Official Walmart Rollback Thread

Demonkadar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello everyone, I am going to be posting a weekly listing of rollback prices in the Wal-Mart system. Normally I will be trying to update this post on Sunday after I get the information. I haven't done this before here so I hope that this will come in handy for some people.

These updates are system wide so the price tags may not be update yet but they are active in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JKSonic']I understand sometimes different "companies" run the online stores and their prices, but if you make things available for online order and in-store pickup you gotta match that price. Pretty stupid when I can literally stand there, get on my phone, order it that way, then get $5 off.[/QUOTE]

Never have truer words been said about this issue. Even Sears will match their website if you ask. If you don't you allow the online sales to cannibalize the B&M sales. IMO it screws up all kinds of statistics that companies would want to track (ie B&M sales vs. Online).

Yeah I mean it's not as big a deal to me if they don't do in-store pickup. It still irks me quite a bit, but not as much. It's when you can stand there in the store, order it from your phone...then literally just stand there and watch the employee go over to pick it up and take it back to the pickup area...THAT is when I really scratch my head.

I believe the reason they do that is for large items like TV's the in store price is higher than the online one. The reason being in store you can apply for a Wal-Mart card at the time of purchase and get 0% financing for 12 months on purchase over $300. So it seems they want to charge people the higher price for those purchases.

[quote name='Psychonik']I believe the reason they do that is for large items like TV's the in store price is higher than the online one. The reason being in store you can apply for a Wal-Mart card at the time of purchase and get 0% financing for 12 months on purchase over $300. So it seems they want to charge people the higher price for those purchases.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's true...still makes it stupid when you can order it FROM THAT STORE online and pick it up that same day for less. I have yet to do it, but one of these times I'll have my smartphone with me and when I'm denied I'll have it all queued up on the site so I can just be like "hold on a sec...yup, ok, there you go, I just bought it for that price, please go get it and bring it back to the pickup counter for me."

[quote name='JKSonic']I'm sure that's true...still makes it stupid when you can order it FROM THAT STORE online and pick it up that same day for less. I have yet to do it, but one of these times I'll have my smartphone with me and when I'm denied I'll have it all queued up on the site so I can just be like "hold on a sec...yup, ok, there you go, I just bought it for that price, please go get it and bring it back to the pickup counter for me."[/QUOTE]

Walmart Site to Store doesn't work like that. You order online and they literally ship the game to the walmart store of your choice, so you have to wait for it to arrive there. They don't actually use any of the store stock and you couldn't order on your phone and pick up right away.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah I mean it's not as big a deal to me if they don't do in-store pickup. It still irks me quite a bit, but not as much. It's when you can stand there in the store, order it from your phone...then literally just stand there and watch the employee go over to pick it up and take it back to the pickup area...THAT is when I really scratch my head.[/QUOTE]

I did that when they put all the spy stuff on major sale online. My daughter really wanted the spy watch so my dad went in store and bought it for $60. So my daughter went home and played with it. I got home from work and looked online. They had it for $20 at WM.com.

I ordered for in store pickup then headed out. So I went in and told them that I wanted to just get this for $20 as I already have a pickup order for $20 and would rather just keep the opened version so that they would actually save money as they wouldn't just sell me a new one and keep an opened one. Sure enough they made me return the opened one and I went to the back and picke up a new one. They said it was policy. Guess they didn't want to save product.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Walmart Site to Store doesn't work like that. You order online and they literally ship the game to the walmart store of your choice, so you have to wait for it to arrive there. They don't actually use any of the store stock and you couldn't order on your phone and pick up right away.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. My last order I put in they pulled from store stock.

I also have done ship to store and it not being available in store stock they will ship it there (was Alan Wake CE)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Walmart Site to Store doesn't work like that. You order online and they literally ship the game to the walmart store of your choice, so you have to wait for it to arrive there. They don't actually use any of the store stock and you couldn't order on your phone and pick up right away.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ as well. I've used "site to store" three times and only once was it actually shipped. There's an option on some items for store PICKUP...that is unless they very recently changed it. Twice I've done that, once for a game and once for an HP Touchpad.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I beg to differ. My last order I put in they pulled from store stock.

I also have done ship to store and it not being available in store stock they will ship it there (was Alan Wake CE)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JKSonic']I beg to differ as well. I've used "site to store" three times and only once was it actually shipped. There's an option on some items for store PICKUP...that is unless they very recently changed it. Twice I've done that, once for a game and once for an HP Touchpad.[/QUOTE]

They might have changed it, which would be a pleasant surprise. Every time I ever tried to order from them online they would only ship to store or home, even for items I had seen at the store previously.

Hmmm, I just checked and yeah the system is different now. I remember one time I was looking for some bikes and they were cheaper online, in stock in store, and it wouldn't let me do in store pick up. But this was at some point last year.

The games section in my store is awful.. A door for DS, a door for Wii, one for 360, one for PS3 and the last a mixture of PS3, PSP and Vita. We rarely ever have new games in stock, and never have any games that are really a good buy. Hell, still selling the DJ Hero 1 bundle for $59, even some Band Hero bundles in the back that are still scanning at the full $169 price. I never buy anything from the store, even with the employee discount, can always find stuff cheaper online.

Actually, that may be a YMMV because I ordered a Bowser's Inside Story from the website, selected store pick-up, and within fifteen minutes, it was available for pick-up

[quote name='grundy']Actually, that may be a YMMV because I ordered a Bowser's Inside Story from the website, selected store pick-up, and within fifteen minutes, it was available for pick-up[/QUOTE]

You selected pick up at store which uses the stock from the store but if you do ship to store the item is shipped from a warehouse to the store. Thus this will not be YMMV since they are different methods.

Two different ways of ordering online, site2store vs pick-up-today. Site2store is delivered to the store with their other fright while pickuptoday is picked straight from the store and is ymmv due to their on hands counts. Walmart only pricematches compeition and they dont consider other walmarts or their online store as compeition.

I know what you mean. My store has an endcap full of band hero[quote name='Mahgin86']The games section in my store is awful.. A door for DS, a door for Wii, one for 360, one for PS3 and the last a mixture of PS3, PSP and Vita. We rarely ever have new games in stock, and never have any games that are really a good buy. Hell, still selling the DJ Hero 1 bundle for $59, even some Band Hero bundles in the back that are still scanning at the full $169 price. I never buy anything from the store, even with the employee discount, can always find stuff cheaper online.[/QUOTE]

Taken yesterday, only 3 or 4 left!

If your not seeing it I'll try to fix later
IMAG0125.jpg

This Week
Lego Harry Potter $19.96 (The New One) (Wii, PS3, 360)
Battlefield 3 $39.96 (Not sure if LE rings up that price (360,PS3)
Modern Warfare 3 $49.96 (360, PS3)
Castlevania: LOS $15 (More of a clearance and YMMV depending on stock 360, PS3)
Red Dead Redemption GOTY $29.96 (PS3,360)

Price changes were just downloaded yesterday, and I probably missed a game or two.

My store needs to get a refill of clearance games for the 360. They have 2 media towers on the ends of the aisles that were filled with clearance games, but after Black Friday, they really thinned out 360 wise. Still lots of Wii games. I don't know if they sent a bunch of 360 games back or if they just sold a bunch.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']StarsWars 360 bundle dropped to $399.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

GS has it at $399.99 starting today too... must be a permanent price drop for the bundle. Other retailers might follow suit in the coming days.

Where are these Wal-Marts with sports games over 5 years old lmao. There was another pic in a thread on here of High Heat Baseball 2004 for the PS2 for $49.96! They even had it in a plastic security case.

I didn't know about this thread, lol. I almost made a separate thread about this.

Stopped by WM during my lunch break. Mass Effect 3 (reg. version, only saw 360) $25 new. Also, BF3 for ps3 and 360 were marked down to $20.

I don't know if this is system-wide. I don't work at Walmart to know this.

YMMV

a4vdpi.jpg

EDIT: This was at the new WM on Orangethorpe in Fullerton, CA.

img20120503121209.jpg

[quote name='DaBoltz']I didn't know about this thread, lol. I almost made a separate thread about this.

Stopped by WM during my lunch break. Mass Effect 3 (reg. version, only saw 360) $25 new. Also, BF3 for ps3 and 360 were marked down to $20.

I don't know if this is system-wide. I don't work at Walmart to know this.

YMMV

a4vdpi.jpg

EDIT: This was at the new WM on Orangethorpe in Fullerton, CA.

img20120503121209.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How many ME3's did they have? Maybe I should go..

[quote name='i MarK i']How many ME3's did they have? Maybe I should go..[/QUOTE]

Looked to be about 10 copies. They have them laid out on a table near in the electronics section in the back. Man, did prices drop on ME3, huh? Personally, I'm waiting for it to go

OK. Got my copy. I placed the remaining 8 that I could find behind some purple Kinect games and next to the GOW3 LE's.

Also, didn't notice until this latest trip that they have Skyrim for the 360 @ $25 too.

Thanks OP. Picked up the last copy of Castlevania out of my 2 stores. 360 version goes on sale all the time but the ps3 version rarely does (new at least).

Walmart Launch Exclusive:

Buy Max Payne 3 & Get a free download of Max Payne 1 on Xbox Live, or Playstation Network.

The code MUST BE REDEEMED BY 5/21/12

The first 25 people per store will be receiving a free Diablo III poster with purchase of Diablo III
IMG_20120504_182842.jpg

Wow thats one giant picture lol.

BTW NFS Hot Pursuit rolback to $19.96, not bad if you missed the gamefly sale. I'm playing it right now and It's fun (though repetitive and the graphics are ugly.)

[quote name='sgaldis']Is that picture of the Diablo poster life size?[/QUOTE]

^That made me laugh out loud. Nice.

OT: There have been sightings of these games at similar prices in southern Ohio as well as a few other places. However, I can't remember if Mass Effect 3 was one of them. I know BF3 and Skyrim were some of the titles mentioned.

A lot of people complained their Walmarts did not have anything close to those prices and people started getting all pissy. Anyway, good to hear that other CAGS are finding these deals.

Not sure if its a rollback, but today i went to walmart and found Castlevania lords of shadow for xbox 360 for only 15 dollars new. Not a great deal but i had to grab one. :)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Not sure if its a rollback, but today i went to walmart and found Castlevania lords of shadow for xbox 360 for only 15 dollars new. Not a great deal but i had to grab one. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah It's a rollback. Sorry if I forgot to mention it.
Haven't looked at my price changes this week.

You mentioned it. It was on the same page he posted... and the same page I thanked you for picking up a copy[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah It's a rollback. Sorry if I forgot to mention it.
Haven't looked at my price changes this week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']You mentioned it. It was on the same page he posted... and the same page I thanked you for picking up a copy[/QUOTE]

>.

Found Castlevania: LOS and Bulletstorm in Fargo, ND for $5 over the weekend. When I got back to Grand Forks (70 miles away) both games were $15.

I wish Walmart would standardize their prices.

[quote name='ratandjmt']Found Castlevania: LOS and Bulletstorm in Fargo, ND for $5 over the weekend. When I got back to Grand Forks (70 miles away) both games were $15.

I wish Walmart would standardize their prices.[/QUOTE]

me too, the wal marts around here never have any great prices...

Sorry for the lack of knowledge but I quite don't get what's this thread for... is it something like YMMV prices? Or how does this rollback work?

FYI, Driver San Francisco for the XB360 is listed as 19.99 on Walmart.com. (PS3 version is 24.96)

I have never been denied a price match when bringing in a Walmart.com listing so it might be worth it for anyone looking to nab this game at that price.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']FYI, Driver San Francisco for the XB360 is listed as 19.99 on Walmart.com. (PS3 version is 24.96)

I have never been denied a price match when bringing in a Walmart.com listing so it might be worth it for anyone looking to nab this game at that price.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, I've been denied every time I try and pm wm.com

[quote name='Brother Daz']Interesting, I've been denied every time I try and pm wm.com[/QUOTE]

Really?

What I don't understand is how they can not only deny their own company's online price but you can have the product shipped directly to the very same store at no charge.

Either way, you buy the item at that price and get it from the store. If anything, the shipping is a cost they swallow.

Like I said, I've never been denied. A few weeks ago, when Captain America: Super Soldier was still selling for 49.99 in store, they price matched the Walmart.com price of 19.99 no hassle.

Have you tried a different store? Or talked to the manager? I 've experienced employees claiming they didn't think they price matched but every time I had them check with a supervisor, it was approved.

Sorry to hear that regardless.

I've also been denied the few times I've tried as well[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']Really?

What I don't understand is how they can not only deny their own company's online price but you can have the product shipped directly to the very same store at no charge.

Either way, you buy the item at that price and get it from the store. If anything, the shipping is a cost they swallow.

Like I said, I've never been denied. A few weeks ago, when Captain America: Super Soldier was still selling for 49.99 in store, they price matched the Walmart.com price of 19.99 no hassle.

Have you tried a different store? Or talked to the manager? I 've experienced employees claiming they didn't think they price matched but every time I had them check with a supervisor, it was approved.

Sorry to hear that regardless.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've tried different walmarts and tried talking to managers. I always get the same cookie cutter BS response, that .com is a different business blah, blah, blah.

Q:Why are prices different in the store vs. online?
A:The merchandise and prices available on our Web Site do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Our stores will not match prices with our online store (or other online stores) because we do not consider them to be in competition with our retail stores. Currently, we do not have access to store inventory lists or price lists at this Web site. Please contact your local Walmart store manager for more information and availability.

http://www.walmartstores.com/317.aspx#Prices_Difference_Store_vs_Online

Didn't want to make a new thread, but I saw Game of Thrones for sale at my walmart Friday. Just found out today it isn't released until the 15th

Stopped by 2 of my local Walmarts today and saw both stores had LA Noire: The Completed Edition stocked on the shelves for 20 dollars, for both PS3 and 360. When rung up at the register, it came out to 30 dollars, but I mentioned the price tag and was able to get it for 20 dollars. It seems they just took all the versions of LA Noire and just stocked them together under the 20 dollar price tag. YMMV I guess.

bread's done
Back