Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Gah! Didn't even know consoles were on sale at some stores have to go back tomorrow to check. Only went to sears to return something and went to electronics and got 2 move charger stands, 2 USB ps3 controller cables, and ps3/ps2 component cable for $2.97 each.

[quote name='danrowcotsky']The Sears in Exton PA is desperate to get rid of most of their video game items. Ironically, the best prices were on the items locked up in the glass and not the items in the Clearance bins nearby. Lots of the good stuff is gone now...I had to help out some family, friends, and co-workers.:)

3DS systems: $20-30
DSi XL systems: $15-20
DSi systems: $20
Many $0.97 games: COD: MW3, NSMB Wii, Zelda: Skyward, Zelda: Ocarina, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Batman: AC....
Wiimote with Motion Plus: $2

There was some stuff left after I was done, but a few co-workers were headed in, so who knows now.

I couldn't believe the prices or how calm the employee was while it was all ringing up.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics of the haul and the receipts. I still can't believe the timing I had. For all you doubters, I've felt the same way and this is the first big find I've had, so I understand the frustration. Right place, right time, I guess.
http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8343&pictureid=28156
http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8343&pictureid=28155
[I wasn't sure how to embed the actual pics. Hope this works.]

[quote name='danrowcotsky']Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics of the haul and the receipts. I still can't believe the timing I had. For all you doubters, I've felt the same way and this is the first big find I've had, so I understand the frustration. Right place, right time, I guess.
http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8343&pictureid=28156
http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8343&pictureid=28155
[I wasn't sure how to embed the actual pics. Hope this works.][/QUOTE]

Total beast mode! I would ship off those systems to Amazon. If only the clearance was good in this area...

[quote name='danrowcotsky']Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics of the haul and the receipts. I still can't believe the timing I had. For all you doubters, I've felt the same way and this is the first big find I've had, so I understand the frustration. Right place, right time, I guess.

When was this? Do you think you could take a better picture of the receipts. very hard to see.

That's a once and a lifetime thing for sure haha. I'd check mine more but it's such a pain in the ass hauling my kids out and into the store for a quick check. It's a little better now though since the play area is right outside of Sears so at least I can walk in and do that for a bit. Plus the employees there annoy the crap out of me for some reason...don't even know why they're always nice haha they just piss me off. Maybe it's because I know many are actual gamers so I feel like I have to compete with them and they're lying to me about things.

Damn it! Someone snatched the only 250gb hard drive from the case at my store! I've been eyeing that thing for 6 months! The employee said "there were 3 or 4 of them in the clearance bin for $23, or something like that." I nearly fainted right then.

DSi prices still holding firm at full retail. Kinect Sports is still $43.97.

peacewalker 9.97 and the rest meh in utica ny i did notice a new style of tag for clearance merch and that they where doing inventory across the whole store.is this a indicator of a possible slash coming?happy thoughts

[quote name='rennoc3258']peacewalker 9.97 and the rest meh in utica ny i did notice a new style of tag for clearance merch and that they where doing inventory across the whole store.is this a indicator of a possible slash coming?happy thoughts[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking! I'm planning on heading out there tomorrow afternoon. I'll report back. I'd just like to get a DSi XL for $65 or less... I won't go bonkers on the place.

The Montgomery Mall MD area is already clear out. They said they started the 50% off consoles last Saturday. :(

I havent check Wheaton, MD Mall, so the chance of getting this deal is slim.
Anyone CAG in that are let us know.

To the PA CAG,that was a great. The manager was probably on crack or something to sell the games for $.97 each and the other stuff that low of price. Maybe the store manager is planning on quitting his job? I wish i can get a 3ds for that cheap.

[quote name='JKSonic']That's a once and a lifetime thing for sure haha. I'd check mine more but it's such a pain in the ass hauling my kids out and into the store for a quick check. It's a little better now though since the play area is right outside of Sears so at least I can walk in and do that for a bit. Plus the employees there annoy the crap out of me for some reason...don't even know why they're always nice haha they just piss me off. Maybe it's because I know many are actual gamers so I feel like I have to compete with them and they're lying to me about things.[/QUOTE]

That is insane. I would buy one for $30. too bad those prices don't show online.:cold:

The cheapest clearance for clothing I have seen at Sears was $2.99 an item. This was last year. My mom and I both loaded up and we both got some very nice items. I have never seen items lower than $2.99, so to find shirts for $1 must be a new low for Sears.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Hey would it be okay to call Sears up right now and ask if they are having a sale tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if they're anything like the employees at my sears, they'll probably just lie to you to get you off the phone or just put on you on hold forever

[quote name='superhippy1986']Could speak to a manager....[/QUOTE]

reallly not a good idea for manyyy reasons... managers are underpaid employees too and more on top of deals to buy than the staff....

just checked the battle creek, michigan store. there was a lot of games on clearance, but most was just $2-5 off. no systems or controllers. there were some ps3 camera's and a 360 hard drive, but they were marked $29.99 and $74.97.

guy told me there, that all their markdowns happen on the first of the month, then it takes someone 3-4 days to get to the electronics clearance.

will check back tomorrow just in case.

Both people I spoke with from two different sears said they know not of a sale tomorrow on clearance video games and "if you like you can come in tomorrow or today and see what is available". So this magically sale tomorrow is beyond way beyond YMMW. So way beyond that you may not want to even waste the gas unless your in the area.

[quote name='DX']Any luck in the Houston area?[/QUOTE]

Every time I see this thread on the front page, I go to the Sears by the Wheeler Station on my lunch break but never find any deals! I tried to price match Crysis 2 from the BB sale but the lady there said they don't price match on video games (complete crap because their website has no restrictions, to my knowledge :bomb:). Anyways, I will try to see if this sale is going on there but I doubt it!

Picked up two copies of Black Ops for the 360 for $10.25 each, 1 copy of Battlefield 3 Limited for the PS3 for $10.25, and a copy of Zelda Skyward for $12.50. They were all sitting on a 75% off table.

^wow

Just came back from the one near me and only somewhat noticeable things I saw were

250 gig 360 with only power cable for $200
Zelda OoT3Ds 50% off
DSi XL with no cables for $84
3DS for $120 with no manual
"lol" DSi XL new for 50% off but it was off the 169.99 price. I just looked at the guy and shook my head
Battlefield 3 50% off

I went ahead and got BF3 just for a little flip, might go back and buy the others to flip as well if the demand in my area is high for BF3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ How long has your Sears clearance been at 50% off?[/QUOTE]

Idk, I rarely go there. It's only my 2nd time going since i've been here for 3 years lol. I only go when I randomly check this thread and see things that interest me enough to go. Last time I went was when I was looking for that cheap pspGO they had. Well over months ago, and they didnt have the clearance going on then obv. Some of the stuff was "managers special" tho

hope it's true, and they institute limits. I would hate dragging the kids out for no reason. would love a 3ds for my son and a PSP for myself.

^ Yeah I do too.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Idk, I rarely go there. I only my 2nd time going since i've been here for 3 years lol. I only go when I randomly check this thread and see things that interest me enough to go. Last time I went was when I was looking for that cheap pspGO they had. Well over months ago, and they didnt have the clearance going on then obv. Some of the stuff was "managers special" tho[/QUOTE]
Got it, thanks for the info.

My Sears went outta business. Ill do alittle "French connection" to help me get some of those clearance goodies I need Black Ops PS3, Wolfenstein, etc let me know what you find.

Thoroughly scanned the Sears in Chandler AZ last night (the one being re-arranged), and I didn't see anything else worth noting, however I do see that they have several empty glass cases marked per specific system (PS3, XBox, and Wii/DS), along with two cases marked 'tablets'. I guess this store is doing well enough to keep the games and invest in tablet inventory.

If there is a blowout tomorrow, it would be interesting, because this location has more game inventory than they have allotted the space for inside the glass cases, so we shall see..

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']My Sears went outta business. Ill do alittle "French connection" to help me get some of those clearance goodies I need Black Ops PS3, Wolfenstein, etc let me know what you find.[/QUOTE]

Building a time machine to go back to the 60's/70's and get involved in the Turkish/French/US heroin trade in order to score a discount copy of Wolfenstein seems a little extreme to me. Why don't you just ask someone to pick you up a copy? :D

Will hit up 3 Sears stores in Northern LA later because I'm in the area. If anything is cheap now, I'll let y'all know. If not, I'll ask about tomorrow.

Just returned from the Tri-County Sears in Cincinnati and the lady said, "We had 5 Xbox 360s with the 250GB hard drive for $145. We sold all of them yesterday."

fuck! Anyway, everything else sucked as far as prices. I even had the lady scan some games that were clearanced on March 2nd - according to the sticker - and they still showed up as the same price in the system. Whatever.

[quote name='Toss']Who does that?[/QUOTE]

I do, because the day before I had scanned a bunch in that bin and they all came up as regular price. The next day the sales clerk steered me towards the same bin, didn't mention anything about 75% off but instead held up a crappy game that was marked 24.99 (same price as the day before) and said..."See these are already marked down to 25 bucks...pretty good deal" ....but yeah I should have just scanned some.

I don't know why I torture myself by reading threads like these. I went to two more Sears today, had to run errands anyway.

One store had lots of clearance but prices were similar to what they have always been. The pink tags were dated AUG. I did find Mass Effect 2 for approx $9.99 so I bought that. Seemed like an ok deal and i've never played the game. This store did have inventory tags everywhere with tags on each cabinet listing total quantity of items and total value. Saleswoman was nice and said they had just started to lower their game values. I know they had clearance a few months ago but the prices were even more pathetic then.

The other store had a 90% off clearance bin in electronics with nothing in it but a Wii sports game and some cheap camera cases. All of their games were in bins towards the back and also had the same clearance prices as usual but the tags were very old. Some tags were green, some were pink. Staff was useless so I bought a pink tagged game as a test and it came up as the labeled price, no discount. I have a sears down the road so I'll just return it later.

Anybody know if there is any significance to the inventory slips or the green clearance stickers?

Reporting in. When to two different Sears store today one in Western, Mass and the other in Enfield, CT. The one in Mass had pretty good selection and a lot of stuff was on clearance but the prices were still pretty high IMHO. The one in CT didn't have much inventory left and the stuff they did have the prices were still not very low.

[quote name='Mendoza357']An employee said their going to have a big sale/clearance this Friday (tomorrow).[/QUOTE]

Is this nation wide or just the usual YMMV Sears BS?

[quote name='OcelotXIII']Reporting in. When to two different Sears store today one in Western, Mass and the other in Enfield, CT. The one in Mass had pretty good selection and a lot of stuff was on clearance but the prices were still pretty high IMHO. The one in CT didn't have much inventory left and the stuff they did have the prices were still not very low.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I've been checking the enfield one every now and then but haven't found any good deals. I'll pm you if I ever stumble across anything good.

Went to the Sears in Henderson, NV today. No notable markdowns. However, they did pull off older cameras off the racks and are selling them as is for 40% off. Prices ranged from 20USD to 72USD on'em.

They had four DSlites, so I thought I might be lucky, but the cheapest one rang up at 89.99 (silver). The red, pink and white were all 99.99.

[quote name='Jesse757x']Thanks for the info. I've been checking the enfield one every now and then but haven't found any good deals. I'll pm you if I ever stumble across anything good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I would appreciate it same here

just to let you know.. for stores doing the blowout sale, the consoles will ring up the sale price but the games will have to be manually overrided to 75% off. atleast this was the way it worked at the sears i went to.

I went by today and a lot of shovelware was on clearance, however I managed to find a Guitar Hero 2 bundle with the guitar for the 360 for only $21. I snagged that up as I've been meaning to buy a new guitar, but the prices of them have seem to gone up since they don't make them anymore. I also saw Star Fox 64 3d for $24, but I didn't bite as I know I won't play that game.

Went to the sears in rosevilles michigan and found games cleranced but nothing below 15 below the guy in electronics did tell me games and system are being cleranced but hasn't really started here and telling me he wants the kinect star wars bundle lol. I asked him if he knew if any sales start tomorrow and said he wasn't sure and just to check tomorrow

bread's done
Back