*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

i was just as the toys r us in roseville michigan (on gration and masonic), and i picked up prince of persia xbox, mgs2 xbox, and a ps2 dvd remote each for 50% off. also, the xbox lcd screen is 50% off (if no one has mentioned it).

the reason i'm posting, since all this isn't exactly breaking news, is that the guy there let me see a computer print out of everything that was 50% off. it was roughly 10 pages long. unfortunately, the original prices were so high on most that it wasn't worth picking them up.

funny thing is that there was a guy who was looking at the list with me who was buying games like minority report and whiplash but passing up beyond good & evil and prince of persia, so i had to do an intervention and help him out.

by the way, these games had "x's" on the price stickers but did not ring up at 50% (i'm not sure if this was mentioned previously in the thread):
-fatal frame 2
-xenosaga
-soul calibur 2

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='GameDude'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='GameDude']No go for the PS2 at $75 at the Eastgate, OH TRU[/quote]

1) Was it the online pack?
2) Did you have them "Total" it?[/quote]

I had him ring it out. He didn't take my card or anything. He did take my phone number though.[/quote]

1) Was it the online pack?[/quote]

oh, my bad. Yup it was the online pack. He told me to wait a week and come back. Who knows, though. He could've just told me it was $150 so tht he could buy them all himself.

XBox version?

*hoping, hoping, hoping*

[quote name='eebuckeye']I just picked up Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube for $9.99. I checked the PS2 version and it was a no go as stated above...[/quote]

[quote name='chickenhawk']Anyone know if Sky Gunner is worth $25? I saw a TRU that has this at $50, but I am pretty sure it would be part of this deal.[/quote]

I would buy it for $25. Great game. I happen to be looking for a copy myself... I may have to check out TRU after work..

I have been needing a replacement GCN copy. Thanks for the update.

May also get me a copy of VF4:Evo and KOF

got me some money!!!!

if any of your local Gamestop stores has Sky Gunner in stock, it's $15. picked up a sealed one a few months back ;)

[quote name='flizmo007'][quote name='chickenhawk']Anyone know if Sky Gunner is worth $25? I saw a TRU that has this at $50, but I am pretty sure it would be part of this deal.[/quote]

I would buy it for $25. Great game. I happen to be looking for a copy myself... I may have to check out TRU after work..[/quote]

Not sure about Soul Calibur 2 for the XBox, they didn't have it..

As far as R-Type Final, it rang up at $29.99... Even 50% would only make it $14.99 and EBGames always has it at $19.99 now...

So can anyone tell if this is YMMV? The employee said that people have been in the store all day trying and .. no dice?

I would also like to know if R-Type Final is part of the deal. Also any DDR Mixes, specifically Ultramix.

I just got the following...

Ikarua- 20
Kof 2k/2k1 - 15
Prince of Persia (Xbox) - 10
Silent Hill 3 - 10
Pac-Man World 2/Pac-Man Vs. bundle - 10

I'll be going back later tonight after work.

[quote name='waxHead']if any of your local Gamestop stores has Sky Gunner in stock, it's $15. picked up a sealed one a few months back ;)

[quote name='flizmo007'][quote name='chickenhawk']Anyone know if Sky Gunner is worth $25? I saw a TRU that has this at $50, but I am pretty sure it would be part of this deal.[/quote]

I would buy it for $25. Great game. I happen to be looking for a copy myself... I may have to check out TRU after work..[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for the info.. I will check out my Gamestop.

Ugh, my TRU is the most garish, unorganized, most depressing place ever. Just wandering around their games section made my head spin and my stomach churn. Super Monkey Ball rang up at full price too, so the sale's a no go around here. They did have about 70 copies of Perfect Dark, but I really needed to get out of there and didn't want to wait to scan one. Yuck. I'm not setting foot in there ever again, unless it's for the b2g1 sale.

Just got back I got:

Sphinx w/ T Shirt Xbox 6.50
MGS 2 Xbox 7.50
Morrowind Gold 15.00
BG&E 10.00

prices all after discount. One thing I noticed, when the games rang up, it said "promo" inthe lower left side of the screen. So look for that when the games ring up and if it says promo when the price comes up it's probably 50% off.

Anybody in the Dallas area try this? I'm thinking of going later tonight to see what I can find at half-off, I really hope this isn't YMMV.

[quote name='waxHead']if any of your local Gamestop stores has Sky Gunner in stock, it's $15. picked up a sealed one a few months back ;)

I would buy it for $25. Great game. I happen to be looking for a copy myself... I may have to check out TRU after work..[/quote][/quote]

Good to know. Thanks!

np, good luck!

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='waxHead']if any of your local Gamestop stores has Sky Gunner in stock, it's $15. picked up a sealed one a few months back ;)

Good to know. Thanks![/quote]

So, what should I say when I ask them to ring it up? He'll feed me some BS about it just being 19.. what if it doesn't ring up as 9?

I'm wondering if PN03 and Viewtiful Joe are 10 bucks. I know they had X's on them. Also, Golden Sun the Lost Age had an X.

I'm going to get Morrowind and SSX3 later tonight... too bad i work from 3-8.

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (XBOX) was $19.99 (not half-price). I'll have to go back tomorrow if MGS 2 is only $7.50. The hurricane caused my Toys R Us to close early.

Hey, a few more games I purchased today for $10 each:

Freedom Fighters XB
Pinball of the Dead
Lost Kingdoms 2

Looking over some of the other posts, it's (largely) possible that not all regions marked down the same games. So, I guess this does make it YMMV.

Do look over the PC games, too. Diablo 2: LOD, Max Payne, and NOLF2 would be $4 now.

-Hoshi

hey Nephets is that u in the avatar
and who is that cuteee ass girl in your sig

I'll reply to this in a PM so the topic doesn't go off-topic.

But, I'll be headng out to a TRU in a few hours, as I want to keep updated on this 50 percent off situation before I head out.

We got Pinball of the dead for 4.98, BOF Dragon Quarter for 9.99, Freaky flyers and unlimted saga for 9.99, and Pac man for the ngpc for 3.75

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone have confirmation on Freedom Fighters XBox?[/quote]

Crap, I'm sorry... That was the XB version I bought. I just remembered contemplating the GC version over it, and got the two mixed up. The XB version, the one I bought, is $10. I am certain the GC version is, too.

-Hoshi

Picked up the following at Toys R Us this morning. All prices are after the 50% off.

Silent Hill 3 PS2 $10
Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner PS2 $10
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando $20
Sphinx Xbox $6.50
Prince Of Persia Xbox $10
Marvel vs Capcon 2 Xbox $20
Exhibition vol. 1 + 2 Xbox $2.50
Summoner 2: A Goddess Reborn GC $10
Soul Calibur 2 GC $10
Ikaruga GC $20

Man! Freedom Fighters.. BG&E.. POP.. all $9.99 for XBox..

INSANE, MAN! INSANE! I'm only going to get one though I think.. and it'll be BG&E..

[quote name='KingNES']We got Pinball of the dead for 4.98, BOF Dragon Quarter for 9.99, Freaky flyers and unlimted saga for 9.99, and Pac man for the ngpc for 3.75[/quote]

Your TRU has NGPC games?... :x

Lucky you...Any more Pac-Man's there?

could someone check the prices for counter strike and rainbow six 3 for the xbox? Man,..only 1 more month and i will get my license so i can just go out and check myself.

[quote name='waxHead']XBox version?

*hoping, hoping, hoping*

[quote name='eebuckeye']I just picked up Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube for $9.99. I checked the PS2 version and it was a no go as stated above...[/quote][/quote]

Nope, the xbox one is still $19.99. I tried that one, but then luckily the cashier said that the cube one was on the list, so I picked up that one for $9.99.

Disgaea $24.99
Phantasy star collection (GBA) 9.99
Super dodge ball (GBA) $9.99
Demi kids ( only Light version) $15
The PinBall of the dead $9.00
. Hack outbreak (PS2) .$15.
ZOE 2 9.99

Man! Atlus on sale . what a day ! :D

Moto GP 2 for the Xbox came up 50%, here in Colorado (which makes it 19.99)

Otherwise, all my other finds have already been posted (SH3, Gladiator, ED, Onimusha Tactics).

BTW....Maximo 2 for the PS2, DID NOT come up 50% for me.

[quote name='suko_32']NGPC.....N-Gage???? Nintendo Gamecube Players Choice??[/quote]

No, Neo Geo Pocket Color... Although I can't believe it was still in a store.

Eh I got
Amplitude $15
BGE $10

The lady gave me dirty looks I think she thought I was going to make her price check all the games.

OK..Just got back from the Sterling Heights, MI location and here is what I got (all for Gamecube)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike - $9.99
PN03 - $9.99
Soul Calibur II - $9.97
Sphinx - $6.47

The guy let me look at the list and just to let everyone know PoP and BG&E are NOT part of this promotion for the GC.

I can confirm Super Monkey Ball, Bloody Roar, SpyHunter and Harry Potter Quidditch Cup were all on the list for GC.

[quote name='johnnyoski']OK..Just got back from the Sterling Heights, MI location and here is what I got (all for Gamecube)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike - $9.99
PN03 - $9.99
Soul Calibur II - $9.97
Sphinx - $6.47

The guy let me look at the list and just to let everyone know PoP and BG&E are NOT part of this promotion for the GC.

I can confirm Super Monkey Ball, Bloody Roar, SpyHunter and Harry Potter Quidditch Cup were all on the list for GC.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I was hoping for some GC love.

bread's done
Back