Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='gnatforeva']There are 3 different versions of reach. The only one that is 9.97 is the one that doesn't include the bonus spartan recon helmet. The ones that are 24.97 have this on the front cover on the bottom.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh OK thanks!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']A few hours ago, I got an email saying they gave me $7 for free!:D[/QUOTE]

Does yours say only for electronics? I was wondering if games and accessories fall under that category.

Not bad. Went to a sears I normally avoid and scored:

Deus Ex :ps3: & :360: $4.97ea
Portal 2 :ps3: 9.97
Mario Sports Mix :wii: 9.97
MW3 :wii: 9.97
Michael Jackson Exp :360: 4.97

~$30 after SYWR points applied. Gonna check my other locations. Really wanted a Gears 3 for a friend.

[quote name='NineH']Does yours say only for electronics? I was wondering if games and accessories fall under that category.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. For electronics. I plan on using it toward games.:)

[quote name='MasaTFC']I read here that it was at century 3. So I am just gonna hit there and south hills village, where I have had some good luck in the past.

Any of those wireless bars left? The gf has been hounding me about that for months (stupid cat likes to knock it behind the tv).[/QUOTE]

They did have at least one left, possibly more. I can't remember.

Some asshole old man that works in Sears gave me attitude and told me that the prices are already on the games then told me he hasn't even clocked in yet and couldn't help me. So I called him a few choice words and he went away. Some other old man in appliances checked me out. Obviously all the prices were wrong. I picked up Wii Sports Resort for 9.97 for the kids. I saw Vanquish for the same price. Mostly shit left at my Sears. I'll just keep waiting and see what survives after Christmas (if anything) and buy up everything that's left for a buck or whatever.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']A few hours ago, I got an email saying they gave me $7 for free!:D[/QUOTE]
I got $5, but I think it said it was for apparel. I forget. Do these bonus SYWR points actually work at Kmart too when you get them? If so, then maybe I'll go pick up a spare PS Eye for essentially free since I think they marked them $4 now at one of my closest stores.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got $5, but I think it said it was for apparel. I forget. Do these bonus SYWR points actually work at Kmart too when you get them? If so, then maybe I'll go pick up a spare PS Eye for essentially free since I think they marked them $4 now at one of my closest stores.[/QUOTE]

They have worked at Sears or Kmart no matter what the email has stated for me.

Went back to the good Sears and got Crysis 2 LE PS3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PS3, and CoD MW1 Reflex Edition Wii. All $10 each. Couldn't find MW3 for the Wii, nor Super Smash Bros or Donkey Kong, but still, not a bad haul.

[quote name='V Gundam']They have worked at Sears or Kmart no matter what the email has stated for me.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Thanks for the quick reply. I asked because I don't know if fellow CAG Romeo already snagged the copy of :ps3:Deus Ex that was at the next closest Sears or not. I don't wanna waste the gas going there on a whim to find out it's gone if I could just use it to buy another chatpad or PS Eye for essentially free just about, especially since I didn't like Deus Ex that much when I owned it prior from a Blockbuster BOGO.

Before I went out today checked my email and had received one titled "Don't hide out. Come back & get $5 off + Earn 15% back in Points!"

The $5 off was for purchase of $75 or more but there were no exclusions. The 15% posted immediately it seemed. Combined with the $7 one this was not too shabby.

Anyway you might want to look out for this other email. I believe there may be a few here not mentioned yet but pickings are slim in my parts:

RESISTANCE, 3 PS3
9.97T

PSP,NARUTO NINJA HEROES 2
4.97T

COD, MW3 DEFIANCE DS
9.97T

HOMEFRONT, X360
4.97T

CRYSIS 2, PS3
9.97T

PSP KZONELIB, KILLZN LIBE
4.97T

Perfect Dark Zero XBOX 360
1.97T

FABLE 3, X360
4.97T

ZELDA, SPIRIT TRACKS DS
14.97T

CLANCY, SPLINTER CELL 3DS
4.97T

MGS, PEACEWALKER PSP
4.97T

[quote name='Kovorkian']Saw this but wasnt interested in 3rd person shooter[/QUOTE]
That's the one I think Sony gave away for the PSN hacking with the Welcome Back program. I have it downloaded on my Go from Sears, as well as the PSP version of LBP and whatever other ones they gave away. It was nice since I have 3 PSN accounts, so I was able to grab everything from the WB program.;)

I got Call of Duty Black Ops for $9.96 for ps3. I had to take the game to a price checking scanner first to get the price. I took another 10 games to see if they were on clearance but only black ops was. There were a lot of Xbox games but I didn't check those.

Went to a few stores on my way to a concert.

Final tally was:

2 :ps3: Uncharted Dual Packs $9.97 each
2 :wii: Mario Sports Mix $9.97 each
2 :360: Portal 2 $9.97 each
1 :ps3: Dead Space $4.97
1 :ds: Wheel of Fortune 4.97
1 :360: Dance Central $4.97
1 :3ds: Star Fox $9.97
1 :3ds: Super Street Fighter $9.97
1 :3ds: FIFA 12 $9.97

The $4.97 Xbox Dance Central game has 240 Microsoft points in it. Not sure if anyone has mentioned that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got $5, but I think it said it was for apparel. I forget. Do these bonus SYWR points actually work at Kmart too when you get them? If so, then maybe I'll go pick up a spare PS Eye for essentially free since I think they marked them $4 now at one of my closest stores.[/QUOTE]

I see someone told you the answer, but I didn't know because my first time using SYW points was a few days ago. Yeah. I know. I'mma noob.:booty:

I actually had to find out how to find my damn pin # since I never set it myself when I signed up for SYWR. It turns out it was some eight number pin, which I switched to a much easier 4 number one.

No wonder I couldn't use the previous free $$$ they sent me.:bomb:

[quote name='electricsleep']They did have at least one left, possibly more. I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

Hey @electricsleep and @MasaTFC. Nice to see other Pgh. CAGs on here pillaging our local Sears stores. If there was only some way we could all combine our powers for good and mutual benefit.

the two sears stores here were oddly empty - it didn't look like they had been cleaned out, it just looked like they had a third or less of the shelf space set up in their cases as they did a few months ago. Like, there was 1-3 copies of most games, but only about 12 spaces for games in each Xbox, PS3, and Wii/DS section.

Managed to get a few copies of Portal 2 and CoD: MW3 and CoD:Blops for Wii.

Didn't realize how bad the CoD games on Wii had been hacked online. Hard to even play a match without someone using hacks. Too bad, they're really well made, considering the hardware and I like the pointer controls. Traded both in for around $15 each.

Sucks, went to my Sears, and finally found where they were stashing their clearance games, and there was no extra off. And it looks like Reach is back up to 29.99 not on clearance when I scanned it to find out the prices.

Nothing at my downtown Sears. The only update they had was a bunch of lame 3DS games. DQ Joker 2 looks interesting for $10 but I know nothing about the game.

Last haul until the next drops. Sadly I've hit every Sears around my area.

:wii: Mario Kart with Wii Wheel $9.97
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $9.97
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl $9.97
:wii: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 $9.97
:360: Perfect Dark Zero $1.97
:360: Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands $4.97
:360: Michael Jackson: The Experience $4.97
:360: UFC 2010 $0.97
:ps3: Mortal Kombat $9.97

I also saw the :360: 250 GB Hard Drive. I was hoping for a much better deal but it rang up $75ish. I can't remember the exact amount.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The online stock checker failed me. I was unable to find Mario Sports Mix but I did find a copy of COD Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

Google Shopping?

1/3 for me being accurate.

Crazy experience at Sears today. I go back to get :360:Darksiders since they gave me the 7000 SYWR points. I also wanted the Wii Play Motion bundle for $9.97 just for the black Wiimote. Anyways, I see a :ps3:Uncharted 3 and ask for a price check. Nothing comes up. Cashier asks one rep who says send it back to the manufacturer. Then he asks a manager who says "just give it to him for $5." I'm going to take this right across the parking lot to GS so I rip off the shrink wrap and what do I find? Well it's not a UC3 game disc. It's some used DVD. I take it back in and get a refund no questions asked.

Second time Fear 3 rang up as $14.97 instead of $4.97. I see both systems mentioned as $4.97 in this thread. Oh well, lol. Was gonna buy it just because it was cheap.

Got the last Donkey Kong from a place that had a number of them. ...For whenever I get a Wii.

$9.97(marked and scanned) Donkey Kong Country Returns
$2.97(marked and scanned) Portal 2 PC (not a PC gamer, but hmmm...)

$6.xx after that free $7 from SYWR

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='klimb22']Well it's not a UC3 game disc. It's some used DVD. I take it back in and get a refund no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

You are lucky that the person who gave you the refund is competent. I mentioned earlier I bought a Dark Souls with a blank dvd inside. The employees told me I can't get a refund since it's opened. I had to argue with them for a good 10 minutes before they relented and I got store credit back instead of the cash I paid. At that point I figured that was the best I was going to get so I just accepted it. They wanted me to contact the manufacturer for the missing disc when I tried to argue that the responsibility was on them for selling me a stolen/not correct item. I wasn't going to waste my time on calling Bamco so at least they gave me something though I think I should have gotten my cash back.

[quote name='NineH']You are lucky that the person who gave you the refund is competent. I mentioned earlier I bought a Dark Souls with a blank dvd inside. The employees told me I can't get a refund since it's opened. I had to argue with them for a good 10 minutes before they relented and I got store credit back instead of the cash I paid. At that point I figured that was the best I was going to get so I just accepted it. They wanted me to contact the manufacturer for the missing disc when I tried to argue that the responsibility was on them for selling me a stolen/not correct item. I wasn't going to waste my time on calling Bamco so at least they gave me something though I think I should have gotten my cash back.[/QUOTE]
You really should have gotten your cash back. If you're really fine with strore credit, then okay, but Sears shouldn't have done that.

Hit the Eastgate store in Cincinnati and landed

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Halo Reach

All were 9.97 and marked correctly with October tags (except Halo Reach which was still in the display case.)

[quote name='BowserG']Hey @electricsleep and @MasaTFC. Nice to see other Pgh. CAGs on here pillaging our local Sears stores. If there was only some way we could all combine our powers for good and mutual benefit.[/QUOTE]

lol I hear ya on that! I can send a friend request on Live to help start the voltron process.

back on topic, went to 2 sears in south side of pitt, no mortal kombat:drool:

dood at south hills village said he sold that last two copies that morning! so whoever bought them, that was a jerk move! Had a vita with 32gb/att bundle for 299.99 though.

I did end up buying my gf (who was NOT thrilled at all about the whole trip) $480 worth of dresses for 19.96. So at least somebody was happy!

[quote name='MasaTFC']I did end up buying my gf (who was NOT thrilled at all about the whole trip) $480 worth of dresses for 19.96. So at least somebody was happy![/QUOTE]
Hopefully she was with you when you bought them or that would have been one very awkward transaction.:lol:;)

[quote name='lostdecoy']Found 4 Wii Play Motion bundles at one sears but they scanned $42.97 :([/QUOTE]

Same here. My sears has 2 Wii Play Motion Bundle, but they scanned $42.97 and 5 Donkey Kong Returns, but they scanned $29.97.

I got the 7000 points email too. I ended up getting :ps3: Need for Speed: Shift 2 which was marked down to 9.97, so after the points applied it was a couple bucks and change. This was at the Sears at Ingram Park Mall. :ps3: Deus Ex (4.97) was cleared out, or I would've gotten that. They also had :360: Crysis 2 for 9.97 but I already have that. I didn't notice any Move bundles left, so getting one last month at $30 when there were only two left was the right move.

Went to the Sears at Baybrook Mall in Houston.

Was a bit disappointed on the Nintendo front as 1 DKCR was showing in the computer but it wasn't there. Also, no Star Fox or Resident Evil for the 3DS and there was a Splinter Cell and Zelda: OOT but they were ringing up for $20/$30. No Mario Party DS or Mario Sports Mix either.

Had better luck with the PS3. No Call of Duty or Portal 2 or any of the "highly desirable" stuff but I did pick up 3 games I didn't have for $9.97: GH Uncharted 2 GotY Ed, Crysis 2 LE, and Infamous 2. There were still copies left of Uncharted and Crysis. Don't remember if that was the last copy of Infamous 2. I also checked a few other things hoping to pick up items on the cheap but I had no luck: Little Big Planet GotY, Dragon Age 2, and some other stuff I forgot as I didn't get lucky on any of it.

Also picked up a 30 pack of CDRs for $2.97 and I was happy as I had been looking for a small, cheap quantity of those.

SI

I'm jealous of the CAGs on here posting great finds like SSBB and DCKR well over a week after the drop. I checked three Sears in my area the day of the drop before it was really well known here and I still missed out on the top tier pickings. Of course I know my Sears have been proactive in tagging as of late, but there has to be some closet CAGs and / or lurkers in the Phoenix / East Valley area that come in on Friday as the store opens to get the best deals.

Ranting and jealousy aside, I did get the $5 free email, going to see what's left in one of the stores to turn a good deal.

Google shopping is a lie! One store near my daughters school showed nadda online instore plus 30% off picked up

Mario sports mix wii $4.97
Professor Layton and the last spector ds $4.97
Homefront ps3 $2.97
Perfect Dark Zero $1.97

Prices before discount was a sweet find with sywr cert $5 out the door :)

CAG must have hit up my nearest store, 5 copies of Black Ops for PS3 gone in less than a day lol. I grabbed another for myself.

Also saw 3 of those PS Move bundles for 24.99, would have bit but I already have the Sharpshooter Bundle which I have literally played twice in the span of a year.

Alright, the gaming gods apparently are against me getting these games: SSBB, Mario Sports Mix, DKCR, Mario Kart w/wheel, Mario Party DS. I have been to many Sears stores and none of them had these games! I keep finding DQMJ2 & PL Last Specter along with the rest of the meh games. I did manage to find Ghostbusters PSP for $1.97.

I have been to Frackville, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, York, Exton, Matamoras, Moosic, Dickson City, Pittston, Wilkes Barre & probably a couple more in PA. And Middletown, Newburgh, Nanuet, Paramus, Dover, Wayne, Philipsburg in NY/NJ. Can anyone help me out with any of these games?? I have a lot of stuff to trade, please PM me if you can help me out. Sorry for the rant but I covered a lot of ground & I'm officially frustrated!!!

[quote name='shiningslade']Alright, the gaming gods apparently are against me getting these games: SSBB, Mario Sports Mix, DKCR, Mario Kart w/wheel, Mario Party DS. I have been to many Sears stores and none of them had these games! I keep finding DQMJ2 & PL Last Specter along with the rest of the meh games. I did manage to find Ghostbusters PSP for $1.97.

I have been to Frackville, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, York, Exton, Matamoras, Moosic, Dickson City, Pittston, Wilkes Barre & probably a couple more in PA. And Middletown, Newburgh, Nanuet, Paramus, Dover, Wayne, Philipsburg in NY/NJ. Can anyone help me out with any of these games?? I have a lot of stuff to trade, please PM me if you can help me out. Sorry for the rant but I covered a lot of ground & I'm officially frustrated!!![/QUOTE]
How the fuck do you afford all of these trips?!?!?!?! I mean Jesus H. fuckin' Christ. I certainly hope if you have hit all of these stores that you aren't clearing out everything else clearance that may have been there.

FFS Jeff. Please leave something for us locals and stay up in Milford. :razz:

[quote name='BowserG']Hey @electricsleep and @MasaTFC. Nice to see other Pgh. CAGs on here pillaging our local Sears stores. If there was only some way we could all combine our powers for good and mutual benefit.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, I'm down to help out fellow CAGs. I'm close to the Mills and I'm about 20 minutes away from Monroeville and McKnight. I usually hit up the Mills once a month and the other 2 every couple months. Let me know if you're looking for anything and I can keep an eye out. That would kick ass if you are in the South Hills because I never check any of the Sears or Kmarts out that way.

I go on vacation and miss one of the few clearances... If anyone is willing to help out it'd be appreciated. Mainly looking for Mario Sports Mix and RE 3DS. Thanks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How the fuck do you afford all of these trips?!?!?!?! I mean Jesus H. fuckin' Christ. I certainly hope if you have hit all of these stores that you aren't clearing out everything else clearance that may have been there.

FFS Jeff. Please leave something for us locals and stay up in Milford. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for him but when I had a job where I drove 40K miles a year, I had KC for about a 100 mile radius covered. I mean, you didn't know what direction you were headed in any given day but within 2 weeks, you'd have gone every which way.

SI

bread's done
Back