Official VGFive Thread

[quote name='antlp89']

TZ used everyone as tools for his personal gain.[/QUOTE]

If you want to use black and white terms only I can't disagree, but I'm guessing it's slightly more complicated.

I wonder what people would say if Cheapy decided to sell CAG.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']If you want to use black and white terms only I can't disagree, but I'm guessing it's slightly more complicated.

I wonder what people would say if Cheapy decided to sell CAG.[/QUOTE]

just think if he gave it to me WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

o the nightmares of misspells and run on sentences would rule the net

[quote name='eLefAdEr']If you want to use black and white terms only I can't disagree, but I'm guessing it's slightly more complicated.

I wonder what people would say if Cheapy decided to sell CAG.[/QUOTE]

It's not the same thing. Those of us who are upset have money and/or games tied up on VGfive. TZ needed users to help fund VGFive and make it grow in order to have an active trading base.

Cheapy probably needed help with modding and administrating but nobody here ever had to use their money to buy tokens to use CAG, nor did we ever need to give up our games in order to be part of the community.

If Cheapy sold CAG, I'd be sad that the community might change but I wouldn't feel exploited because I never had to pay/give up anything to use the site. In fact, I'd say I actually benefited from all the free information I can get off of CAG on deals and whatnot. But TZ selling VGfive kinda feels like he took our investments and got rich off of it.

JP (TheGooz, Goozex) has an history of screwing his costumers. He's also a mod on Goozex as Cryonics (who happens to be one of the beta testers for the goozex exchange). Check the 8/22 entry below.

http://www.tnlc.com/eep/aw/history.html

4721.Screenshot_5F00_2013_2D00_03_2D00_30_2D00_17_2D00_02_2D00_47.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']It's not the same thing. Those of us who are upset have money and/or games tied up on VGfive. TZ needed users to help fund VGFive and make it grow in order to have an active trading base.

Cheapy probably needed help with modding and administrating but nobody here ever had to use their money to buy tokens to use CAG, nor did we ever need to give up our games in order to be part of the community.

If Cheapy sold CAG, I'd be sad that the community might change but I wouldn't feel exploited because I never had to pay/give up anything to use the site. In fact, I'd say I actually benefited from all the free information I can get off of CAG on deals and whatnot. But TZ selling VGfive kinda feels like he took our investments and got rich off of it.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter. Still, neither of us have all of the facts.

BTW, TZ did confirm (about the only thing he has so far) that VGFive.com will continue to operate and there are no current plans to merge it with Goozex. Token purchases still haven't been enabled though so there's obvious work to be done.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']JP (TheGooz, Goozex) has an history of screwing his costumers. He's also a mod on Goozex as Cryonics (who happens to be one of the beta testers for the goozex exchange). Check the 8/22 entry below.

[/QUOTE]

That is ridiculous.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in the Goozex thread that he also made about 90% of the forums invisible if one isn't a registered user and logged in.

[quote name='antlp89']I'll post what I said in the VGFive thread:

I think most users are feeling it because they helped TZ make VGFive what it is today.

Besides the trading and funding of the website (paid tokens), many users spent hours combing through the game database to report bugs and release dates. We stirred interest in the forums and helped promote the website free of charge.

This website really was a community effort and it's sad to see the owner throw so many users under the bus after they bust their asses for him.

Without the help of its users, VGFive would not be where it is today.

I think the worst part of it is that he took advantage of the goozer user base who had already been burnt by goozex management.

TZ used everyone as tools for his personal gain.[/QUOTE]

While I understand your anger, I just wanted to point out that it was mostly fellow CAG's that had their credits/tokens locked up today when you decided to post all of those fake offers. There was nothing making them miss out on actual trades except you.

Was it really antlp? What a douche move that was.

After thinking clearly, I'll continue to use vgfive for now. I'll treat it like Goozex, keeping a low point balance, and only trading when I know it's the best deal for me.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter. Still, neither of us have all of the facts.

BTW, TZ did confirm (about the only thing he has so far) that VGFive.com will continue to operate and there are no current plans to merge it with Goozex. Token purchases still haven't been enabled though so there's obvious work to be done.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if this includes changing all of the point values to match Goozex, which would make VGFive redundant and essentially useless.

This whole thing stinks on ice.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']That's perfectly fair, but I see absolutely no reason to involve my family in this. I think it's a fair request to keep the anger and backlash within boundaries.[/QUOTE]

You seem to think it is a-okay to bring your family into it when you list being a "father of one" as if it is some kind of solid reason to trust that you are an upstanding person. You're overreacting to a fairly innocuous comment, at least as far as your kid is concerned. It was pretty harsh toward you, but you've already made it clear that your character is fair game.

I feel bad for the folks who donated their Best Buy credit with the belief that they were helping to set the foundation for an amazing community-based trading site. Your reasons for ditching the community and site are really beside the point. What IS frustrating is your lack of communication explaining the circumstances. Letting people wonder on April Fools' was an added insult to injury.

I have been actively reading the posts on VG Five today and there we some discussion about sharing TZ's address from trades and things that can happen.

I am sorry but we are discussing a video game trading website. If you have invested into video games to a person you have never met, to the point that you wish bodily harm upon a person and their family....you are at fault before you lose your investment.

I also loved VG Five and despise the morass that was once Goozex. I am disappointed in what happened, but always maintained my investment in a artificial currency at a minimal amount as I will never trust anyone, especially someone I never met.

VG Five was special because of the community, not the principal owner. I just hope our community maintains awareness of their thinking and considers the words they choose. Because without a positive, solid community we are nothing.

EDIT:

There is obviously something more going on here than we've been told. The PR reveal was poorly handled, leading to a lot of backlash that could (possibly) have been avoided. At least TZ is still admin, so I say there's still hope.

TZ I'm still waiting for my account to be fixed so that I can edit my request list and leave feedback for other traders...

Until my account is fixed I will further press the paypal claim for the credits that are essentially useless to me at this point.

I'd advise anyone else unsatisfied with the current state of VGFive (unable to buy tokens at this point) to file a paypal claim against TZ.

The man practically robbed this community of honest traders and has zero remorse whatsoever.

[quote name='antlp89']TZ I'm still waiting for my account to be fixed so that I can edit my request list and leave feedback for other traders...

Until my account is fixed I will further press the paypal claim for the credits that are essentially useless to me at this point.

I'd advise anyone else unsatisfied with the current state of VGFive (unable to buy tokens at this point) to file a paypal claim against TZ.

The man practically robbed this community of honest traders and has zero remorse whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

As I've said before, there is currently nothing I can personally do to fix your account. Your decision to create almost 200 fake trades has apparently gotten you banned from the site, so at this point there is literally nothing I can do at all for you. Regardless of what you may think regarding remorse, I was trying to get your account problems fixed for quite some time yesterday, but you decided to go rogue instead.

[quote name='applecider']You seem to think it is a-okay to bring your family into it when you list being a "father of one" as if it is some kind of solid reason to trust that you are an upstanding person. You're overreacting to a fairly innocuous comment, at least as far as your kid is concerned. It was pretty harsh toward you, but you've already made it clear that your character is fair game.[/QUOTE]

I was asking for my family to be left out of this more in response to earlier threats against them that I didn't want to start seeing here as well. That's the context more-so than that specific one. Sorry if it came across stronger than that. This is my family we're talking about, and I'd hope anyone would react the game if their family were threatened (no matter how innocuous people may assume the threats are).

We are Goozex.

Open your queues, and surrender your games.

We will add your economic and technological distinctiveness to our own.

Your community will adapt to serve us.

Resistance is futile.

For the love of God, somebody Photoshop the Goozex dino into a Borg.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']As I've said before, there is currently nothing I can personally do to fix your account. Your decision to create almost 200 fake trades has apparently gotten you banned from the site, so at this point there is literally nothing I can do at all for you. Regardless of what you may think regarding remorse, I was trying to get your account problems fixed for quite some time yesterday, but you decided to go rogue instead.[/QUOTE]

He's also trying to play the victim over at 99.....and pretty much everyone is laughing at him.

Also to all the people bashing TZ, I was the same as you yesterday, but sit back and think about it. He's still responding to the people in this thread, and yesterday AFTER the deal was officially announced, he matched up to send three games out to people.

These aren't the actions of someone who got $$$ in their eyes and decided to run. I'm thinking there's more to the story than that, that for whatever reason he's not allowed to go into.

I was a little mad at TZ until I realized I would have probably ended up doing the same thing. I don't know who approached who here, but it's a tough project for a guy with a family to handle, and you have to consider their happiness when a reasonable offer is on the table.

I'm still annoyed with Goozex, though, who basically told their community, "If you don't like it, leave!" and then snatched up the sanctuary that resulted. What they meant was, "Our way or the highway!"

[quote name='chris100185']He's also trying to play the victim over at 99.....and pretty much everyone is laughing at him.[/QUOTE]

Got a link?

[quote name='PlowK1NG']JP (TheGooz, Goozex) has an history of screwing his costumers. He's also a mod on Goozex as Cryonics (who happens to be one of the beta testers for the goozex exchange). Check the 8/22 entry below.

[/QUOTE]

You so deserved to be banned. No one is on your side on either site. You created hundreds of fake trades on both sites tying up other user's points. You also made a bomb threat.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']I believe you got the wrong guy rictor.[/QUOTE]

Plow wasn't involved in the fake trades as far as I'm aware.

Hoping for some independent confirmation of this quote:

Tainted is probably not allowed to talk about it anymore but from what was stated in the chat room TZ was threatened by Goozex long before this sale took place. He never got into details about the lawsuits while I was around but he did say that they were threatening him with lawsuits. This was more than a month ago.

Anyone see anything like that in the VGFive chat? Or through any other channel?

I just want to say thank you to tainted. I loved vgfive and fully supported it. I made so e good trades and it helped get more game for my dollar.

It'll suck going back to goozex. It also means more trades here which are free.

What happens to our points if we have no tokens? I didn't buy any tokens after I ran out so I could build up some points and clear the backlog some. Luckily I'm only at 700 poins?

Tainted I wish you the best of luck out there and hopefully this site will have some a positive effect on goozex. Hopefully you will be involved with that.

Hey tainted so goozfive announcement says you will remain the administrator. Fix my 3 week old dispute pretty please :)

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I just want to say thank you to tainted. I loved vgfive and fully supported it. I made so e good trades and it helped get more game for my dollar.

It'll suck going back to goozex. It also means more trades here which are free.

What happens to our points if we have no tokens? I didn't buy any tokens after I ran out so I could build up some points and clear the backlog some. Luckily I'm only at 700 poins?

Tainted I wish you the best of luck out there and hopefully this site will have some a positive effect on goozex. Hopefully you will be involved with that.[/QUOTE]

VG5 and Goozex will remain separate but with a "common community". You will now be able to convert goozex points to VG5 credit amongst other things. Also, TZ isn't going anywhere. He will continue to manage the site. It seems he now works alongside the goozex team.

What wizardry did the goozex team employ to not only coerce TZ to sell them the site, but to also force him to work along with them. Explains why TZ would continue trading those 3 games and why he is still present answering questions. Good grief.

Goozfive just doubled what ever tokens were in your account at vgfive to equalize the new 2 token trade cost.

[quote name='Toss']antlp89 did you buy classic games overload for 3ds recently?[/QUOTE]

No, haven't picked that up yet.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']While I understand your anger, I just wanted to point out that it was mostly fellow CAG's that had their credits/tokens locked up today when you decided to post all of those fake offers. There was nothing making them miss out on actual trades except you.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you may have said in the other threads but I did not violate any terms of service like you are stating in the paypal claim I filed against you.

I did not accept any trades or lock anyone into a false trade as other users may have done.

You can try and make me look like a villain but it doesn't change the fact that you sold out the community and are profiting off of our efforts.

[quote name='bananafish900']Hoping for some independent confirmation of this quote:

Anyone see anything like that in the VGFive chat? Or through any other channel?[/QUOTE]

I can verify it but its my quote so that means nothing lol. I have no idea if anyone else will step forward and verify it. Honestly I don't see the harm it will do by saying it. Tainted was not under a NDA agreement when he told me there were lawsuit threats from Goozex and has never discussed it with me since. I like others have asked him what the hell hapened since the sale was announced and he can not talk about it which I am assuming means he is under a NDA and cant say anything about the sale.

So either Tainted was forced out by legal moves or threats that Goozex made to him or he caved to the cash offer. Since I know there were legal threats and I have known "known" tainted for years I am going to presume Goozex forced Tainted to sell.

Personally I have had some terrible experiences with JP (the CEO of Goozex) and have no reason to believe the guy has any morals when it comes to making money. Over on Goozex I was told to go kill myself by another user and when asking JP to moderate the other person he deleted everything and stated that everyone should stop their kindergarten joking. I asked him in the forums if he was going to do anything about the threats and he just deleted my posts over and over again and instead of responding he gave me a forum ban. I then PM'ed him asking why he banned me and and why he refused to take action. In response he basically told me to grow up and that policing the forums was no concern to him. I really wish I had kept those messages as they were insane. He took zero responsibility for the forums and told me to either get behind the new Goozex or go away.

After that all of my posts had to be approved before they were allowed on the forums. Barely any of my posts made it through to the forums and a week or so later I was banned again and I have no idea why. I then deleted my account and moved over to VGFive permanently to get away from JP and his hatred for me.

A few days after deleting my account JP went through the forums and deleted every post I had every made. Its like I was never there. I am the only person to ever have their post history deleted permanently over there. It was pretty hurtful as I was a member there for years, held many contests, ran the Goozlympics a few times and put so much time and effort into growing the community. It was hard enough leaving the site but then to have every post I ever made deleted was a real kick in the nuts.

Long story short JP is a giant ass and now that he has taken over VGFive I am done with that site. Thanks JP I went to VGFive to get away from you and you had to follow me there.

[quote name='antlp89']I don't know what you may have said in the other threads but I did not violate any terms of service like you are stating in the paypal claim I filed against you.

I did not accept any trades or lock anyone into a false trade as other users may have done.

You can try and make me look like a villain but it doesn't change the fact that you sold out the community and are profiting off of our efforts.[/QUOTE]

As I said before, there is a log of ~200 offers you made in a very short time period and plenty of users over there (many of which are CAG's) who had their credits tied up on them.

On a more productive note, let me know if you are still having issues with your Requests page. I found an issue that might have fixed your as well in the process. Thanks!

[quote name='killmak']I can verify it but its my quote so that means nothing lol. I have no idea if anyone else will step forward and verify it. Honestly I don't see the harm it will do by saying it. Tainted was not under a NDA agreement when he told me there were lawsuit threats from Goozex and has never discussed it with me since. I like others have asked him what the hell hapened since the sale was announced and he can not talk about it which I am assuming means he is under a NDA and cant say anything about the sale.

So either Tainted was forced out by legal moves or threats that Goozex made to him or he caved to the cash offer. Since I know there were legal threats and I have known "known" tainted for years I am going to presume Goozex forced Tainted to sell.

Personally I have had some terrible experiences with JP (the CEO of Goozex) and have no reason to believe the guy has any morals when it comes to making money. Over on Goozex I was told to go kill myself by another user and when asking JP to moderate the other person he deleted everything and stated that everyone should stop their kindergarten joking. I asked him in the forums if he was going to do anything about the threats and he just deleted my posts over and over again and instead of responding he gave me a forum ban. I then PM'ed him asking why he banned me and and why he refused to take action. In response he basically told me to grow up and that policing the forums was no concern to him. I really wish I had kept those messages as they were insane. He took zero responsibility for the forums and told me to either get behind the new Goozex or go away.

After that all of my posts had to be approved before they were allowed on the forums. Barely any of my posts made it through to the forums and a week or so later I was banned again and I have no idea why. I then deleted my account and moved over to VGFive permanently to get away from JP and his hatred for me.

A few days after deleting my account JP went through the forums and deleted every post I had every made. Its like I was never there. I am the only person to ever have their post history deleted permanently over there. It was pretty hurtful as I was a member there for years, held many contests, ran the Goozlympics a few times and put so much time and effort into growing the community. It was hard enough leaving the site but then to have every post I ever made deleted was a real kick in the nuts.

Long story short JP is a giant ass and now that he has taken over VGFive I am done with that site. Thanks JP I went to VGFive to get away from you and you had to follow me there.[/QUOTE]
Goddammit, this makes me want to quit too. Sorry for trashing you a bit TZ, I didn't consider all the possibilities. And I hope people lay off you if this is true.

Well, these VGFive changes sound a little better. I think as long as the community stays the same and points values don't change drastically, VGFive can survive a token price increase.

I'm on the fence about transferring Gooz points to VG currency. On one hand, I need more than zero points. On the other, I can see how this can affect pricing later.

I wonder how TZ is feeling since he is allowed to run the site again and how much control he really has on the site now.

[quote name='Cage017']Well, these VGFive changes sound a little better. I think as long as the community stays the same and points values don't change drastically, VGFive can survive a token price increase.

I'm on the fence about transferring Gooz points to VG currency. On one hand, I need more than zero points. On the other, I can see how this can affect pricing later.

I wonder how TZ is feeling since he is allowed to run the site again and how much control he really has on the site now.[/QUOTE]

Based on his actions over the past day I'm betting he has a fairly large amount of control. The big stuff will likely still be Bay, but I'm guessing as long as the site is doing well they appear to have little problem with TZ handling the day to day stuff.

I'm sticking around for now but not keeping a balance. Their long term plan must be to merge vgfive into goozex. It doesn't make sense for them to keep both separate.

got 3 games i love to ship out tomorrow BUT lack of games keeps me from doing it..

i have 4760 pts now and the main people leaving i dont see any reason to send out anything more until i get them lowered below 2000

now if i get what i want in 2 weeks when it comes out i be happy to ship out 2 games BUT I doubt anyone will sell the new game anymore

Though i did get

fire emblem (but they allowed me to back out)
EO 4 (what i still have)
pokemon mystery game (the new one)
and
castlevaina 3ds

all off the site what saved me 120+

[quote name='Cage017']Well, these VGFive changes sound a little better. I think as long as the community stays the same and points values don't change drastically, VGFive can survive a token price increase.

I wonder how TZ is feeling since he is allowed to run the site again and how much control he really has on the site now.[/QUOTE]

Price changes are still being managed the same way they always have been. There have literally been zero changes to the site beyond requiring two tokens for physical trades. Just to clear up that confusion. :)

Right now I'm working on some much needed improvements to the UI and usability of the site. Nothing that's going to change the business/trading side (at the moment, anyway). Everything else that's "changed" since ownership changed hands has been on the fixing bugs side of the spectrum.

[quote name='209chromatic']How do I ship a digital game? Can I just add message with the code?[/QUOTE]

You can either put the code in the "tracking" box and confirm shipment, or put it into a message in the discussion area.

[quote name='neocisco']So what exactly is the status of VGFive at this point? Are there still restrictions on what can be said?[/QUOTE]

VGFive is operating the same as it was before the sale. Tokens can be purchased again (although it now takes 2 tokens to receive a physical item, 1 for digital items). The queues and all other trading-related details haven't been altered in the least.

I'm still running the day-to-day operations of the site and helping when people have problems. Bay Acquisition Corp (Goozex) owns the site, so when you buy tokens, you're buying from them instead of me.

The "official" details are here:

http://www.vgfive.com/topics/515c81ad3c9127b588000065

[quote name='neocisco']Thanks but I'm getting an application error when I click on the link.[/QUOTE]

Site was down for a few minutes. Should be working again now.

I've been bug fixing today so the site goes down intermittently as I apply fixes.

[quote name='slidecage']SITE IS DOWN AGAIN for the last what hour..... i have trades i need to confirm. how can i confirm when the site is not even working.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't around to confirm if it was up or down, but I'm not seeing anything in the logs to show that it was offline. Were you trying to get to a specific page (if so, I'd guess it was My Offers)? If you're still having issues, I can take a look and see if it's something with your account.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']I wasn't around to confirm if it was up or down, but I'm not seeing anything in the logs to show that it was offline. Were you trying to get to a specific page (if so, I'd guess it was My Offers)? If you're still having issues, I can take a look and see if it's something with your account.[/QUOTE]

Thanks tainted I just keep getting WEBPAGE NOT FOUND and ERROR . was able to confirm around 11pm last night so all is good

just wondering will the time out feature ever be fixxed from allow people to tie up points forever if they wanted to ...

What i mean by this is (found this out cause i hit the wrong button few weeks back and wanted to ask this then but forgot)

Say you have

GAME A and there is a request for it ... with person B

You are then MATCHED and Person A has 24+ hours to allow it or time out . At least this is what happen for me ... If you say DENY the match your item is then put back into your Q for Trade but you have to wait 24 hours before you can list it up for sale again, BUT if you delete the item and readd the item your item goes right back up for trades without the 24 hour wait and rematches with the same person you had before

Meaning a person could list a game up for Trade.... Wait 23 hours Deny it... Delete the item and relist it (since they delist it and relist it the item is NOT LOCKED for 24 hours)
and get matched back up with you Meaning they could hold your points almost forever couldnt they

bread's done
Back