Oh no! GGT #37's dark past has come back to haunt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I need to finish Valkyria Chronicles one day...[/QUOTE]

Took me roughly about 5 months to beat. It's not unusual so don't feel bad about that. I at least recommend trying to beat it at some point in your lifetime rather than not.

I wanna go back and play it now... good thing the sequel is out in a bit. I'm tight on money but I set aside some for that.

My 6 dollar copy of MadWorld arrives today... about to take it for a spin.

Finished up X-Men Origins: Wolverine today. Definitely one of the better licensed games out there.

I got tired of fighting those big, stupid things in Wolverine. Way too many times you have to dodge and jump on their necks.

Valkyria Chronicles is dope.

Hm, maybe I should have reconsidered my BlockBuster plan. I just looked, and last time I had a rental plan, I got 23 games and finished two (Wolverine and Assassins Creed 2). :lol:

[quote name='dallow']or that I'm a pedo (deathsmiles) [/QUOTE]I laughed about that through 10+ playthroughs. 11 yr old chars in skimpy outfits.

[quote name='jer7583']Halo05 check your inbox for the Ms Pac Man code.

I put your names in order of your posts 1-14 and the random number generator gave me 1, so that's it.

Does anybody actually want the code for NG2 mission mode? haha

maybe I'll put it up on the free stuff page if not.[/QUOTE]

If I still had a copy of the game, I'd love it.

Unfortunately, I sold it. So no win for me. :(

[quote name='tiredfornow']
Jesus. I'm doing the whole "don't move on until I beat it" thing now. Working surprisingly well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been doing that this whole generation. Avoiding building a back log of more than a couple games, and just playing one game until I beat it (not counting maybe playing some online multiplayer on the side) and then move on to the next.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']My 6 dollar copy of MadWorld arrives today... about to take it for a spin. [/QUOTE]

I need to finish mine still. Won't disapoint for that price at all.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']My 6 dollar copy of MadWorld arrives today... about to take it for a spin.
[/QUOTE]

My advice on that game is to play only 1 or 2 chapters per day. That way it won't get too repetitive or seem too short. I took it slow and ended up loving it. It's one of my favorite games on the Wii and up to par with all the other games made by Platinum Games/Clover.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Jesus. I'm doing the whole "don't move on until I beat it" thing now. Working surprisingly well.[/QUOTE]

I started doing that when I was trying to play several games at once and started trying to go back to them after a long time on another game. I couldn't remember what I did last, where I was going, or what I was supposed to be doing.

Since then, I'll only play one story-heavy game at a time, but things like fighting games, action games (once I've beaten them once or twice, like DMC4 or Bayonetta), and racers, I can use those to get a break without effing with what I was focused on in the other game I'm playing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I started doing that when I was trying to play several games at once and started trying to go back to them after a long time on another game. I couldn't remember what I did last, where I was going, or what I was supposed to be doing.

Since then, I'll only play one story-heavy game at a time, but things like fighting games, action games (once I've beaten them once or twice, like DMC4 or Bayonetta), and racers, I can use those to get a break without effing with what I was focused on in the other game I'm playing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I try to do most of the time too. It helps me enjoy the games more as well.

Only finished the first level of MadWorld so far. Game seems decent, the controls are pretty bad though. May just take some getting used to I guess.

The over the top violence is pretty neat though.

Yeah, once you get used to the controls you'll be fine. And the announcers can be hilarious too with their spot-on delivery of extremely cheesy/childish lines.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, I would totally buy HD Madworld on PS3 since they can do the controls with Dat Move now. Or No More Heroes 1 and 2. . .:drool:

No excuses now.[/QUOTE]

Well, the HD NMH is getting a move supported Euro release.

I might import.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Get this "I might import" shit out of here. We know you have a boner for NMH, you'll be importing that shit day one. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Not as much as I use to but yeah... I'll bone.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']is NMH HD coming out over here without Move support?[/QUOTE]

So far only europe is announced...

[quote name='zewone']I'd import if it's uncensored. Why oh why is the :360: version region locked? :'([/QUOTE]

The euro version is uncensored.

Do any MP shooters allow you to compare your stats against the community? I got on MAG for the first time in a few months and I really like that they tell you how your stats compare to the rest of the community, so seeing that a .98 KDR is better than 80% of the people was nice.

I know some allow you to see where you stand on a leaderboard, but this is just on the stats screen and isn't limited to the stats that they track for leaderboards.

Halo 3 has a pretty good online stat tracking system. I think Call of Duty World at War did as well, but I didn't play that one.

Does anyone know anything about error 80010006 on the PS3? I asked my friend and he told me it meant that my PS3 is dying. I reallllllly don't want that, especially since I haven't even had it for a year. I was just trying to play a game I just downloaded (Rub a dub).

I know what you mean about the stats. It's nice being able to see tons of different stats across leaderboards. I think MW2 had something like that too, can't recall though.

Ikaruga is addicting. Also requires some crazy concentration.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Does anyone know anything about error 80010006 on the PS3? I asked my friend and he told me it meant that my PS3 is dying. I reallllllly don't want that, especially since I haven't even had it for a year. I was just trying to play a game I just downloaded (Rub a dub).[/QUOTE]

It's punishing you. =(

I know nothing about said error.

CaptainJoel I sent you a PM with the ninja gaiden code in it.

Rented Mafia 2 for free at family video. Also found a PS2 arcade stick for $5 at goodwill. It's not too bad either. Kind of a sanwa-knockoff square gate thing going on. It's at least worth it for the PS2 PCB.

[quote name='distgfx']It's punishing you. =(

I know nothing about said error.
[/QUOTE] You had me scared about that spoiler.

[quote name='jer7583']CaptainJoel I sent you a PM with the ninja gaiden code in it.

Rented Mafia 2 for free at family video. Also found a PS2 arcade stick for $5 at goodwill. It's not too bad either. Kind of a sanwa-knockoff square gate thing going on. It's at least worth it for the PS2 PCB.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a ton, jer! :D

I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it for me to sell my 20 GB PS3 now and then pick up a slim around Christmas time.... help me GGT

Pros
+Could use $ now
+More likely to die
+Have a slim PS2, don't need BC

Cons
-Paid $500 for it at launch, crazy loss
-After eBay/PP fees I could essentially be giving me PS3 away for 170-175 depending on how the auction goes

Questions
? How does copying your data and then uploading it to a new system work
? How big of a pain in the butt is it to recover your profile on PSN
? If it were to break, how much does it cost to upgrade to a Slim from Sony

The only way to truly copy over saves to a new system is via ethernet. I think it does locked saves too, not sure though since I've never personally done it. I did an HDD restore, and it copied over non locked saves and some other shit like videos and music. So if you want to sell it now, you'll probably lose some things. I'd say just get a flash drive and copy what saves you can to it.

It's easy to restore a PSN profile, just have your email and password ready to go.

Sony will upgrade you to a slim for $150. You get a refurb.

If I'm wrong on any of this shit, feel free to correct me.

Hmm... what about stuff that I've gotten via Gameshare and no longer have access to the person's account?

Another option I am seriously considering is selling it and just not picking up a new one, picking up a cheap BD player around Black Friday. Do BD players also play DVDs?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Time to upgrade!!!

Or hold down the power button for 3 beeps or so and rebuild the file system.[/QUOTE]
Would that erase everything? I don't know why I'd need to upgrade, it's a 120 gig slim that isn't even a year old. I deleted the game that was giving me the problem, I can play everything else fine.

Friend did it, it didn't erase anything. He had a similar problem. Might recommend backing shit up if you can.

. . .Or you can do what you did. lol

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']They cancelled This is Vegas, what are we going toooo doooooo guys[/QUOTE]

Steal the source code and finish it ourselves. The world must play This Is Vegas at any cost.

So yea... Dead Nation... it's pretty good.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Would that erase everything? I don't know why I'd need to upgrade, it's a 120 gig slim that isn't even a year old. I deleted the game that was giving me the problem, I can play everything else fine.[/QUOTE]

Read my post dagnabbit, redownload the game and delete the save file. See if it'll work then.

EDIT: Oh yea, and if it put anything in game data, then get rid of that too.

[quote name='distgfx']So yea... Dead Nation... it's pretty good.

Read my post dagnabbit, redownload the game and delete the save file. See if it'll work then.

EDIT: Oh yea, and if it put anything in game data, then get rid of that too.[/QUOTE]
Yessir, I read it after I posted and fixed it right up by redownloading it. Thanks, Dist!

Sell it and don't look back, Jim. Biggest mistake I made this gen was owning all three systems. Just isn't worth it like it used to be.

And yeah BR players play DVDs. There's a lot of great players for cheap out there.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The only way to truly copy over saves to a new system is via ethernet. I think it does locked saves too, not sure though since I've never personally done it. I did an HDD restore, and it copied over non locked saves and some other shit like videos and music. So if you want to sell it now, you'll probably lose some things. I'd say just get a flash drive and copy what saves you can to it.

It's easy to restore a PSN profile, just have your email and password ready to go.

Sony will upgrade you to a slim for $150. You get a refurb.

If I'm wrong on any of this shit, feel free to correct me.[/QUOTE]

You're pretty much right on.

When I bought a slim after selling my 60gb for $330 on eBay, I did the following:
deactivate old ps3 on all accounts
transfer data via utility
format old ps3
track down gameshare creators and get passwords for accounts so I could redownload shit

[quote name='seanr1221']Sell it and don't look back, Jim. Biggest mistake I made this gen was owning all three systems. Just isn't worth it like it used to be.

And yeah BR players play DVDs. There's a lot of great players for cheap out there.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm thinking... did you do the same or are you holding onto your PS3?

[quote name='seanr1221']Sell it and don't look back, Jim. Biggest mistake I made this gen was owning all three systems. Just isn't worth it like it used to be.

And yeah BR players play DVDs. There's a lot of great players for cheap out there.[/QUOTE]

I may have caved and grabbed a 360 eventually since I'd wanted to play gears/gears2/dead rising... but at this point, I've defaulted back to my PS3 and use the 360 for occasional gaming with chika.

She's got a Wii upstairs. That collects more dust than the 360 does. :lol:

I've contemplated it before but I already have enough invested in the ps3 to hold onto it.

Not making the same mistake next gen, and only going with one system.

Maybe Im off here, but the amount of exclusives this gen is significantly less than last gen. God of War/Uncharted vs Halo/Gears....and Skittles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back