Official Walmart Rollback Thread

Demonkadar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello everyone, I am going to be posting a weekly listing of rollback prices in the Wal-Mart system. Normally I will be trying to update this post on Sunday after I get the information. I haven't done this before here so I hope that this will come in handy for some people.

These updates are system wide so the price tags may not be update yet but they are active in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrclutch']It would be a great day for CAGs everywhere if Walmart ever really got in the gaming biz besides just Black Friday.[/QUOTE]
According to who? They tried the trade-in thing(employing kiosks instead of real people) and got flooded with crap games like AC/DC Rock Band Track pack that they turned around to try to sell for $9+, which is over the $5 I've seen it for at most places already.

Not only that, but WalMart is the home of the $.03 'sale'/clearance price. They reduce a game by a couple cents to a buck and call it a sale or clearance. I understand a company doesn't want to have to drop old stock to $5-10 to clear it out, but when you've got N64 and PS1 titles still hanging around one of your older stores at the beginning of the PS3/360 gaming generation and they're priced $29.96 or HIGHER.....yeah...there's a problem there.

So I could only imagine if they got into the gaming biz. They would probably make Gamestop look generous by comparison.:roll:

Is this all YMMV? Or is there any particular link/image that will allow Walmart to match price, because I would loveeee LoS for $5-15...one of the games I've been wanting to play!

Wal-Mart won't price match their website or another Wal-Mart. They do take returns in-store from their website, albeit reluctantly. They don't like doing it because no one understands how the process works between online and in-store. There's a huge disconnect there in nearly every retail store besides an Apple store, and I really can't understand why their respective corporate offices can't address that.

[quote name='jcp42877']Is this all YMMV? Or is there any particular link/image that will allow Walmart to match price, because I would loveeee LoS for $5-15...one of the games I've been wanting to play![/QUOTE]

I can confirm LoS is $15. I picked it up a few days ago. It was still tagged $30 but rang up $15.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Not only that, but WalMart is the home of the $.03 'sale'/clearance price. They reduce a game by a couple cents to a buck and call it a sale or clearance. I understand a company doesn't want to have to drop old stock to $5-10 to clear it out, but when you've got N64 and PS1 titles still hanging around one of your older stores at the beginning of the PS3/360 gaming generation and they're priced $29.96 or HIGHER.....yeah...there's a problem there.

So I could only imagine if they got into the gaming biz. They would probably make Gamestop look generous by comparison.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Lol, very true! I've seen the same thing myself, and no more than a year ago at that.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I can confirm LoS is $15. I picked it up a few days ago. It was still tagged $30 but rang up $15.[/QUOTE]

If this is true...I love you

[quote name='Demonkadar']Q:Why are prices different in the store vs. online?
A:The merchandise and prices available on our Web Site do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Our stores will not match prices with our online store (or other online stores) because we do not consider them to be in competition with our retail stores. Currently, we do not have access to store inventory lists or price lists at this Web site. Please contact your local Walmart store manager for more information and availability.

http://www.walmartstores.com/317.aspx#Prices_Difference_Store_vs_Online[/QUOTE]

That's what they say... But when you can go around and order some items ONLINE and literally pick them up in the store a few minutes later that kind of negates what they're trying to say. Even to a lesser degree is the fact that just about any item can be bought online and shipped to the store in a few days for free.

Sigh...my local walmart that's only 0.81 miles away says it can ship to store within 5-10 days, but that's at the $19.98 price. I'm not entirely sold they don't have it OOS, but I'm too lazy to make the drive to see given the site details..Hate to waste a trip

[quote name='edison']I noticed today that the Vita versions of Hot Shots, WipeOut 2048, and Little Deviants had dropped to $19.96.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Anyone else see these at this price?

Edit: Okay, its the same price online at least. Also saw Harry Potter (vita) dropped to 20.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Nice. Anyone else see these at this price?

Edit: Okay, its the same price online at least. Also saw Harry Potter (vita) dropped to 20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah these are new rollbacks for the week. Vita love!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah these are new rollbacks for the week. Vita love![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty happy too, finally some good prices on Vita games.

Saw Sly Cooper Collection (ps3) today for $20. Would have bought it if I didn't think it would drop in price by the time I got around to playing it.

I can't seem to find the other thread, but at my local Walmart yesterday, they had a few of the $5 PS3 games show up on an endcap. I ended up with God of War 3, Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011, Nascar 2011, and FIFA 11 for $5/each. I got the last copies of each, except for Cabela's.

Looks like a few were Black Friday remnants, as most had the color dot stickers on them.

[quote name='Tdog987']Saw that max payne 3 had dropped to $50...still had the MP1 sticker on there too.[/QUOTE]

The code was only good for the first week though.

Probably universal but:
Just Dance 3 (Wii,360,PS3) $19.99
Sorcery (PS3) $29.99
Mortal Kombat 360/PS3 $19.99 (Vanilla only)
Michael Jackson's Crotch Grab $19.99 (Wii, 360 and PS3)
Black Eyes Peas $9.99 (Wii, 360. Most likely Wal-Mart only price).
Starhawk $39.99 (PS3)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Probably universal but:
Just Dance 3 (Wii,360,PS3) $19.99
Sorcery (PS3) $29.99
Mortal Kombat 360/PS3 $19.99 (Vanilla only)
Michael Jackson's Crotch Grab $19.99 (Wii, 360 and PS3)
Black Eyes Peas $9.99 (Wii, 360. Most likely Wal-Mart only price).
Starhawk $39.99 (PS3)[/QUOTE]:lol::lol::lol:

Walmart actually changed its policy for last holiday season in that they would pm walmart.com during the holiday timeframe. Not sure if it will hold true again this year though. I believe it was black friday thru jan 1 they ran it.

Rollbacks

:360: The Witcher 2 $39.96
:360::ps3: Kingdoms of Amular $39.96
:360::ps3: Mlb2k12 $39.96
:360::ps3: Arkham City $29.96

Other Drops

Vita Mortal Kombat $29.96
:360::ps3: Ninja Gaiden 3 $39.96
:360::ps3: Madden 12 $39.96
:wii: Madden 12 $29.96
:psp: Madden 12 $19.96
:360::ps3: Ncaa 12 $29.96
:360::ps3: Crysis 2 $19.96
:360::ps3: Dead Space 2 $19.96
:360::ps3: Rayman Origins $19.96
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete $39.96
:360: Def Jam Bundle $19.96
:360: Victorious $15.00
:ps3: Fist of the North Star $19.96
:3ds: Shinobi $29.96

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I saw at my local Walmart a Collector's edition of Batman Arkham City and Mortal Kombat Kollector's edition for $60 each. I didn't see them there last time so I guess they must have received these recently.

Rise from the grave!

Sony MSRP drops hit our store today.

But the odd news I saw? Heroes of Ruin dropped to $29.99 already. Gamestop and Amazon are still showing $39.99

I'm not sure if I should post here, since it's more of a YMMV clearance, but my closest Walmart has 3 or 4 Xbox 360 HD-DVD drives for $49 each. Not a stellar price, but I'm just shocked by the fact they still have these on the shelves.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19347682?...1=g&wl2=&wl3=13700630710&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

I can't seem to find any information about this item. "Little Big Planet Game of the Year Edition Collector's Pack" for $26.20 at Walmart's website.

I mean, I figure it was the game and the plush. Just seems nobody talks/mentions about it, least Google hardly mentions it except at Walmart.

Seems like a decent deal for the bundle. Maybe not worthy of its own thread given how old the first Little Big Planet is.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']http://www.walmart.com/ip/19347682?...1=g&wl2=&wl3=13700630710&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

I can't seem to find any information about this item. "Little Big Planet Game of the Year Edition Collector's Pack" for $26.20 at Walmart's website.

I mean, I figure it was the game and the plush. Just seems nobody talks/mentions about it, least Google hardly mentions it except at Walmart.

Seems like a decent deal for the bundle. Maybe not worthy of its own thread given how old the first Little Big Planet is.[/QUOTE]
$20 at Kmart. In-store only, probably.

You can also check your Kmarts. My two nearest ones have had a few of those LBP Game/Plush combos for 29.99 for months now.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']http://www.walmart.com/ip/19347682?...1=g&wl2=&wl3=13700630710&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

Seems like a decent deal for the bundle. Maybe not worthy of its own thread given how old the first Little Big Planet is.[/QUOTE]

the box says "Contains 1 game and 1 character plush."

[quote name='Squarehard']For anyone looking for a decent shelf and also a great bang for your buck (even at the regular price), the Sauder shelf is on rollback right now for $29 from $39,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-O-Sullivan-Multimedia-Storage-Tower-Cinnamon-Cherry/13044874

I have a few of these and I have put them all to great use, so if anyone is interested I'd recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Question though; are the boards on the vertical sides one solid piece? I've got done of the cheap skinny ones that snapped in half across the middle over time from moving houses. Wasn't bothered as they cost $20

Has anyone seen clearances games at their store in a bin or shelf case that has a sign showing "50% off all games" with that discount applied to the red stickers already on them?

I was at a semi local Walmart and saw castlevania LoS for ps3 with a sticker for $29.98 but if it's actually $15, I'd def buy it since I can't find this anywhere right now.

Yea I should've gotten a PM right then and there, but I was in a rush an didn't want to try to find someone with a key to the game case.

Just curious if it's more likely the game is half off $30 then it being half off the retail $60.. (given the 50% off tag on the glass)

Surprised no one has posted this but:
360 250GB dropped to $249.82
360 4GB W/ Kinect dropped to $249.82
360 250GB W/Kinect dropped to $349.82

These are rollbacks. I didn't see Gamespot or any site posting about universal drops. Maybe Wal-Mart is dropping before the official announcement? They did it with 3DS, so they might with the 360.

Also, Sleeping Dogs already dropped to $50 and Saints Row 3 went to $40 for both platforms.

Bioshock 1 on PS3 and Kane and Lynch 2 for 360 and PS3 are 15.00 bucks at the one I work at. There is a crapload of DS and Kinect games for 15 also.

bread's done
Back