Official VGFive Thread

I've moved over from Goozex and am looking forward to using this for a long time to come. Currently I only have two games willing to trade but i'm working on my backlog to increase that.

Really hope this becomes what Goozex used to be.

Wii U contest? Ok, I'll give VGFive a shot.

Question: A couple of games that I want to offer have Gamestop stickers on the insert jackets. Should I offer those as "original case/package" or play it safe and list them as "all original discs"?

I don't get why it should matter... we're trading used games here, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect games with stickers on them as not everyone buys only new games.

Now, if you tried to remove the stickers and damaged the insert or if there's some notable damage on teh insert (or anything outside of the disc), then I'd ask the buyer for his/her approval.

[quote name='Cage017']Wii U contest? Ok, I'll give VGFive a shot.

Question: A couple of games that I want to offer have Gamestop stickers on the insert jackets. Should I offer those as "original case/package" or play it safe and list them as "all original discs"?[/QUOTE]

As long as the stickers aren't on the discs themselves, you're fine. The worst a buyer can do it give you "Good Trade" feedback if they think the stickers detract from the overall condition. That means you only get 5 feedback score instead of 10, but it doesn't affect your account in any other way.

There is no problem with searching for fashion advice. It can be only all-natural to wish to look excellent. With all the diverse apparel alternatives, occasionally it could be rather overwhelming when you are searching for the garments which make you gaze your greatest. Use the information and facts provided here and you will attire to thrill.uk ugg Necessities such as second pair which i own. They keep my feet warm. They can be durable. The are happy. I love them! .

There exists nothing wrong with asking your pals to use their garments. It is possible to borrow their clothes to discover what kind of closet may well seem healthy for you.My first couple of Uggs has produced a believer outside of me! Necessities such as most comfortable boot I have ever worn. I'm sure I need moobs in every color! uk ugg boots . This is an excellent way to find out if a friend's design is useful for you and also if you are secure modifying your recent type.

Clothing are constantly transforming, so search for some elementary pieces of garments that you could add to and create a change. A great installing couple of black colored trousers are definitely the basic appear it is possible to dress up or outfit down, and also use in summer or through the winter season.

In order to make sure you could match the most recent fashion trends you are going to want to make certain that you are as thin as you possibly can.you will never go wrong with uggs!..comfy and snug! i bought one to me and my son anf the husband loves it as much! Ugg Boots Sale . Exercise and dieting so you don't really feel embarrassed as you can't fit into some of the most up-to-date tendencies that it season's style offers you.

Seeking fantastic lacks to be very expensive. If you would like build your closet but don't possess the resources to obtain the seem you're soon after, take a look at the local thrift and consignment retailers. These stores supply various trend possibilities at a small part of their retail price.

Add-ons are your best friend. You can take any old clothing that will be rather uninteresting or simple by itself and attire it with incredible add-ons.The UGG came to time and were just like described. I will recommend to my pals to buy their UGG Ugg Boots Sale . Add more the right diamond necklace or brooch to some very little black outfit, and you've considered that LBD from regular to awesome in 2 moments toned.

One particular essential little design advice is to be sure that you usually bring along some urgent style equipment. This is important in the event you have to get a blemish out, in the event you burst a control button, or create stains from deodorant. Always have a minimum of a couple of items for example adhesive tape or safety pins readily available.

Get the design groove rear by applying the information in this article. The ideas presented in this article can help you look really good and assist you to keep in mind why you like getting dressed effectively. Handle the stores again, this time renewed and packed with all new ideas. You are going to look fantastic! Cheap Ugg Boots Sale I really like my Uggs. When I first saw people putting them on, I thought these folks were funny looking, in case I purchased manboobs, I fell for each other. I don't want to take them of. Your feet don't sweat and they're so comfy. I wore mine last winter outside and in addition they still look fantastic. I will soon buy another pair to make sure I always have one! My daughter owns a couple the sweater type UGG and then she loves hers too. .

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']About how long does it take for a game to be tradeable after updating its respective page on TheGamesDB?[/QUOTE]

Sometime the following morning. Also if you are in the Goozex IRC chat and tainted is there, he can do a manual pull for you if you need one. :)

[quote name='G-Nitro']Sometime the following morning. Also if you are in the Goozex IRC chat and tainted is there, he can do a manual pull for you if you need one. :)[/QUOTE]
Cool. Thanks.

Sure enough, both games were ready to request as of this afternoon.

I'd also rep a VGFive sig. If possible it would be cool if you could make it like the goozex one to show the games received and games sent stats.

Not priority #1 but it might help spread the word about the website.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't get why it should matter... we're trading used games here, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect games with stickers on them as not everyone buys only new games.

Now, if you tried to remove the stickers and damaged the insert or if there's some notable damage on teh insert (or anything outside of the disc), then I'd ask the buyer for his/her approval.[/QUOTE]

I dare not ruin the jackets so I didn't try ripping the labels off.
I wasn't aware you can ask for approval first so I will definitely do that. Thanks.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']As long as the stickers aren't on the discs themselves, you're fine. The worst a buyer can do it give you "Good Trade" feedback if they think the stickers detract from the overall condition. That means you only get 5 feedback score instead of 10, but it doesn't affect your account in any other way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and list them with case then. Amazing how much your position in line moves up when you activate requests.

BTW, I tried to add "Enter the Matrix" for Xbox as an offer and the game doesn't show up under search. Only the Gamecube and PS2 versions appear.

The site just went over 1000 trades! Congrats TZ.

[quote name='Cage017']I dare not ruin the jackets so I didn't try ripping the labels off.
I wasn't aware you can ask for approval first so I will definitely do that. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and list them with case then. Amazing how much your position in line moves up when you activate requests.

BTW, I tried to add "Enter the Matrix" for Xbox as an offer and the game doesn't show up under search. Only the Gamecube and PS2 versions appear.[/QUOTE]

The site uses TheGamesDB, which is a user operated datebase of games. I updated it with the XB version, it should show up within 24 hours.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I'm loving trading again!

Any plans in the works to add forum tags like goozex has? I proudly sport a VG five tag in my sig.[/QUOTE]

They're coming at some point. Thanks!

Latest update:

Once you've obtained a feedback score of 100 or higher (that's 10 excellent feedbacks as a seller), you will qualify for instant credits upon shipment of your outgoing games. You'll no longer have to wait for feedback before you get your credits.

If you already have 100 feedback as of this post, your account is enabled for this already.

For anyone reaching 100 feedback in the future, I need to review individual accounts and authorize them for this to take effect, in order to prevent scams. You can contact me on VGFive via the "Contact Us" box to let me know that your account qualifies and is ready for review.

One more update for today:

We now support trading digital codes for full games. You can trade codes from Steam, PSN, XBLA, and pretty much any other platform now. Offers and requests need to be specified as digital codes or "digital code acceptable," respectively.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']
We now support trading digital codes for full games. You can trade codes from Steam, PSN, XBLA, and pretty much any other platform now. Offers and requests need to be specified as digital codes or "digital code acceptable," respectively.[/QUOTE]

citizen_cane.gif

I know it's early, but since joining it's sad to see no one is requesting the games I am offering - even though I am first and second in line for offers.

I made a resolution to go through my backlog faster; hopefully, I can offer more popular requested games in the future.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']One more update for today:

We now support trading digital codes for full games. You can trade codes from Steam, PSN, XBLA, and pretty much any other platform now. Offers and requests need to be specified as digital codes or "digital code acceptable," respectively.[/QUOTE]

I want to hug you so badly right now.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I got matched for an item but couldn't log in as I had forgotten my password. I tried the password reset but the email never arrived. :([/QUOTE]

There wasn't a reset request active on your account, so I created a new one. If you don't receive the new email, shoot my a message at [email protected] and I'll take a look manually. Sorry for the hassle.

I have no games for trading! I still have a few points, though. Plus, it's not like I need more games right away, anyways.

[quote name='Cage017']Sweet, one of my offers was matched. How long do I have to approve the trade and mail the game?[/QUOTE]

36 hours to approve, and then 3 days to mail it. There's a 2 week timeout for it to get to the buyer (3 weeks if it's an international trade). The buyer can extend that if they want.

I know you implemented the option to not accept international trades on lower points items, but do you plan to add that option to not trade internationally for all games? I'm more uncomfortable shipping a 1000 point game to Canada than one that's 400...

Canada Post's tracking system sucks balls, they either haven't told them employees to start scanning USPS packages or their systems can't do it. I've sold 7 items to Canada over the last year and not one of the tracking numbers worked. On the other hand, the tracking for all of my Canadian purchases work with USPS.

I'm trying to process shipping via the Paypal link and it asks me how much the package weighs. I'm sending out God of War 2 so the game weighs more thanks to the 2nd disc.

How do you determine weight without going to the post office?

[quote name='Cage017']I'm trying to process shipping via the Paypal link and it asks me how much the package weighs. I'm sending out God of War 2 so the game weighs more thanks to the 2nd disc.

How do you determine weight without going to the post office?[/QUOTE]

I generally weigh my packages at home in an effort to avoid the PO as much as possible. I bought a cheapo $5 electronic scale from Hong Kong which took forever to arrive but is spot on for accuracy; it has paid for itself multiple times over. Amazon.com often lists a title's weight; God of War Saga is listed as 4oz, for example, and as a game I recently sent out on VGFive, that sounds about right (no manual, 2 discs). If you're willing to wing it, I'd say 90% of my shipments fall between 4-6oz, so just put 6 or 7 oz on there and you'll likely be overpaying. Weighing it would be best, however.

Back on topic, I mostly lurk here at CAG, but VGFive is awesome enough to warrant my signing in. I've been Goozing for just shy of 4 years now with over 500 combined trades, and while it is a shame Goozex ran straight down the crapper, VGFive is filling the void better than I ever could have imagined. Month one has led me to receive and send 19 titles each, more than I've received in months of Goozex trading (2012 was kinder to me over there than it was others, though it still slowed dramatically). With the interesting new path the new Goozex team is blazing, I'm done for good over there; the addition of digital game trading (something I'd been asking for for years over at Goozex), kind of sealed that deal, and TZ was able to do it in under 30 days.

If the simplicity of queue based trading is attractive to you, I implore you to at least give the site a quick peek. Just don't expect to make any progress on your backlog once you start trading...lol, I can't keep up.

[quote name='Vinny']I know you implemented the option to not accept international trades on lower points items, but do you plan to add that option to not trade internationally for all games? I'm more uncomfortable shipping a 1000 point game to Canada than one that's 400...

Canada Post's tracking system sucks balls, they either haven't told them employees to start scanning USPS packages or their systems can't do it. I've sold 7 items to Canada over the last year and not one of the tracking numbers worked. On the other hand, the tracking for all of my Canadian purchases work with USPS.[/QUOTE]

Since VGFive guarantees all transactions where you provide the tracking number (which a customs number covers for trades across the border), there aren't any plans to extend the cap on the price. As long as you have the customs number and provide it in the trade discussion, you're covered.

I really need to make a better "VGFive Guarantee" page in the near future. Sellers really are coevered as long as they have delivery confirmation and/or customs numbers.

Thank for the game GNitro.

So far everything you've sent has been in excellent condition and shipped extremely fast. :D

Shipping two more out later this week. Feels like the good old times on goozex.

Can someone add wwe allstars to the database for me on 3ds please?

I'm 7 out and six in. That's a good ratio, took me forever to get to a 1-1 ratio on goozex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the points alogrithm working ok? The highest points games seem kinda out of place... like The Walking Dead is in ample supply, and 2000 points seems too much for it.

[quote name='Vinny']Is the points alogrithm working ok? The highest points games seem kinda out of place... like The Walking Dead is in ample supply, and 2000 points seems too much for it.[/QUOTE]

The new release price points are time-based rather than supply, but that's changing with Monday's pricing update. If a new release has ample supply, it will start dropping sooner.

So I mailed out my game and it says "Confirmed shipped on January 10, 2013.
No tracking provided." The thing is there is a tracking number and I messaged the seller with the number through the Discussion section.

Is there anyway you could change it so the number appears on the page below the delivery date?

bread's done
Back