Oh no! GGT #37's dark past has come back to haunt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely game related but has anyone else who has Amazon prime noticed they've started to use USPS a lot ?
Sucks for me as it means I have to keep picking things up at the post office, I think I'll cancel prime and start using the free shipping.

Game related, I finished Darkest of Days last night, it was fucking terrible. Going to start Fable 2 tonight.

[quote name='dallow']I read the parry thing really ups the combat fun and style. Shame it's out of reach for most.[/QUOTE]

It definitely varies it up, which is nice, since if you're in the middle of something and dodging doesn't make as much sense, you can parry instead. It was one of the first things I bought when I played on 360 -- but for some reason, I wanted to buy all the techniques first this time. :|

[quote name='seanr1221']I never play portables when I'm home because I'd rather play games on a tv, and I feel like a kid playing them in public.[/QUOTE]

Same to the first. I don't mind gaming in public, just really seldom have the need or interest. Would rather read something on my Kindle on a flight or in a waiting room etc.

[quote name='benjamouth']Not entirely game related but has anyone else who has Amazon prime noticed they've started to use USPS a lot ?
Sucks for me as it means I have to keep picking things up at the post office, I think I'll cancel prime and start using the free shipping.
[/QUOTE]

All my stuff has been UPS.

Moot for me as I now live in a condo building with a front desk/concierge that takes all packages. Was a pain before as I too usually had to pick USPS packages up at the post office. Big pain in the ass as it was always at least a 20-30 minute wait, on top of a 10-15 minute out of the way drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like playing handhelds in public either but only because it's not comfortable. I play my DS lying down on my sofa or bed.

I got Tekken 5 DR yesterday in a gameshare and I suuuuck. Did they change anything from the PS2 port's AI? I am absolute SHIT at the PS3 version but I was fantastic at the PS2 version.

Hey whoknows you might want to look into this for your 360 s 4gb if you ever see a cheap 20gb or 60gb drive. Apparently the hard drives are exactly the same and will snap right into the slim's hard drive bay.

Only a matter of time before korean companies are selling plastic hard drive enclosures for the slim so they don't have to float there. I might get a 360 slim around christmastime with this new info if they haven't found out a way to ban or anything or stop this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKnaixPCsns&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='dmaul1114']All my stuff has been UPS.

Moot for me as I now live in a condo building with a front desk/concierge that takes all packages. Was a pain before as I too usually had to pick USPS packages up at the post office. Big pain in the ass as it was always at least a 20-30 minute wait, on top of a 10-15 minute out of the way drive.[/QUOTE]

As someone who is moving into an apartment where I don't think the main office takes packages, I was wondering how exactly you get your packages from the post office. Did they leave a note for you at your door or something?

[quote name='jer7583']Hey whoknows you might want to look into this for your 360 s 4gb if you ever see a cheap 20gb or 60gb drive. Apparently the hard drives are exactly the same and will snap right into the slim's hard drive bay.

Only a matter of time before korean companies are selling plastic hard drive enclosures for the slim so they don't have to float there. I might get a 360 slim around christmastime with this new info if they haven't found out a way to ban or anything or stop this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKnaixPCsns&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome.

I'll have to keep an eye out now for one.

[quote name='ihadFG']As someone who is moving into an apartment where I don't think the main office takes packages, I was wondering how exactly you get your packages from the post office. Did they leave a note for you at your door or something?[/QUOTE]

The mail man will put a notice in your mailbox, take that to the post office to pick up your package.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The mail man will put a notice in your mailbox, take that to the post office to pick up your package.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks.

[quote name='ninja dog']meh, 200,000 rings doesn't take that long.[/QUOTE]

long enough -- the most bonus I ever get is 10k for beating a boss. Sometimes 5k for no item, I think. So it takes a lot of chapters to add up for me. :(

Gotta use taunts and witch time, lots of long, unbroken chains for a high multiplier, and on hard mode too! You can hit it in a couple chapters like that.

Is there something I'm missing in Red Dead Redemption? I want to make quests an active quest (similar to Fallout 3) where it will show me explicitly on the map where to go to begin / further the quest and only give me information pertinent to that quest at the time.

Does this exist in RDR and I'm missing it? I really don't remember what all the little letters on my mini-map stand for and I'm sick of riding my horse around.

[quote name='ninja dog']Gotta use taunts and witch time, lots of long, unbroken chains for a high multiplier, and on hard mode too! You can hit it in a couple chapters like that.[/QUOTE]

Hard mode isn't unlocked yet, still have to beat it on normal.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Is there something I'm missing in Red Dead Redemption? I want to make quests an active quest (similar to Fallout 3) where it will show me explicitly on the map where to go to begin / further the quest and only give me information pertinent to that quest at the time.

Does this exist in RDR and I'm missing it? I really don't remember what all the little letters on my mini-map stand for and I'm sick of riding my horse around.[/QUOTE]

You mean the side quests? I think they're all active at once. Just scan the map (the full one, not the mini map) for purple question marks/purple circles.

[quote name='jer7583']Hey whoknows you might want to look into this for your 360 s 4gb if you ever see a cheap 20gb or 60gb drive. Apparently the hard drives are exactly the same and will snap right into the slim's hard drive bay.

[/QUOTE]

I've been using a bootleg 120GB HDD I made myself for about two years now. No problems, and I'm still not banned. This seems like something they wouldn't be able to fix without a whole new revision, but it's so tame that I doubt MS would go out of their way to stop it.

I plan on picking up a 4GB slim now because of this info. Thanks to Cheapy for the $200 Gamestop GC.

Matte > Gloss

[quote name='seanr1221']You mean the side quests? I think they're all active at once. Just scan the map (the full one, not the mini map) for purple question marks/purple circles.[/QUOTE]

Can I create waypoints and have an onscreen arrow show me what direction to head in?

[quote name='zewone']Matte > Gloss[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with this as well, and if it weren't for the fact that I have a 60GB, I wouldn't even want the "fat" PS3.

I just finished the second chapter in PW: Justice for All, and it makes me wish Mia was in the game more.

I don't quite understand why there's a matte and a gloss 360 short. It probably makes it tougher to pump out more systems since it's not just a simple 'slap a HDD in it and go' like the older models were.

I also agree with Cheska, if I didn't have this 60gb PS3, I wouldn't want it. If I had a 40gb PS3 or later, I would've traded it in to get a Slim PS3.

[quote name='Cheska19']I just finished the second chapter in PW: Justice for All, and it makes me wish Mia was in the game more.[/QUOTE]

I wish Mia would possess Pearl more...

Played the latest bit of Dragon Age DLC the other night/morning. With the exception of one annoying hard fight(6 or 7 Golums in a small room). It was a fairly decent quest, I haven't checked what bonuses I got for DA:O or awakenings yet though. Most likely some shitty weapons that aren't as good as the Starfang.

Speaking of DA:O I just read that Bioware will let you import choices you made into the second game. Which isn't all too surprising to hear. What surprised me was that they want to try and make it so you can import those choices cross platform. Which would be cool since I kind of plan on building a PC soon.

[quote name='Cheska19']I just finished the second chapter in PW: Justice for All, and it makes me wish Mia was in the game more.[/QUOTE]
The second case pretty much sets up the plot for the third game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I wish Mia would possess Pearl more...[/QUOTE]
Creepy.

[quote name='zewone']I've been using a bootleg 120GB HDD I made myself for about two years now. No problems, and I'm still not banned. This seems like something they wouldn't be able to fix without a whole new revision, but it's so tame that I doubt MS would go out of their way to stop it.

I plan on picking up a 4GB slim now because of this info. Thanks to Cheapy for the $200 Gamestop GC.

Matte > Gloss[/QUOTE]

Yeah the hard drive is legit if you use you old 120gb or whatever like I plan to, it's got all the MS official bullshit on it that makes it work.

I'm just concerned about them seeing a 120gb drive in a slim console (an impossible configuration by their rules) and thinking it's hacked or something. It's not likely but I'm not in a rush to get a new console either. i replaced mine back in april or so.

I got a gamestop.com b2g1 order today.. strange because the civilization revolution is still sealed, it just has the plastic wrap on it. And they sent Street Fighter Anniversary Collection instead of Alpha Anthology :( they're sending me a copy of Alpha and letting me keep anniversary collection though so that's cool.

Only 900 more square enix members points to get that ipod touch!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
The second case pretty much sets up the plot for the third game.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured something would come up.
The fact they put that tid bit about Morgan in there led me to believe she'll be back.
The third case seems pretty gay right now >.> Also, are they foreshadowing something with this whole Maya/Phoenix thing? Isn't he a bit older than her?

[quote name='benjamouth']Not entirely game related but has anyone else who has Amazon prime noticed they've started to use USPS a lot ?

Game related, I finished Darkest of Days last night, it was fucking terrible. Going to start Fable 2 tonight.[/QUOTE]

I just got a package from amazon prime shipped via USPS actually. First time its happened. It actually works better for me, because the package was just left in the hallway at the bottom of my apartment where only USPS has access too. Probably doesn't hurt that I have a note that explicitly says to leave shit there.

I dislike Dragon Age, it just didn't feel good playing it for some reason... It felt awkward, but I liked the dialog situations.

Hmmm 200 for my 20 GB from Lamestop? That doesn't sound so bad...

Think they'll take it if it has a scratch on it? Mine has a big scratch on the front (tried to fit it in a wire-shelf that it sound fit into and on the way out it scratched up.)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hmmm 200 for my 20 GB from Lamestop? That doesn't sound so bad...

Think they'll take it if it has a scratch on it? Mine has a big scratch on the front (tried to fit it in a wire-shelf that it sound fit into and on the way out it scratched up.)[/QUOTE]

As long as it works, I don't think they care.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']And the one I ordered is now listed as Out of Stock.

Customer Service got themselves a fucking e-mail.[/QUOTE]Did you make sure to use bright red, mega-sized font? If not, into the trash folder it goes.

[quote name='Cheska19']Yeah, I figured something would come up.
The fact they put that tid bit about Morgan in there led me to believe she'll be back.
The third case seems pretty gay right now >.> Also, are they foreshadowing something with this whole Maya/Phoenix thing? Isn't he a bit older than her?[/QUOTE]
There's no Maya/Phoenix shipping, if you're worried about that. Although you could easily find that sort of thing on the internet, if you're REALLY curious.

And I think he's only 5-6 years older than her, which isn't a huge deal if they're both over 18....alright I'm gonna stop typing now.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Did you make sure to use bright red, mega-sized font? If not, into the trash folder it goes.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ninja dog']BADDDDD ASSSSSSSSSs[/QUOTE]

I just wrote "NOT SO FAST, I GOT BEEF!" in capital letters

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hmmm 200 for my 20 GB from Lamestop? That doesn't sound so bad...

Think they'll take it if it has a scratch on it? Mine has a big scratch on the front (tried to fit it in a wire-shelf that it sound fit into and on the way out it scratched up.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they'll take it as long as it works, but definitely try craigslist first.

Almost done with Crash Team Racing. I figured I would get tired of trying to get the CTR Tokens/Time Relics, but I'm having a blast just like all those years ago.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, now that I finished ACII, I'm not sure what to play next. Maybe I will do Dragon Age or Starcraft II.[/QUOTE]
While they are both solid games, only one is the correct choice.

Choose wisely.

Immortal_Portrait.jpg

Or it shall be your reckoning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back