebuy? Are you sure? I mean, I know Sears may have slightly different policies than Kmart, but on the receipts at Kmart they tell you the final day you could return stuff on that receipt till.

It's usually been listed as 3 months for me.

Not sure. I rarely(if ever) even bother giving them my rewards info since it takes so mf'n long to get up to any decent amount of points by just making random purchases.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thirty days for return/rebuy? Are you sure? I mean, I know Sears may have slightly different policies than Kmart, but on the receipts at Kmart they tell you the final day you could return stuff on that receipt till.

It's usually been listed as 3 months for me.[/QUOTE]

On the back of the receipt, it states that electronics and a few other departments only have a 30-day return window. I've had customers shriek and huff over this fine print.

[quote name='shivan128']Dropped by my locals sears to buy some photo albums for the wife so I checked on the games section. It's now 75% on all clearanced games. There was only one cart of games left to pick through. Most of the titles are shovelware, but some, like deBlob 2 for Wii can be had for $3 bucks or so. Picked up

:ps3: WWE All stars
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon
:ds: Wario Ware DIY

all for $8.95 total! Too bad Sears is getting out of this business, I will surely miss this type of haul![/QUOTE]

Damn. I would love to pick up All Stars on the cheap. Lucky! :applause:

went to my local sears today and got guy to pull a hand full of games from the case for me. and chatted with him and told me that they will be having a fire sale in September and that all sears stores plan to have games competley phased out after September.

A Sears I went to today had a $4.99 table but it was all junk, Band Hero for PS2, Def Jam Rapstar game only for Wii and XBox 360 and a few other games that I already forgot about. All clearance games were 25% off though which appears to be not just that store since the Sears I went to on Saturday also had the 25% off and the games ring up with the discount automatically. I picked up Big Brain Academy for Wii for $4.47. It was opened but the disc and manual were there and the Club Nintendo code was unused.

This is probably YMMV, but I just found Pokemon Platinum for $6.97 and Wii Sports Resort with Wii Motion+ for $9.97. I say it's probably YMMV because Wii Sports scanned at $29.97 when I went to double check at the price scanner (it was clearly the right label, though) and Pokemon is out of the system (so I think it was a manager's discretion markdown). I doubt anyone else will find these deals, but weirder things have happened.

For reference, this is the McCain Mall Sears in North Little Rock, AR.

Got a PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset for $56+tax at Exton, PA. There was one more. Also a red PS3 controller for $22, but it was the last one.

Since I was on the way home, I went to a Sears in Orange, CA just to check if they dropped anything recently. Wasn't expecting much but to my surprise, I found Metroid: Other M for $5. Since I missed it out at Best Buy, I was happy about it. Seemed like they were "discounting" it for fun. There was about 3-4 couples when I left. So YMMV

[quote name='Olengie']Since I was on the way home, I went to a Sears in Orange, CA just to check if they dropped anything recently. Wasn't expecting much but to my surprise, I found Metroid: Other M for $5. Since I missed it out at Best Buy, I was happy about it. Seemed like they were "discounting" it for fun. There was about 3-4 couples when I left. So YMMV[/QUOTE]

Officially, Other M will be hitting zero value at the end of the month, so if they don't sell it, it's coming off the shelves.

If the copy(ies) of Other M are gone and you go back before the end of the week, then you could always buy it for $5 from Best Buy with their gaming blowout sale this week.

Couple of games at my Sears that don't have the new prices updated. Metriod Other M was there, but didn't bother with it, since I already got it from Best Buy a couple of months ago on their DOTD.

[quote name='Byakurai']Officially, Other M will be hitting zero value at the end of the month, so if they don't sell it, it's coming off the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I was at Sears on Sunday and they had stickers on a ton of games that were on the shelves. The stickers said the game has zero value and to turn it in if purchased to which I was wondering, why the hell did they put these back on the shelves?

[quote name='Blaster man']I was at Sears on Sunday and they had stickers on a ton of games that were on the shelves. The stickers said the game has zero value and to turn it in if purchased to which I was wondering, why the hell did they put these back on the shelves?[/QUOTE]

Most likely that was an inventory crew like wic or rgis. The sears employees are SUPPOSED to take all of that merchandise to the backroom afterwards.

Went to stop by my other local sears at the mall here to see if there had been any new drops..... Its completely gone. Its just an empty shell on the end of e mall. No more gaming deals at sears for me.

I found some Wii Points in the bubble packs at a Sears near by and they don't ring up on the price scanner.

What does this mean? Do they go back to being $19.99 or the lowest discounted price?

At my Sears I picked up Pokemon Heartgold (complete with sensor) for 10.12, Professor Layton and the Phatom for 10.12 as well, NFS:S2 LE for 8.xx, 2000 Wii points for 15, and they had a copy of DQM2:Joker for about 18. Going to wait til August markdowns before I grab that one(I know it's a gamble that it might not be there, but I'll take the chance.) Going to stop back next Friday and see if anything went down. They had a copy of NFS:S but it was more expensive than Shift 2 and they had the stock in a case as well, so I'm going to take a closer look then.

My store had stickers for 35% off clearance games and accessories. Unfortunatley they don't have anything left worth looking at. They did have a black PSP GO for $99.97, but I doubt the discount applies. Of course the regular PSPs haven't hit clearance yet.

[quote name='Blaster man']Did google shopping stop tracking Sears?[/QUOTE]

I came here to find the same thing as I am not finding it anymore. It's too bad because that was a nice tool, but given that Sears is wiping out it's gaming selection so much I guess it was at the end of the road.

[quote name='Olengie']They already put stickers for August at my local store. :[ Hopefully they do more satisfactory price drops in the oncoming weeks.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll look on Sunday then since that's the next chance I'll get. I would like Shift 1, just to have it haha.

I really wish the whole Google Shopping thing still worked cuz going back to the old way of doing things(actually going to the stores and scanning stuff to find drops:whistle2:&) is a pita.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I really wish the whole Google Shopping thing still worked cuz going back to the old way of doing things(actually going to the stores and scanning stuff to find drops:whistle2:&) is a pita.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My Sears is a shell of it's former self so I won't even bother going to check unless I see a price drop listed here or I'm at Sears for something else.

About the only things I was kinda keeping an eye at at the further Sears from me were copies of Vanquish and the Uncharted Dual Pack for PS3. But seeing as how I already played both UC games and kinda changed my mind on Vanquish due to gameplay videos I've seen of it, I doubt I'll even go back to that store anytime soon unless they have some sort of bonus clearance % sale in store that stacks with SYWR bonus % off and makes stuff uber cheap.:booty:

Cheap, you really have to play Vanquish. It's a great game.

So I went to my store yesterday and price checked 4000 Xbox point card in the clamshell. I thought the price was $39.99 so I put it back on the hook thinking that it wasn't discounted. I realized this morning that it was discounted so I went back to get it. Fortunately it was still there. The actual price was $29.99. I've never seen it there so it may have been a return or uncovered in the stockroom.

Funny, a lot of people rave Vanquish to me and I always mean to pick it up. Although I can see why so many people were put off by it. Lol.

[quote name='Olengie']Funny, a lot of people rave Vanquish to me and I always mean to pick it up. Although I can see why so many people were put off by it. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought the demo was pretty terrible IMO. I just felt off, the shooting, the scooting around etc. People say the real game is a lot better but no way I'll pick it up unless I find it 10 or under.

Dumb question, but where does Sears keep their games. I have two around me and have searched their electronics department and cannot find one trace of any game.

bread's done
Back