Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What???? Warhawk is superior to Battlefield in every single way, it's ridiculous. Warhawk plays just so much better.[/quote]

I really enjoy Warhawk's arcade-style gameplay and I definitely prefer flying a warhawk to one of Battlefield's clunky helicopters, but in the last two games, Battlefield's real strength has been the excellent squad/team play. I really miss not being able to spot out approaching enemies, and how there aren't really any ways to support my teammates besides pointing my gun at whoever's shooting at them.

I'd say Warhawk does nonstop action and flight far better than Battlefield, but BF is definitely superior for strong teamplay and is good for those who like a more deliberate, tactical game.

Incidentally, I really keep meaning to get back into 2142.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What???? Warhawk is superior to Battlefield in every single way, it's ridiculous. Warhawk plays just so much better.[/quote]

Now I know you must be on crack. Have you ever played the PC battlefield? Warhawk cant hold a candle to that game. The art designs look like stupid 5th graders version of ww2.

Warhawk with its shitty controls, server problems, stats not updating and the lack of support from the dev just screams of a shadowrun. Like I said Bail out my friend.

[quote name='InuFaye']Now I know you must be on crack. Have you ever played the PC battlefield? Warhawk cant hold a candle to that game. The art designs look like stupid 5th graders version of ww2.

Warhawk with its shitty controls, server problems, stats not updating and the lack of support from the dev just screams of a shadowrun. Like I said Bail out my friend.[/QUOTE]Yes I have and I know many others who agree, saying Battlefield just isn't too good. But then again, I prefer more arcade like gameplay.

Warhawk has perfect controls (especially when dog fighting. The flight controls are unbelievable making other flight games not as fun anymore IMO). The server problems are becoming more rare now, but part of that came from Incognito only having 5 employees now (since the majority of them joined Eat Play Sleep or some Disney animation studio). Dylan Jobe is doing whatever he can.

[quote name='InuFaye']I just its just preference. I prefer the more precise controls and not the arcadey stuff. To each his own.[/QUOTE]Ah, I see. I'm not a very serious action gamer, so making it a tad more arcadey makes it easier for me to get into.

I currently have your name listed to be removed from the clan.

I disagree. Battlefield was so much more fun, even with the nuisances factored in....and the stats worked out of the box. Warhawk is a prime example of rushed developement, incompetent bug test and/or prediction of player load, and DICE only had the misfortune of working for EA, not a staff exodus like Incogito had, equivlent to the Rare bailout.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I disagree. Battlefield was so much more fun, even with the nuisances factored in....and the stats worked out of the box. Warhawk is a prime example of rushed developement, incompetent bug test and/or prediction of player load, and DICE only had the misfortune of working for EA, not a staff exodus like Incogito had, equivlent to the Rare bailout.[/QUOTE]Warhawk wasn't rushed at all. Did you hear the entire story??? Almost all the staff LEFT Icognito during development and they only have 5 people left to work on that game. SCEA poured several millions into the game for several years, but due to the game having two producers (or was it directors) who could never agree, lots of money was wasted on unused resources and people eventually left. The multi-player was near complete while the single player was left unfinished. Now if you were SCEA and had a perfectly good multiplayer game, you wouldn't want to let that go to waste (especially if it cost you several millions). How can you do an efficient bug test when you only have one network engineer remaining on the staff?? Incognito isn't just letting this game slide and they are doing whatever they can to fix the issues, but they are very short staffed though (and it's not like you can just hand code over to another developer so easily). And so far, Warhawk is turning out to be a hit.

Those who say Warhawk has sever issues haven't played in a while, because I've experienced next to no issues since near release. The only time the game froze, was when my internet just got too slow. I'm on a NAT Type 3 in my apartment (that usually has issues) and it works just fine (and usually NAT Type 3 has issues online).

Oh well, the game still gets 8's from reviewers, meaning it's definitely a good game.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Warhawk wasn't rushed at all. Did you hear the entire story??? Almost all the staff LEFT Icognito during development and they only have 5 people left to work on that game. SCEA poured several millions into the game for several years, but due to the game having two producers (or was it directors) who could never agree, lots of money was wasted on unused resources and people eventually left. The multi-player was near complete while the single player was left unfinished. Now if you were SCEA and had a perfectly good multiplayer game, you wouldn't want to let that go to waste (especially if it cost you several millions). How can you do an efficient bug test when you only have one network engineer remaining on the staff?? Incognito isn't just letting this game slide and they are doing whatever they can to fix the issues, but they are very short staffed though (and it's not like you can just hand code over to another developer so easily). And so far, Warhawk is turning out to be a hit.

Those who say Warhawk has sever issues haven't played in a while, because I've experienced next to no issues since near release. The only time the game froze, was when my internet just got too slow. I'm on a NAT Type 3 in my apartment (that usually has issues) and it works just fine (and usually NAT Type 3 has issues online).

Oh well, the game still gets 8's from reviewers, meaning it's definitely a good game.[/quote]On his trusty steed he rides, to save Sony's day. Hehe. I'm honestly amazed how you're able to brighten up any and all news/talk concerning Sony.

Now I'm gonna play devil's advocate just to razz you a bit (this is all in good fun, I hope you realize). I bolded those two statements since they seem to contradict each other. Isn't bug testing an integral part of any game's development cycle? Let alone one focused solely on multiplayer gaming where there are tons and tons of player variables that they have to plan for? You're basically implying that they weren't able to do the necessary bug testing prior to release due to being shorthanded on staff.

I think it's only within reason that people are allowed to speak their displeasure with the game considering that the stat-tracking was piss-poor and downright broken out of the gate.

As for server issues, there's far too many variables for you or anyone to be simply tossing anyone's claims of problems aside. Just because you haven't had any problems doesn't mean their claims to server issues are unsubstantiated. Granted, those who are having problems also need to realize the complexity of the games and be more understanding. But as we should all know when gamers pay $40/$60 for a game, we all expect a flawless experience and that certainly hasn't been the case thus far.

Playing this for a bit if anyone's around. Hopefully ranked, but who knows.

Edit: Uhghgbhgbghblgbhl got disconnected and it's too frustrating right now to find a new server because I'm locked out of so many thanks to the promotion bug. I hope they fix that soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/19/warhawk-v11-patch-and-arbiters/

Some good news about patches that are on the way:

The first update, the v1.1 patch, addresses the critical issues with stats and connectivity. Those two points were the focus of this patch and while they may seem small, they had a huge impact on our player base.

The v1.1 patch is in the last stages of testing right now and should be deployed worldwide by the end of October. Here’s a change list for the server-side updates that we’ve already made as well as what’s upcoming in v1.1:

Server-side updates
* Stat database stability improvements
* Improved server stability
* Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
* Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
* “Time-in-Vehicle” Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.

Client-side updates for Patch v1.1
* Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
* Significantly improved client connection stability
* Quad “????” Ping display bug fixed.
* Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
* Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
* Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.

These updates make a huge improvement to the stats and connection issues that some players were experiencing. The team and I know how much of a pisser it is to not get the award your worked for or how frustrating it can be to try and get on to some of the busy, popular servers.

The v1.1 patch makes the world a much happier place … ok, maybe not the world, but at least the Warhawk universe
icon_smile.gif

We are also responding to complaints about wankers that are stat-padding, griefing or just messing with the Warhawk community in general. This is incredibly frustrating for players and we are not taking it lightly!!

A few weeks ago one of our mods made a post on the Warhawk forums letting people know that kind of behavior will not be tolerated. That was just a warning. Now, to protect the Warhawk community and preserve the legitimacy of our worldwide leader boards, I am announcing the existence of the Warhawk Arbiters. These are members of our online services groups in both the US and Europe that will be overseeing the leader boards, community stats and will also be “in the trenches” joining game servers for first-hand observation. Their PSN account names will remain a secret. They have the authority to warn players, call a player out to prove his or her skills, or render judgment … think Judge Dredd.

Judgment can take many forms, an email warning, forum post, a kick, temporary/permanent ban, or the Warhawk Arbiters can request your Warhawk stats be “cleansed.”

There are thousands and thousands of good, well-mannered players. We will not tolerate a small few messing with our global community. So be warned!!
That’s it for now; I’ll be posting again very soon to discuss the v1.2 patch…

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/22/warhawk-v12-patch/

Ok … so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I’d like to let all of you know what’s included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.

Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches … and adds some new layouts!

Patch v1.2 includes:

* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification
icon_smile.gif

The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!

We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the “tank” glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we’re happy to have it fixed – I’m sure all of you will be too!

We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too … maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha
icon_smile.gif

The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store – this is mainly for convenience.

And of course some new layouts – as you’ve seen from the images scattered throughout this post!

We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:
* Eucadia: High City
* Island Outpost: Standoff
* The Badlands: South City
* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown
* Archipelago: Close Corridors

So there you have it. The update list for patch v1.2 that is currently being tested right now and we are tracking an early to mid December global release.
And of course I can’t end this post without mentioning the Booster Pack. So there, I said it…”Booster Pack”
icon_smile.gif

LOLOLOL

No seriously … my next post in just a few days will give you all a glimpse of an internal gameplay session we had with the Booster Pack. It’s just a glimpse because as I’ve said before, our top priority has been on the v1.1 and v1.2 updates.

New patch should be up today!

We were informed that when this post goes live, the Warhawk patch will be readied. The game's servers will be down for maintenance as the 1.1 patch gets delivered to thousands of eager fans. The downtime will end at 9AM PST, 12PM EST and will include the following features:

Server-side
* Stat database stability improvements
* Improved server stability
* Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
* Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
* "Time-in-Vehicle" Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.

Client-side (this is the one that you will actually download to your PS3)
* Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
* Significantly improved client connection stability
* Quad "????" Ping display bug fixed.
* Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
* Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
* Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.

3/22/08 **NEW** Trailer, new skins/insignias and RELEASE date for 1.3

Here is link to SMALL video of the new APC.

1.3 details.

’m excited to announce our new, and FREE, update for Warhawk – the v1.3 Patch! There are 5 key additions in this update that add a ton of value for our current and future Warhawk players. First, I’ll cover the 2 new troop items that we are adding to the game.

So far, Warhawk players have logged over 7.3 million hours of gameplay and have scored over 206 million kills! And during this time, we’ve keenly observed the battles, looking for opportunities for us to further balance Warhawk’s gameplay and over-arching “combat economy”. The result of our observations comes in the form of two upgrades for ground troops – to help promote teamwork, lengthen troop lifespan, and expand Warhawk’s fast-paced, emergent gameplay that players around the world have come to love.

This is gonna be a long post and I want to give you all a rundown of the new equipment but I can’t ramble on for pages about it so I’ll just write a quick summary here. I can always follow-up with you guys later in the comments….you know how I love to respond to comments
icon_smile.gif

#1 Mechanic’s Field Wrench:

As you might expect, this piece of equipment is used to repair vehicles. Once you get the pickup, you swing it just like the combat blade. Then, just walk up to, or onto an allied vehicle and “whack” it with the wrench. It repairs wicked fast so it’s very effectively during combat. On the offensive side, not only is it still a one-hit-kill against troops, but it can be used to damage enemy vehicles as well!

#2 Bio-Field Generator:

To use a Bio-Field, grab the pick up and throw it down like a proximity mine. It sticks to walls, ceilings, anything…including vehicles. Then, if any ally stands within its bio-reactive field, his health will quickly regen. Alternatively, and this is where some neat tactics emerge, if an enemy walks into the bio-field (yes, bio-fields are color coded), they’ll take damage – their lungs sizzling like bacon….mmmmm bacon.

This new equipment makes life as a ground troop more balanced, and we’re really looking forward to seeing how the battlefield changes once the patch is released!

#3 HOME Game Launching:

Yeah Baby…So our HOME integration is coming along nicely and this update includes a great, and much needed feature for Warhawk. With the release of v1.3 patch, players will be able to form groups, meet in their apartments, discuss tactics, and then launch a game of Warhawk…all together!
When you’re in your apartment, all you do is whip-out your virtual PSP, select ‘create game’ and pick Warhawk. From there, you get to start your own player server, pick a game rotation, set server options and then…BAM !! Launch Warhawk with all of your friends!! You can also pick to not make your game viewable to the other Warhawk players around the world, or you can make it a ‘public’ game that puts all of your friends into the server together, and leaves open slots for other global Warhawk players join.
Games launched from HOME show up in the global games list in an attactive gold color.

Now this is just the beginning of what we’re gonna to be doing with HOME and there’s some really neat stuff on the horizon. I’d love to show you more of the cool HOME stuff that we’re working on but I suspect I’d get a PR-shank to the spine…or possibly a lung.
So I gotta say that I’m actually super relieved that we’re putting in *REAL* legit value for players and *NOT* making HOME a portal for SONY to jam branding and marketing schwag down player’s throats!
As a gamer, I’m excited *and* relieved to see the direction HOME is taking.
#4 New VOIP Options:

We have also received a lot of feedback about VOIP stuff. There were a couple of features that players really wanted, and hopefully this gives them a big chunk of their crazy, crazy VOIP desires.
icon_razz.gif

We now allow players to select between PTT and Open-Mic. Players can also tune the voice-activation level so they don’t accidentally broadcast their girlfriend or boyfriend blabbering-on in the background. Players also now get to more clearly see who’s talking. It’s displayed on the right side of the screen. And yes, the picture below is correct. We also now support an “all-talk” server option so that you can enable cross-team trash talk.

What else…oh yeah, we now display which player is speaking at the score screen too. And…we let you pick players from the score screen to mute/un-mute their VOIP.
#5 New Paint Schemes & Insignias:

If you’re an avid Warhawk player and/or read this blog with any regularity, then you know that we are sponsoring a contest that allows players to submit their own, custom, paint schemes for the Nemesis and Warhawk. We’re also allowing players to submit custom insignias too. We’ll be picking the winners and including these new customizations with the v1.3 patch.
Now I’m not posting these because they have already won…but these are some neat designs and I wanted the blog readers to see some of the great paint schemes that have been coming in.

And one last thing…we want insignias too. Send us your insignias…and please DO NOT just scan something out of a magazine. Seriously!
Well that’s it for now, there are some other features in the new patch too, like some new server options, but we’re not sure if we’re going to ship them or not. They need more play testing.
So this patch is a big update for Warhawk: New troop equipment, HOME Game Launching, VOIP updates and player-created customizations!
~guy in back of room yells “yeah, yeah….but when’s it coming out”~
We’re testing the Warhawk v1.3 patch right now and we’ll update you on timing in another post. Sorry I can’t be more specific…you know how it goes. As soon as I have the “official” release date, I’ll let everyone know.
As always…
Do we have a Warhawk Thread? Everything has clan all over it.

Anyway, the "photoshop" referance as been revealed as a contest for users to create CUSTOM paint jobs and insignias on the PSBlog.

It’s 2008 and the team and I would love to kick-off the New Year by extending a really cool contest to our eligible U.S. players! This is your chance to make your mark on the battlefield by entering the Paint Scheme and Insignia Contest!!

As many of you know, we’re always working on game updates to keep the stream of fixes and new features flowing to our players. As such, we’re currently working on the Warhawk 1.3 patch which will include a collection of new, Player-Created insignias and paint schemes for you all to use when you customize your troops and aircraft.

The team and I will be judging all the submissions and selecting the winners — 50 new insignias and 20 new paint schemes. Winners will not only get their stuff in the game, but will also win a limited edition Warhawk statue from Gentle Giant Studios.

Now of course there are some ground rules…there are always rules
icon_sad.gif

This is common sense but just in case…don’t use other logos or previously created content or imagery. That means you WILL NOT be able to fly around with a official sports logo on your Warhawk or have the face of some hamburger salesman on your soldier’s helmet!! – As cool as that may be. Well…it would be cool for me as I’m big fan of Chicken Nuggets.
Here are some examples:

No questionable content either please. I’m not going to describe various examples of questionable content…you all know what I’m talking about
icon_smile.gif

So for insignias…Here’s what you need to know:
  • The new insignia must be black and white.
  • White is opaque, and Black is fully transparent.
  • The ideal insignia uses only white, black and 50% gray.
  • The new insignia must be 64×64 pixels.
  • No words or text. The insignia must be graphic.
  • The insignia must be submitted in BMP, TGA or PNG file formats.
  • Do NOT submit your insignia in JPEG file format!
That’s the set of guidelines for the creation of insignias and some examples.
Now let’s talk paint schemes. Here are the Warhawk paint templates that you’ll use for your submission.

Once you’ve downloaded the template, you can apply your paint scheme much like using a coloring book. Although, if your submission has the quality of a 3-year-old’s rendering of Dora the Explorer…well, then you are immediately disqualified!!!
icon_smile.gif

Here’s an example of what a good war paint submission looks like if you were the leader of…oh, let’s say the “Airborne Banana Clan”
icon_smile.gif

Note that you don’t have to be a PhotoShop expert to submit a paint scheme, Keep in mind that not all paint programs may work.
Here are some other guidelines and steps that you should be aware of:
  • Go to the official site and make sure you read all the rules!!!
  • Use a paint program on your PC or MAC to fill in your design in like a paint-by-numbers … but without the numbers.
  • Avoid tiny details!
  • The best paint schemes feature clear and bold graphic lines and forms.
  • Again…DO NOT use logos or other previously created content.
  • The paint scheme template can be submitted in JPEG format.
Ok, now for the critical info…pay attention!!
Please send your submissions to [email protected]
Make sure that the subject line reads “Warhawk Insignia” or “Warhawk Paint” depending on what you are submitting. And yes, you can make more than 1 submission. Please also include, in the body of your email, your full name, Telephone Number, and PSN handle.
Lastly, the deadline…
The submission deadline is February 15th, 2008 at 11:59pm PST!

If you have any questions please, please, please be sure to hit the official contest Web site for all the details…hypothetically speaking my blog entry *might* not cover everything so please check out the official site so our lawyers are happy
icon_smile.gif

We can’t wait to see all of the cool insignias and paint schemes that you come up with! Also, keep your eye’s posted to this BLOG and Warhawk.com for new info and an update on the upcoming Warhawk 1.3 patch!

Contest should be over now (though they might extend from what I was read), but they recently posted some new info for the 1.3 update.

Added it above.

That wrench is going to kick butt! I really want to play a support role since I SUCK at ground combat. I've flown circles around a bunch of you though up in my Warhawk... ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sounds like some sweet additions. I wonder if them talking about the Home plans means it's not long before it's released to the public.[/quote]

That is what everyone is thinking.

Also, all of the custom user created skins are going to be open for anyone to use regardless of their rank.

Wow those sound like awsome additions. I'm really excited about the Home thing. Man, I can't wait for it to come out. I know a lot of people around here think it's going to be gay but I'm really looking forward to it.

[quote name='Blackout542']Wow those sound like awsome additions. I'm really excited about the Home thing. Man, I can't wait for it to come out. I know a lot of people around here think it's going to be gay but I'm really looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Same here! It's free so I feel like whatever sony gives us is cake.

Reading some of the updates:

-Wrench has "ammo". It can only repair so much until it needs to be "recharged", which is done by damaging the other team's vehicles.

-They are looking to add new and different types of awards.

-Home Beta users will be able to use the 1.3 features to go in and out of Warhawk from Home.

-BioGen can be destroyed by other team (basically like proxy mines).

-More point adjustments coming in 1.3.

IGN has a better update on the new stuff.

There is a little more, but here is bit about the new APC:

While the new level for the pack wasn't being shown, Dylan did stress that the new vehicle puts a new spin and twist to the gameplay that could have a larger impact on the game than the inclusion of the dropship. In Broken Mirror, Eucadian and Chernovan players will gain access to an APC that can seat six soldiers. These six soldiers can pop out of port holes akin to that on the tank and protect the vehicle when necessary. However, like the dropship, the APC is useful for more than simple transport missions. It can ram through just about any vehicle or emplacement (with the exception of tanks), instantly killing or destroying its target. It can deploy a electromagnetic bubble shield, which your troops can fire out of, but will neutralize incoming fire. It will also short out enemy vehicles and make aircraft critically fail if they come into contact with this shield, protecting ground troops from dive bombing attacks.

What's more, the APC can be used as a mobile checkpoint, allowing players to spawn inside of an APC that's driving around the map. This means that you can potentially rejoin the fight on the battlefield without having to trek across some distance if a checkpoint is being fiercely fought over. But there's an additional plus to spawning inside the APC, which is that players will randomly receive one weapon that can be immediately used. So you could emerge from the vehicle you spawned into with binoculars, flame throwers or other items.

Wow, small video, indeed. Looks promising, though. It's another step towards the complete Battlefield-ization of Warhawk. I'd like to know how durable it's going to be, since I'm sure there will be rockets flying at it constantly because of the mobile spawn point ability. Also it looks like a pretty huge target for warhawks.

Did the guy misspeak when he said it drops the bio-field generator? I got the impression that the APC's bubble shield and the BFG were two separate things.

[quote name='metaly']Did the guy misspeak when he said it drops the bio-field generator? I got the impression that the APC's bubble shield and the BFG were two separate things.[/quote]

I think so. The effect looks different from what we've seen in the pictures of the Biogen.

PSBlog has a fairly hyperactive update from Dylan Jobe with the winners of the recent paint scheme/insignia contest. Some of the paint schemes are nice, while the insignias are pretty underwhelming. (Nothing interesting enough to replace the purple skull of doom, anyway.)

He also leaves this update on the upcoming patch/booster:

The v1.3 patch is “basically” done and our international teams are in the last few days of test so I should be able to announce a release date very soon.

Operation Broken Mirror is also “basically” done but hasn’t gone “gold” yet

Here's hoping for 1.3 sometime in the next month. I'm much more excited for that than I am for the booster at this point.

Anyone know how they are handling inventory with the new biofield and wrench? I don't remember reading anything about it. I'm guessing wrench will replace the blade once you pick it up and it will be either mines or biofield, you won't be able to have both.

Hmmm... Anyone know if they said if biofields will be able to be attached to vehicles? A new, improved "kamikaze"?

Here's a comment left by Dylan Jobe on one of his blog posts:

When you pick up the Wrench it overlays the combat knife.

We are still experimenting with how to overlay the bio-field. In the current build we’re testing, it overlays the prox mines.

So if you have prox mines and then pick-up the bio-field generator, you will have both. Taping the same direction, like manual reload, switches between prox mine and bio-field.

Does that make sense?

Not sure if it will stay that way, we’re still playing around with it.
I'm disappointed you don't spawn with the wrench, but hopefully it'll be easy to find a pickup. Get ready for some unstoppable tank action once the patch is out.

[quote name='mguiddy']Hmmm... Anyone know if they said if biofields will be able to be attached to vehicles? A new, improved "kamikaze"?[/quote]

They are "sticky" just like the mines so I would believe you could do that yes.

Also you MIGHT be able to spawn with the wrench. I think they said that people spawning in the APC will be given random weapons, so perhasps it is one that is in the rotation.

Does it say anywhere how long those Bio-Regenerator mines last? And if they can be destroyed? I can certainly imagine the latter to be true, though the former is what interests me. ;)

[quote name='metaly']Here's a comment left by Dylan Jobe on one of his blog posts:

I'm disappointed you don't spawn with the wrench, but hopefully it'll be easy to find a pickup. Get ready for some unstoppable tank action once the patch is out.[/quote]

Thanks, I never thought to look in the comments.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Does it say anywhere how long those Bio-Regenerator mines last? And if they can be destroyed? I can certainly imagine the latter to be true, though the former is what interests me. ;)[/quote]

They do have a limited timer. Once they are done, they disappear. And yes they can be destroyed as well. You can check the link Metaly posted, check some of the dev replies (should be in red) because that is where I find the answer

Yeah, definitely check out the comments if you have a minute. He talks a lot about how they're tweaking the new features and (to me, at least) it's fascinating. It's also a nice change from all the tight-lipped devs these days who almost sound like they're trying to be the Riddler when they give an interview. Based on his posts, Dylan Jobe also seems to be a huge game nerd and really into improving the game, so I'm glad they've got someone like him working on Warhawk.

[quote name='NamPaehc']They do have a limited timer. Once they are done, they disappear. And yes they can be destroyed as well. You can check the link Metaly posted, check some of the dev replies (should be in red) because that is where I find the answer[/quote]

I was just reading the comments now, and Dylan mentions that the Bio-Degenerator can penetrate walls, which I think is awesome for getting people out of their hiding spots. :)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I was just reading the comments now, and Dylan mentions that the Bio-Degenerator can penetrate walls, which I think is awesome for getting people out of their hiding spots. :)[/quote]

I foresee some pretty nasty ends to all those CTF stalemates where the flag carriers just hole up somewhere. We're gonna have to put together an escort team for the guy carrying the generator to the enemy base. :twisted:

bread's done
Back