Official VGFive Thread

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Hey tainted. Any plans to add Microsoft and play station points? I'd love to be able to get ms points through vg five as well.[/QUOTE]

Possibly down the road. The one problem I see with this is that there's a history of people selling generated or otherwise stolen codes on sites like eBay and such. Wouldn't want people to be able to essentially launder these codes into games, but trading real codes is something I'd like to implement.

[quote name='Cage017']Woohoo! Someone requested my copy of Bulletstorm.

Now if only I can get a game with the points I've earned so far.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting something you want to play. So far, I've sent out 5 games, and received 3 in about 3 weeks as a member. I had to put all of my requests on hold because my backlog is getting too big.

I really wish that codes didn't have the same listing as physical games. 1000 points for a code might be high, while it might be a steal for the physical discs.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I really wish that codes didn't have the same listing as physical games. 1000 points for a code might be high, while it might be a steal for the physical discs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's also kind of annoying since people list things like PS3 downloads for PS1 games. There should probably be separate listings at least for things like that where the digital code obviously won't work with a PS1.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I really wish that codes didn't have the same listing as physical games. 1000 points for a code might be high, while it might be a steal for the physical discs.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering the options as far as keeping the listings the same but allowing for differences in price between physical and digital versions. More on this is coming, but for now it's going to be one listing until then. Thanks for the input!

I agree with this sentiment... they should be separate and should have different values.

TheGamesDB is missing a very high amount of Xbox games. I've come across at least 20 games that will require me to enter them there before I can enter them on VG5.

I received yet another game request and I'm currently at 800 points.

Games sent out: 4 (soon to be 5)

Games received: 0 (First in line for a PS3 and an Xbox 360 game)

Not bad since joining VGFive a month ago.

Hey tainted I've reached the over 100 feedback but my points from trades are not activating until game is received. Do I need to do something eles for this to take place?

My account is mrhockey66

might have to start sending crap in again

down to 5000 pts and 6 tokens

so far
SENT 9
Got 11....

best of the bunch so far had to be spyro adventure... broke it apart and sold it for 50 :) allow me to buy more games to send in

Idea how much points have changed

Stuff i sent out .... LOST 2450 pts then what i got from them
Stuff i got COST 700 pts more then what i paid ...

shocked how this site seems to be booming while 99 is almost dead

Update:

I received my first tip for a game trade. That makes 5 games sent out.

And I was matched for my first game: Child of Eden (360). It was shipped on the same day.

Compare that to Goozex where I was matched for two games. One timed out and the other is pending (but will probably time out if the seller doesn't reply with shipping confirmation).

Was comfortable at 1800 points then matched for Lego Batman 2 (probably a flip from Gamefly) and Rayman Origins in the last 24 hours. Scrambling to find stuff to send to get back to 1000+ (MLB 12 and Enslaved)

Site just hit 3000 trades total.

Child of Eden arrived and plays perfectly. Case and manual were in mint condition.

So I was going through my backlog and I found a sealed 2-pack of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (Gamecube). I noticed it is not listed at VGFive, but they are listed separately. Am I better off offering each game on their own?

[quote name='Cage017']Child of Eden arrived and plays perfectly. Case and manual were in mint condition.

So I was going through my backlog and I found a sealed 2-pack of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (Gamecube). I noticed it is not listed at VGFive, but they are listed separately. Am I better off offering each game on their own?[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for a copy of that two pack. If you're interested in trading it, CML.

I hate to hijack this thread, but your PM box is full.:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']I've been looking for a copy of that two pack. If you're interested in trading it, CML.

I hate to hijack this thread, but your PM box is full.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Argh, I hate when that happens. PM box is fixed now.

It's funny that you showed an interest because I was saving up stuff for a future lowball. Try sending that PM again and we may be able to do a trade or two.

BTW, did the drawing for the Wii U sweepstakes happen yet?

[quote name='neocisco']TheGamesDB is missing a very high amount of Xbox games. I've come across at least 20 games that will require me to enter them there before I can enter them on VG5.[/QUOTE]

I entered 4 games on Friday night (3 x 360, 1 x Xbox), and the VGFive site still doesn't have them listed. Do they pull from the database over the weekend?

I just got matched for Ni no Kuni. I was listed as 4th in line, so it came as a bit of a pleasant surprise. Nearly wiped out my points...oh well, time to activate a few more offers.

So, for the prize for the childs play raffle, are those $20 credits just good towards the $1 trade fee or can it actually be used to buy games?

[quote name='jer7583']So, for the prize for the childs play raffle, are those $20 credits just good towards the $1 trade fee or can it actually be used to buy games?[/QUOTE]

since the owner gave them they will probally put 2000 pts into your account or give you 20 tokens

[quote name='jer7583']So, for the prize for the childs play raffle, are those $20 credits just good towards the $1 trade fee or can it actually be used to buy games?[/QUOTE]

Details on that will be sent to the winners shortly. It's a combination of tokens and credits.

I like this service a lot but it doesn't seem like a lot of current gen games are available or being added. Is everyone else getting a lot of matches?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I like this service a lot but it doesn't seem like a lot of current gen games are available or being added. Is everyone else getting a lot of matches?[/QUOTE]

i only do handheld and got

something like SENT 9 out and got 10 back.... i did get matched for bigger games as well fire emblem for the 3ds but i asked for it to be cancelled due to the insane amount of blocks the DLC took

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I like this service a lot but it doesn't seem like a lot of current gen games are available or being added. Is everyone else getting a lot of matches?[/QUOTE]

Someone is offering :ps3: Aliens: Colonial Marines already.

I've gotten a couple that are recent releases. Hitman Absolution, Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs -- and Midway Arcade Origins just arrived today.

Overall it's working quite well for me so far. As soon as I get a decent amount of credits banked, I get matched. Most surprising is that Vita games are actually trading.

As for games being added to the database, anyone with an account at thegamesdb.net can do that. There is a thread for requests and others are kind enough to do the dirty work. Takes 5 minutes tops for each one.

I'm 13 out 13 in. 90% Xbox 360. I've traded snes, GameCube, wii, ps2, and a bunch of 360. I can't keep points in or get a stockpile going. As soon as my points hit I get matched for another game on my list.

Congratulations on the Wii U win. I'm jealous; in fact, I'm jealous to anyone who has a Wii U.

Over 3,300 trades at VGFive right now.

Still enjoying the site, I've received 7 games this month so far and was matched for another one this morning.

Surprisingly I was matched up for Halo 4 on goozex (from a veteran user) so for the time being I will probably juggle both sites. Most of the good stuff I send out has gone to and will continue to go to VGFive. :D

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I'm really enjoying it. Pretty much instant trades as I get points.[/QUOTE]

I concur.

I was #6 in line for Lego Batman 2, but got matched with a couple days of getting enough points for it. I don't have enough points for anything else now, but I suppose that's okay considering the backlog I have now. I tried to get some $0.99 PS2 games from the BB sale in order to pad my point supply, but they don't have anything I'm looking for.

Is there something wrong with the site upading with The GamesDB? I updated a few games with release dates and added a few but they haven't been updated on VGFive even after a couple of days.

[quote name='Vinny']Is there something wrong with the site upading with The GamesDB? I updated a few games with release dates and added a few but they haven't been updated on VGFive even after a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

I need to look into this. You're the third person in the past couple days to mention it. I'm guessing TheGamesDB might have changed something.

something wrong with trades?

had something i though i had on hold it went active.

ususally there is a way to try to ask to cancel trade but its nowhere to be seen

[quote name='slidecage']something wrong with trades?

had something i though i had on hold it went active.

ususally there is a way to try to ask to cancel trade but its nowhere to be seen[/QUOTE]

I guess I was the one who got slidecaged this time... ;)

[quote name='sabanoo']I guess I was the one who got slidecaged this time... ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks if it was you.... found out the kids already had it.... would of just reflipped it if you already sent it....

[quote name='sabanoo']I guess I was the one who got slidecaged this time... ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks for cancelling it if it was you i think it was.... found out one of their younger sisters requested it not nowing they already had it.

would of always just flipped it back if it was already sent

thanks again for cancelling .

and now changing my password :) due to the fact i have 2 games on there that are bday gifts and she better not open her big mouth LOL

For the past few weeks, I have been in a stuck position.

Request-wise, I am #1 in line for Lego Star Wars III but no one is offering. If I had 400 more points, I could probably get Silent Hill Downpour as I'm constantly second in line for it.

Offer-wise, I have been second in line to send both God of War and Ratchet and Clank. I think the PS2 games are too old that no one wants them.

VGFive has reached 4,000 trades.

Since I bought Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox two weeks ago, I offered the first game and was matched immediately. Game arrived and the buyer included a tip. The next day I was matched for Silent Hill: Downpour which was confirmed for shipping today. This now brings my points total to .....

zero.

VGFive wiped me out. Time to dig into the backlog.

[quote name='Cage017']VGFive has reached 4,000 trades.

Since I bought Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox two weeks ago, I offered the first game and was matched immediately. Game arrived and the buyer included a tip. The next day I was matched for Silent Hill: Downpour which was confirmed for shipping today. This now brings my points total to .....

zero.

VGFive wiped me out. Time to dig into the backlog.[/QUOTE]

i got 5200 but i hope to be first or 2nd in line for monster hunter and pokemon for the 3ds... will knock me down to 1200

already got matched for fire emblem (was 3rd in line) and Odyssy 4 was first in line

figure dump off 2 or 3 old games i never play for 2000pts grab a new game i would spent 40 on is a good flip

bread's done
Back