Official VGFive Thread

[quote name='slidecage']
just wondering will the time out feature ever be fixxed from allow people to tie up points forever if they wanted to ...[/QUOTE]

I'm actually working on a "put on hold if timeout" feature. This should be going live on the site in the near future.

[quote name='slidecage']can anyone get into this site.. its been down for me all day (maybe it hates chrome)[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's down for me too :whistle2:k I'm using safari.

Site is working for me this morning.

TZ, is there any way you can improve the checkout process - particularly when it comes to printing? Every time I try to print, my browser crashes and I have to print my shipping label from the email Paypal sends me. If you could use the same software as Goozex, which has never given me that problem, that would be great.

For the record, I'm using Internet Explorer to print. Firefox is my every day browser but for printing anything, it tells me to save a file.

[quote name='Cage017']Site is working for me this morning.

TZ, is there any way you can improve the checkout process - particularly when it comes to printing? Every time I try to print, my browser crashes and I have to print my shipping label from the email Paypal sends me. If you could use the same software as Goozex, which has never given me that problem, that would be great.

For the record, I'm using Internet Explorer to print. Firefox is my every day browser but for printing anything, it tells me to save a file.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for being late in replying to this, but unfortunately it's probably an IE issue. What exactly are you attempting to print?

I was trying to print the shipping label. There was a prompt at the bottom which I was able to get through so the problem doesn't come up anymore.

I agree. Being number 40 or so in line is not very encouraging.

The site is still working for me though. This past week I received Halo 3 and Duke Nukem: Time To Kill.

The site looks interesting, but I still prefer Play'N'Swap. I have been using them for over an year, and never had any problems with trades. 

It is also completely free to trade, I think Goozex/VGfive charges fees or requires some kind of balance of some sort. 

Sucks that it takes twice as many tokens to get games now, but at least the point values aren't increasing on a weekly basis like they do on Goozex.

Had 6 tokens for a long time, now I'm down to 2 after 2 trades in 2 weeks.

I find the point values to swing pretty hard on VG Five and unlike Goozex, I don't get an email telling me about it, so if I'm not babysitting my list, I sometimes get matched for a game that is a few hundred points higher than when I put it on the list.

VGFive continues to work for me. I received Lollipop Chainsaw (360) and it was complete with no problems whatsoever.

I was matched for Prototype 2 but it timed out. I'm also close to getting Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Mafia II, Lego Lord of the Rings, and Singularity.

got to start  trying to find some games to dig out if these  matches ship

says i was just matched with project x zone  (person is saying its the normal ed but a game is a game)

I find the point values to swing pretty hard on VG Five and unlike Goozex, I don't get an email telling me about it, so if I'm not babysitting my list, I sometimes get matched for a game that is a few hundred points higher than when I put it on the list.
I thought about this right after I posted. You are right, though. I have no idea howany points the last games I received swung since I activated them.

I hate to say it but I feel that this site is on the way out too. Rarely do new games become available and my place in queues never seem to move. Wonder what the next hot thing will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded a game to bring myself to 1,200 points. Six of the games I requested are 1,000 points each so I'm curious to see if I get matched.

One of the newly listed Goozex Exchange items is a 3,000 credit to VGFive. Right now it's getting higher bids than the $20 cash offer and the $25 Amazon gift card offer.

Posted by TZ last night:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Token requirements have been reduced for low-priced trades

taintedzodiac
about 12 hours ago
Hello everyone,

Based on your feedback, the token price of any physical trade below 400 credits (i.e. anything priced 350 or lower) will now required 1 Token instead of two.  All other token requirements will remain as they were.

Here's a summary of the new requirements for trading:

All digital trades: The buyer must spend one (1) token.

All physical trades valued at 350 credits or lower: The buyer must spend one (1) tokens.

All physical trades valued at 400 credits and up: The buyer must spend two (2) tokens.

This takes effect immediately and is non-retroactive to any trades before the time of this announcement.

Enjoy!

taintedzodiac

VGFive continues to work for me. Received Kill Switch (Xbox) and Metal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3).

I'm down to 50 points and 4 tokens.

I have 1300 points and 2 tokens. I really wish there were a way to cash it out as I have requested games that are "available" only to find out I'm 15th on the list and no movement.

I feel somewhat ripped off by the games I sent out as I'm not getting anything back for them now.

I recently received Assassin's Creed 3, so I'm pretty happy with that. However, it's the first game I've gotten in quite some time, and with 2600 points still sitting in my account, I'm in no rush to ship out anything else.

Since the games max out at 1,000 points, I like to keep my total there and try not to go any higher.

It also helps to look at the available games list from time to time (1-2 times a month IMO). Unfortunately, it seems like many of them are disc only. I've switched to requesting "disc + case" which was how I got kill switch and MOH (which was actually a full version; the insert provided a link to downloading the manual).

Maybe this new "1 token" policy will help increase trading.

I recently received Assassin's Creed 3, so I'm pretty happy with that. However, it's the first game I've gotten in quite some time, and with 2600 points still sitting in my account, I'm in no rush to ship out anything else.
that is why this site died.. people take stuff from the site but go o i got xxxx points left no reason to send something out

even a 100 pt game is better then sending out nothing

that is why this site died.. people take stuff from the site but go o i got xxxx points left no reason to send something out

even a 100 pt game is better then sending out nothing
I understand that, but I also don't want to get into another Goozex situation, where I have to request random bullshit just so I get *something* in return.

so instead just take and kill the site
The alternative being give away all of my stuff and end up stuck with useless points?

I understand it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, but I've pumped games into the system to get my points up as high as they are; I'd like to see something in return before I go throwing more of my games at it.

The alternative being give away all of my stuff and end up stuck with useless points?

I understand it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, but I've pumped games into the system to get my points up as high as they are; I'd like to see something in return before I go throwing more of my games at it.
what your flip rate (gave got) (just wondering)

22 out 20 in here but got some major good games so i cant hate the site

best games i got off the site

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom dec 2012 was the le was shocked

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure jan 2013 what came complete Sold the figures off 1 figure and game for 40

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity march 24 *few weeks after it came out

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D april 2 cheap gift

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate april 25 Sold for like 30

MLB show 13 vita april 27

and best

Project X Zone June 28 was game only

june 28 was the last time i been matched for anything on this site .. (wow thats almost 2 months)

have 4800 pts 2 tokens left... if the digital games fall i might just waste the rest of the points on PS1 downloads and toss up some more 1oo pt games

Number of available games statistics:

Goozex

2012-11-01    3811    
2012-12-01    3592    -5.7%
2013-01-01    2952    -17.8%
2013-02-01    2820    -4.5%
2013-03-01    2809    -0.4%
2013-04-01    2682    -4.5%
2013-05-01    2684     0.1%
2013-06-01    2675    -0.3%
2013-07-01    2635    -1.5%
2013-08-01    2470    -6.3%
2013-09-01    2317    -6.2%

VG5

2013-03-01    1522    
2013-04-01    1723     13.2%
2013-05-01    1422    -17.5%
2013-06-01    1340     -5.8%
2013-07-01    1185    -11.6%
2013-08-01     981    -17.2%
2013-09-01     806    -17.8%

How many of those Goozex games are demo discs?   Just throwing it out there since VGFive does not offer them.

I got matched for MAG and waiting for it to arrive. Ten days ago, TZ posted this:

"Just to calm some concerns:

There are a lot of changes/improvements coming to VGFive in the coming weeks. It may seem quiet right now, but we're listening to your feedback, such as the token reduction and breaking out digital pricing (both of which are already in place). Those are just a couple of the changes, although I can't comment on those in the pipeline yet.

I will say that a change to pricing and promoting trading across the spectrum from classics to brand new titles is the next thing that's going to get a major overhaul. Keep the comments coming! They are being read. ;)"

I just wish that items were getting sent. There are a bunch of 'available' games that have a line, which indicates to me that nobody is sending anything out.

That line description is weird. Even if you change the condition of the game you request, your position in line doesn't change but you might get the game faster.

I'm going to stay at 900 points and see what changes are planned for VGFive.

ive sent out four or five recently. got one coming for sheriyda.

tz. One thing that would help is the game database. There are still lots of games not on the list. Im to lazy to go to a different site and update my games there then go back to vgfive after a day or so and then trying to trade it.

monster jam path of destruction is a recent example. Its listed as xbox and ps3 but not wii. Is there any way to combine tge game datadbase with goozex. I never had a problem listing a game on the gooz.

VGFive has updated their site with new rules. I received this e-mail on Friday:

"On the stormy seas of video game trading, the tides have swallowed many a fair trader in the relentless pursuit of a good deal. We've been watching the tides like some sort of mutant hawk-parrot hybrid (with the keen eyesight of a hawk, but more at home on the high seas... with a gnarly eyepatch), and VGFive is following those tides to the new horizon.

First off, I'd like to announce that we're giving you free BONUS TOKENS for every game you sell at a price of at least 400 credits (digital trades excluded). Just get the trade started by Oct 24, 2013, and make sure you receive positive feedback. You'll find two (2) bonus tokens in your account once the trade closes. That's enough to cover your token costs on any game on the site, so all you need are the credits!

We've recently relaunched the site under a new trading model, and we'd love to have you come check us out as we complete our Open Beta testing phase and move towards the final version of our new design. Gone are the queues of old and the days where you had to wait to get what you wanted for your credits. Now you simply find the game you're looking for, click "Buy Now" on an available format, and your trade begins. As long as the seller accepts the trade (like always), your game will be on the way soon.

As a seller, you also have more options than ever. We no longer set the price on games, meaning you can ask whatever you like for your copies. If you've got the best price in the format you're offering, you'll be the first to sell that game when a buyer comes looking. 

We've got loads more in the pipeline, so keep checking back for more great new features.

Thanks!

taintedzodiac
http://www.vgfive.com"

I don't know how to feel about this. Seems like the asking prices are too high.

Agreed.  The prices for some of the games on my list are beyond ridiculous.  VGFive seems to be doing their best to drive me away.  It's particularly annoying since I sent out 4-5 games (can't remember) and only received 1 on the previous format.  Plus, this revamp has really devalued my points.

Agreed. The prices for some of the games on my list are beyond ridiculous. VGFive seems to be doing their best to drive me away. It's particularly annoying since I sent out 4-5 games (can't remember) and only received 1 on the previous format. Plus, this revamp has really devalued my points.
they should took it a different way and allow people to put up games they wanted and what price

like i want xxx and will pay 1000 for it. 10,000 for a 10 buck game is insane and will kill the site eve faster

they are trying to kill 99gamers taking their site line up. BUT they wont

MASSIVE update has rolled out.  Check your emails:

Great news! VGFive has officially made all trading absolutely free, given you credits for any tokens you had in your account, and will buy back your earned credits every time you make five or more trades. That's the quick summary, but read on for the full details and rules!

Free Trading: VGFive has eliminated all required monetary costs associated with buying games on the site. That means no more tokens, and no more out-of-pocket expenses when you want to buy a game. The only costs you'll ever be required to pay are to ship your game to a buyer (and soon you'll be able to use credits for that, too!).

Token Conversion: If you had any tokens in your account, they've been converted to credits. You've got another 100 credits in your account for every token you had in your balance.

Credit Values: We've seen the confusion about what a credit is worth, so we're making it easy: 100 credits = $1. That's it. You can even buy credits now at $1 per 100 credits. No more waiting for a buyer and feedback when you just have to have that hot game that's available now. With the recent ability to set your own prices when selling, it's easier than ever to get full value for your games.

Credit Cash Out: VGFive will now buy back your credits from games you've sold, in groups of 1000 credits. We charge 100 credits for the service, and give you $9 for the other 900 credits. The only condition is that you need to make at least five (5) game sales on the site and get positive feedback for them in order to cash out the proceeds from those sales. Previous trades (including those started before Oct. 11, 2013) don't count, so it's time to list those games! Once you cash out, this counter resets, so you'll need to sell another five games with positive feedback before you cash out again. For example: If you've traded out five games, and those five games were sold for a total of 8000 credits, you can cash out those 8000 credits for $71 (you can't cash out more than what you earned in sales since the last time you cashed out). All cash out payments are made via Paypal to the email address that you have provided for your VGFive account.

And finally, as a limited time promotion, you can earn up to 500 MORE credits just for promoting VGFive on your favorite gaming sites. Simply talk up VGFive's new changes (such as free trading, credit cash ins, or our recent switch to VGFive 2.0) on up to five other gaming sites (Sister site Goozex excluded) (Make sure that talking about us is allowed on those sites) and send us links to your posts at [email protected] for verification. Once we've confirmed, you'll get 100 credits per site you talked about us on (up to 500 credits total) (duplicate accounts excluded).

We hope that you'll find these changes make VGFive the premier place to buy and sell your video games. If you have any questions or concerns, we're always happy to help at [email protected]

Thanks, as always, for being a member!

The VGFive Team
http://www.vgfive.com

trading again!! thanks for the updates. Hopefully this will work. Thanks for all the extra credits as well. I used all my stash up. Now I have to list some more games.

This new format is good. You can trade for money. I think its going to be good. No cost to trafe now. They will make their money by charging a percentage of the "cash out" and by people purchasing credits

My 800 points became 1,400 points thanks to this change.

Now I wish there were more games available that I was interested in getting.

VGFive has gotten a lot better, it's finishing up a recovery--which is always nasty for a fake economy, has a nice new seller-set pricing structure and is now backing it's fake currency at $1/100 credits.

If you don't find a game you want--then take paypal credit instead and go buy what you want. Right now those high prices mean this community especially can take advantage by flipping in some bargains (there are some limits to doing this, 5 games max per month). But if you have say steam credit you're looking to unload or an embarrassingly large backlog you want to transform into cash to help buy say a next gen system--VGFive could help with some of that. 

bread's done
Back