Official VGFive Thread

[quote name='Cage017']So I mailed out my game and it says "Confirmed shipped on January 10, 2013.
No tracking provided." The thing is there is a tracking number and I messaged the seller with the number through the Discussion section.

Is there anyway you could change it so the number appears on the page below the delivery date?[/QUOTE]

The tracking number being listed is a new feature just rolled out last night. Any future shipments you make will allow you to enter the number at the time of confirming, which will list it there and enable automatic linking to the tracking information (once USPS actually authorizes the site to use their API, hopefully in the next few days).

Providing the tracking info in the discussion for such previous trades is all that's expected of the seller. No need to worry.

Just announced: Using our Best Buy Pitch In Card, we're allowing users to directly contribute to having even more hot titles in the system. Pitch In $10 this month, and get a 200 credit bonus applied to your account. All Pitch In money goes directly to buying new titles that are shipped directly into the system.

Details here

[quote name='antlp89']Thank for the game GNitro.

So far everything you've sent has been in excellent condition and shipped extremely fast. :D
[/QUOTE]

No problem... Glad I could send my unwanted games off to someone who does want them... ENJOY! :D

Love this site

6 games in
6 games out

with 5000 pts left

so far out
MK for vita ...de blob for ps3 ....all for one ps3....mlb 12 vita....devil my cry ps3 .... legends of heros 2 psp

got
hakuoki limited ed psp (very shocked got LE) ..... gravity rush (dumped to best buy for 20) final fantasy echo of time (gave as gift) uncharted vita (wanted this) .....ghost trick Ds (did not get get) and mario inside story (very nice wanted it)

very very happy with what i gave to what i got so far and lke i said sitting on 5k point and thnking of sending out 3 more games this week

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']How long is the chip in going?[/QUOTE]

The bonus is through all of January (once per account of course).

If it proves popular, I may make it a regular monthly promo. The credits are really just moving around since credits come out of the system when I ship a game.

I'll be doing waves of awarding the credits, since Best Buy can easily give me a list of who's pitched in.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']The bonus is through all of January (once per account of course).[/QUOTE]

Dumb question, but basically this amounts to a "buy 200 in trade credits for $10" deal, right? The idea being that the money is spent to directly purchase titles?

How are you going to decide what platforms to purchase titles for? I ask as, quite frankly, I'd only buy credits this way if I knew any "Hot New Titles" were being directed towards my platforms of choice. Heh.

[quote name='DavidDayton']
How are you going to decide what platforms to purchase titles for? I ask as, quite frankly, I'd only buy credits this way if I knew any "Hot New Titles" were being directed towards my platforms of choice. Heh.[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of rotating the platforms, as long as TZ is getting good value for his purchases with this Pitch-In credit. I guess it'll be mostly up to Best Buy and what they decide to discount with coupons or put on sale.

That said, I'm in for $10 towards the jar!

[quote name='DavidDayton']Dumb question, but basically this amounts to a "buy 200 in trade credits for $10" deal, right? The idea being that the money is spent to directly purchase titles?

How are you going to decide what platforms to purchase titles for? I ask as, quite frankly, I'd only buy credits this way if I knew any "Hot New Titles" were being directed towards my platforms of choice. Heh.[/QUOTE]

I'll be generally focusing on the 360, PS3, 3DS, Vita, and Wii U as good deals pop up. I'd say the 360 and PS3 will be getting more as they make up more than 80% of the current requests and offers for current gen systems, but the others will certainly be covered if good deals come around. The Wii could also find its way in there for the big first party titles.

It does basically amount to a buying credits deal when it comes down to it, but the total for credits in the system stays roughly equal since the buyers of the games are spending credits that leave the system. In the end the system is benefitting from the credits being "bought" instead of my pocketbook benefitting.

Isn't there a way for you to see (or create) a list of like.. the top 10/20/whatever most wanted games and most available games? That would probably help...

[quote name='neocisco']elefader, I like the little note in your Goozex sig. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's pretty sad how bad the forums have gotten over there in just the last couple of weeks; just when I thought they couldn't get any worse, they do. It really is incredible.

I managed the PS3 Goozex game nights for nearly 2 years. I make one lighthearted post in the forums (ok, two lighthearted posts) and not only do they get deleted, any threads I respond to require moderator approval before they get published.

I wish I could say that the new owner has very little experience with running an online community... but he does. A lot of experience.

:whistle2:#

That little blurb is my not-so-silent protest.

FWIW, I have 4 tokens left on Goozex and I'll funnel in a few more points to spend them down. I've gotten a few great things recently and despite the head scratching that the new owner elicits from me, I'll stick around until the end.

[quote name='Vinny']Isn't there a way for you to see (or create) a list of like.. the top 10/20/whatever most wanted games and most available games? That would probably help...[/QUOTE]

I do have that, yes. Dishonored got two copies sent out last week since it's the most requested game. That was before the pitch in started (came out of token sales).

I actually post those lists at http://vgfive.com/leaderboards although it's still the raw data. Been meaning to make that page more useful (it's not actually linked to anywhere since it's only a prototype page). Hoping to get some more copies of those listed games out soon.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']I do have that, yes. Dishonored got two copies sent out last week since it's the most requested game. That was before the pitch in started (came out of token sales).

I actually post those lists at http://vgfive.com/leaderboards although it's still the raw data. Been meaning to make that page more useful (it's not actually linked to anywhere since it's only a prototype page). Hoping to get some more copies of those listed games out soon.[/QUOTE]

I noticed games over a 1000 points go down, never up, despite the number of request. How does the algorithm work? Is dishonored capped at 1000? Halo 4 was around 1700 IIRC, now its down to 1000, despite the number of request.

[quote name='backseatdog']I noticed games over a 1000 points go down, never up, despite the number of request. How does the algorithm work? Is dishonored capped at 1000? Halo 4 was around 1700 IIRC, now its down to 1000, despite the number of request.[/QUOTE]

Price points over 1000 are based on the time since release. Starting at just over a month after release, they start dropping by 100 credits per pricing run (total of 200 credits per week) until they get to 1000 credits. It's designed to be a bonus for shipping out a recent release sooner, while maintaining that 1000 credits is the maximum value you'll get/pay for a high demand title once that time period expires.

[quote name='Cage017']Completed my first trade. 100 points and counting ( I hope).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Great to have you on board. :)

[quote name='neocisco']I don't know if I'm overlooking it or if it exists but is there an option for tipping, similar to what Goozex offers?[/QUOTE]

Yes, +50 or +100. The option appears when you leave feedback. It is below the "leave feedback" and "comment" boxes. I think it won't appear if you don't have any points to spare or something.

Thanks. I really like that feature and I'm glad to see that TZ is using it.

Also, TZ, put me down as someone who would gladly put a VG5 banner in my sig when you're able to make that option available.

[quote name='neocisco']Also, TZ, put me down as someone who would gladly put a VG5 banner in my sig when you're able to make that option available.[/QUOTE]

Something I'm working on but don't want to put out there until they look great. Have some art assets being worked on, but sigs are coming! :)

Thanks for the points and the promotion TZ, the site keeps on improving by the day.

I love how you are rewarding current users and incentivizing people to join. I mean even if you had just signed up before you could have got a couple of free games already.

Plus the raffle promotion that gives anyone that trades a chance to win a brand new game is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Oh no. Lot's of "application errors" now when I try to go from offers back to the main site page...[/QUOTE]

That was a site update rolling out. Should be back to normal now.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']Something I'm working on but don't want to put out there until they look great. Have some art assets being worked on, but sigs are coming! :)[/QUOTE]

Awsome

[quote name='likeme']Tainted, will you ever move to trading blu rays as well?[/QUOTE]

While I haven't ruled them out, there aren't any plans to. I'm focusing on games for now so that we can be the best site for that.

Wow, VGFive. I wake up this morning to see 200 points added to my account AND I have a game requested. Then I find out I'm first in line for Lego Star Wars III.

VGFive is making 2013 a good year for me.

Well, I just signed up and I'm not quite sure why I hadn't done that yet. I've been kind of active at Goozex over the years (108 trades sent, currently have 9 active), and while I don't see myself giving up over there just yet (3650 points have something to do with it), VGFive looks like it could be a bit more rewarding down the road. Time to get my feet wet I guess...

So far for me it's better than goozex ever was (been trading there for over 5 years and over 1100 trades).

With VGFive I can't hold onto points long enough before being matched with another available game. Which causes me to send out more games to get more points. It's an endless cycle :D.

^ yeap. I ran out if tokens and thought to myself. That's good now I can stock pile points. I saved up to 1200. I said ok ill go ahead and buy tokens and see what happens. I refreshed the page and it shows my points. Then it shows 0 points. Two trades accepted in a matter of seconds. Now I'm out of points again lol.

Hey tz. Can you add or is there a way to search for games based on points. Say I only have 100 tokens can I search for all games at this price?

I traded on Goozex or years, and cashed out last summer when the ship was starting to sink. The management made some huge mistakes in managing the trading system. I've been waiting for something else to come along to make trading easy again.

I signed up for VGFive a few weeks ago, and I really like what I'm seeing so far. This is what Goozex used to be...perhaps even better. I've already sent out 4 games, and received one (although, I'm only requesting a few right now due to a large backlog from Christmas). A lot of the games I have requested but on hold are available. I'm just not ready for them yet. I'm not a huge fan of the interface, but I realize that is a work in progress.

Tainted, thank you for all of the hard work you have put in making this happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr_hockey66']^ yeap. I ran out if tokens and thought to myself. That's good now I can stock pile points. I saved up to 1200. I said ok ill go ahead and buy tokens and see what happens. I refreshed the page and it shows my points. Then it shows 0 points. Two trades accepted in a matter of seconds. Now I'm out of points again lol.

Hey tz. Can you add or is there a way to search for games based on points. Say I only have 100 tokens can I search for all games at this price?[/QUOTE]

The Available Games page has a filter option in the search area that limits the results by price. The "all games" area doesn't have that yet (work in progress).

I've just been matched for an item and timed out twice (with the 24 hour timeout in between)... I'm assuming it's the same seller because there's only one copy listed.

Is there anything to stop this or will this cycle continue until the seller de-lists it?

Two of us on VGFive are offering Bulletstorm yet there are 7 people who have their request for it on hold. It's bugging me for two reasons:

1. The points I get from this game will entitle me to get a PS3 game that I am first in line for. My first game from VGFive.

2. Bulletstorm was just traded on Goozex.

Trades are increasing, the site is growing, and more and more games are becoming available. A lot of people who have doubts about VGFive are really missing out on some good opportunities.

Just sent out my first game yesterday too bad I only got half the credits it was when I put the game up. I'm first in line for a couple n64 games but doesn't seem like people are really trading those for the time being

[quote name='daver16']Just sent out my first game yesterday too bad I only got half the credits it was when I put the game up. I'm first in line for a couple n64 games but doesn't seem like people are really trading those for the time being[/QUOTE]

i was thinking of sending some in but i no longer have a N64 and cant check to see if the games even work anymore

bread's done
Back