Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Personally i would go get the stuff myself. But theres no targets or sears even close to me. Also, i always negotiate a deal. Nothing is ever final. I say $20 because thats the first price that pops outof my head. In the end i would probably end up paying $30 - $35. Im usually fair. Why must you judge for what you dont even understand? No need to be so rude about it.

Also, do you offer to pay the gas prices for people who went to the store to buy the game you were looking for? Im only asking if someone could pick me up something while theyre there. Id gladly pay any shipping fees or tax that the person might need me to pay.

Gonna go to a Sears in Thousand Oaks tomorrow and hope for the best. Hope that they have some DS or 3DS on clearance, but if they have 360 for next to nothing I will bite.

There is no way that Sears will magically drop prices to 90 percent in the morning, you guys are basing all of this on one troll saying some schmuck in India probably who knows jack shit about Sears business other then the book of answers they gave him to recite to you.

[quote name='Solomon87']There is no way that Sears will magically drop prices to 90 percent in the morning, you guys are basing all of this on one troll saying some schmuck in India probably who knows jack shit about Sears business other then the book of answers they gave him to recite to you.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a grumpy daddy...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Never say never. So far I've found a $50 PS2, a $15 PSone/LCD combo, shitloads of pennied game guides and so many other clearance deals since joining CAG. I also got a 60gb PS3(albeit opened and without a controller) for $40. So it can happen to get a good deal.;)

BEFORE I joined CAG I would routinely check the local Kmart stores for clearanced games and picked up tons of stuff there too.:razz:

So never say never.:booty:[/QUOTE]

1. I am so jealous of the psone/lcd combo for 15 bucks.

2. where did you get the 60gb ps3 for $40???

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Personally i would go get the stuff myself. But theres no targets or sears even close to me. Also, i always negotiate a deal. Nothing is ever final. I say $20 because thats the first price that pops outof my head. In the end i would probably end up paying $30 - $35. Im usually fair. Why must you judge for what you dont even understand? No need to be so rude about it.

Also, do you offer to pay the gas prices for people who went to the store to buy the game you were looking for? Im only asking if someone could pick me up something while theyre there. Id gladly pay any shipping fees or tax that the person might need me to pay.[/QUOTE]
Nine times outta ten I go grab the deals myself if there's any of the items in stock. If there isn't, then I just view it as something I didn't need and wait for another sale on it.

on the time or two when I may look for something I want in the trading forums, I pay what is fair. If the other person has something they want, then we make a trade. But if not, I have no problems paying cash for something if it's something I want bad enough.

But I also tell them to not go out of their way to grab something and only to do so if they're in the area.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']1. I am so jealous of the psone/lcd combo for 15 bucks.

2. where did you get the 60gb ps3 for $40???[/QUOTE]
A guy was offering to sell it to the one local shop. They offered $20-30 for it due to no controller and the YLOD potential for the system. Thing is, I played one PS2 game on it, one PS3 game on it and one PS1 game before I packed it away for almost a year. The novelty of having something that could play everything I own from Sony systems had worn off.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I was thinking when I didn't pay attention to the touch screen PC that Kmart started selling a few years ago. It disappeared from the 1-2 stores here that had one on display without so much as even a mention on CAG of something like that hitting clearance.

I gotta wonder if they maybe stashed them in the back room and they're back there covered in dust. Now that would be a clearance score for the ages if you could get a $500-600 PC system for $50-60.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that fell off my radar too. But a few weeks ago I chatted with a electronics department manager and he told me how he found one in the back room 2 months prior. He said it was just under $200 and sold the same day he brought it out.

Hit up Sears in Torrance, CA. No drops whatsoever. Guy in electronics said he heard bout the deals in other states. He also said no drops yet in California but im pretty sure he doesn't know a damn thing.

[quote name='Big Skeet']Hit up Sears in Torrance, CA. No drops whatsoever. Guy in electronics said he heard bout the deals in other states. He also said no drops yet in California but im pretty sure he doesn't know a damn thing.[/QUOTE]

I pray that he is wrong.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I pray that he is wrong.[/QUOTE]

There is not going to be any national clearance sales. We have one guy, ONE guy that says corporate told him.....

[quote name='Solomon87']There is not going to be any national clearance sales. We have one guy, ONE guy that says corporate told him.....[/QUOTE]
everyone call corporate then

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Checked a couple of Sears in the LA area tonight with no real luck. Hopefully things will go better in SD tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

let me to get this straight. you freaking drove from San Diego to Los Angeles for Sears?

[quote name='Solomon87']There is no way that Sears will magically drop prices to 90 percent in the morning, you guys are basing all of this on one troll saying some schmuck in India probably who knows jack shit about Sears business other then the book of answers they gave him to recite to you.[/QUOTE]

Most likely the very ymmv blowout sale has already happened but the employees give you misformation that it is happening today :lol:

[quote name='postaboy']let me to get this straight. you freaking drove from San Diego to Los Angeles for Sears?[/QUOTE]

This one has the heart of a true cheap ass. I can't even bring myself to drive to the other Sears around Pittsburgh. I'll only go to the one 5 minutes from my house.

[quote name='BowserG']This one has the heart of a true cheap ass. I can't even bring myself to drive to the other Sears around Pittsburgh. I'll only go to the one 5 minutes from my house.[/QUOTE]

Which stores have you checked out in the Pittsburgh area?

[quote name='Romeo']Anyone going out hunting this morning? Any validation on the rumored national drop?[/QUOTE]
Yes and No

One hour until either disappointment (well not really, not like I'm actually expecting anything anyway...then again my store always sucks so many it's their time to finally come through) or some insaaaaaaaaaaaaane (hands shaking above my head) deals

[quote name='JKSonic']One hour until either disappointment (well not really, not like I'm actually expecting anything anyway...then again my store always sucks so many it's their time to finally come through) or some insaaaaaaaaaaaaane (hands shaking above my head) deals[/QUOTE]

Nothing will happen.

just got home from work, ill head to my local sears again to see whats up. If not ill buy another Battlefield 3 to flip(lol) and they had a DJ Hero 2 bundle for regular price that I want.

If anyone comes across any deals, take a pic of your receipt or something. Dont need troll posts in here.

You guys are investing way to much time into such a silly rumor posted by some kid days ago that no one has been able to verify.

[quote name='Solomon87']You guys are investing way to much time into such a silly rumor posted by some kid days ago that no one has been able to verify.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a grumpy daddy

[quote name='Solomon87']You guys are investing way to much time into such a silly rumor posted by some kid days ago that no one has been able to verify.[/QUOTE]

I think you are just trying to keep everyone home so you can score all of the deals. Your tricks won't work on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

[quote name='Jack_Frost']ITT: Days ago=yesterday

Also, the person who posted is a new member(last month) so im weary of him ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to walk into sears thinking its going to be a letdown like every other time.

[quote name='Romeo']At a Sears now, electronic lead says no changes in my local store. Just scanned a dsi XL.[/QUOTE]
What did it ring up?

[quote name='superhippy1986']You lie!!!! :booty:[/QUOTE]

Why would I? I woke up this early specifically to come and for nothing now.

The lead who does price changes says they've been told nothing of a clearance sale/drop.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']What did it ring up?[/QUOTE]

It's been $119.97 all month.

[quote name='Romeo']Why would I? I woke up this early specifically to come and for nothing now.

The lead who does price changes says they've been told nothing of a clearance sale/drop.

It's been $119.97 all month.[/QUOTE]

Read sig.....

Same here salem, nh. Had the guy scan the xbox, ps3, and wii. All prices rang up as marked. He actually said that this store was not getting rid of the gaming area just shrinking it. All games rang up as marked too(only checked halo reach and ncaa football)

[quote name='Romeo']
It's been $119.97 all month.[/QUOTE]
Can't say I'm surprised. My friend just came from one (they opened at 9:30), and a guy there told him the console drops happened 1 or 2 weeks ago even though they still had plenty of DSi's and 3DS'.

Could still be "nation wide" as in "nation wide for stores that are getting rid of gaming". Mine has DRASTICALLY shrunk the gaming section and the standalone Sears about 25mi away got rid of theirs a good 5 or 6 years ago, so I'm hoping they're getting rid of it. Headed over to mine right now.

old guy just made me laugh. I was cleaning out my car a few minutes before 10 and 75 yo comes up pulls on the door and grumbles "sobs out of business already?' at me. I laughed no they open at 10. he said fuck that and left lol.

Nothing diff @ my store (as I predicted). Funny two others walking around gaming area that are obviously not gamers. Grandpa looks like a checkers player and guido looks like he sells at the fleamarket.

Edit: I stalked the store for a few minutes and heard a sales associate say they couldn't help electronics dept cause they were on hold with a question about games. Then another person asked at the register. Poor sears workers are gonna get hammered all day!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postaboy']let me to get this straight. you freaking drove from San Diego to Los Angeles for Sears?[/QUOTE]

No way! That's nuts. I live in SD but was just in LA last night. When in Rome, go to their Sears.

[quote name='jedifrog21']Mine opens in an hour so I'll be checking it out then. I'm in with two managers so I'll ask them what's up[/QUOTE]

Figures. One manager is off today and the other isn't in til 1. Guy that was there never knows anything but I asked anyway. The guy that's in at 1 does all the markdowns at my store so I"ll check in later as in only a few minutes away and I'm not busy today. They WERE moving things around which concerns me, but hopefully other guy can give me the details

[quote name='Brash_Attack']No way! That's nuts. I live in SD but was just in LA last night. When in Rome, go to their Sears.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:I used to buy a ton of stuff in the Tri-State area while I was going outta town for work. Like, for example, I cleared out three Blockbuster stores in Syracuse area last year around this time of all their 90% off general merchandise clearance.:whistle2:# Sad part is that all three of those stores in that area are now out of business just one year later.

I also used to grab up pennied items like guides from various GS/BB/TRU stores while en route to places like Atlantic City or Hot Dog Johnny's up in northern NJ.;)

bread's done
Back